Fairy Tail x Reader

By deadpoolxxlux

A safe place to be yourself and fall in love with your favorite characters!!! I will not judge, you will no... More

authors note
Gray x Reader ~ Scars
Natsu x Reader ~ Coma
Loke x Reader ~ Acceptance
Cobra x Reader ~ Connected
~Rogue x Reader x Sting~
I Choose Sting~
I Choose Rouge~
Jellal x Reader ~ Faithful
Laxus x Reader ~ Mistakes
Loke x Reader ~ Celestial Spirit?
Gray x Reader ~ Love of Art
Jackal x Reader ~ Wait For Me
Natsu x Reader ~ Reunion
Gajeel x Reader ~ People Change but Love Doesn't
Mard Geer x Reader ~ Movie Night
Rogue x Reader ~ Crazy, Stupid Love
Natsu x Reader - Soccer Boy
Cobra x Reader - Bullies
Bickslow x Reader - Misconception...
Edolas!Natsu x Reader - Confidence
Romeo x Reader ~ Time
Sting x Reader - Hatred
Rogue x Reader - Wasn't Meant to Be
Lyon x Reader - Oblivious
Gajeel x Reader - Alone
Zeref x Reader - The Beauty in Destruction
Dad!Gray x Mom!Reader - Love Story
Natsu x Reader x Sting
Natsu Ending - Appreciation
Sting Ending - I'm Sorry
Loke x Reader - Trails
Laxus x Reader - It Was Always You
Cobra x Reader - Drug
Gray x Reader - Thank you
Dragon Slayer's x Reader - Mating Season
Laxus Ending - Perfectly Imperfect
Rogue Ending - In Each Other's Presence
Sting Ending - I'm Not Sure
Natsu Ending - I'm Sure
Gray x Reader - A Letter to You
Zeref x Reader - Feared
Natsu x Reader - Soulmate
Cobra x Reader - Drug PT. 2
Lyon x Reader - The Love in Hate
Sting x Reader - Protection
Natsu x Reader - Departure
Sting x Reader - Lingering Eyes

Gajeel Ending - Something Real

6.3K 173 29
By deadpoolxxlux

So sorry I'm late! :(

"So, all I have to do is choose one?" You asked.

"(Y/n), you aren't possibly thinking of actually doing that, right?" Lucy gasped.

"It's the only way guys, to making it easier. I have to choose."

...

Two days, it had been two days and still there was nothing from you. Lucy, Levy, Erza and Mira kept bugging you about the decision ever since you first told them that you were going to decide. But, through the sleepless nights, and drowsy days, you had concluded that you had nothing.

Sure, you weighed out your options, went through each boy one by one, but none of it felt... how would you say this? None of it felt right. And to be honest, you were kind of sick of it. The constant questions, the constant wondering, the constant feeling in your gut that no matter what you did it was going to be wrong. You were on the verge of giving up. It was only one week out of a fifty-two-week year, every year. It couldn't be that bad. Heck, you could just take a mission!

But it felt wrong, not choosing one. They had all given themselves to you and you would just reject them, make them think that none of them were good enough. That was just too mean and against you better judgement.

And to make matters worse, word got out. Somehow, someone heard that you were going to choose. It must have been one of the girls you had talked to; Lucy, Levy, Erza or Mira. They may have gotten impatient and accidently spilt. But that meant that the boys knew that you were going to choose.

The idea of not choosing was the easiest choice, you decided. Well before word got out. Now the five boys were expecting to get chosen. And worse, they were all stuck in the same place together, probably fighting over who will get your pick. You hated just thinking about it.

You weren't the only one that was feeling depressed about your decision to choose one of the boys, Gajeel felt it too. What set him apart from the others were two things. One, he scared you. Gajeel heard nonstop about the other's encounters with you and he knew his dulled in comparison. They already had a head start. But even worse, the other reason he was different, was one you didn't know, he liked you pre-mating week.

Gajeel was almost positive that none of them would have approached you had they not been clouded by hormones. And the idea that you would choose them, when even before hormones Gajeel wanted to approach you, was painful. Extremely painful.

You were pacing in the safe house. Levy was painfully watching out of the corner of her eyes as she pretended to read her book. You were frustrated. New idea's rose and you couldn't shake off the thought of how awkward it would be with all the boys even if you didn't choose. That wasn't something you could hide from in just a week. It would be there every single day. You had to choose!

"Levy, I'm going to go out from so fresh air, clear the mind." You told her as you made way towards the door. Levy opened her mouth to speak but you cut her off, "And yes, if I get a conclusion I will tell you straight away." You smiled and left.

You thought that the fresh air and different environment would help, but it made literally no difference. Nothing changed, you were still stuck. It was like quicksand. The more you thought the more you sunk into a pit of despair and worry. So, against your better judgment, you stopped thinking. It wouldn't solve anything, so, why do it? You adventured through Magnolia, buying and experiencing things here and there. Anything to clear your head.

Gajeel left the guild, this time he knew what he was doing. He had to leave, the way all the others talked about you was driving him insane. They wouldn't shut up about how they were going to get chosen because they were perfect for each other. It made him sick. So, he left the way he left last time, the whole he chewed in one of the metal beams.

He knew what he had to do, he had to find you and admit defeat. He had to tell you that he actually cared and have been for years. He had to tell you and say that it was okay that you didn't choose him, that it made sense. But mostly he had to get it off his chest that he wasn't the one.

And there you were, sat on a bench eating some chips that you had bought earlier. You sat looking at the creek that ran through the park of Magnolia. It wasn't oo far from their first real encounter where he showed her that he wasn't as scary as he looked.

For minutes, Gajeel just stood there. He knew he had to speak to you, but with you actually in front of him, made it a lot harder. He went back and forth on what to say, how to act. But made no progress as he did so.

You heard a large sigh and turned your head to the origin. Gajeel was behind you and he looked quite shocked that you had noticed him. At first you grew scared, he was scary, but your mind replayed the tune of the song he had played for you and all the fear had melted away. You smiled at him.

"Hey Gajeel."

"Hi." The short reply made sense, he looked uncomfortable. You watched him as he battled in his head whether or not to sit down next to you. In the end, he did, which you were glad for. But he sat down on the other side, as far as he could.

"Are you okay?"

"Are you not scared?" Gajeel asked in a rush, probably before what you said had even registered.

"Excuse me?" You were taken back by his question.

"Of me. Aren't you scared of me?" Gajeel asked, this time sadder than before.

"I was, but the song you played me the other day told me otherwise." You smiled at him then turned to look at the sky.

"That's...good." Gajeel was painfully awkward, it had to do with how nervous and on edge the man was. And frankly, it made you uncomfortable.

"Gajeel, what's wrong?" You asked, not removing your gaze from the clouds.

"Nothing's wrong." He lied. You looked back at him.

"Ok then, why are you here?" You stumped him on that question.

"I-I..." He didn't know what to say.

"You came to say something, right?" You asked, it was a shot in the dark but you felt like it was right.

"I mean, yeah, I did but-"

"No but's, Gajeel. Just say it." Your voice was sincere, allowing him to feel like it was okay for him to speak.

"I know about you choosing, everyone knows actually. And I know that I'm not going to be, chosen that is. But I thought you should know that I liked and cared for you before this crazy week happened. I swear it." Gajeel couldn't muster up enough courage to look at you.

Everything became clear.

"Thank you Gajeel." You said before you walked back to the safe house. And for the remaining days of the mating week, you didn't make a decision. What Gajeel told you made you realize that you weren't ready for a whole life of commitment. But what you were ready for was to take a leap of faith.

...

The week was over and you were finally returning to the guild, though now, without any threats, whatsoever. Lucy along with Levy and Erza, were extremely happy that you didn't choose anyone, but were ready to defend you if any of the boys approached you strangely. But you knew they wouldn't, well, Gajeel might.

And that was what you were hoping for.

Gajeel was right, had this week not occurred, none of the others would have paid any attention to you. But now you knew, Gajeel would have and has been.

Lucy opened the doors and the guild let out an enormous cheer from your arrival. You had survived and the guild was very happy for that. Many people came up to you to ask you about who you chose. But with every single question, you politely denied that you chose anyone.

You walked over to Gajeel, who stood amongst the rest, though hidden from you. He looked embarrassed, probably thought he confessed for nothing, but you knew that wasn't the truth.

"Gajeel." He didn't reply. "Again, I wanted to thank you for what you said to me, it really helped." Gajeel didn't like that, he huffed in response before finally saying some words.

"Stop, okay? Just stop telling me that I'm the reason you didn't pick me, or anyone. I don't like it." Gajeel surprised you and you shook your head.

"I might not have chosen you but..." You were cut off.

"But what exactly? What could you possibly need to say after that?" He was angry, but you kept yourself calm.

"But, I still want to try." Gajeel grew more frustrated as he grew more confused.

"Try what! FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, JUST TELL ME!" Gajeel shouted, the guild's heads slowly turned.

"I want to take you on a date."

"WHAT?" The whole guild along with Gajeel said in disbelief. You repeated.

"Will you go on a date with me?" Gajeel was speechless as he grabbed your arm and ushered you out of the guild. Lucy and Erza made a step to stop him but you shook your head. They remained in their seats as you were pulled away. Gajeel walked you out of the guild only to pull you to the side of it, away from wandering eyes and ears.

"What? I-." Gajeel was still stumped, and to help him you explained. You told him that what he said made you realize that none of the moments with any of the guys were real. It was all fake, Gajeel was the only one that was real, the only one that actually cared. But previously you were scared of him, you couldn't just jump into a life time with him, there were too many risks. So, you decided to wait, then date and see where it went from there. Gajeel agreed.

"So, you're giving me a chance?" He asked, looking deeply in your eyes, and hand came up to hold your cheek. You only nodded and focused your eyes on his. Gajeel smirked. "Then how about I pick you up at seven?"

"I'd love that." You said breathlessly as the two of you glanced down at each other's lips. But Gajeel moved away.

"Save it for the date."

...

An entire year had passed ad Gajeel and you were still dating. It had been great of course, no real problems. The two of you loved each other greatly. But for a month, your mind had been a mess, you were way to occupied with the mating week. You didn't know if you should leave for the week or stay, even though Gajeel had yet to mark you.

But Gajeel was sweet and told you to go to Lucy's house for a week-long sleepover. He would remain in the house, away from you until the week ended. It pained him to say that, and it pained you to hear it.

"You ready (Y/n)?" Lucy asked from the door of the apartment Gajeel and you both shared. You were staring at the bag you had packed. Gajeel decided to go out while you packed. It was the first day of the week and everything already felt wrong.

"Yeah!" You called down to her and gave one last look at your shared bedroom. His smelt would be removed for a whole week, his strong and rough but comforting body would leave you every night. Leaving felt wrong.

You sighed and exited the room before leaving the whole apartment, then the building, then you walked to Lucy's apartment. The rest of the day, Lucy spent trying to take your mind off of your boyfriend. And it was going to poorly, she even let you read her novel, which wasn't bad. But nothing, not even that, took your mind off the hole in your heart.

In the middle of the night you had had enough. You rose from the makeshift bed on the couch and left the apartment. You ran over to your own apartment and slammed the door open, not really thinking of what you were doing.

You ran to the bed room and Gajeel was sprawled on the bed, he was on his back, though his legs were at different angles. You stalked over to him and placed yourself in his arms and began to leave butterfly kisses on his neck. The sudden touch woke Gajeel up, though he was still drowsy.

"What.....? (Y/n), what are you doing here?"

"I needed you." You continued with you kisses and soon enough placed your lips on his. He melted into the kiss rather quickly but pulled away when it really hit him.

"You're supposed to be at Lucy's!" Gajeel whisper yelled. Although his words sounded like he didn't want you with him, he wrapped his arms around your torso, so if you did try to leave, you couldn't.

"I'm ready." You whispered.

"Ready for what?" Gajeel held onto you tighter.

"For you to mark me." You kissed him on the neck, right where he's supposed to mark you on your neck.

"Really?" He asked, his breath growing in speed.

"Yes, I love you so much, enough to want you to be mine forever." Gajeel didn't need another word before he flipped you over so that he was on top and marked you.

"I love you too." You heard Gajeel say as you drifted off to sleep.

Sting or Natsu, who do you want next??? Say so in the comments :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 50 11
It's been a while Fairy Tail. But I'm here to contribute to the collection of fanfiction. This is a story that lives with me despite getting over my...
80.6K 1.1K 23
One-shots (or short stories, because they're kinda long!) of all our favorites in Fairy Tail! Requests closed! These are all going to use female pro...
357K 12.1K 106
៚ · 🫧 | 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄́ 𝐃𝐔𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐘 ❪빛❫ ¹ ⤷ ❛ 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑟 𝑟𝑎𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛 ...
487K 14K 182
"rαe ĸιɴɢ ιѕ α ѕweeт ɴαмe, ιѕɴ'т ιт? yeт ѕoυɴdѕ ѕo dαɴɢeroυѕ." After years going on numerous jobs, finally Rae King, the Dark Enchantress is back. Wi...