Little Mafia Boy (BoyxBoy) #1

By Emotional-Traveler

Mikhail is the son of a flower shop owner. He's hard working and sometimes a little too serious for his own g... More

Chapter One: The First Meeting
Chapter Two: Coming to Collect
Chapter Three: Mixing two lives.
Chapter Four: Lingering Warmth
Chapter Five: Exhaustion or Determination
Chapter Six: Taking Breaks Can Be Good
Chapter Seven: The 'King' Arrives
Chapter Eight: Daring Stranger
Chapter Nine: Past Vs Present
Chapter Ten: Precious Memories
Chapter Eleven: Don't Fall in Love
Chapter Twelve: Zechna
Chapter Thirteen: I'm not brOKen
Chapter Fourteen: Innocently Plotting
Chapter Fifteen: Walking Forward.
Chapter Sixteen: Blood Does Not Equal Family.
Chapter Seventeen: Christmas Eve Surprise
Chapter Eighteen: Baby Steps
Chapter Nineteen: The Truth
Chapter Twenty: Define The Relationship
Chapter Twenty-One: Sneaking Around
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Kiss
Chapter Twenty-Three: Open Your Heart
Chapter Twenty-Four: Betrayal
Chapter Twenty-Five: Back At The Starting Line
Chapter Twenty-Six: Trapped
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Pit of Guilt
Chapter Twenty-Eight: One Surprise After Another
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Last Goodbye
Chapter Thirty: Game On
Chapter Thirty-One: The Calm Before The Storm
-Єριℓσgυє- σиє мσитн ℓαтєя
Q&A!!

Chapter Thirty-Two: Ending Confrontation

12.8K 353 211
By Emotional-Traveler

{Nico}

My leg was shaking nervously as we got closer towards the ocean by car. I had made Sera drive since I didn't trust myself not to ram straight into the boat like an idiot. Dylan, Erin, Jeffrey, and Wayne stayed back at the detectives office taking care of Lion's son. Sera had told us afterwards that Eli was at the docks. Frederik and Junky were both headed towards the lighthouse nearby so that they could get a good look of us and Junky also took a gun with him just in case I needed backup. He promised he could still get a clean shot without killing Eli even if the winds were picking up. I wasn't sure if I trusted him to shoot a bullet in my general direction but Lion assured me it was fine. Lion and Tea would get there a bit later since they had to go talk to the F.B.I. captain in person and explain the plan. They would arrive with the F.B.I. backup and then they would ensure Eli arrived at prison without any problems. My job was to go in and make sure Max and Mikhail were safe and to try to distract Elisha long enough for Tea and Lion to get there.

Sera didn't know where they were as we talked about our plan without her in the room but she wasn't stupid. She knew that they were still around us keeping an eye out. We were both alone, technically, in the car together. I say technically because all the detectives could hear me because they had lent me an earpiece and vice versa. It was quiet on their end so I figured they were staying silent unless absolutely necessary or they turned off their speaker so their voices wouldn't mess up my train of thought. With that in mind I still was careful about what I said as I was being listened to.

"You know that Eli is only using you, right?" I spoke up and looked at Sera's side profile as she was driving.

"You don't know anything, Nico." Sera said with a blank facial expression.

I scoffed and looked out the window instead. There was no use trying to make Sera see Eli for who he really was now. He had completely won her over. "You're right. I obviously didn't know that you were working for Eli. I didn't know you were feeding him information about everyone. I sure as hell didn't know you were going to kidnap Dan, Max, and Mikhail. Well, perhaps it better to say I didn't want to believe it. I always had that gut feeling telling me something wasn't right about you but I didn't listen to it. You want to know why, Sera? That's because you're family. I thought you would have stayed by my side-"

"Oh? Like you stayed by mine?" Sera interrupted with an angry tone. I glared over at her and noticed that her grip tightened on the steering wheel. "You and I promised to marry, Nico. I thought you would have chosen me over someone like Mikhail."

"When we were kids, Sera. I agreed along to it as we grew older because it was something both you and my father..." I hesitated for a bit feeling my chest get tighter as I remembered my father's death. "wanted." I finished hoping my pause wasn't long enough for Sera to notice. I wasn't even sure if she was aware that my father had died. Knowing Eli, he would have kept her in the dark. "You two decided for me and me being the obedient child I was, I wanted to make my father proud and do as he wished. It was never something I wanted for myself. Marrying you when I only ever saw you like my sister-"

"That's why I chose Elisha in the end. He loved me from the beginning but I was blinded by you." She interrupted me with a raised voice.

"By me?!" I asked in disbelief ready to have a screaming match if necessary, "Your mind has been poisoned by his lies, Sera. How can you not see that? Having a marriage with me when neither you or I loved each other romantically was never going to fill the hole in your heart. Bearing my children wouldn't ever satisfy you. You know that better than I do. You don't need someone like Eli either who beats you into submission and orders you around to be happy with your life."

"You don't know that."

"I do." I insisted, "What you need is someone like Dan to keep you on the ground when you feel like your head is floating. Of course, Eli saw that and made you fuck everything up with her. The sad part, maybe good for you, is that Dan might still forgive you after this is all done and over with."

"She shouldn't." Sera said with a soft voice.

"Damn right." I agreed, "She shouldn't, but she most likely will because that girl has a heart of gold and is head over heels for you. Your vision is just too clouded for you to see that."

Sera loosened her tight grip on the steering wheel. She smiled softly and said, "Apologize to her for me then, will you? I've done her wrong and I don't think I'll have the chance to face her again." Her voice only softened when she spoke about Dan. That was enough for me to confirm that Sera had at least some feelings for Dan after all.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I asked Sera, "I ain't delivering your message. Do it yourself the next time you see her. Make things right by yourself. I'm not always going to be here next to you holding your hand and walking you through things. Own up to your mistakes and take responsibility."

Sera stayed quiet and kept her eyes on the road. "You're right... Sorry." She looked troubled with something the closer we got. I thought that perhaps she was having second thoughts about following Eli but as she stopped the car by the docks, she looked even more ready than ever.

I shook my head in disappointment and got out of the car. I slammed the door as hard as I could to show my discontent with Sera and also to alert anyone nearby that I was there. I wasn't about to hide from Eli anymore. I was ready to go in firing the gun Junky let me borrow, which he only let me use it after I promised him I wouldn't even leave a single scratch on it. The winds that were picking up pushed my hair into my face but the light rain worked to keep it semi-down, "Frederik, you posted?" I asked.

"We're on our way up." Frederik replied.

Junky spoke up huffing heavily, "I need to work out more at the gym. Despite having stairs at the office, they're nowhere as steep as these."

"What you need to do is not breath so heavily." Tea responded back, "Seriously, Junky, it's disgusting."

"Is your head in the gutter, Tea? Walking up stairs is extremely tiring for my delicate body. You imagining Frederik and I doing something else that would cause extreme huffing and panting?"

"Gross! I wasn't before but I am now. Thanks a lot, asshole."

"Anytime, babe." Junky said and I could picture him winking at Tea playfully.

"You're both idiots." Frederik said sounding annoyed. "Can we all focus?"

"Good idea, Winter." Lion spoke sounding relieved to be able to have a shift in conversation. His tone shifted into one of business as he said, "Try not to kill anyone, Nico. Captain just gave us strict orders. I can get my team out of trouble if push comes to shove but you're with the Mafia so I can't do much for you if you kill anyone, Mr. Delacroix." He said said my name in mock politeness. "It'd be bad for you considering the F.B.I. are basically breathing down our necks over here."

"Sounds hot." Junky added pointlessly.

"Not as hot as you might think." Tea said.

"It sounds like my ideal situation. Guys in suits breathing all over me. Hey, Tea. Let's switch. You can hang with the boring Winter and I'll go play around with the suits. Have you seen the muscles on those guys?" Junky whistled slightly. "As much as their 'protocol' is annoying, I wouldn't mind being around them all day if just for their bodies."

"As tempting... As that sounds, Junky. No thanks. I'll stay here and appreciate  the muscles on these men. No offense, Winter." Tea added quickly.

"No offense taken because it's coming from you." Frederik told Tea quickly before Junky spoke again.

"Says the one not interested in the male anatomy." Junky said.

"That's why I said appreciate."

Frederik then decided to add his input which made me chuckle a bit, "Wow. That's a big word for you Junky. You surprise me everyday." He said sarcastically.

"Hey! Is that because I'm Mexican? Some kind of stereotype that Mexican people are all stupid and don't have an education? I was born in America, you know? I'm a natural born citizen. I finished high school and was even the first of my family to go to college." Junky didn't sound offended at all when he said that. In fact, he sounded proud of himself. Besides, they were probably just joking with one another. They had a history together long before I knew them. They were a tight knit group of friends who worked together. I was almost positive that it was okay for them to say these things to each other but all hell would break loose if an outsider tried the same thing.

"It has nothing to do with your ethnicity and everything to do with the fact that you're a natural born idiot." Tea shot back.

"Low blow, Tea. Low blow." Junky said dramatically. "I thought we were in this together? You and I, a team against the world."

"Since when?" Tea asked.

"Well, since now?" Junky asked unsure of himself.

"Why would anyone want to be 'in this together' with you?" Frederik asked with a snicker. It's sounded like junky had either tripped or pushed Frederik because Frederik yelled, "What the hell?! I could have fallen back! See what I mean by a natural born idiot?"

"You deserved it." Junky mumbled back.

Tea was laughing really hard as she said, "Winter, don't get too mad at him. His learning curve is a circle. It's impossible to teach Junky new tricks."

"Hey-"

"Enough." Lion said, "Let's focus on what's important at the moment, okay? You three can argue later." Everyone agreed and I assumed they all got back to their tasks at hand because it got quiet again. "You there, Nico?" Lion asked.

"Yup." I said swiftly. I rolled my eyes at their pointless banter in between everything that was going on and was a bit amazed that they could shift so often. One minute it was all playful and they bickered at each other like a group of old married couples and then at a drop of a dime the mood was serious and all work again.

"Good, so a recap of before we got interrupted. Don't go crazy in there. Stall for time. Don't kill anyone. These suit guys would love for the chance to take both Delacroix brothers to jail on the same night."

"Yeah. I got it." I told Lion.

"Nico... Normally I wouldn't care what happens to you but with what just happened to your father..."

I flinched at just the mention of my father. "You know?"

"Know what?" Junky asked being nosey. "What happened?"

"Yeah. Captain told Tea and me." Lion said ignoring Junky. I thought that that must be a regular occurrence as I thought back to how many times his team, myself included, ignored Junky.l because of the pointless things he's saying. "Apparently there's a big fuss going on in the underground world right now. They all think they can have the Delacroix estate if-"

"Stop. That's my business and my life. Quit butting into it." I said looking over at Sera who was patiently waiting for me as she leaned against the hood of the car, her eyes staring intently on the boat Eli must have been on, seeing as it was the only one there. "That shouldn't even be on your mind right now. Catching Eli should be your top and only goal."

"It is." Lion said, "but if you get too emotional because of your dad it could jeopardize everything." Lion tried to lecture me. "I know what it's like to lose someone precious to you."

"I did not come this far just to suddenly lose my cool in front of Eli." I spoke harshly. Seriously, who did Lion take me for? I knew the risks of today. I had to admit, yes, I was sad and angry about my father and wanted nothing more than to say my farewell to him one last time and catch Naomi but I wasn't about to start bawling my eyes out and look weak. Father wouldn't appreciate it and I would be extremely embarrassed.

"Are you sure-"

"Yes."

There was silence on all ends for what felt like an eternity as the mood tensed. "Sorry to interrupt." Tea said cutting in, "Nico, you should get moving. There's a storm coming and I don't know how long we can keep the connection between all of us at this rate. The storm might interfere."

"Alright." I said walking towards the dock and signaled for Sera to follow.

"We're almost to the top. We'll set everything up as soon as we arrive." Frederik said.

"Everyone stay safe and on your toes and don't talk using the line unless it's absolutely necessary." Lion ordered.

Everyone agreed simultaneously and then I took a deep breath. I stepped onto the dock and called out for Eli loudly. I was expecting a whole bunch of people to surround Sera and I but the whole boat looked empty, as well as the place surrounding the docks. The problem was where Eli would be on the boat. He would have the upper hand as he knew the boat better than I. Really, looking at it from the outside it could really only have two levels but I was still a bit hesitant all of a sudden to get onto the boat.

"Nico..." Sera spoke up beside me, "You really don't have to meet Elisha. You can still turn back-"

"Stop saying nonsense." I interrupted, "Stay close to me. I'm not handing you over to Eli simply because he has the upper hand. I'll find a way for all of us to get back home by tonight."

"I thought I explained this to you already? If you really want to make me choose then I'll pick Elisha. You had your chance."

I rolled my eyes and finally took that step onto the ship. The whole thing was rocking from the waves which made me stumble a couple of times before finding my balance. I really hoped that I wouldn't get motion sickness. "I had my chance to what? Leave you pregnant and bring a child into this fucked up world we live in?"

"You understand yet you couldn't even do that much for me. I wouldn't let that child be unhappy. I'd do my best to bring it up in a loving family-" Sera said standing at the dock still.

"A loving family? Ours?" I scoffed and turned to look at her, "It would be one hell of a dysfunctional family, that for sure." I corrected her, "It'd be like reliving my father's mistakes. I wouldn't ever be happy with my life together with you and some child we were forced to have because of my father's expectations. I already know that Mikhail is the only one for me now. I'd be off every other day spending my time with him. Sure, I'd provide for our kid and treasure him or her but I wouldn't ever be able to look at you the same again."

"I was fine with that outcome." Sera said as she struggled to climb into the boat.

I turned back and helped Sera get onto the boat safely despite her trying to swat my hands away. Thanks to her attempts to push me away, she almost fell into the water. "Can you chill?" I asked once she was on the boat. "Maybe you were okay with that but I wasn't. Doesn't that count for anything?"

Sera didn't say anything. She was looking forward like she couldn't wait to meet Eli. I could tell I wasn't going to get anything further from her so I took out the gun that I had strapped against my thigh and walked in front of Sera. I took off the safety lock and pointed the gun straight ahead in case anyone popped out. We were coming up towards the front of the boat when I heard a familiar voice cry out in pain. Forgetting that Sera was behind me I ran forward and turned the corner sharply, slipping on the wet floor slightly. I caught myself and placed a hand against the side of the boat beside me.

The first thing my eyes met were Eli's cold, blue, expectant eyes staring at me. The same grin he always had on his face whenever he saw me was plastered on. The rain was slowly starting to pick up so his dark hair clung to his face and neck despite the wind. Eli looked like he hadn't slept in days. Dark, heavy bags under his eyes and he seemed paler than usual. I couldn't form words as he didn't look like the Eli from just a couple days ago.

I looked down to see a body cradled on the floor with his back towards me. When I realized it was Max anger welled up inside me. A puddle of blood surrounded him as his whole body was shaking from the cold. I was tempted to run over to him and cradle Max in my arms but Elisha standing over top of him with a gun made me rethink my choice. I couldn't see Max very well as the only lights we had were the ones connected to the docks and the moon. Thankfully, there was a full moon out so it was pretty bright out, though the clouds would sometimes get in the way. Max was holding his shoulder and seemed to be breathing heavily. He lost a considerable amount of blood and was losing more by the second. I had to hurry up and get Max to a hospital.

Mikhail looked back at me with clear relief in his eyes to see me. I smiled softly at him and he smiled back. I looked at his appearance and he seemed like he was about to pass out. Either from mental exhaustion or something pain. Mikhail had only turned his face around to look at me so I could see dried blood washing off his neck from the rain. I looked down to see him using a golden cane to stand. Blood from his hand dripping down the cane. I took long careful strides forward and put a protective arm in front of Mikhail and pointed my gun straight at Elisha. I turned my head back to look at Mikhail and said, "I'm sorry I took so long. I'm here now."

"That's all that matters." Mikhail said gripping into the back of my shirt with his free hand. "My dad? Is he.."

Eli must have told him about the fire at his mom's shop. "He's okay. Don't worry. I don't think he was inside when it happened and if he was he managed to get out in time. He's safe. Dylan is too." Mikhail looked relieved to hear the news. "The shop on the other hand.." I shook my head slightly.

Mikhail nodded his head, "I figured as much. As long as everyone is safe."

"Brother!" Eli called out demanding my attention with amusement in his voice, "I'm so glad you could finally make it. Unfortunately, I had to restrain these naughty boys from leaving prematurely. I'm sure you understand."

"Like Hell I do." I said looking back at Eli with a strong glare. I pushed my wet hair back and then put both hands on the gun as I tried to steady my aim. The nerves and adrenaline of facing Eli were making my arms shake.

"Don't shoot me just yet. Let me explain so even your small brain can comprehend then." Eli said without dropping the grin off his face, "If they left and made their way to you then you would not have arrived. Then I would have had to come up with some other way to get you to meet me."

"Was knocking at my bedroom door and asking to talk like a normal person not an option?" I asked, annoyed that his mind immediately went to the extremes.

Eli laughed and it sent shiver down my spine, "It was the less exciting way of doing things. I made things more fun this way."

"For who, you fucking psychopath?" I asked growing angrier the more Eli spoke.

Sensing my anger through my voice Frederik spoke through the ear piece, "Don't shoot him. Calm down. Getting him alive and sentencing him to jail will feel better, Nico. Lion will still take a couple minutes to get here. Stall for time wisely. Elisha is looking for a reaction out of you. Don't give him one."

"Better yet," Junky was the next one to speak "Give him a big reaction. Keep him entertained long enough. I've got you covered if Elisha tries anything. We are behind you so I've got a clear sight on Elisha. I can probably shoot him on the shoulder blade or the leg if you're deep in shit."

I clenched my jaw tightly. I wanted Junky to shoot Eli and get it over with. I wanted Frederik to tell Lion to hurry his ass up and storm onto the boat and take Eli away from my sight. I wanted to contact Tea to call an ambulance so that I could save Max's life and get Mikhail treated. However, I understood why that wasn't possible at the moment. Frederik was right, sending Eli to life in prison was going to feel a lot better than giving him death. I mean, I could always keep him instead of handing him over to the F.B.I. to torture him but I didn't want to deal with Eli anymore. Letting him be someone else's responsibility felt like the best option for me to be able to move on.

"Tea." Frederik spoke up, "They're injured. Call and have an ambulance on stand by." In my head I thanked Frederik. I didn't want to let Elisha know that I was in contact with them.

"On it." Tea replied.

"Elisha." Sera said behind me which brought me back to reality. She was about ready to run to his side. She only made it by my side when I grabbed onto her arm with my left hand while keeping the gun pointed at Eli. "Not so fast, Sera. Eli, hand over Max first."

"Nico. Let go." Sera said trying to free herself from my grip but I held on tightly. Eli might not be able to directly kill Max but I knew that if Eli ordered Sera to then she would. All the years we spent together meant nothing to Sera now.

By the look on Eli's face, he had only just realized Sera was there with us. He quickly recover and asked "What is this? Are you trying to trade Pokémon cards with me or something?" Eli didn't even see Max or Sera like people. They were just cards to use as he pleased and or chess pieces on a board for him to use at his expense.

"I just want Max safely by my side before I hand Sera over to you." I told Eli.

Eli seemed to be considering if the deal I was offering was worth it or not. He scratched his head with the gun in his hand. As he stood before us contemplating whether or not to hand over Max for Sera I wondered if there was anything I could have done differently to prevent this very situation. On the surface, I knew this wasn't my fault. I had never asked to be born into this family. I had never asked to be given the title of the Delacroix boss but that's just the way things turned out. However, deep inside I couldn't help but feel like Eli going crazy was my fault. It was my decision to stay with my father after my mother passed away. I could have always ran away and figured out things for myself but I didn't. I stayed despite knowing that Eli grew to hate my very existence.

I was just a kid. I probably wouldn't have survived long living on the streets by myself. Honestly speaking, I probably would have gone through the same life choices Max had gone through but for entirely different reasons. Instead of having to pay off a debt I would have needed the money for food and shelter. I grimaced at the thought of it. I knew Max wasn't fond of selling himself and must have some hidden trauma from it and I couldn't imagine myself in his shoes.

I tried calling out to Max to make sure he was still conscious seeing as Eli was taking his time to make a decision. "Hey, Max." I called out warmly but loud enough for him to hear, "Give me some sort of sign if you're still here with us, buddy."

I watched intently as Max lifted his hand from his shoulder and flipped me off. It looked like he didn't have enough strength to flip over and face me but enough to be his usual self. I chuckled softly, "Good job, Max. I'm proud of you. You did good." I said in all honesty. "All you can eat buffet as soon as we get home." Max gave me a thumbs up and placed his hand back on his shoulder. I figured he didn't want to speak back to me because he didn't want to appear weak in front of me since he had acted so tough before.

"I think it's disgusting." Eli finally spoke up, "Treating this rat like family. Though, I suppose I can't blame you for that either. Those of the same kind often scurry together like cockroaches, don't they?"

"Cut the crap, Eli. Hand Max over and let them off the boat. The one you want is me after all." I said and felt Mikhail yank my shirt back in protest. "I won't run away. I came here specifically to end this."

"That's true, but I know your new detective hounds are watching me. I'm on a time limit, aren't I?"

"It's just us-"

"I wasn't born yesterday, Nico. I know you brought them along with you. Though I'll keep my word that I gave you when I called. I won't do anything else to Max here if I don't see them." Eli said and shrugged his shoulders. "Take him." Eli said and kicked Max hard enough to roll him over once. Max's whimpers of pain shot anger through me but I had to calm down. I wasn't about to fall straight into Eli's hand like before.

"Mikhail? Will you drag Max off to the side?" I asked. He looked like he really didn't want to leave my side, which I understood. Going to get Max meant being closer to Eli. "It's okay. I'll keep my gun pointed at him. I'll protect you." I tried to reassure him. I could have always gone but I was still holding onto Sera's wrist and I wasn't sure Mikhail had the kind of energy to be holding onto her in case she tried to free herself.

Mikhail hesitated and then made up his mind when he looked straight ahead to look at Max on the floor. "Yeah. I'll go to him." Mikhail moved around me using the cane to walk. The rocking of the boat made his arrival to Max a lot slower than what it normally would have been.

I kept my eye on Eli. He put his up in mock surrender and stepped backwards. He was close to the railing which made me nervous. Especially with the storm coming and the waves were noticeably getting bigger than before. I couldn't believe what I saw as Eli tossed his gun into the water below. "Things should start picking up speed from here on out, brother."

I flicked my gaze towards Mikhail who was apologizing quietly as he worked on pulling Max away from Eli towards the sides. Mikhail leaned Max's back against the wall and sat down next to him whiling holding Max's waist so that Max wouldn't go sliding. I knew that telling Mikhail to get off the boat was asking for too much. Max could barely even stand so walking was out of the picture. Mikhail had an injured ankle and a wound on his hand which I assumed he had reopened from using the cane. Mikhail wouldn't be able to safely get Max and himself off the boat and I didn't want to take the risk of one or both of them falling off the boat.

Before I had a chance to speak, Sera said, "Elisha! I'm so sorry I got caught! They had a gun pulled on me and I wasn't sure if you wanted me to rebel-"

"Seraphina..." Max said with what sounded like annoyance in his voice. "Stop shouting. If I have to listen to your voice squeak then I'll order you to drown yourself." Sera kept quiet after that so Eli continued. "I threatened Gregory myself into calling Nico to tell him your location."

My eyebrows shot up at that piece of information. If Eli had threatened Max's uncle then maybe he wasn't so bad after all. I mean, The only thing I could see Eli using to threaten him would be Max's sister. I was a bit relieved that that was the case because it meant that Max's sister was in, somewhat, good hands. At least I wouldn't have to worry about Gregory mistreating her. Also, Gregory was definitely someone I didn't want Eli to team up with.

"What?" Sera asked with equally wide eyes. I felt kind of bad but Sera needed to realize the kind of guy Eli was so I didn't intervene.

"Did hanging around Nico too long kill all your brain cells?" Eli asked, clear annoyance on his face. Of course, he never lost the chance to talk bad about me, "If I let Nico figure out my location by himself then it would have taken weeks. So, I threw him a bone." I wanted to tell him how wrong he was. That, in fact, one of Lion's contacts had found out Sera's location seconds after Gregory told me. I would have been just fine without his help. I wanted to say all that and more but opted out of it. I didn't want to put anymore of Lion's family and friends in danger because knowing Eli's curiosity he would try to investigate further.

"So, you used me?" Sera asked carefully.

"Of course I did." Eli stated without sugar coating his words like I knew he just wouldn't do. Eli didn't care about Sera's feelings at the end of the day. It was all about his own personal gain. "Don't be upset with me, Seraphina. What did you expect?"

"You.. but your promise-"

"That and this are two separate affairs." Eli said, interrupting Sera. "As long as you do as I say then I'll grant your wish."

I mentally rolled my eyes at whatever nonsense Eli was saying. Grant her wish? What was he? A freaking Genie? His way of speaking really got on my nerves because it was straightforward and his tone was somewhat eloquent. The two didn't go together at all. While his way of speaking sounded nice, if you took in what he was actually telling you it was like a slap to the face. The smile he wore didn't help at all either.

Sera let her arm dropped but I didn't let go of her wrist. Sera had a cloudy look in her eyes. "I'm not mad, Elisha. I could never be angry at you." I watched her for a few seconds and dropped her wrist. I was hoping that Eli's words would have knocked some sense into her. Eli nodded, satisfied with what Sera said.

In my ear, Frederik said "Twenty minutes give or take until Lion and Tea arrive with The Captain."

"We're literally breaking all the driving laws here, kid. Hold out for a couple minutes." Lion tried reassuring me.

I really didn't want to talk with Eli anymore but I had to keep him here. "What are you planning?" I asked bringing his attention back to me.

"Many things. Many great things. I have a couple things to finish here though." He said gesturing at everyone with his open palm. "For example: breaking you. I want to wipe your entire existence off the face of the earth."

I couldn't help but scoff lightly, "You've really gone and lost it, haven't you? You want to accomplish that but have difficulty seeing a dead body."

"I'll break you until you're only a shell of a person. I won't kill you. Killing you would be the easy way out." Eli shrugged.

"but killing father wasn't?" I asked spitefully. I didn't even care that the detectives were on the other end listening or that Sera, Mikhail, and Max all heard me. The only person I could see at that time was Eli.

I could feel Everyone staring at me. Especially Sera who seemed to be burning holes through my skull. I tried to ignore her for now. Max wasn't in much shape to do anything so I didn't have to worry about him saying anything and doing something stupid. Mikhail on the other hand was looking at me with sorrow in his eyes. I couldn't look at him long because then I would have started crying so I looked away. Sera was looking back and forth between Eli and I but didn't speak.

"That wasn't on my order. Naomi called in the favor." Eli said with another shrug.

"Your mother?"

"Yes." Eli nodded with a grin growing on his lip. "She always had hate for Victor ever since he cheated on her with your skank of a mother. She pleaded me, begged me on her knees, to get rid of Victor. She couldn't stand the very sight of him. Of course, as you know, she couldn't just leave him either. Victor wouldn't allow her to. The shame of divorce was something your father absolutely would not permit. She felt caged, despite Victor giving her everything she ever waned and more. Before long Naomi realized that she wanted out. I was her solution."

"You killed the very man who gave you life!" I shouted.

"I killed the man who betrayed me and made me look like a fool in front of the entire family!" Eli shouted back at me.

The winds were really picking up and the rain as well. I pushed back more of my wet hair that had fallen on my face. I also wiped the water that was dropping into my eyes, though that didn't help much seeing as it was raining. "He didn't betray you! We've been over this!" I tried reasoning with Eli. "He was protecting you. As you were before you couldn't lead the family. The same can be said for who you are today, Eli. Look around you. The only person on your side is Sera and you treat her like dirt on the sidewalk. You don't like working with people. You like giving orders and being praised like a God. Not many people like a leader who doesn't think about their subordinates."

"I'm alone because I sent them off to do something else for me. Do not speak as if you know me, Nico." His tone got harsher as he glared at me. "I'm doing things the way I best see fit.

"Angry because I hit the center of the dartboard?"

Eli rolled his eyes, "You think I'm still the same as before? Killing isn't ideal to my beliefs but I will do it to reach my endgame. I'm angry because my stupid little brother doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut."

"You're the one that sent the flashy invitation to bring me here. You knew I wouldn't just sit back and stay quiet."

Eli nodded slightly, "That I did
But I was hoping that having Mikhail and Max would help keep you quiet. Or at the very least you'd think before you spoke."

I wasn't sure how much time until Lion arrived but I wanted to know the reason behind Eli going through all the effort just to bring me out. Though, what worried me was what Eli would do once he explained everything. So, I held back and asked instead after a deep breath while still keeping the gun pointed at him, "Where did we go wrong? Don't say you never cared for me because you did once upon a time."

Eli looked momentarily surprised but quickly wiped that look off his face. "When I realized your existence was a threat."

"Listen to yourself." I said with a shake of my head and huff of air, "You were jealous of a kid younger than you. I never asked for any of this."

"I wouldn't say jealous." Eli clarified, "While that may be true you also never went against it. You accepted the role Victor gave you and flaunted it in front of my face."

"When did I-"

"You brought that home." Eli pointed at Max, who looked like he was already at Death's front door. Eli started again, "You think Victor would have ever allowed me to do that when he locked me in my room for days after getting you sick once?"

"You're mad because I brought Max home?" I said, not understanding what Eli was trying to say.

"No, you dimwit. My anger didn't surface from you bringing home a dog. My anger came from Victor choosing you, a bastard child, over me. Your birth was a mistake. Look around you. All this is happening in the first place because of you. Think about it, Nico. If you hadn't been born then Max would not be suffering right now. Sera and I would have a normal relationship without you butting into. Mikhail would not have been this involved with the mafia. Sure, his father owed money but that's as far as his relationship with the Mafia would go. Victor would not have cheated and would have lived together happily with Naomi. really, you only have yourself to blame. Just think about how much happier everyone would be without you!"

As I listened to Eli, I realized that my hands were shaking. He was voicing out the thoughts that circled in the back of my mind. I began second guessing myself. Every choice I made. My hands fell to my side as I frowned deeply, lost in my own thoughts that seemed to be eating me.

"That's not true!" My head shot up as Mikhail spoke loudly over the rain. He kept his eyes on me as he spoke to Eli, "You're wrong. Sera would never be happy. I know a little bit from what Max told me and it seems like she wouldn't ever truly be happy. Max would have either died on the streets or would have gotten a disease from sleeping with anyone and everyone who'd provide food and shelter for the night. Max absolutely lov- cares for Nico a lot." Max was using his strength to glare at Mikhail angrily. Max then turned to me and gave me a slight nod in reassurance. Mikhail began again, "Okay, so, you have a point about my dad but there's no way my relationship with your family would have ended at that. Nico paid off my dad's debt even though no one asked him to. If Nico hadn't been alive to do so then my father would have been tortured and killed because we'd never be able to gather the money. Last but not least," Mikhail broke our eye contact first to look at Eli. "You said your dad would never had cheated but even if Nico hadn't been born the fact that your dad slept with his mom wouldn't have changed. Eli, your mother would be living a blissful life, no doubt, but with a man who wanted someone else." He took a minute to breath, "I, for one, am thankful everyday for Nico to be living at the same time as me. His existence brought light into my daily routine of work and no play." Mikhail turned back to me with a smile, "I love that about him."

I stared at Mikhail with disbelief. He definitely just said he loves me first, right? Was the first thought that came to mind. I smiled back at Mikhail and felt nothing but love and care as he watched me with his beautiful maroon eyes.

Eli clapping slowly made me look back at Him cautiously. "I guess I've finally found something that would break you, Nico." Eli started moving for something under his shirt.

I tried to point the gun at Eli as quickly as I could but Sera was already reaching for it. I couldn't let her have it but playing a game of tug and war with a loaded gun didn't seem ideal. Sera kicked me behind the knee so my leg gave out and then elbowed me in the jaw. She forced the gun out of my hands while I was kneeling on the ground holding my jaw.

Right when I started thinking that Junky should have shot Eli as soon as he began moving, Junky spoke in a hurry. "Bad news! We're getting shot at! Shit!"

"We're almost there!" Lion shouted. I wasn't sure if that was directed at junky or me but I figured it was for all of us. "Nico, hold on! I heard you struggling over there. You okay?"

"Not doing so good. Things went to shit on this side." I whispered while I had my head down. I massaged my jaw and then felt a stinging shock in my ear. I shouted in pain and took the ear piece out as quickly as I could manage with the pain. I threw it on the ground, "fucking shit..." Really? They couldn't have gotten waterproof ones? Now my communication with them was cut off. Junky and Frederik were occupied trying to stay alive. Lion was close by but I wasn't sure how much longer it would take. I almost didn't want to pick up my head to see what the new situation was but I did so, reluctantly.

"I see you were in contact with the detectives. I figured as much." Eli had a smaller version of a gun and had it pointed at Mikhail's head. Mikhail couldn't tear his eyes away from starring down the gun barrel.

"Eli!-" I stood as quickly as I could, bearing the lasting pain in my ear.

"Not so fast." Sera said stopped me. I turned to look at her to see her pointing the gun I had at her own head. "Take one more step and I'll kill myself, Nico."

"Son of a bitch. Why!? Why are you going so far?!" I asked Eli, distress evident in my voice.

"Im doing this out of my own will." Sera explained.

"What can I say?" Eli said looking impressed towards Sera. "She always goes above and beyond for me."

"Are you insane?!" I cried out although I understood why she was pointing it at herself. I wouldn't have cared if Sera had pointed the gun at me. My own safety wouldn't have matter and I would have rushed to tackle Eli to the floor. However, no matter how Sera betrayed me, I still cared for her and didn't want to see her die a death such as this pointless one. "Sera... I promised we'd all go home. That includes you. Put the gun down."

Sera shook her head causing her wet red hair to flop around, "Don't force me to pull the trigger, Nico."

I clenched my teeth tightly as my eyebrows furrowed on my forehead. I turned slowly to look at Eli and asked, "Get to the point then. Why are you going this far as to involve the innocent. Shoot me and get it over with!" I was breathing heavily as I saw Mikhail looking terrified. Max was trying to move to shield Mikhail but the most he could do was put a hand on Mikhail's arm.

Eli kicked Mikhail's cane right off the boat and said, "Killing you would be no fun. You have to feel what it's like to have something you care about get taken away right before your eyes. I want to see the despair form in your eyes as I get rid of your most beloved Mikhail."

"You've already taken our father from Me, Eli! Just stop this... Please!" I pleaded shaking my head.

"That's right. Beg me. Plead for me to spare Mikhail. Offer to take his place. Let me enjoy this moment. take a good look at the me that you created, Nico."

Mikhail's life was in danger. Sera's life was in danger. Max's life was in danger. I talked big about protecting everyone yet I couldn't even do that. Everything had spiraled out of control really fast and I wasn't sure how to handle the situation. I only had to walk a few paces to reach Mikhail and Max but I wasn't sure if seeing Sera kill herself was a good exchange. I took a careful step forward.

"I suppose we can start seeing as you're calling my bluff." Eli said with a wide smile on his face. "Seraphina, shoot yourself will you, love? Let's see who's more important to Nico. Mikhail or Seraphina? We'll both shoot at the count of five. Will Nico reach for you, Sera, or will he come save his beloved?"

"Sera, no!" I said with another step forward. I couldn't just wait until Lion arrived.

"Nico... It's okay." Mikhail said through a quivering lip. "I'll be fine." He was basically telling me to choose Sera over him.

"One." Eli started to count.

"Eli. Stop this. We can talk it out."

"Two."

"Sera, please. You don't have to do this."

"Three."

"Looks like you'll have to apologize to Dan for me after all." Sera said with a soft look. Her eyes were red but I couldn't tell if she was crying or if it was just rain.

"Nico." Mikhail wouldn't look at me as he spoke. "Do it. Save her!"

"Four."

I shut my eyes tightly as everything seemed to go silent. I wanted to block everything out. How could I choose between Sera and Mikhail. To an outsider the choice might have been obvious but I couldn't choose. The moments and memories Sera and I shared weren't fake. I knew that for a fact. I adored Mikhail dearly and didn't want to lose out on my future with him.

"Five."

I opened my eyes when I heard two gunshots go off and was surprised when I looked to see Mikhail still alive, stunned as he tried to comprehend what was happening. Eli's arm was bleeding. The gun on the floor. Blood was dripping from his shoulder down his entire arm. It ran down faster with the help of the rain. Frederik and Junky must have gotten rid of the threat long enough to check back on me.

That's when sudden realization hit me. I heart two gunshots but only one was fired at Eli. I turned very slowly to see Sera's motionless body on the floor. I heard someone vomiting behind me and figured it was Mikhail since he wasn't used to seeing dead bodies. I fell down on my knees in defeat and crawled over the her lifeless body. I had pushed her to her death. My eyes turned to the gun on the floor next to Sera. I picked it up as all I saw was red.

Eli laughed. He seemed to be enjoying himself. "What? Mad? She wasn't worth anything to you anyways." He tried telling me.

I knew I was crying but hoped the rain would mask my tears. "I should have done this a long time ago. You know, I always wished we could go back to how we used to me. Back when you were still my older brother and I tried to be like you. Look at us now." I laughed humorlessly.

"It's too late." Eli said holding onto his shoulder, "Do it. Kill me if you're so sure then. If you don't take this chance then I'll come back for sure and kill everyone you've ever held dear. I won't stop there, though. I'll make sure to get rid of those detectives. The little kid as well. Anyone you've ever so much as spoken to so that you'll finally understand how you bring death-"

Having heard enough, I shot his other shoulder despite Mikhail telling me not to. I even pictured the slight disapproval in Max's eyes. I watched Eli stumble backwards against the railing. Filled with rage I shot once more in his stomach. Eli eyes never left mine as his grin stayed on his face. He flipped over the railing and I dropped the gun in my hand. They were shaking like crazy.

That's it. Its done. Its over. I kept telling myself over and over. I ran to them both and held Max in my arms. I carefully grabbed Mikhail by the neck and brought him closer and kissed him deeply. I needed to feel his skin against mine as if to reassure myself this wasn't all a dream. I leaned my forehead against Mikhail's and smiled down at Max. I saved two people. That had to count for something.

"We're okay now." I said out loud to no one in particular.

I heard footsteps storming into the boat. "You're late." I told Lion as I felt his hand on my shoulder.

"I told you not to kill anyone, Nico. It's out of my hands. We all made it here in time to hear two gunshots. We watched Eli's body fall into the water."

I pushed Max's hair from his face as he was starting to close his eyes. I still felt a heartbeat so I was positive Max would live through this. I kissed Max's forehead and squeezed Mikhail's hand before standing up with Max in my arms. "Yeah, I know." I said sounding defeated. Tea came running and helped Mikhail stand. I placed Max in Lion's arms. "Make sure they both get to the hospital."

"I will."

"Nico, what's going-" Mikhail froze as three guys came and pushed me to the ground roughly. One guy pushed on the back of my neck and the other two basically sitting on my arms. "Get off of him!" I watched as Tea held him back and shook her head. I closed my eyes gently as I felt them putting handcuff on.

They got me on my feet and I nodded to both Lion and Tea. I smiled painfully at Mikhail as they started pushing me away. I could hear Mikhail asking a hundred questions. I couldn't hear his response because the rain drowned him out.

I tried to make them let me talk to this Captain guy but I was shoved into a car and whisked away. I saw an ambulance arriving just as I was leaving and let out a sigh of relief. I put my head on the cold glass window and couldn't believe that this whole thing with Eli was really over. I couldn't believe Eli had died so quickly. In my head, he was always this big God like figure that I wouldn't ever be allowed to reach. Yet, three bullets were enough to take him down.

It was finally all over. My new life with Miki would now begin. I could start living the life I've always wanted for myself. I started laughing out of disbelief and mental exhaustion.

I smiled to myself as I thought: I've won

{Mikhail}

I had been in the hospital for four days and yet no one could tell me what was happening to Nico. I hadn't seen him since he was dragged off of the boat after he shot Elisha twice. After Nico was taken by what I later found was off the F.B.I. I to be questioned, I was absolutely furious. Nico was a hero. He saved my life. I couldn't even begin to imagine how he felt having to shoot his brother. Even if they had a rocky relationship, that was still his brother at the end of the day.

The guy that introduced himself as Lion to me carried Max to the ambulance. The lady who helped me stand introduced herself as Tea, like the drink, as she found herself having to explain. She also helped me get into the ambulance after answering my long string of questions.

I ended up finding out everything. I thought that knowing the truth would help clear my mind but only gave me doubts and more questions.

"Mikhail. At least eat the apples." My dad said breaking me out of my thoughts but chose to ignore him. I had a small concussion when I first arrived at the hospital and a sprained ankle and would finally be allowed to leave that same day. Max on the other hand would have to stay longer as he had three broken ribs, a broken arm, and an injured shoulder from when Eli shot him. He had lost a lot more blood than I do his recovery would take longer.

"I'm not hungry." I said turning my head to look out the window instead. It was midday. I should have been back at school by now but seeing as break was over but instead I was sitting on a hospital bed. To be honest though, I didn't even feel like going to school. I just wanted to see Nico.

"Miki... Eat." My dad said pointing at the apples.

Wayne was sitting down on the couch Eating a cupcake from the many that Dylan had brought over earlier. "Would you prefer a cupcake? Your friend has some major skills in the kitchen." I smiled softly. Of course Dylan would. He was forced to cook for himself from a young age if he wanted to eat. No one from his family wanted him so they purposely gave him little to no food at an attempt to drive him away.

"Don't you have a job to do?" My dad asked Wayne with a small frown. "You're a manager of some new up and coming actor, aren't you?"

"Ahh. Why'd you have to remind me? He's a spoiled brat. Rumor has it that his dad bought his position in the company so his son could be famous. Kids like that don't know what it's like to get dirt under their nails."

"Just quit then." My dad offered.

"What? Unlike some people, I have bills to pay and food to put on the table for myself- Ah. Sorry." Wayne immediately apologized seeing as we didn't have a home anymore. We wouldn't need to pay bills or worry about the business.

"It's fine." I answered with a small smile.

My dad seemed to be contemplating something and Wayne looked really apologetic. I should have felt some kind of emotion towards the shop and our home burning down but, in all honesty, it didn't bother me as much. Dad and I were just bound to that store after my mom had passed. It's not like either of us really wanted to continue living there. Besides, I would start college after my graduation and most likely would live in the dorms. My grades are really good so I had gotten scholarships to pay for my schooling.

Wayne's phone went off and he checked it. He groaned loudly and stood up. "I've got to go pick up the brat." Wayne walked up to me and hugged me gently and ruffled my hair in a mess. He looked at my dad and asked, "Where are you guys going to be staying, by the way?"

"I'll probably gather what I've saved over the years and get a hotel... Maybe a motel."

Wayne rolled his eyes, "don't be ridiculous. Stay at my place." Wayne grabbed his keys from his pocket and started taking off what I suspected what his house key. "Stay at my place with Mikhail. Take it. I won't let you say no."

My dad reluctantly took it. I assumed he didn't want to be a bother at Wayne's house but we didn't really have any other option. Money was going to be a lot tighter so we couldn't afford to get a motel. "Thanks. I'll have dinner ready for you when you get off of work then."

Wayne whistled in appreciation, "Looks like I'll have to wife you up."

My dad punched Wayne. Wayne laughed as he flinched away. My dad then kicked Wayne's butt and shoved him away. "Get out of here!"

Wayne couldn't stop his laughing as he waved, "I got it! I'm leaving! Bye Mikhail!" I waved back and he closed the door after he left.

My dad sighed, he looked quite flustered. He came over and sat beside me. "You still haven't touched the apples."

"Not hungry."

"Mikhail.."

"Fine." I said reluctantly and forced myself to eat an apple. "Dad, have you heard anything about Nico yet?"

"I haven't." My dad replied quickly. "Isn't it better if you leave that boy, Miki? He's a bad influence. Look at what trouble he got you in. You could have died. I could have lost you."

"It's not like you weren't planning on leaving me anyways." I replied back bitterly. I didn't regret saying what I did but I wished I would have said it in a better tone. I wasn't angry at my dad at all but I was venting out my frustration out on him.

"Nico told you?" He asked which basically confirmed what Eli told me back on the boat. He sighed again and slumped back in his chair.

"Nico didn't. His brother did." I told dad so that he wouldn't blame Nico. "Were you ever going to tell me?"

"I was going to... eventually." He said with a soft smile and tired eyes. He hadn't left my side once since I had been admitted into the hospital.

I scoffed, "Eventually? When? When you had all your stuff packed up and you were at the airport?"

"Miki, I just need to go away for a little bit. I need to find myself again. I'm not the same person I was when your mother was alive. I know this. You know this. I've lost a majority of my reasoning for staying here in this small town. Besides, it's not like I'm leaving to go play around in several towns until I get bored of it." My dad tried explaining to me, "I got offered a good job by this girl I used to go to college with. I have a degree I've never touched because your mom's flower business took up most of our time. Business was good before. The flower shop was all we needed to have a good life. We didn't need to worry about money before. It's different now. We are living basically in poverty, Mikhail."

I stayed quiet. I was sulking, I knew that much. What my dad was saying was all right. This was a good opportunity for him if he really did get offered a job. I was just upset that he didn't feel like he could talk to me about it. I was angry that he felt that he needed to have jobs behind my back incase I was against him leaving. I'd dad would have just explained from the start about the job offer and him moving away I would have started getting ready employ part timers to help me run the flower shop.

"I know that." I said in a frustrated voice. "I just feel like you're running away from me."

"No!" My dad shouted. When he realized he had raised his voice, he lowered it and tried again. I didn't look at him so he lifted my chin and said, "I love you, Mikhail. I can't even begin to imagine what I'd be doing if I lost you. I know I'm a worthless father that made you work hard to keep us both afloat. I don't think I can ever apologize enough for that but I want to make things right starting now. Okay?" He asked removing hair from my face.

"Okay." I said finally understanding my father a bit more. This move was his way of walking into the future. This was how he was going to let my mother finally rest in peace. I wasn't angry or frustrated anymore. "You should start with that." I said pointing at his wedding ring still on his left hand. I held out my open palm for him to give me the ring.

My dad looked down at his finger and grimaced. I could tell he didn't want to take it off. With extreme reluctance, he slid the ring off and dropped it in my hand gently. He looked at me and smiled, "My finger feels a bit naked now."

"Then hurry up and find someone who's willing to put up with you." I told him with a slight nod. It was my way of giving my permission for him to find love even if it couldn't be with my mom.

I wanted dad to find someone to spend the rest of his life with. Someone who he would be able to grow old with. Someone who could make him happy just like, and if not more than, my mom did when she was still around. We all had to take a step forward and this was my dad's way of showing me he was going to change. My relationship with my dad wasn't fixed. Far from it. We needed more time to understand one another but I was satisfied with how things were going now.

My dad kissed my head and said, "I'll go get the doctor to give you one final check up. Then we can go home and plan dinner."

"Okay."

Dad stood up and walked towards the door. He reached for the handle but the door opened making my dad to step back cautiously so he wouldn't get hit by the door. My eyebrows shot up in surprise. Nico was standing there in a black suit. His hair slicked back, now dyed back to his original dark brown color, and his eyes were red. It looked like he had been crying. My dad leaned in and whispered something to Nico. Nico smiled a little bit, hardly noticeable, and they actually shook hands. Nico stepped out of the way letting my father pass and then closed the door after him. He stayed by the door watching me with sorrow in his eyes.

"Come here." I told him reaching my hand out so he could take it. Nico seemed to snap out of whatever he was in and walked over. He took up the chair my dad was in previously and took my bandaged hand softly in his. "Your hair looks good." I complimented him with a smile. I ran my free hand through his darker hair.

"I realized it was time to stop running away from myself." He said in a croaky voice.

"Really?" I asked, "Have you been crying?"

"The F.B.I. bastards let me out yesterday. I'm sorry I didn't come over immediately or contact you. We buried my father and Sera this morning. I had to prepare everything for the funeral as soon as possible." Nico explained through a strained voice.

"Oh." I sad feeling my heart break. "How are you feeling?"

"I-" Nico started but then stopped. He closed his mouth and then frowned. He took a deep, shaky breath and started again, "I let everything out at the cemetery. I talked to my dad and Sera. I'm all dried out. I don't think I can cry anymore. Then I had to do a bit of work before I was permitted to leave." He cracked a small smile, "You'd think that because I'm now in charge I wouldn't have people telling me what to do anymore but that's not the case." His expression turned a bit cold and then he said" Eli's body hasn't been found yet." Nico had a dark expression and his eyes looked clouded.

"Do you think-" I stopped myself. I didn't even want to finish the sentence. The possibility of Eli surviving a bullet to the shoulder and stomach was slim but I couldn't rule it out after everything we had been through. I knew Nico had thought the same thing, his expression said it all. I smiled and brought Nico closer, letting him rest his head on my shoulder. "I'm proud of you." I said rubbing his back gently. "Don't think about that right now. You should be happy for a little while. You more than deserve it."

I felt Nico shaking softly. He was either laughing or crying and then I got my answer as my shoulder felt wet. I didn't know what to say that would comfort him. What did I say to the guy who lost his father, brother, and close friend. I felt like nothing I would say would make the guy who killed his own brother to protect me feel better. So, we stayed like that for a while. I knew Nico didn't want to talk about it just yet. I realized just being next to him was more than enough. We didn't separate until the doctor came in to check how I was doing.

The check up was a quick one and the nurse came in a bit later with a wheelchair. Although not needed, Nico helped in settle down into it and he wheeled me out. "Did you go see Max?" I asked Nico as we got in the elevator.

"I did." Nico confirmed, "Dylan was in there with him when I showed up. We talked for a bit" I looked up and saw Nico had a smile on his face, "He'll be fine. He's being his usual self, even with broken ribs and two currently useless arms."

I laughed gently, "I guess something would be wrong if that wasn't the case."

We got to the bottom and Nico wheeled me out the where my dad was waiting, outside of the hospital by his car. "Hey..." Nico said stopping and kneeling down in front of me so we were eye level. "Come stay with me."

"Huh?" I asked, not sure if I heard him correctly.

"Stay with me at my house. You'll be lonely after your father leaves, right?"

"I- I think so." I said still shocked Nico had asked so straightforward. "but, what if our relationship doesn't work. If you kick me out then-" I said being realistic about the situation that Nico had proposed.

"That won't happen." Nico reassured me, "I know that you're the one for me, Miki, because I love you. I want you to live with me."

My mouth dropped open. Nico had a genuine smile on his face as he rubbed his thumb on my cheek. I couldn't find the right words to say that wouldn't make me sound stupid. We hadn't been dating long yet Nico confessed- well, technically I did at the boat. I knew what I said on the boat wasn't a 'in the moment' kind of thing either. I did love Nico back. That wasn't hard to see. Otherwise I wouldn't have risked everything I did just to date him.

I grabbed the back of his and pulled him closer. We were inches apart and I whispered, "I love you, too. I'll move in with you." And then I kissed him. Everything felt so surreal. Our first meeting, to our first 'date' together. Now we were moving in together and I was excited for what was to come next. Before I got too ahead of myself I said, "Not today though. I want to spend time with my dad before he leaves."

Nico nodded and stood you. He kissed me again quickly and said, "Then I'll come have dinner with you guys. I'll send my father-in-law off with a smile."

I laughed and rolled my eyes at Nico. My dad was basically running over to us. He slightly pushed Nico away from me and started pushing the wheelchair towards his car, "Don't touch him! He's my son!"

I looked back to see Nico following us with a smile, "Don't worry. I'll take good care of him while you're gone."

"Who's leaving?! I'm staying here forever!"

"You're not." I said crossing my arms. "Oh, Nico is coming over and having dinner with us."

"Says who!?" My dad protested.

"Says Miki." Nico said.

"You can't call him that!!"

"Miki! Miki! Miki! Miki! Miki!" Nico started saying just to get back at my father like a child would.

I couldn't help but laugh loudly at how childish they were behaving. That's how they were even when they helped me into the car and all the way to Wayne's home.

Things were picking up for everyone. I finally felt really happy at this point in my life. Sure, things could have gone smoothly but if I thought about it the down were what made our ups that much more enjoyable.

A/N: Not technically the last chapter. One more left of the actual story which will be the epilogue. Then I'll add a FAQ page for the very last chapter. Thanks so much for the love and support!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.2K 7.1K 33
"When I first saw you, I thought I'd have to kill you." "Uh, excuse me?" "But now I'll kill anyone that even thinks of laying a finger on you," he s...
79.9K 2.7K 44
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...
1.1M 33K 51
When good meets really, really, really bad. ****** Daniel Harper is down on his luck as he struggles to pay for his sophomore year at NYU. Desperate...
1.2M 50.8K 67
My parents are possibly one of the most successful human sex traffickers in my home country. Which means they have plenty of people after them. That...