The Captain's Girl (Captain A...

Від ciaras97

This is the fourth installment of the "Captain" series. This is loosely based around the events of Civil War... Більше

Chapter One: Our Life
Chapter Two: Work To Do
Chapter Three: Lagos
Chapter Four: Game Changer
Chapter Five: Character
Chapter Six: The Accords
Chapter Seven: We All Can't Live Forever
Chapter Eight: Explosives
Chapter Nine: Shoot On Sight
Chapter Ten: I Won't
Chapter Eleven: That Kills People
Chapter Twelve: The Hell Is The Guy?
Chapter Thirteen: Awkward Car Rides
Chapter Fifteen: This Was Not Part of the Plan
Chapter Sixteen: Comply
Chapter Seventeen: To Hell
Chapter Eighteen: So, It Begins
Chapter Nineteen: Like You
Chapter Twenty: Road Trip
Chapter Twenty-One: New Friends
Chapter Twenty-Two: Fights
Chapter Twenty-Three: The End of an Era
Chapter Twenty-Four: It All Goes To Hell
Chapter Twenty-Five: A House Divided
BIG AUTHOR'S NOTE
ONE MORE NOTE
Chapter Twenty-Six: Escape Route
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Stopped
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Us Against The World
Authors Note *PLEASE READ*
Chapter Twenty-Nine: It Begins
Chapter Thirty: Well, Well, Well
Chapter Thirty-One: Sob Story
Chapter Thirty-Two: Too Late
Chapter Thirty-Three: Redemption? No.
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Bond Is Broken
Chapter Thirty-Five: Can We Turn Back Time?
Chapter Thirty-Six: End of An Era
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Where Does This Leave Us?
Chapter Thirty-Eight: New Beginnings
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Time's Up
Chapter Forty: Secret
Chapter Forty-One: Finally
Chapter Forty-Two: Arrival
Chapter Forty-Three: Goodbye
Chapter Forty-Four: Outside The Law
Chapter Forty-Five: Dancing In The Rain

Chapter Fourteen: Lines Drawn

4.5K 124 19
Від ciaras97

Steve and I walked into the room, his hand guiding me through. Tony walked in behind us. I looked over at the computer screen and saw the room they were keeping Bucky in. Steve looked over, seeing the same thing. I knew I could be in that same position, being blamed for something I know I didn't have anything to do with.

"We'll fix this," I told him in a brain message, grabbing his hand and giving it a squeeze. I was doing my best to comfort him. He gave me a grateful smile, giving my hand a squeeze back. 

"Do you guys want to see something cool?" Tony asked, showing us a small box. "I pulled something from dad's archives."

I could feel my throat tighten at the mention of Tony's father, knowing full well what has happened. How Tony has no idea what I've done. If he ever hated me before it will be nothing like what he will feel when he knows the truth of what I've done. 

"Well, timely," Tony continued, placing the box on the table, displaying two pens. "FDR signed the Land-Lease bills with these in 1941. Provided support to the allies when they needed most." 

Steve and I both sat down at the table, letting the words sink in, knowing full well what Tony was getting at here. 

"Some say it brought our country closer to war," Steve challenged, looking up at Tony. 

"See? If not for these you wouldn't be here," Tony replied, glancing over at me. I was sitting back in the chair, arms crossed. Stuck in my own mind for a second, the guilt eating me alive. I looked down to see my hand glowing dark blue, I took a deep breathe. The color went away as I calmed down.

"I'm trying to, what do you call it? That's an olive branch," Tony said to the both of us, gesturing towards the pens. 

"Is Pepper here? What does she think of all this?" I asked, an eyebrow raised. I knew this is where he was going all along. I wanted to change the subject a little.

"We're kinda..well not kinda-" 

"Pregnant?" Steve asked him, interrupting. 

"No, definitely not. We're taking a break. It's nobody's fault," Tony finished. Steve and I exchanged a look, neither of us knowing this. I instinctively twisted my own ring around my finger, feeling the diamond against my hand. Seeing the commitment Steve and I made everyday, it grounded me, made me feel I always had someone on my side. I would feel devastated if I ever lost that.

"I'm so sorry Tony, I- we didn't know," I said quickly, now feeling bad I ever brought it up. 

"A few years ago, I almost lost her. So I trashed all my suits," Tony started telling us. "Then we had to mop up Hydra and then Utlron. My fault. And then, and then, and then. I never stopped. Because the truth is I don't want to stop. I don't want to lose her. I thought maybe the Accords could split the difference."

Tony looked between Steve and I, who were both not sure what to say to all of this. I looked over at Steve, not sure what to do. He didn't look to sure either, not yet anyways. 

"In her defense, I'm a handful. Maybe not as much as your wife over there," Tony started, chuckling a little. But, there was a dark humor in it. "Yet, dad was a pain in the ass, but he and mom always made it work. And look at you two, seeming to be on solid ground." 

I felt Steve's hand find my own, squeezing it. I could barely sit through hearing about his parents, my entire body going rigid. I wanted to get out of there as quick as possible, but I needed to see where this was all going.

"I'm glad Howard got married," Steve said. "I only knew him when he was young and single." 

"Oh really? You two knew each other? He never mentioned that. Maybe only a thousand times," Tony replied sarcastically, I knew the balance between him and Steve was only so touchy. I knew it had a lot to do with the expectations Howard put on Tony, always mentioning Steve. "God, I hated you."

"I don't mean to make things difficult," Steve told him, almost looking hurt. I put a hand on his leg, trying to provide a small amount of comfort for him. 

"I know because you're a very polite person, Smithy here can learn a few things," Tony replied, smiling a little now.

"I'm not the only one who can learn something about politeness," I replied, but giving him my own small smile. The last thing I needed to do was make matter worse between Tony and I. I already felt so much guilt.

"If I see a situation pointed South, I can't ignore it," Steve told him, standing up for what he believed. "Sometimes I wish I could."

"No you don't," Tony told him, angrier now. I sat up straighter in my chair, more alert.

"No I don't," Steve told him, a small smile on his face.

"And you don't need to," I told Steve, looking over at Tony.

"Sometimes I want to punch you two in your perfect teeth," Tony told him, hands in his pant pockets. "But I don't want to see you gone, either of you. Smith may be the biggest pain in the ass I've ever met, but she's a pretty good teammate. And Cap, we need you."

"So far nothing has been done that can't be undone, if the two of you would just sign," he said, pointing towards the pens. I looked over at them, contemplating what to do. Should we? "We could make the last twenty four hours legit. Barnes gets transferred to an American-psych center, we'll clear Smith's name, get all the records straight."

Should we sign and just give in? The easier route? Steve picked up one of the pens, I still wasn't sure what the right thing was here. My name would be cleared, and all of this could be avoided. But was the easiest route the right way? Something I tried so hard to do everyday. 

I reached for the other pen, holding it in my hand. It felt heavy, as if the weight of everything was right here. We both stood up, I started pacing the room, thinking heavily. 

"I'm not saying it's impossible," Steve told him, giving some room for Tony to compromise. I looked quickly over at him, not sure I was ready to agree. I twisted the pen over and over again in my hand. 

"There would have to be safeguards," I started, pacing the room now. Trying to get some clarity on the subject, trying  to make peace with my mind. I wanted to agree, I wanted the team to get alone. But, this just didn't feel right. "We would have to clear what the media said about me."

"Sure," Tony agreed quickly. "Once we put out the PR fire, those documents can be amended. I'd file a motion to have both of you and Wanda reinstated." 

"Wanda? What about Wanda?" Steve asked, his frustration evident on his face.

"She's fine. She confined to the compound, currently," Tony informed us. "Vision's keeping her company."

"Oh my god, Tony," I replied angrily, placing the pen back in it's case. 

"Every time I think you see things the right way.." Steve started, Tony started talking over him.

"It's a 100 acre lot, it has a lap pool. It's got a screening room. There's worse ways to protect someone," Tony told us, obviously seeing no faults in what he has done.

"Protection?" I scoffed at him. "Is that how you see it? More like imprisonment, and trust me I know prison when I see one."

"Morgan's right, this isn't protection. It's internment Tony," Steve told him, getting angrier every second. 

"She's not a US citizen."

"Oh come on Tony," I said rolling my eyes, my arms crossed. 

"And they don't grant visas to weapons of mass destruction!" Tony argued back.

"She's a kid!" I shouted back at him, the sapphire blue glowing in my hands. Tony instinctively took a small step back, but he didn't back down either. 

"Give me a break!" Tony shouted at me, his whole face going red. The anger clear in his eyes. "I'm doing what has to be done. To stave off something worse."

"You keep telling yourself that," Steve replied, now by my side, placing his own pen back in its spot. "Hate to break up the set."

Steve and I turned around, signaling we were done with this conversation, Tony left the room.

"Steve, what are we going to do?" I asked, sitting once more in one of the chairs.

Steve kneeled down in front of me. "We're going to stand up for what is right."

I grabbed his face between my hands, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"We'll stand together."

~A/N hey everyone thanks for reading this far! I love seeing everyones comments on the last chapter. It warms my heart to see the feedback on characters that I try to do justice, and even with Morgan. 

QOTC: Who do you think is right in this conversation? Also, what do you think of the internal battle Morgan is having over Tony's parents? 

I appreciate every thing you all say! I read every single comment and try to reply whenever I have the chance , but sometimes life happens.. 

But anyways if you liked this please leave a vote or comment on the story! Every single one is sooooo appreciated!~

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

79.5K 3K 36
Bucky Barnes served in World War Two. Sadly, he fell to his death. He was recovered and revived by HYDRA. On the run, scared, and ready to break at...
457K 11.4K 20
The world is in danger and the Avengers are being assembled for the first time. Morgan, a former SHIELD agent, is called back in to be apart of the b...
313K 8.5K 37
Morgan and Steve are now starting their life together. After everything in New York they are closer than ever. But now with Hydra being involved will...
229K 6.9K 30
Part One of the "No Tricks" Trilogy. Sergeant James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes AKA The Winter Soldier doesn't remember much of his past. You are a forme...