Truth and Ideals - Ferriswhee...

_LisaNguyen_ tarafından

At 15 years old, White had defeated Team Plasma and stopped Ghetsis from conquering Unova. Despite a seemingl... Daha Fazla

Truth and Ideals
Prologue - N's Castle
Chapter 1 - Two Years Later
Chapter 2 - Virbank City
Chapter 3 - Cheren
Chapter 4 - Fashion Show
Chapter 5 - Reunion
Chapter 6 - Foster Sisters
Chapter 7 - Rosa
Chapter 8 - Their Identities
Chapter 10 - A Scientist's Wits
Chapter 11 - Feelings
Chapter 12 - Confessions
Chapter 13 - Opelucid City
Chapter 14 - Together
Chapter 15 - Humilau City
Chapter 16 - Search For You Again
Chapter 17 - True Motives
Chapter 18 - An Unwavering Heart
Chapter 19 - A Selfless Choice
Chapter 20 - All That You've Done
Epilogue - Cherished Memories
Thank You

Chapter 9 - Resolution

823 36 1
_LisaNguyen_ tarafından

Last edited: 07/01/2020

★👑★

White~

The grunt brought us to a northern safe house that sat atop a hill in Driftveil City. According to the grunt, it acted as a sanctuary for former Team Plasma members. N was very likely inside, as well as Concordia and Anthea.

Before that, I noticed Clay supervising a construction site, where I saw workers entering the cave that happens to me in the northwest part of the city.

'I'll be sure to talk to him later,' I noted to myself.

Lucario, Gardevoir, and I entered the safe house, where I had noticed some people tending to the Pokémon inside. What surprised me was the sight of Team Plasma uniforms on top of the tables nearby. Perhaps I wasn't used to the sight, but it was surprising to witness this scene. And the Pokémon here—they all look so happy.

However, what surprised me more was the presence of a Team Plasma Sage: Rood.

"Ah, White. It appears you haven't changed a bit—excluding your outfit, that is."

Oh right! I was still wearing the outfit from Elesa's fashion show. Maybe I was used to the soft fabric of the dress.

"Yes, it appears so. My other outfit happens to be in my bag. Do you have a room where I could change?" I asked.

The outfit was very noticeable with its bright colours, especially when the fashion show was a huge success. Even though I could handle critical situations well, I considered Bianca's warning. After all, I didn't want to create a bad image for others.

"Of course! It's the least we could do for you," Rood responded, turning to one of the grunts looking after a Herdier. "You there, please attend to Miss White and help her with her needs."

"Certainly!" the female grunt replied casually.

She motioned me to the lower area of the building, just downstairs from the first floor. In the room, I noticed more grunts sitting on separate beds. N, Concordia, and Anthea weren't there, and the building didn't appear to have any more floors.

"Everyone, clear the room, especially the men!" the female grunt voiced to the grunts in the room.

All of the Team Plasma grunts that were in the room stared at me with a surprised reaction before hopping off the beds and headed upstairs.

"Sorry about that. This is just the start for us, so space isn't something we could provide. You can make use of the room to change. I can wait outside until after you finish if that's what you wish," the grunt suggested.

"It's alright, but I appreciate the offer—actually, there's something I want to ask you, so do you mind sticking around for a bit?"

She widened her eyes. "I-is that alright?"

I nodded with a reassuring smile. "Yeah, we're both women so that's not an issue. Plus, I want to talk about all of this—this new Team Plasma I'm seeing."

The female grunt was still surprised but nodded. I asked Lucario to help me guard the door outside. Once Lucario did what he was asked, Gardevoir grabbed the white dress from my backpack, along with the dark grey jacket and black leggings neatly folded.

"Could you help me with the zipper?" I asked as I took off my cardigan.

"Oh, sure," the female grunt replied.

As she helped me get the zipper down, I proceeded to remove the dress and high heels.

"Your foot..."

I nodded. "Yeah, just a little incident, but it's nothing to worry about."

"My lord N will not be happy to see that. He cares about you a lot, you know," the grunt noted.

After I got the high heels off, I sat on one of the empty beds in my lingerie. Gardevoir placed the clothes, all unfolded and placed neatly beside me, and carefully helped me put on my leggings. It was a bit difficult to do since I wasn't able to freely twirl my ankle.

"Don't worry, I don't plan on breaking him. I would never hurt him; intentionally at least," I reassured.

"I'm glad to hear that," the grunt admitted. "The people here are former Team Plasma members. We wanted to make amends, to forgive ourselves two years ago. The fact N was alive out in the world is what kept us believing."

"I was surprised by Rood's presence. To be honest, I would've assumed he would be with the other Sages," I confessed.

"Yes, it may sound strange, but it is the truth. Our loyalty will always remain with our lord, N. We chose to keep our uniforms, but we don't plan on wearing them publically just yet," she responded.

Gardevoir continued to assist me with putting on the dress, while I continued to talk with the female grunt. I learned they were released last year and ever since then they started to atone to their troubles. However, the more I see it, the more my heart tightens at the thought of them doing all this to be resented more.

It was a strange feeling, as I immediately thought about the negative. However, I couldn't help thinking about it, as the impact caused thousands of misunderstandings. Unova was changing—I'm noticing that well as I re-examined the cities.

After a few minutes, Gardevoir finished changing me. I got up on my feet and wore the jacket, buttoning a few buttons before reaching for my bag. I motioned Gardevoir to follow me towards the door.

"Are you going to join our cause?" the grunt asked.

I had always been hesitant. It's just that I don't feel it was the right time for me to join. Perhaps in the future, my decisions will change.

★👑★

After Lucario helped me out of the room and into the main room, I spotted Clay speaking with Rood and their faces looked like it was speaking about something urgent. However, I wasn't sure due to the distance. I approached the pair, with Gardevoir and Lucario by my side.

To my surprise, Clay was delighted to see me.

"What a surprise! White, it really be you. How ya doin'? It's been two years since I last saw ya," Clay exclaimed.

"I'm doing fine myself. How's the Gym work holding up?" I asked.

"Gym's runnin' smoothly. A couple of challengers stood out from the rest of 'em. Kinda reminds me of ya, in a way. Better watch yerself," Clay noted.

"Then I can't wait to meet them. By the way, what's with the construction far west from here?" I questioned.

"Ah! That is the successful result of my minin' operation two years ago. Ye sure lucked yerself out. We used the minerals for the World Tournament that was constructed here, built to encourage development, ye know. Why don't ye check it out?"

"I'm down. Sounds exciting, right Lucario?" I stated.

Lucario nodded vigorously, pumping his fists in front of him.

"Well, I'll be! You've gotten stronger, haven't ye Lucario? And you Gardevoir—you've changed too. What a surprise!"

"We've been training for a while and I know my friends and I have grown stronger. But is it okay for someone like me to participate in the tournament? Shouldn't there be a restriction?" I questioned.

"No rules there, lass. Everyone's welcome to participate. Ye just worry 'bout havin' fun, whaddya say? The Driftveil Tournament is happenin' quite soon."

Lucario and I nodded to each other.

"Gardevoir, Lucario, let's go! We'll be back later, Rood!" I informed him, as the three of us bolted out the door and sprinted south of the city.

★👑★

After I finished the registration, the woman wearing a green uniform escorted me to the back of the stage. Beforehand, she told me I needed to choose 3 Pokémon that I planned on using to battle with. I chose Lucario and Gardevoir, and also Vanilluxe.

After around 5 minutes, one of the attendants informed me that my turn was coming up, which meant I was part of the first battle.

I followed them to one of the sides of the battlefield, clutching onto Lucario's Pokéball in my bag. The attendant told me to started entering the stage and said 'good luck' to me. As I walked to the door, I heard the announcer speaking to the audience.

"The Driftveil Tournament starts now! First-timer White, our beloved Unova's prized Champion, enters!"

I went through the door and I was greeted with roaring cheers from each part of the stadium. Everyone started to chant my name amongst the crowd. The continued doing so while I climbed up the stairs and stood on my side of the battlefield.

"In this corner, the young Pokémon Trainer battling for his ideals, Cheren!"

Once again, the crowd erupted into cheers. I smiled to myself, hearing the name of my longtime friend. Cheren entered through the door and briefly waved at me before meeting me on stage.

"I never thought the day I'd battle the Champion you would come this soon, Touko," Cheren commented.

I let out a short breathe. "It's been way too long, old friend."

"It has indeed. I've grown stronger over the past two years and I don't plan on going easy on you now!"

"I don't plan on going easy either! Go Vanilluxe!"

I threw a Pokéball into the air and brought Vanilluze out. Cheren brought out Liepard and the battle began from there. It surprised me how he wasn't using a Normal-Type Pokémon.

"I see, so this is what you meant by not holding back," I noted.

"I would normally battle people with Pokémon of my Gym's element, but you are an exception. There's no way I'm going to battle you without the Pokémon that travelled alongside me," Cheren exclaimed.

"Liepard is fast, but so is my ally! Vanilluxe, use Ice Beam!" I called out.

Vanilluxe formed two light blue orbs in front of his two mouths and fire two multiple, separate light blue beams from them and towards Liepard.

Liepard's familiar quick reflexes were used to dodge the attack.

"Now Liepard, use Shadow Claw!"

Liepard dashed forward and jumped into the air. One of its paws became surrounded by a black aura with a purple outline. The aura then morphs into a claw shape, as Liepard growled and lashed towards Vanilluxe.

"Protect!" I commanded.

Vanilluxe surrounded itself with a small turquoise energy shield, which grew larger until Vanilluxe is completely covered, blocking Liepard's attack.

As usual, Cheren changed. I expected that, but I never thought it would be to this level. Looks like I'm going to have to try even harder.

★👑★

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

29.1K 1.7K 52
The Heroes of Truth and Ideals have left the Unova region, leaving behind chaos that eventually settled. But what hadn't settled however, were the re...
9.1K 540 25
A cold and bitter wind. An evil organization craving retribution following their failure two years prior. And a teenage girl brave enough to stand up...
1.8K 236 118
What is life like in post-Team Plasma Unova? A young family from Orre is about to find out. Amber is the only Gym Challenger who came close to defeat...
14.4K 640 66
A new generation of Pokédex holders await! Professor Juniper chooses four lucky teenagers to travel all around Unova region with their very own Pokéd...