Stepbrother | l.h

By Asunic

" Luke and Amber were meant to be ♥ .... step-siblings. " Asunic™ [cover by dreamynard] More

1: Language
2: On Holiday
3: Mall Boy
4: Noise
5: Whatever
6: Unbelievable
7: The Cliche Thing
8: Heres the thing
9: Murders and Dates
10: I'm Just Tired
11: Tear Stained Pillow
12: Wet Dreams?
13: No doll I was talking about you
14: Where are we?
16: Room 104
17: A night out in town
18: Your Friend Michael Called, Its Urgent.
19: kissing on the kitchen floor
20: The Dreaded Day
21: Why Do All Guys Do This?
22: Vodka and Mums
23: Is he REALLY drunk?
24: Little Girl
25: Do you want me to call you Daddy?
*26: It's not porn, he's just fixing her TV
27: You just mouth fucked the poor girl?
28: this hits too close to home
29: What if you two fall in love.
30: The date has been set.
31: I bet she can't do it as well as me.
*32: Hottest thing shes ever seen.
33: How did she know?
34: Wanna see my hemmocanda?
35: Chumming on the highway
36: Wouldn't want to make daddy mad
37: stay in here and cuddle
38: Downgraded.
39: Hangovers and salads.
40: Cherry on top.
41: Lost Love
42: Emotionless Zombie
43: Beach Reunions :)
44: amnesia
45: home
46: Fixed?
VOTE FOR NEXT BOOK ! ! !
47: Happily Ever After
Epilogue
Second Book?
SECOND BOOK !!!

15: Stale Toast

5.9K 156 51
By Asunic

That gif is perfect for this chapter fkdndks... anyways here's the chapter that took 5 years to write.

Chapter Fifteen
"Stale Toast"
--------------

I chewed my stale toast lazily as i gazed out the window, leaning against the kitchen counter.

It had been a few days since I had went out with Calum to the shelter, and a few days since Luke decided to put the moves on me.. or what ever that was.

I watched the runners and bikers make their way down the street in the early hours of the morning.

I loved the mornings, it was so peaceful and quiet. I loved watching the sun rise over the trees and high into the skies as the birds sang it a song of encouragement.

I also loved how it felt like you were the only one alive, because of the lack of lawnmower and car engines speeding by.

My thoughts were interrupted by the footsteps that made their way down the stairs. I turned my head to see my mom, in her robe and slippers. The ones I had gotten her for Christmas last year.

"I knew they'd look great on you, violet was always your color." I told her with a faint smile on my lips. My mom let out a simple, mhm, then opened the fridge and grabbing the milk.

"You can't stay mad at me forever mom, I am your daughter." I said with a frown on my face, she only rolled her eyes as she grabbed a glass cup from the cabinet.

"This is so childish, mom." I huffed as i angrily bit into my toast. With my words, my mom whipped around and gave me a deathly glare.

"You know what's childish, Ambrosia? Whats childish is that you can't listen to what I tell you, and stay away from one boy. Just one boy. There's a whole town of boys out there that you can be friends with. That's what's childish." She snapped at me before turning her should to me and pouring the milk into her cup.

"Mom, I don't care about all the other boys in town. I care about Calum. He's been there for me. He makes me feel beautiful and safe. He makes me feel wanted." I argued to her, with a small voice.

"I don't really care what you think about him, or what Luke thinks about him. Hell, I don't even care if grandma hates him. All that matters is that I like him." I told her, as she turned to me with an unreadable expression.

"Well aren't you going to say something?" I asked , furrowing my eyebrows with confusion.

"You really care about him?" She asked, her words coming about as a mere whisper.

"Yes mom, I do. I really do."

"I guess I was quick to judge this boy." She reasoned, slowly. "I shouldn't have taken Luke's word over my own daughter, you've never given me a reason for me to believe you'd lie."

"Thank you." I mumbled, before walking over to her and pulling her into a hug. "I love you."

"I love you too." She whispered into my hair, as she pulled me closer into her.

For the first time since we moved to this house, I felt safe. Safe in the arms of my mom.

"I'm happy we made up." She chuckled, as she gave me a light squeeze.

"Why is that?" I asked her as a lazy smile made its way to my lips.

"Because today we have to go check out the highschool, get you enrolled all that fun stuff." She told me. "It would have been awkward having to sit in a room together for an hour when we wanted to bite eachother heads off."

"Mom, I don't think you understand what the word 'fun' means." I told her, shaking my head as i giggled lightly.

"Am I interrupting something?" A voice asked from the doorway. My mom and I turned our heads to see Andrew and Luke, side by side looking at us with with grins that read, thank God it's finally over.

Luke and I's eyes met, only for a split second. But a split second was all it took for butterflies to form in my stomach. I shook my head and gazed in the opposite direction.

"Actually yes, a mother and daughter moment." My mom chuckled as she patted my back.

"Well sorry, we just thought we'd tell you we were going tux shopping for the wedding." Andrew said as he placed a kiss on my mom's nose, causing me to awkwardly scoot out of her arms and over to the doorway, next to Luke.

While my mom and Andrew rambled on about who knows what, I could feel Luke's stare hard on my face. I felt my cheeks grow hot as i snuck a glance at him and our eyes met.

"We need to talk." He whispered to me, as I fumbled with my hands.

"No, we dont." I whispered back, trying to turn my attention to my mom and Andrew but all I could focus on was Luke's blue eyes burning into the side of my face.

I heard Luke let out an annoyed sigh before he grabbed my wrist and yanking me out of the kitchen and into the living room.

"What?" I asked harshly as i rubbed my aching wrist.

"We need to talk." He repeated, with more force than before.

"About..?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. I tried to play dumb, but I could already tell that it would get me nowhere with Luke.

"You know what." He spat out with an eye roll before adding "What are your feelings towards me?"

I thought hard about his question. What were my feelings for Luke? At some times I want to rip his head off, and at other times I want to hug him until he can't breath.

"I don't know." I told him honestly. I've never felt this way about a human being, I don't know what you would call it.

"You don't know?" He asked me with a skeptical look.

"I don't know." I said back, blinking at him blankly.

"God Ambrosia, you make me so fucking angry." He spat out. I opened my mouth so say, don't swear but was cut off by his harsh words.

"Dont. Say. It. Just let me talk."

"You make me so fucking angry, but sometimes you make me feel so fricken happy. I don't know what to do when we run into eachother in the hall, so I'm just a dick to you. But then I hate myself for being a dick. None of this is most likely making sense to you, because when I talk to you I get so nervous. It's like I know what to say but the words won't come out right. This feeling I get when I'm around you, I hate it. But I hate it because I crave it, I can't ever get enough of it. It took me awhile to realise what it was, but then it hit me.. it you. Its always been you. Youre the thing that I crave. You're that feeling." He told me his words coming out in a blur.

To say I was speechless was completely accurate. I stood there, with my mouth agape staring into his eyes as they searched mine for an answer. I had no idea he had felt this way, and I felt so blind. All the clues were there, I just was too high up in the clouds to read them.

"God, please say something." He whispered, his eyes trying to read my blank face.

I don't know what led me to do this, but i leaned in. I leaned in until our noses were brushing against eachother. I leaned in until our lips were connected, and sparks were flying as we moved in sync. I felt a buzz inside of me, starting at our connected lips and moving throughout my body filling me with a sensation that made me want to scream out with joy.

"Luke, let's get going!" A voice called from the kitchen, causing us to spring apart.

"Okay." Luke called back as he stared at me in the eye, with a goofy smile on his face that made me roll my eyes.

He leaned in once more, but instead of connecting with my lips he left a delicate kiss on my nose. I felt my cheeks become hot as he pulled away then walked away to his father with a skip in his step.

That's when I realised, Calum wasn't the boy who I needed most. Or the boy who made me feel safe, or wanted. He wasn't the boy who made me feel beautiful with all my flaws.

The boy who made me feel those things, was Luke Hemmings. My soon-to-be stepbrother.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Woo, lamber is sailing.

I'm the worst author ever. I havent updated in like 2 weeks and I'm soososooso sorry.

School was piling up, and my grades were failing. But it's all good now. Sorry if this chapter is lower quality, I tried.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 600 10
With only their soulmate tattoos to guide them, Calum and Bex stumble through the world looking for love. Wherever it may be.
5K 184 16
You know it's wrong but it feels so right. You fall for your soon to be step brother, He falls for you. You know it's wrong but you both can't help i...
1K 0 119
Everyone wonders what happened before the Hemmings Family was formed, what went down in those ten years? This story is a rewind of All our lives from...