The Wolf Baby

By Kayy_B

**THIS IS A SAMPLE, PLEASE DO NOT READ IT IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET TRIGGERED BY THE FACT THAT IT IS A SAMPLE... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Nine

671K 16.1K 2.5K
By Kayy_B

Chapter Nine

"Nina, can you hear me?"

I slowly opened my eyes, a woman was standing in front of me holding a small torch in her hand. I felt my mouth open and mutter something before my eyes closed and I drifted off.

I opened my eyes again and blinked rapidly as the strong smell of anti-bacterial cleaner filled my nose. I glanced down and noticed I was laying down on a bed that wasn't mine. The room was bright, light from the window was reflecting off the white walls, making me want to close my eyes again. I heard a beeping noise and turned towards the source of the noise before looking at my hand that had some wires attached to it.

I'm at a hospital?

"How are you feeling?" Gabriel asked quietly, looking worn out.

I groaned quietly and tried to sit up. "What happened?"

"You had a small panic attack." He told me as he got off his chair and helped me sit up.

Panic attack?

I frowned trying to think back before I gasped. "My baby. Gabriel, my baby!"

"The baby is fine, calm down."

I sighed in relief, slumping against the pillow and closing my eyes. My baby is fine, we're okay.

"You scared me." Gabriel muttered making me snap my eyes open. "There's not a lot of things that scare me, but when your little friend called me I was terrified. I thought the baby was gone or wouldn't make it."

I looked at Gabriel as he stared at my covered stomach. He reached out slowly and placed his large hand on my stomach, giving it a light rub.

It was like this for a minute, we were both silent as Gabriel caressed my stomach gently. I thought back to earlier, the reason why I had a panic attack. I wanted to ask him about it, but I don't think now is the right time for it.

I cleared my throat. "Shouldn't we call a nurse or doctor?"

Gabriel removed his hand and leaned back against his chair. "She'll be here soon." He nodded.

I frowned in confusion. "But you didn't call her or press the button."

"She'll be here soon." He repeated. I raised an eyebrow but didn't question him.

"What were you thinking about?"

"What?" I asked as Gabriel leaned closer.

"What were you thinking about? Before you had a mini panic attack."

"You." I answered truthfully watching as he frowned and inched closer.

Before either one of us could say anything a woman holding a clipboard came into the room with a small smile on your face.

"Ah, Nina you are awake."

I stared at the blonde haired woman and frowned. She wasn't my doctor.

"She's not my doctor." I hissed at Gabriel.

"I am Dr. Montgomery." She introduced herself with a polite smile. "Dr. Lane isn't available anymore and Mr Drakos agreed it would be best if I took over."

Did he now? I sent Gabriel a small glare before I focused on Dr. Montgomery. "We just saw Dr. Lane today. How can she be unavailable so quickly?"

"She had a few personal issues and has decided to take a couple of months off." Dr. Montgomery said without hesitation.

I looked at the doctor for a few seconds, something wasn't right. Where's my doctor?

"We've done a few test and it seems like the baby is fine." Dr. Montgomery told us, looking at her clipboard. "I would recommend you be cautious over the next couple of days, don't do anything that might stress you out. I have prescribed some iron tablets for you to take as well as some prenatal vitamin tablets. Do you have any questions?"

"So the baby is definitely fine?" I asked just to make sure. "Everything is okay?"

"Yes, the baby is healthy." She gave me a reassuring smile before she glanced at Gabriel. "And also very strong."

"So I can leave?" I asked her and she nodded.

After Dr. Montgomery was done checking everything, we were discharged from the hospital. Gabriel practically carried me out of the hospital and into the car, ignoring all my protests.

We drove back in silence, the journey back home taking much longer than the morning since it was rush hour.

"You are not kidnapping me again." I warned him, keeping my eyes on the window just in case.

"You can't kidnap what belongs to you." I heard Gabriel mutter but I ignored him. It didn't feel like this all happened today. Only 6 hours ago I was waiting for Gabriel to pick me up for the appointment, a lot has happened since then.

We finally reached my house, and I unbuckled the seatbelt quickly not wanting to spend any more time in the car.

I felt something grab my wrist. "Wait."

"What?" I asked apprehensively.

"You mentioned that you were thinking about me when you had your panic attack."

I looked away from him as I thought about what I wanted to ask him. Did I really want to know the answer?

"Are you in the mafia?" I asked him quickly after a few minutes of silence.

"What? Why are you asking me this question?" Gabriel questioned looking quite shocked.

"Why are you avoiding my question?"

"No. I'm not in the mafia." Gabriel answered me looking amused. "Is that what you were worried about?"

"Yes, it made sense." I defended myself. "Promise me you're not."

Gabriel rolled his eyes. "I promise."

"Then why are you so strange?" I couldn't help but ask him.

"I thought girls liked it if a guy's mysterious?"

"You're not mysterious, you're creepy." I told him giving him a small smirk.

He narrowed his eyes at me before he smirked back. "That's not what you said that night."

My smirk fell and I glared at him. Did he really have to mention that? "Shut up." I muttered before reaching for the door.

"Take care of yourself." Gabriel told me, the playfulness replaced by a stern face. "Take it easy. I'll give you the space you need." He handed me the bag that contained the prescribed tablets Dr. Montgomery gave me.

I nodded. "Thanks." I got out of the car, slamming the door behind me and walked to my house. I put my hand in my pocket for my key then remembered I didn't have it. Sighing and hoping Leah was in, I knocked on the door.

The door flung open and Leah pounced on me.

"Thank god you're okay! They wouldn't let me in the room, even when I told them I was your next of kin. And then they kicked me out of the hospital. I called so many times but they wouldn't tell me anything."

I hugged Leah back tightly before pulling away. I turned back to see Gabriel's car still there, I went into the house and shut the door.

"How are you? How's the baby? Is everything okay?" Leah began firing questions at me as she pulled me to the living room.

"I'm fine, the baby's fine." I told her as we both sat down.

Leah let out a huge sigh of relief before pulling me into a hug. "I was so scared."

"What exactly happened?"

Leah pulled away from me and sighed. "I heard you scream and I found you on the kitchen floor. You were holding your stomach but you were passed out. There was a broken glass on the floor and there was blood. I called an ambulance and Gabriel. Gabriel beat us to the hospital and was already waiting for us. They rushed you off to this room and Gabriel went with you, I tried to go with you but they wouldn't let me. They wouldn't even tell me a damn thing!"

I shook my head. "But you're my next of kin. How did Gabriel get in?"

Leah shrugged. "They weren't going to let him in either but I don't know what happened as soon as he said he's name they let him in. I asked the nurses to give me updates but after a few minutes Gabriel rushed past the reception. He came back with some blonde lady and they ran into the room you were in. They wouldn't tell me anything and then security kicked me out! I didn't even do anything!"

"That doesn't make any sense. The only person they can share any information with is you. You're my next of kin." I frowned trying to think of a reason why they wouldn't let Leah in.

"Exactly! I tried telling them that. They didn't seem to care. After security kicked me out, I hung around for a bit before I headed home. I knew you'd return home or call me. I called the hospital several times but they told me nothing."

I shook my head not able to come up with any reasons why they did that. "That's weird."

"Very, but I don't care. You're okay and the baby is okay, that's all that matters." Leah told me giving me a smile.

I returned the smile and pulled her hands into mine, giving them a light squeeze. I honestly don't know what I'd do without her.

Leah squeezed my hands back gently before frowning. She pulled my hands up gently and squinted. "What?" She whispered.

"What's up?" I asked her feeling confused as she pulled my right hand closer to her face.

"You cut your hand." She started, staring at my hand in wonder. "Your hand was pressed into the broken glass, it was a deep cut. There was blood, a lot of it. It's gone."

I continued to stare at her in confusion, not fully understanding what she was saying.

"There's not even a cut or a mark. Your hand has completely healed!"

@=#~=~#=@

A/N: Thank you to everyone who reads, comments and votes, I really appreciate the support!

-Kayy xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253K 10.5K 60
(Highest #41 on 8/5/2020) A/N This book is a stand-alone even though the first few chapters might seem confusing! It's one of those, starts in the mi...
967K 35.4K 51
Hands, touch. That's all I felt. Everywhere. A burning sensation was all I could focus on, it was overwhelming. But I didn't want it to stop. I don'...
285K 8.8K 46
#1 in Werewolf on 4/2/21. This book is about a girl named Alessia who went to college meeting her best friend Jessica and fell in love with her boyfr...
66.7K 405 8
this is a werewolf swapped at birth story. imagine a baby dies at birth and its the alphas baby. a nurse freaks out and doesn't know what to do so sh...