There's a Rebel in My Bed! [✓]

By Poetically-Damaged

#2 in the "There's A ...." series He's a bad boy, I'm an angel. He carries a knife, I carry books. He loves v... More

Prologue - Is There a Virgin In The House?
1. Testosterone
3. Like The Very First Time
4. Unforgiven
5. YOLO ain't The MOTTO
6. Hold Onto Sixteen Part 1/2
7. Hold Onto Sixteen Part 2/2
8. For Whom The Bell Tolls
9. No Rest for The Wicked
10. Clocks
11. Tick..Tick..Tick
12. The Return of The King
13. Poisonous Part 1/2
14. Poisonous Part 2/2
15. Someone To Watch Over Me
16. The Kasper & Evan Confessionals
17. Love On Top
18. Under The Dome
19. Let The Boy Go
20. Abandon All Hope
21. Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head
22. The Incredibly Strange Mind of Teenage Boys
23. All Hell Breaks Loose Part 1/2
24. Goodbye
25. All Hell Breaks Loose Part 2/2
26. Finally
27. Long Live The King/ At The End of Every Day

2. Cinderfella

136K 3.8K 3.8K
By Poetically-Damaged

                                             There’s a Rebel in My Bed!

                                              Chapter 2 – Cinderfella

                      Song of the Chapter: Kiss the Girl (Sebastian – The Little Mermaid)

                                            My ode to classic Disney. Ten Disney references. 

See if you can find them all!

 “You’re dead Hollister.” K hissed menacingly towards Jacob, inching closer around the table towards him.

Jacob’s smirk only added to Ks anger and before I could blink he stopped half way around the table and leaped across it.

In one quick swooped, their bodies connected. The contents on the table flew in the air, spilling over onto the floor and their holders smashing on impact with the ground.

“Stop it you two!” I yelled but stood frozen in one single position. My words proved futile. The boys began went from rolling around and cussing at one another to throwing punches. K – who was on top of Jacob rained punches down on him. Jacob, used his hands to deflect every single one of them and half way through, used his feet to push K off of him.

K slammed against the edge of the table, letting out a grunt but regained his stance. Jacob got up off the floor.

K gritted his teeth and spat at his adversary who showed just as much disdain for his opponent. Just before they could charge each other Chris flew into the room and stood between the fiery males.

“Get a hold on yourselves you jackasses!” he shouted, using both of his hands to hold the boys by placing it on their chests. “You’re scaring people.”

The flare in both of their eyes simmered down when they looked over to me, still frozen in place.

“Evan?” Jacob whispered with soft eyes.

I tried to speak but I couldn’t. I’ve never seen this side of either of them and it was frightening.

“Evan?” Jacob repeated, this time he moved from the other boys and slowly crept over to me. K’s face remained intense and locked on Jacob’s movements. With a clenched jaw, he moved Chris’ hands from him and practically raised hell with his boisterous stomps out the kitchen door.

My glassy eyes moved back from Ks retreating figure to Jacob’s dominating one, set right in front of me with a look of puppy dog innocence set so gently in his sapphire eyes. “Why would you do something like that when you know my mother is right here?”

He clenched his jaw and lowered his gaze to the ground. “I-I don’t know. I just felt like I had to defend my honor.”

“This isn’t some fairytale novel Jacob and I’m sure as hell not a Disney princess.”

“I know that Evan-”

“Then why would you embarrass me like this?” my anger was rising and those that were left in the room noticed.

Chris slinked out the room, not wanting to feel it.

“I’m sorry.”

“Leave.”

He looked taken back and didn’t speak or moved for the matter.

“Didn’t you hear me Jacob? Leave, now.”

He parted his lips to speak but he noticed the flare that lit in my eyes that dared him to protest. He sighed reluctantly and grabbed his coat. He slowly walked back up to me and before he left looked down and said with vigor, “I’m taking you on that date tomorrow night, whether you want to go or not.”

I didn’t speak nor look at him and once he realized I would neither deny nor accept his demanding gesture, he silently left.

A few minutes later, Chris reentered the room with Evelyn in tow. By that time, I had already cleaned up most of the broken things on the floor and fixed the table back to its orderly fashion.

“So, I’m guessing mom doesn’t take to keen to Jacob now, does she?” I asked, while picking up the spilled food off of the floor.

Ev let out a nervous laugh and sits in a seat at the table. “Well, it didn’t exactly didn’t go great.”

"You can thank your mystery friend for that, by the way who is he really? He gave off someone some intense body language at the dinner table whenever Jacob started talking.” Chris asked, placing his hands on Ev’s shoulders from the back of her chair.

“He’s just a friend. His brother dated Allen in junior high.”

Chris nodded his head slightly and by the look on his face, I knew he didn’t really actually believe a word I was saying.

Evelyn grimaced at Allen’s name. “Damn, I feel sorry for the poor unfortunate soul of that guy.”

I chuckled before standing to my feet and sighing. “I’m going to go to bed guys.”

The nightlight turned into daylight and Jacob stayed true to his promise. He did in fact call and told me of his plans. Even though I should have been pissed at him, the magnificent ball his Dad was supposedly having sounded too good to pass up and so I accepted. K was still missing and I was growing worried but I didn’t let it stop me from getting dressed at 9pm sharp and heading down stairs to wait for him outside.

“Where are you going dressed so nicely? Your prom isn’t for another three years.” Mom joked, dusting the coffee table.

I smiled and tried to get out fast but like a true mother, she snatched me back by the collar of my shirt. “Answer me honey.”

I flashed a pearly smile with soft eyes. “I’m going on a date.”

She raised her head up but kept her eyes on me. “With Jacob?”

“Yes, my boyfriend.”

She released me and picked up the duster again and with a calm voice she whispered, “I forbid it Evan.”

I remained silent for a second and just watched her return to dusting things. Stepping forward I cleared my throat. “Mom, he put a lot of effort into this, the least I can do is show I appreciate it.”

She barely was even phased “Now Evan, I’m your mother and as your mother I’m looking for your best interest. Like they always say Mother knows-”

“No.”

That seemed to get her attention because she stopped dusting and looked over to me. “No? Oh, dear. Mr. Evan Harris is all grown up, a twenty first century man,” she let go of the duster. “He’s the man of the house now. His father, he lives inside of him.” her eye glazed over and narrowed in my direction. A smile masked with cynicism danced on her red lips. 

“Mom-”

“Close your mouth!” she barked and the bite from the words silenced me quickly. “Go to your room Evan, you’re grounded.”

“Why?”

“It’s for your own good Evan. You see what happened with that Alex boy, please heed my words. Now go, only for tonight, I promise. It’s the circle of life, Evan. They love you at first and then they turn on you quickly after they use you. Give him what he wants and he’ll leave you quicker than light!”

I clenched my jaw. “I don’t get a say in this don’t I?”

She frowned and came over to me and placed a kiss on my forehead. “I’m afraid not.”

A sigh escaped my lips and without saying another word I slugged back upstairs. “Don’t be a spoiled brat Evan.”

The sound of the doorbell rang and I stopped immediately. I spun around and ran for the door. From the corner of my eye, I could see mom right behind me.

Luckily, the age factor played a great roll and I beat her to the front door and swung it open.

Jacob turned around and faced me. The smile was wiped clean off his face when he looked at me. He swallowed quickly and looked me over. “You look…” he sighed and smiled widely. “You look…wow.”

“Thank you.” I smiled and looked him over. His high end and expensive looking suit failed to highlight his incomparable facial features and even through his suit his muscles shone and rippled. “You don’t look too bad yourself.”

Mom pushed past me, failing to care that she was squishing me against the door’s wooden frame. “I’m sorry Jacob, Evan cannot go out tonight.”

His face twisted into a look of confusion and his eyes settled back on me. “Well, then. I guess next year we can go…” he mumbled.

Mom gave him a sympathetic smile. “I’m sorry Jacob. You should be on your way now.”

He hid his frown by bowing his head. “Yeah, I should return the carriage then.” He mumbled again and spun around to leave.

I gasped. “Nonsense. I can go.” I said.

“What?” both of them uttered.

“I can go Jacob. We don’t want to let that carriage go to waste.”

“Evan, dear, didn’t we have a deal?’

I grabbed my cell phone off of the table near the door. “Mom, this is a once and a life time event.”

“Actually, my dad does it every year.”

“Shut it Jacob.” I barked with my eyes till on my mom. “Please, mom.” I begged.

Her eyes stayed solid and stoned but after a few more sighs she finally cracked. “Fine, but you have until midnight.”

A squeal blasted its way through my lips and I dragged her into a hug. “Thank you mom.”

She sighed and broke the hug. “Remember, Evan. Be home by midnight or by God you will never go on another date again.”

I nodded and grabbed Jacob by the hand. Sprinting for the carriage, I stopped once we arrived at its stationary position in the front of our driveway.

Its golden frame was fit for a royalty. Horses – black and white sat at the steer with a man dressed in a tuxedo placed right behind them with a pair of roped tightly placed in between his palms. Lights flickered at the top of its doors and wheels were wooden with steel placed on its edges.

“My God…” I whimpered. Jacob came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me. “This is a something made for a-”

“Disney princess?” he said, finishing my words for me.

“Yeah…”

He chuckled. “Well, I don’t know any better way than saying I’m sorry by making you the first ever Disney prince.”

My breaths came out short and loud by just staring at its amazing beauty. “This is too much Jacob.”

He kissed the top of my head and chuckled. “Nothing’s too much for you. Plus, my dad insisted I treated you with only the best my family has to offer.”

He opened the carriage door and insisted that I go in first. Once he climbed in after me and closed the door, the carriage started to move.

The small interior in the carriage added to its beauty and I couldn’t even imagine how much effort he put into this. I looked out the small window, watching as on lookers glanced, pointed and even stepped out of their cars to catch a better glimpse of the amazing vehicle that has only be seen in fairytales. They gossiped, smiled and tried to spot who was the lucky individual that sat within it. I couldn’t help but smile a little at their shock faces when they two males inside of it.

“You’re rather quiet.”

I looked over at Jacob’s smiling face and mimicked its happiness. “I’m just still taking it in really. This is…amazing, I’ve only seen sights like this once upon a dream.”

He smiled. “Well, Dreams are just wishes the heart makes.”

 “Why have you been so silent?”

“I’ve been debating with myself.”

“With…”

“I’ve been staring at you for a while and I’ve been debating if I should just kiss you. I’m kind of scared and hide it but I want to kiss you.” He looked down and then back up, flashing his trademark smile. “I’m a little shy for some reason and I don’t want to miss my moment. I don’t want to miss out on it now, I’m just confused if you want me too or not you know? I just w-”

“Jacob.”

He stopped and clenched his jaw. “Yeah?”

“Kiss me.”

He looked surprised by my brashness but didn’t further hesitate to lean over and connect our lips.

I felt it.

I felt the warmth of my heart, the knotting of my stomach, the beating of my heart triple in pace and I more than liked it…I loved it.

His sweet cologne coupled with his award worthy kissing skills, made it nearly impossible to break the kiss. Air was irrelevant at this point but I still needed it to live long enough to attend the ball his father had planned.

Not long afterwards we arrived at one of the most beautiful building I had ever seen. It’s tall, two story stature eclipsed that of palaces that was home to Queens and Kings or at least anything I’ve seen before. I stepped out of the carriage and gaped at its endearing look.

“Welcome to a whole new world Evan.”

“You live here?”

He laughed. “No, it’s my dad’s company hall where all of the big names in the company meet and such.”

“Damn, I bet you can’t wait to be king of all of this stuff.”

"I just want to play football really.” He grabbed me by the hand, squeezing it gently and began to walk towards the numerous entrances to the building.

 Men and women dressed wonderfully and expensively nodded when they saw Jacob and even gave me a little smile. People were starting realize that I was his date and perhaps by their looks, some realized that we were more than just that. This only continued when we got into the main hall that’s walls were filled with paintings both tall and small dazzled across its circle shape.

“I’ll be right back; I’m going to find my dad so I can introduce him to the guy that holds my heart.” He said with smile before he was off into the sea of people.

I stood by the entrance rather awkwardly and watched the immense amount of people chatter away with expensive alcohol in expensive glasses that would most likely be thrown out after the party was over.

Five minutes passed and Jacob wasn’t still here and by right, I was beginning to get agitated. “Where the hell is he?” I grumbled under my breath, tapping my feet with both eagerness and impatience.

“He’s right here.”

I slight gasped left my lips when I turned to see the face. “Danny?”

My mouth went sour when he smiled and engulfed me into one of those hugs he always gave me when we hadn’t seen each other for so long. “What the hell are you doing here?”

He chuckled, adjusting his tie to perfection and using his hands to fix his groomed hair. “I heard Jacob’s dad was in charge of this so I said why not? Maybe I’d see a familiar face.”

“Funny,” another voice rang. But this time the voice was one I didn’t need to hear – at least not here. K made his over to us in a plain white t-shirt with a necktie slung over his shoulder, a pair of dark shades and dark colored jeans. “I was looking for familiar faces too.”

“Who are you?” Danny asked, focusing on K’s attire.

“I’m a friend of Evan here.” he cheered, throwing an arm over my shoulder.

“Cool.” Danny mumbled before clearing his throat as the awkward tension blanketed us.

I sighed. “This can’t get any worse.”

As soon as the words left my mouth; K smirked and pointed on the direction Jacob had left in.

Danny noticeably tensed. Not because of Jacob or the scowl that was now on his face upon seeing K but because who he was bringing with him.

I spoke too soon.

Danny growled and I watched as his fist balled. “Alex…”

OMG, They are AAALL back :O

Question: Was Evan’s mom a bit of an “Evil Witch” or was she just exercising her right as a protective and concerned mother?  I mean, the thing with Alex did fall apart back TAJIMB! Answer below!

Okay! Find the Ten references and PS all of them are song references! Some movies and songs come up more than once ;)

Don’t forget to VOTE/COMMENT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

525K 14.4K 22
"sir, I can't do this" I whimper as I look up meeting his hazel eyes "What makes you say that?" he asks as he sits down in the chair beside me. The...
176K 5.9K 52
Xavier is your average British boy , but his dad thinks he could be better , so being the narcissistic father he is , he sends his son away to live w...
10.5K 381 31
{completed 16/10/2018} Book two ••• "What do you care if I love someone?!" "Because I love you god damn it!" "Y-you what?" "Love you. I have since...
15 0 1
A short love story about two college boys