Egyptian Timewave(Old Short-S...

By booklover241014

Egyptian girl Abayomi goes back in time to Ancient Thebes, Egypt. What happens when she finds the sibling of... More

Chapter 1: A Strange Dream
Chapter 2: The Marketplace
Chapter 3: Library
Chapter 4: Aftermath
Cover Contest
Chapter 5: Ancient Market
Chapter 6: Annipe
Chapter 7: Kahotep
Chapter 8: Imenand
Chapter 10-Escape
Chapter 11: The Tomb
Bonus Chapter!: The Trial
Rewritten Version Coming!
The rewritten version is on its way!

Chapter 9: Prison

263 13 2
By booklover241014

"What am I doing in here!?" I cried out in despair.

"Awaiting punishment." They replied while quietly snickering at me, and then they left quickly. A few miserable, cold and lonely hours later, they came back.

Then they said, with cruel delight in their voices " The pharaoh has sentenced you to die at sunrise two days from now, Witch." I sank to the freezing, slimy ground then. I stared all around the cold damp cell in silence. Not really seeing or feeling anything. I just sat there waiting. I almost believed I could hear moaning spirits swirling around me, beckoning me to join them. I know, its a little creepy. But considering, I AM in a cold and damp prison cell. Anyone would be thinking this. Then I remembered that I had some food in my pocket.

I slowly ate half of the dates. Then I walked over to the area just under the metal grate that led to the sky. I dug a hole in the ground and put the fig seeds inside. Then I covered up the seeds and went in search of some stones. I found some and placed them in a circle around my seeds. Afterwards, I climbed up to a rock ledge and went to sleep, having nothing better to do. I continued to do this the next day.

Around midnight of my last day, I heard a rustling from the hole in the prison ceiling. Then, an old but strong long rope fell down all the way to the floor. I looked up and saw Anippe beckoning me to climb up. So I did.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that this is a short chapter, I've been busy with school and scuba training.

What do you think will happen next? Do you think they will get caught?

See you in a little while with the next chapter!!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 61 63
*waving hands around* GUYS ITS ME AGAIN! ANOTHER (very late) 2021/2022 BOOKAROO! That's not a word, is it? Oh well it still rhymes. Omt hi guys!! So...
69.1K 1.6K 15
Everyone has a soulmate. On your sixteenth birthday you get a power. Over your life you learn to control it and it grows stronger everyday just as y...
121K 2.2K 33
Princess Marinette is sent to Paris for her safety but she has separated from her siblings especially her twin sister Bridgette. While separated they...
482K 17K 194
Won Yoo-ha, a trainee unfairly deprived of the opportunity to appear on a survival program scheduled to hit the jackpot, became a failure of an idol...