ELEGANTLY WASTED // Draco Mal...

By prettyboyawg

He knelt down, twisting his head that was partially cloaked by the hood of his robe to face me. His pale jaw... More

1. Acceptance
2. Diagon Alley
3. Hogwarts Express
4. The Sorting Ceremony
5. Fifth Year
7. Living A Little
8. The Forbidden Forest
9. Acid Pops
10. Prefecting

6. Another Day

42 4 2
By prettyboyawg

Chapter 6.
Another Day

{}

September 3rd

I hastily shovelled the piles of corn flakes in front of me into my mouth. I was sitting around the crowded Slytherin table for breakfast along with my friends. It was nearing the end of breakfast time and the clock was inches away from first period, 9am.

I had Care of Magical Creatures first, which I was ecstatic for. I loved Care of Magical Creatures, it was my second favourite subject which was obviously Defence Against the Dark Arts. I loved Care of Magical Creatures as much as Potions. Those were my favourite subjects, along with astronomy. I really just loved every class at Hogwarts.

"You ready Prim?" Phil asked, mumbling as his mouth was stuffed with slices of toast.

"Yeah, maybe when you finish that toast you'll be as well," I chuckled standing up as I slung my backpack over one shoulder lazily.

"I'm ready now," Phil blushed as Dan teased him continuously.

Phil and I sauntered off down the castle, towards Hagrids hut where the lessons took place.
Hagird was a fun, loving character although he was noticeably scared of my dad, which made him scared of me.

A group of fifth years, Phil and I included, clustered around Hagrid as he clasped his hands over his large stomach.

"Alright, well we're going to dive straight into this class and begin the first double period with an important lessons on Thestrals." Hagrid nodded along as he spoke.

I glanced around the small class, included there was Phil, myself, Luna Lovegood, Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, Chi Chang, Hermoine Granger, Cedric Diggory and Malfoy. It wasn't a bad class if I'm honest, and I didn't mind most of them. Although I felt desperately sorry for Hermoine as I knew her being the only Gryffindor and her blood type would attract Malfoy and his gangs attention. They would endlessly bully her, they probably would do it to me to if I wasn't a Slytherin and Severus's daughter.

"Alright so let's get hiking towards the woods!" Hagrid beamed as he effortlessly slung a large sack over his shoulders, we all followed him towards the Forbidden Forest.

{}

"Okay, so those who have witnessed a death stand next to that tree over there." Hagrid pointed his stubby finger towards a lumpy tree.

I swallowed nervously and trudged over, along with Hermoine, Malfoy and Luna.

When I was younger, I witnessed my mother dying of cancer. Even my dad wasn't able to cure it, that's how bad it was. I didn't talk about it much, and probably never will.

"Okay, uh, I was kinda hoping you all would've... but we can change things up a bit!" Hagrid reassured us as he began making up a new lesson plan. "So you guys, the ones who haven't seen a death, won't be able to see the Thestrals, so I'll just have to explain and describe them with you guys. You four, coincidentally I have two Thestrals, if you please split up into pairs and I'll deal with you in a short second." Hagrid finished as he turned to the others.

"Luna? Wanna partner up with me?" Hermoine asked a bit too eagerly as she noticed Malfoy and I were the only other options.

"Okay," Luna spoke softly, as she let her mind take her away in a daydream.

I sighted agitated as I stormed towards Malfoy, standing next to him as he propped himself up against a tree.

"What a pleasure," Malfoy grunted in annoyance as he looked up to fine me next to him.

"Trust me, the pleasures all mine." I snorted in response.

Hagrid waffled over, bouncing towards us.

"Alright so I'm gonna give you two a more, experience Thestral. He is around five years old, his names Ailbeart." Hagrid smiled nervously, he was just afraid as Malfoy as he was of me.

I nodded, eager to find out more about the strange creatures. Malfoy slumped further into the tree, acting as if he didn't care.

"Ailbeart! Here boy!" Hagrid yelled, clicking his teeth together as the other group began chatting and mucking around.

Hermoine stood impatiently as Luna began pointing out the different clouds roaming the sky.

"Ailbeart!" Hagrid yelled once more.

A couple of seconds later, a nearby bush rustled and at first I thought it was just a coincidence. Although not long after, a large creature stepped out and trotted towards us.

"Hello Ailbeart!" Hagrid grinned stroking the creatures lengthily nose.
"Right, there's some raw meat in that bucket over there," Hagrid added before stumbling off towards Hermoine and Luna.

I gazed up towards the creature in front. Ailbeart resembled a dark horse, with his four legs and long face. Although two wings spurted out of his back and horns grew from his head. Instead of a soft, fluffy tail, Ailbeart's was bumpy and raw. The bones were visible on every inch of the creature although it was clear that Hagrid fed them well as he treated all of his creatures with the upmost care.

"Hello Ailbeart," I said lightly as I confidently stepped towards the beast in front of me.

I stretched my hand towards his nose, he sniffed it lightly before rubbing his nose along my hand. I laughed silently at the crave for affection.

{}

After double Arithmacy, it was fair to say that I was exhausted. I hated the class with a strong passion and longed to escape and go back to my dorm and just let sleep devour me. Although I had taken notice of the Astronomy club poster that was neatly stuck on one of the corridors. Last year, I would've not cared in the slightest, however I knew I had OWLS this year and I did want to pass a couple of my exams, meaning that I would have to out in a lot of extra work. And going to the study clubs was the least I could do.

I stumbled down the corridor, students dotted around chatting casually to each other, but as it was free time most had escaped back to their common rooms. I reached Proffessor Sinistra's 'classroom' in the astronomy tower where the club was being held. I stepped in, immediately feeling the light wind hit my cold face and blow my hair back slightly.

Professor Sinstra and I had always got on particularly well. Despite her being a known Ravenclaw in her school student years, she was one of the few people who didn't judge me beforehand. Most people feared myself for being related to the 'Sinister Severus Snape' as most of the students called him, but she didn't.

"Hello Primrose," she smiled kindly as she clasped her hands together.

I returned her smile and set myself down next to Dan who was already patiently waiting for me.

"Hey Prim," he smiled whilst focusing his gaze upon the pale blue sky above us.

Although it was day, we were still taught astronomy classes here so it wasn't a surprise that the club was also held here.

I glanced around me, taking in the other students that cluttered the place. There weren't many other people, in fact Dan and I were the only Slytherins there.

{}

After dinner, again, I had another club to attend. It was only the second day and already the commitment and dedication that I had to put into these classes was quickly getting to me.

This class was particularly not going well so far. I sighed as I continued walking to the Charms classroom. I hesitantly shoved the door open finding that the majority of the class was already there and seated.

"Do you have a tendency for being late to every class, or is it just mine?" Professor Flitwick scolded as he watched me enter.

"This isn't a class, it's a club." I corrected him, earning a few quiet chuckles from around the class.

"Sit. Now." He narrowed his eyes displeasingly at my response.

I dragged myself towards my seat, were Malfoy was placed lazily next to it. I slumped down ignoring him completely as he failed to notice my presence.

"Right, so we're going to go over the muffliato spell, as that was the one that most students struggled with." I actually smiled at his words.

The muffliato spell was one that my very own dad had invented, and I was proud to say that he taught me it when I was just 6 years old, so I had it perfected.

"Thankfully, we seem to have our very own expert of the spell, Primrose Snape. As you all know, Professor Snape invented it. Why don't you perform it for us all," Professor Flitwick raised his eyebrows.

I gritted my teeth together, I hated being picked out for being my dads child. Of course it wasn't personal, it was more the fact that I would never fully be able to create my own identity. Strangers would always talk about me as Snapes 'daughter'. Which was true of course, however I wanted people to know me for me, not for my relatives.

"Of course, Professor." I said with heavy sarcastic excitement.

I hesitantly pulled out my wand out and aimed it towards a boy named Wayne Hopkins.

"Muff-lee-ah-toe!" I yelled.

The boy was immediately affected as he clutched his ears, unable to hear the gasps from around the room.

As I slumped back down, I couldn't help but glance at Malfoy's pale face, filled with surprised as his mouth shaped into an 'o'.

{}

"Miss Snape, Malfoy, please wait behind." Professor Flitwick demanded as he ruffles some papers.

We each let out annoyed groans as the rest of the students fled out the classroom. Charms club had just ended and I was preparing myself for another lecture from Professor Flitwick, although I wasn't sure as to why Malfoy was there also. He seemed to be surprisingly quiet in Charms.

"Malfoy, although it's the very beginning of the year, due from your lack of effort both last year and this year, you're going to need a tutor." Professor Flitwick rambled, I could already see where this was going, and I was not liking it.
"And Primrose, as you are doing annoyingly great, you are going to be Mr Malfoys tutor." he mumbled reluctantly.

"What?!" we both spat in surprise.

Me because I was actually doing good, and Malfoy either because he was already failing and it was the second day or that I was to be his Charms tutor.

"I know, I know. But unless you want to be paired with a ravenclaw, Malfoy, you and Primrose are to be studying together from now on." He finished as he sauntered back towards the front of the classroom.

"What if I say no?" I questioned curiously.

"Then I shall inform Dumbledore of your lack of participation in this class." Professor Flitwick fought back, not hesitating to scold me.

"Whatever." I groaned as I looked back towards Malfoy face.

"I do not need a Charms tutor." Malfoy gritted his teeth together in anger, professor Flitwick remained calm although you could see the clear outline of fear in his eyes.

"I'm sorry Malfoy, but you do." He ordered.

Without another word I began storming out, but so did Malfoy. We both reached the door at the same time. I inwardly criticised myself for being so bloody awkward. Malfoy groaned, rolling his eyes as he roughly pushed past me and out the door. I grabbed it quickly just before it slammed. Noticing that Malfoy had gone down the left corridor, I began storming down the right one, away from him.

{}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

375 34 5
in which, y/n, is a newly recruited death eater. tasked with taking down dumbledore, stressing along the way. at a death eaters meeting one night, s...
118K 2.9K 94
DISCONTUNED!!!!!!!!! (y/n), a girl with emotion controlled powers, is accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizarding. There, she faced peo...
264 11 18
In the hallowed halls of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, there was a girl who was as mysterious as the Forbidden Forest itself. She was Y...
2.3M 61.2K 59
"Anyone you excited to finally meet?" she asked. "Harry Potter obviously! Then again, my dad does talk about this other boy a lot and from what I've...