Mosdenea

Oleh Animallover55

*Book 1 of the Saint J's Boys* He put his forehead against mine, making my breath hitch. Whispering he said... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Chapter 1--Meeting A Mosdenea
Chapter 2--Aliens Abduct From The Top Bunk
Chapter 3--My Car's Name is Daisy
Chapter 4--You Know What? Your Pants
Chapter 5--Daisy's Insides Are A Tetris Puzzle
Chapter 6--The Story of the Two Dolphins
Chapter 7--A Crane Is Apparently Cooler Than A Mermaid
Chapter 8--A Blackhole is Actually a Dead Star
Chapter 9--Shots Aren't Only From Doctors
Chapter 10.5--My Attitude Feels As Dry As The Thanksgiving Turkey
Chapter 11--Hands Are Like A Puzzle
Chapter 12--Swerving Cars, Cops, and Waves
Chapter 13--Some People Are Simply Posh
Chapter 14--Singing And Dancing Is Sweet Cherry Pie
Chapter 15--Good Thing Arrows Aren't Bent
Chapter 15.5--If You Fly, I Fly
Chapter 16--Everything Goes Up With The Bonfire
Chapter 17--Christmas Gifts That Match Are Cooler Than You'd Think
Chapter 17.5--Motorcycles, Jet Skis, Snow Mobiles, Oh My
Chapter 18--The Doctor of Motorcycles and the Nurse of Colds
Chapter 18.5--The Sun Tastes Like Honey
Chapter 19--What's The Big Deal With Having A Papi
Chapter 20--Third Wheeling Is Actually An Important Job
Chapter 21--Rain Seems To Make Everything Romantic
Chapter 22--The Art of Tattoos
Chapter 23--My Prom 2.0
Chapter 23.5--Two Stars Shine Brighter Than One
Chapter 24--The Best Best-Friends
Chapter 25--L.O.W
Chapter 26--The Ferry O'Love
Chapter 27--The Art of Unimaginable Contentment
Chapter 28--I Would Like To Thank The Academy
Chapter 29--Sharks Don't Bark, They Bite
Chapter 30--We Got Caught Playing Tag
Chapter 31--There's A Curse Word In Every Sentence
Chapter 32--Mirages Eventually Fade
Chapter 33-Home Is Where The Heart Is
Chapter 34--Episode V: The Mosdenea's Strike Back
Chapter 35--A "Brief" History Lesson
Chapter 35.5--Can All You Have Is Love?
Chapter 36--Life Moves On
Chapter 37--The End of a Good Story
Epilogue
New Story--Low

Chapter 10--Home Isn't As Sweet As My Other Home

8.5K 628 96
Oleh Animallover55

Aaron disappeared for a while. I didn't see him the rest of the week. When he came back, he was still ignoring me. Even though he was gone for a week, it didn't seem like he was "here" when he got back. He might as well have stayed wherever it was he went. He spent his time ignoring me and working. Some days he would come home in a suit, other days he would spend his time on the balcony working on his laptop while enjoying the view.

I thought he completely forgot I even existed, which actually hurt more than I wanted it to. However, the week he got back from his trip, I woke up one morning only to find Daisy's car keys on the key hook we have at the door. When Daisy had died, I simply gave Aaron the keys. I asked what he was going to do with her and he said he'd fix my car. After that, Pierce and Uber had been my main way to get around Miami.

I found Daisy in her usual parking spot. She looked clean but nothing special. I popped the hood of my car open and could already tell a few things were different. It was much cleaner and a little bit shiner. I think Aaron changed a few things about Daisy. When I sat in the driver's seat, she turned on without any hesitation. Even the inside of my car was cleaner. And hanging from my rearview mirror was a small finch ornament.

I couldn't stop the smile that seemed to take me over. When I said thank you to Aaron the night of, he didn't react. He just stared at me with his sad eyes and monotone face. He gave a small nod before looking down at his laptop and typing more information into an excel.

Pierce and I still carpooled to school—and I still split my gas money with him. But the issue was arising where I had to manage my time around him to get my shifts at work. So I was really glad—and so was he—to find that Daisy was saved.

Aaron still avoided me and I thought it was unfair that he made me feel the way I do. When I finally seemed to be ok with the fact he isn't speaking to me, he'll do something like fixing my car and although I'm happy, my heart sinks down into the pit of my stomach.

My parents were overly excited about me coming home for Thanksgiving. It's the first break I've had to come home, so naturally, my parents paid for my flight. They even said I wouldn't have to bring anything because it's snowing. As much as I was ready to see my family, a part of me was not excited at all.

It's been two weeks since Halloween. My life was filled with school, work, and weekends going to the beach with Pierce. The fact that it's still hot and humid and it's already November, made me happier than it should.

"So what are your plans for Thanksgiving?" I asked Pierce. He was driving me to the airport even though I argued with him because I could have drove myself.

"I'll probably make a cool dinner for Aaron and I," Pierce admitted. "We'll eat and laugh."

"So he actually laughs regularly?" I asked suddenly curious.

"He has to take small doses of laughter," Pierce said in an almost grave tone even though I knew he was kidding around. "His poor lungs don't understand what happiness is. And his heart is too weak for laughter."

I laughed as Pierce explained Aaron's incurable non-laughing condition. For some reason, I could actually picture Aaron laughing. Even though I have seen him laugh, it was so rare I was better off seeing an eclipse twice in one month. Half the time they weren't even laughs, just soft chuckles. I wonder what it would be like to see him give a full-hearted laugh. The image of Aaron and Pierce sitting around the table, laughing and joking around, I could actually picture it perfectly.

"You're not going to visit family?" I was trying to pry him open in attempt to learn more about his family.

"I already told you," Pierce gave me a crooked smile. "It's just Aaron and me."

When we arrived to the airport, Pierce helped me check in. He stayed by my side until it was time for me to go through security.

"You got everything?" He asked while handing me my passport.

"Yup," I replied tightening the straps of my backpack. I was glad to be traveling light. All my winter clothes are back home except for one jacket I stuffed into the bag for when I land. Everything else was generic stuff like my toothbrush, phone charger, and laptop.

Pierce smiled, giving me a tight hug. "See you in a week."

"I'm not being dropped off to my doom," I said with a small eyeroll. Pierce was acting like it was the end of the world. "Chill out Pierce."

He smirked, "Bye Parker. I'll pick you up when you get back."

With that I turned around and headed towards the security. Pierce and I gave each other a final wave before I turned towards where I was headed. A small part of me didn't know what to expect from my family. I still hadn't told them I was rooming with two guys. I could only imagine what was going to go down.

I took a deep breath and headed towards my terminal.

*******************

I made my way outside the airport towards the taxi section. As I landed, I received a text from one of my brothers that said he wouldn't be able to pick me up because our mother was having a panic attack on trying to make the house look perfect. I could actually picture how mom would force all of them to cook and grill while others cleaned and set the table. Thanksgiving wasn't for another few days but it's no surprise to me that my mom was already freaking over the smallest details of the house.

When I stepped foot out of the airport, I was instantly slammed into the coldest temperature I had felt in months. The wind was almost painful outside but the worst part was the instant numbness that filled my toes and fingers. I was thankful I had decided to wear the one coat I brought to Miami, but it didn't do justice to the amount of cold I was feeling. I couldn't wait to go through my old closet and dress like an Eskimo.

I gave my cab driver the address and put my earbuds in to listen to Coldplay. Every so often I would get a text from my friends and I would smile and send them pictures of outside my taxi window. There was snow everywhere. It wasn't falling, but everything was covered in a blanket of white.

Snow is like that toy you get when you're five. The first couple of days you play with it non-stop. You think the world is wonderful and filled with joy. After the five days, you shove that toy in the corner of your room and never touch it again. Snow is like that. The first couple of times being in snow is great. My brothers and I would goof around. Having snow ball fights and sledding. We even once built an igloo. But after a few days of not feeling our noses, we get tired of the snow and want it to go away. It's day one for me. I had a feeling I was going to get tired of the cold faster than usual.

My brother's names are Marshall, Ted, and Barney.

Just kidding... I wish.

There's William, Matthew, and James. Basically, the most generic names you could possibly think of. Then there's me—the girl that was meant to be a boy. The ultrasound specialist messed up and told my parents they were going to have another boy when in reality, I was a girl. They didn't find out until I was born. It really made my parents question ultrasound 'specialist.'

The taxi pulled into my neighborhood and I couldn't help but smile at the familiar houses. I saw a few kids playing outside and building snowmen. I remember being energetic and playful with my brothers. It was one of the few times we got along when we were young.

The cab slowly came to a stop in front of my house. I took a second to admire my home. It's almost vintage, made out of bricks and having an arch above the door. My parents had decorated the door with a Thanksgiving wreath and even placed a small turkey ornament on the steps. In the window I could see my mother waving her arms like she was directing an orchestra. I could already tell the boys were moving the table around.

I handed my cab driver his money before stepping out and slinging my backpack over my shoulders. As I headed towards my house my eldest brother, Will, saw me through the window and ran to the door. He opened it aggressively as I walked up the steps.

"Park is back!" Will yelled into the house. "James go hide the marshmallows! The demon spawn has returned."

Will is the eldest of us all. He and Matt are my two brothers who have already graduated college. They're only a year apart but Will still makes a big deal about being the oldest. It leaves James and I to fend for ourselves. We're two years apart, which meant during high school and my freshmen year of college, we were basically best friends. We had to stick together in order to defeat Will and Matt. That did not stop the fact that all my brothers and I would bicker. And even though James and I are close, Will and Matt would still do anything for me.

Matt joined Will at the door. They were both giving me a childish grin. Just like the order we were born, our heights seemed to follow. Will was a giant—he inherited all of my dads genes. He was a walking copy of my father only decades younger. His hair a shaggy dark brown and brown eyes like mine. Matt looks like my mother decades ago. His hair almost blonde and his eyes green. Then there's James and I. We were basically a mix. We looked like our parents decided to stir us both in a bowl with their genes. James inherited my mom's eyes and her hair, but my dad's face and build. I inherited my dad's eyes and hair, my body small—for a Michigan girl. In Miami, I'm actually tall compared to all the other girls.

"Park is back!" Matt yelled into the house, completely ignoring the fact that Will had yelled a few seconds ago.

I walked inside, Will and Matt hugging me between them as tight as they could in hopes they would break one of my ribs.

James came into view and ran down the stairs only to slam me into a hug as well. "Baby sister is back from her city of sun, hot, and hell."

"I hate you all," I muttered looking around the house. "Where's Marshmallow?"

Just as I said my cat's name, he rounded the corner. He sat down licking his paw. Marshmallow was my fat white cat who I named after my favorite sweet. Also, he looks like a ginormous marshmallow with his puffy white fur.

"Baby!" I squealed in a baby voice. He looked up at me, suddenly startled.

"Happier to see the cat than us," Matt said offended. "This is bullshit."

"Well your pants," I said as I picked up Marshmallow and held him close to me. My brothers all groaned, they probably didn't miss my awesome comebacks.

"Parker!" My mother yelled when I walked into the kitchen. She quickly wiped her hands on her apron before running towards me in a hug. I quickly set Marshmallow down just as my mom squeezed me. Her hair was turning from blond to gray—giving it a silver tint. She hugged me so tightly she might as well have been my brothers.

"My little girl," She said kissing my head. "How are you?"

"Dying," I murmured into her shoulder. "You're smothering me."

I was lucky enough to have my dad's genes because I was thankful I was taller than my mother. I've seen the pictures of her when she was young—petite and bubbly. That hasn't changed at all. I was too tall to be petite but at least I wasn't Will—a giant.

"Boys," My mom said getting their attention while holding my hands in hers. It felt like she was trying to chain me down to her, afraid I would get out of her grasp. "Go clean up the rest of the living room."

They all groaned and started complaining. She gave them a look that instantly sent them running. It doesn't matter how old boys become, they're always going to be afraid of their mothers.

"So tell me about Miami," Mom asked as she started cooking the food.

"You call me almost daily...and I talk to you at least once a week. Nothing has changed in the past few days."

"But I want know everything," Mom pushed. She always loved gossip and she acted like a complete child sometimes. I think she expects me to be a drama filled girl that always asks for her advice, but in reality, I could handle it all myself. Especially now. A part of me knows that the reason she acts this way is because she had three sons before a baby girl. Her nosiness however, was one of the many reasons I left.

"Where's Dad?" I asked looking around.

"He went to the store to buy more marshmallows." My mom smiled, "You can go help your brothers if you want. Dinner will be ready soon and I expect to hear about school and everything in Miami."

I rolled my eyes and joined my brothers. They were all 'cleaning' by wrestling with the remote controller. On the screen was a football game that didn't look at all interesting.

"Shit Matt," Will said throwing the controller to James. "You don't have to be a wuss about this."

"It's my damn turn," Matt complained.

"It's my turn," I interjected as I put my hand out. "Hand it over."

All three of them scoffed, sharing a word in unison, "No."

After much bickering, they let me have the remote. We were watching season four of How I Met Your Mother when my dad walked through the garage door, "Pumpkin you here?"

I got off the sofa and walked towards my dad who was dropping food off in the kitchen. "Hey dad," I said.

He gave me a bright smile and enveloped me in a hug, "There's my princess."

My dad, who's taller than your average man, gives some of the best hugs in the world. I haven't had a chance to really talk to my dad because usually when I call, my mother steals the phone to ask me about everything. If there's one thing great about my dad is that he's a very casual non-casual kind of guy. He pushes me to strive further but when I get too far he'll try to inch me back. For example, when I had a boyfriend he never cared that I spent a lot of time with my boyfriend, but apparently, he would always tell my mom how much he hated him.

My family and I moved to the dinner table once the food was done. They all asked me how Miami was going. James made me promise I would let him come down for a week or two. Then I went around asking how everyone else was doing.

Will has been working with my dad to learn how to run the real estate business. His girlfriend—that he's been dating for two years, was going to come and visit us during Christmas. I love his girlfriend, but her voice can annoy someone to the end of the world. I don't know how Will does it. I think he's partially deaf from the amount of times we spent yelling in his ears. A part of me was still dreading seeing her but she was ten times better than his last girlfriend. I was honestly expecting Will to propose soon.

Matt graduated and was currently working two jobs. His hobby was always engineering but he majored in business to help Will with our father's company. I asked if Matt had any new girlfriends—he typically went through them like I go through marshmallows. My family and I are glad he stopped bringing them home. But Matt answered that he wasn't in a serious relationship. Just a few flings that didn't end up working out.

Then I asked James. It's his senior year at the Uni and I was interested on how it was going for him. I wanted to see him graduate so badly. He would be the only person in our family with a degree that isn't business—other than me in the next two years. James majored in engineering and he and Matt talked about opening a shop. They promised me a long time ago that if they needed an architect they'll call me.

My dad hadn't changed. He gained a bigger beer belly and he lost a bit more hair, but nothing was different. My mom too. She still sang like a canary. After I left they've simply been trying to pre-occupy themselves. My dad in his job and my mother helping with community service around town. Both my parents have always been heavily involved with our town. Everyone knows them here, especially because my dad is typically the man that sells a house. He's the first face people meet.

"Well I called Ashley," Mom said after we all finished dinner. We were sitting around to let the food sink before stuffing ourselves with my mom's pie.

"Yeah?" I said looking up from my plate. "How's she doing?"

Ashley was my best friend. The kind of friend I took from middle school all the way to college. We were roommates our freshman year. The first couple weeks I was in Miami, we texted each other constantly. Then we verged away. She got a new roommate and I got both of mine. But that doesn't mean we aren't friends anymore.

"I asked if she would want to hang out with you tomorrow." My mom smiled like it was the best idea in the world.

My groan of agony seemed to make my brothers laugh. I would love to be with my old friends...but not really. I wouldn't mind Ashley at all, I was just starting to wonder if it would be me and her or the whole group. I was also annoyed that my mother was basically planning my week out. I could have easily asked Ashley, my mother didn't have to go and interject.

This is probably another reason I left. I didn't need to be controlled anymore and even just coming up for the holidays seemed to put that leash back around my neck. Sure, it's nice to have parents that support you and are always there for you, but there's a difference between support and control.

"Maybe during Christmas, you can invite your roommate and you can all be friends," Mom added.

"Yeah, I've been wanting to meet your roommate," Matt added. "Is she hot?"

"So beautiful," I answered at the verge of laughing.

"That's like the only thing you haven't sent us a picture of," Will added raising an eyebrow. I could tell he was starting to catch unto me. "Park, do you even have a roommate?"

My mom gasped loudly like someone had just hit her with a truck. "Pumpkin," My dad said catching my attention. "If you don't have a roommate now there's no way you could possibly be affording to be living there."

"Unless she's starving herself," James added as he arched around to look at me. "You lost weight, is your rib cage showing?"

"No," I rolled my eyes. "I'm not on a meal plan like last year. But I'm not starving either."

"What's your roommates name?" Will asked. He had inched forward on the table. His hands locked together with is elbows on the table. It looked like he was interrogating me.

This was the issue about my family. Over the phone, it was so easy avoiding the question and ignoring their request of me to send pictures. When I'm placed in front of them, I have no option but to answer everything they ask.

My hands started to feel clammy and I took a gulp before looking down at my empty plate. I have to think this through. I have to come up with some clever lie that'll allow my family to not have a heart attack.

"My roommate's name is Pierce," I said as the wheel in my brain started to turn. I could already see the horrific faces my family was giving me. Especially my dad, who's face drained in color. My brother's took a second to process it before they suddenly looked mad. And my mother had her hand on her chest like she was going to pass out.

Wow...what a big deal over something so small, I thought. Maybe a few months ago I would have reacted the same way. But seeing how awestruck they looked and felt made me want to laugh.

"It's a guy?" Will said his hands becoming fists. "What the hell Park?"

Everyone was about to open their mouths and start yelling. I could feel it in the atmosphere. So I added as quickly as possible, "He's gay."

I cringed instantly. Oh my God...Poor Pierce. I wanted to slap myself across the face. If that's the only thing I could come up with then something's wrong with me. The moment I landed back in Miami I was going to tell Pierce this story.

"Oh," my mom sighed in relief. "In that case invite him over for Christmas unless he wants to go spend time with his family."

"How gay are we talking about?" James asked his eyebrows furrowed.

"Regular gay...?" I answered unsure of the question that was being posed.

They seemed satisfied with my answer and my mother brought out the pie. If there's something I really missed, it was my mother's cooking. I think Pierce and her would get along well if they do end up meeting. I still couldn't wait to hear what Pierce has to say about me telling everyone that he's gay.

I could imagine him start to laugh or another part of him to have a deadpanned face and start asking what I could have possibly be thinking. The only reason I'm one-hundred percent sure Pierce isn't gay was because he talked to me about his old girlfriend. The way Pierce talked about when he was dating made him give his dimple smiles and his eyes would paint over with an unknown sadness.

Later in the night, I got to sleep in my old bed. Ever since I was young I was given the attic room. At first I hated it, and as I became a teenager I loved it. It was completely secluded from the rest of my house. My parents ended up having to make a small staircase so it would be easier for me to get to my room.

Outside it started to snow. And when I looked out of my window I realized it was a clear night. Where he stars were shining brightly in the sky. I couldn't help but feel myself drift off into my thoughts. Wondering what Pierce and Aaron were doing right now.

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

I actually split this chapter into two parts so that I could update it more frequently. It was really long and where I managed to split it was luckily halfway through. So tomorrow you'll get to see the rest of the chapter. 

So I know y'all are probably wondering what it is Aaron and Pierce do/are, which is basically the premise of this story. But in case you haven't noticed, you still don't know a whole lot about Parker which is why I'm adding these next few chapters of her and her past.

Also, a few disclaimers: Some of you have been commenting about how 'it's cool that she isn't oblivious to the fact Aaron likes her' or 'I'm glad she actually admits to her feelings' or even, 'Bless she's not a cliche virgin.' The purpose of me writing this story is to branch away from certain trends and cliches that seem to arise in a lot of books. Yeah, there will be certain things that will be cliche because at some point so many people have written about it or seen it in movies that it's unavoidable, BUT character wise I'm trying to keep them as realistic to the real world as possible. If you don't like that, then maybe this isn't the book for you but I hope you keep reading because I promise this only gets better.

Mmk, that's all I have to say except please keep voting y'all. For reals, this book has made it to #148 in about two weeks. That's so amazing that I just can't process it. Thank you so much you're all amazing! 

Vote

Comment

Share

Thanks

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

2.4K 416 36
when emma goes to her uncle's place to live with him until her high school gets over she thought she could live a life without any fear and nobody t...
116K 2.7K 39
Iris Donnelly, at the golden age of seventeen, hasn't opened her heart up to anybody. Her philosophy is to get through her last year of high school w...
1.3K 253 40
WARNING: TERRIBLE TERRIBLE, AND I REPEAT TERRIBLE WRITING AHEAD! It was my FIRST teen romance novel so the story is bad and I mean it... I might ed...
3.8K 90 70
Jade Wilson and her friends go to a normal high school and living a normal life; well except for being a part time nerd for 2-3 months of senior year...