Final Fantasy XV x Reader

By got-it-memorised

another one if many on this site.This is mainly to help ny tumblr out because I have no ideas for any x reade... More

Quick thing
Reminiscing (Ignis - fluff)

Noctis Request

985 26 9
By got-it-memorised

This was requested on my tumblr blog and I thought I should finally post it here. It was a request of older!Noctis sending quality time with his daughter and s/o.
_____

"Daddy!"

That was the first thing he heard when he got out of Regalia the second. He turned after closing the door, finding his five year old daughter racing down the steps to the courtyard.

Aura was special to him in more ways than one. Whereas his son was conceived upon the first day since the ten year darkness, a gift, he supposed, from the six, she was a survivor. And thank Bahamut that she survived just as you had.

She stumbled down the last two steps, hair, the same colour as your own, billowing behind her, and fell straight into his arms. He grasped her hips and lifted her up high, grinning from ear to ear in pure joy as she outstretched her arms with happy giggles.

Noctis brought her down and towards his chest, making sure her legs were secure around his waist whilst he held her to his hip. He nuzzled his face into her neck, her laughter warmer than any sunrise he had experienced.

"Daddy!" She breathed between laughter. "You haven't shaved again! It tickles!"

Noctis pulled his face away and looked into her eyes. They were just as intense as yours, the same hues, the same amount of saturation. She was a spitting image of yourself and he knew that if anything happened to you, he would protect her. And if anything happened to her, someone would have to pay.

"Don't you like it when I make you smile?" He feigned a pout, poking is bottom lip out. "That's not very nice."

And, just like that, worry and apologies washed over her features as Aura kissed his cheeks, forehead and nose. "Sorry, Daddy. I didn't mean to make you sad."

His smiled softened, his features showing that same tender expression his father often showed him, as he tucked your daughter's unkempt hair behind her ear. "I was only teasing, Aura." He rubbed his nose with his before kissing her hairline. "What's that you have in your hand?"

Aura's eyes widened and she brought her right hand in front of her face. "It's a sylleblossom. Uncle Gladdy said that they bloomed beautifully at this time of year in Tennabrae. So he picked a few and gave one to me. And then he gave me another one and said that I could give it you when you returned. So..." She held it out to him. "Here you go, daddy."

Noctis went to take it but she only tucked it into his hair and secured it in place with a black bobby pin. Of course she was going to do that. He chuckled and kissed her nose. "Let's find mummy."

When he began walking up the stairs, he listened to Aura telling him about her week and how Regis, her older brother, had allowed her to help him with his school projects. And when she was upset, he would tell her a story that Noctis had often shared: how the light vanished for ten years and how the Astrals had given the Chosen One another chance, to be able to rule and protect Lucis once again, just like the Kings before him had down.

All the while he smiled, listening carefully to her every word. Despite the peace that had ensued, there were still lurkers within the world itself and any journey could prove perilous. It was still an uncertain time, rebuilding had just been completed. But there was only so much one could do with brick, plaster, mortar and stone. The rest was up to the people to decide.

Mental instability from the traumatic experiences still lingered even if they were numbed down. Knowing that he would never see his father smile again or feel the tranquility of an Oracles healing magic again was certainly something that still ignited fear within the King. But his family had aided him without even knowing. Doing the small things like showing him drawings, offering to help him with his duties. It wasn't like they were exaggerating anything, just being as selfless as they could possibly be taught whilst also knowing that it's okay to be selfish every once in a while.

And Aura had nailed it. Whenever she wanted something from him, like a small holiday to the Galdin Quay as a family, she'd try to make him something (with the help of the chocobros, who still resided and worked as Noctis' closest allies), or she'd just be even cuter than normal. Once he was in an exceptionally good mood, she'd pop that all important question where refusal would make Noctis cry on the inside. An she'd pull the silent treatment the next day.

"Daddy,can we go on a road trip one day? As a family? Including Gladdy, Prompto and Specs?"

Noctis sighed a little. "Why, may I ask?"

"Well, it's just.... I want to see what you did when you went on your journey. Reggie always tells me that story and we know you saved the world. We just want to go places with you."

Noct couldn't hold back his smile. "One day. But not until your old enough to swing a sword and fend for yourself. I don't want you getting hurt."

"But you'd be an old man by then."Fourty-five isn't that old..." He mused. "Your grandpa was still fighting when I was twenty."

"But he died..."

"He stood tall." He looked into her eyes. "True strength and bravery doesn't lie in how much muscle you have no matter how many times Gladio tells you that. It lies within you. In here." He poked her chest gently, just over her heart. "And that is what I told Regis, too. Don't let the big boy fool you so easily."

----

When Noctis reached your shared bedroom, Aura still in his arms, he found you sat on the bed, drowsiness casting shadows over your features.

"Hey."

His voice, he noted, caused you to look up from the book you were reading. The leather covered material fell to the floor as your hand relaxed in surprise. He met your gaze with a loving smile and he approached you slowly.

"Sorry I'm a little late for our anniversary." He continued, perching himself on the bed next to you. "Ignis still doesn't trust my driving so we had to rely on Prompto."

You could only smile. "Memories are all the more important to us now. Having you stuck in a crystal for two years leaves a lot of catching up to do. You know?"

"I sure do." He leaned towards you and pressed his lips with yours for a few moments. "But it was worth it."

You nudged him playfully. "You may have missed the Anniversary, but you did return on our little princess' birthday. It was all she wanted. Every 'what do you want for your birthday; was answered with 'I want daddy home' and an upset gaze to the throne room."

Noctis smiled and weaved his fingers through the hair of his sleepy daughter. "And how's Regis?"

"Getting by. He caught a couple of fish, beat Narcissus in his training. Nothing important. He definitely missed you though. His frown was more common than it ever had been." You grinned. "Kinda reminds me of this guy who somehow became my husband."

"C'mon. You love it really."

"Just because kissing it away makes your smile that much brighter,"

"Mummy, dadddy, stop flirting. I'm sleepy."

Noctis smiled dearly. "Ah - ah. Not just yet." He sat Aura between his legs now and retrieved the hair brush that laid behind him on the bed. "Day has a birthday present for you." He began brushing her matted, tangled hair.

"What is it daddy?"

"My love and affection is the main gift." He began as he set the brush down. He went into his suit pocket and pulled out a small comb hair accessory, a sylleblossom embellished at the top, and slid it into her hair. "A sylleblossom for Lucis' very own blossom. No matter how silly she is."

A tired giggle escaped her as she clambered onto him, pushing him onto his back. "Thank you daddy." She pulled the one she slipped through his raven strands out his hair. "But your one died."

"Because it had no water to drink or food to eat." He pecked her nose. "The one I have given you will never die so long as you look after it and, most importantly, not lose it. I went through dangerous dungeons to find the right parts for it."

"Such as?"

"Cossalmarch Tower and The Vesperpool."

He heard you sigh. "Noctis, I thought you said you wouldn't do any of that stuff for Dino any more?"

"I said I wouldn't unless it was for a good cause." He grinned slyly. "I think seeing this little one smile is a good cause." By this point, Aura had fallen asleep, clinging to his robe tightly. "Even if it costs me my life."

"Remind me why I just fell in love with you all over again, your majesty."

"It's my charm. It weakens you every time."

"Alright, alright, loverboy. No need to over do it."

Noctis smiled and pecked your lips before pressing his lips to the crown of Aura's head. He spoke gently, a soft whisper. "In your dreams, you rule. You decide your own path. But, if you see my father anywhere at all, know him in a way I never cared to know him for until it was too late," He tucked her into bed and gave her his old carbuncle token. "Carbuncle will protect you when I cannot. Walk tall, my princess. May the six aid you when the way is dark."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 11.1K 32
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
80.6K 3.6K 20
Grosvenor Square, 1813 Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Feathe...
481K 14.6K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
218K 4.6K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...