Life as a Subclass of Greed

By Lady-Mischief

Yaguri Yuna is Lawless' Subclass and the only one that Lawless genuinely cares about. When one of Licht and... More

Beginnings
Her new life
Apperance of a Violent Angel?
New Eve New Predicament
Leads and Control
Omake: Lawless' new name
The Greed Pairs Punishment
Back to Japan
A Boy and his Cat
Sleepy Ash and Trouble Part 2
Omake: How Kisekio knew Yuna's name
The Lust Pair
Mahiru's Lead
Sakuya's Revelation and Yuna's Descision Part 1
Sakuya's Revelation and Yuna's Descision Part 2
Omake: DON'T flirt with Yuna
Recovery and Explanations
Eve of Envy and Letter of Importance
Festival Goes out with a 'Boom!'
Training and Tension
C3
Jin
Return to the Alicein Manor
Tagged~!
Imprisoned Alice
🎃Halloween Special🎃
Omake Nee-chan's Boyfriend?
Unusual Hangout
Shattered Trust
Rampage
Lust, Envy and Love
LOOK AT THIS!! ?
Reunion
Decisions Decisions
Concert Trouble
Kuro and Lawless
Unwanted Memories
Attack
New Story
Meeting Melancholy
Future

Sleepy Ash and Trouble Part 1

5.9K 137 46
By Lady-Mischief

Hooray for fast updates! For the beginning part of this chapter Yuna will refer to Kuro as 'Sleepy Ash' since that's what's she's been told by Lawless.

Also the original chapter was way too long to post all on it's own at once so I decided to split the chapters in two, fear not my dear readers Part 2 is almost done

Enjoy!

"Who are you!? And how'd you get in my house!?" Mahiru demanded grabbing a broom.

Yuna narrowed her eyes at the boy, nose twitching.

Mahiru swung his broom at the boy but the boy disappeared before it could hit him.

Mahiru stared at the spot where he use to be looking stunned while Yuna simply looked up, seeing him in the air.

The bluenette landed between them, looking slightly annoyed.

"What a violent kid...Scary...I can't face you." he said before turning to Yuna.

"Is he always like this?" He asked her.

"To be fair you did break into his apartment." Yuna shrugged.

"What a pain." the bluenette sighed.

"Yuna! Get away from him!" Mahiru swung the broom down again.

But he tripped and fell back, pulling the curtains back and letting sunlight fill the room.

Poof!

A small black cat was in place of the strange boy.

Kuro.

Both brunettes stared at the small cat one in disbelief and the other dumbfounded.

Yuna walked forwards, picking Kuro up (making sure her sleeves covered her arms) and held him in front of her.

'D-Don't tell me he's-!' Yuna realized.

"Y-Yuna...Kuro?...that guy..."

Mahiru quickly closed the curtains.

There was another puff of smoke as the cat in Yuna's arms transformed into the blue haired boy.

In place of fur Yuna was holding onto his forearms.

'He is!' Yuna gulped.

Tired red eyes met with similar eyes.

Lawless had told her of his siblings and what animal they could each transform into.

'Sleepy Ash!' Yuna released his arms and took several steps back. 

Mahiru opened the curtain.

Cat Kuro was back.

He closed the curtain.

Sleepy Ash returned.

Despite the situation Yuna had to stifle a laugh.

Sleepy Ash turned to look at Mahiru with a frown and a slight glare.

"What are you doing? I can't face the light at all." Sleepy Ash sighed tiredly.

'Ohhhh if Lawless ever finds out about this he'll drag me back home with him!'

"Wh-What are you!?" Mahiru points at him.

"Me?" Sleepy Ash asked looking down at himself before looking at the two of them. "Just a kind-hearted, vampire shut-in..."

Mahiru looked at him in disbelief before grabbing Sleepy Ash by the coat tails and dragged him towards the window.

"I'll toss you out the window!"

"Wait! I'm a vampire. Don't throw me out in the sun!" Sleepy Ash began to press his weight against the floor causing Mahiru to struggle. "I'll die! I'll die! Well technically I'm immortal, but I'll die!"

Yuna sweat dropped. THIS was the oldest of the Servamp siblings?

"Humans are so cruel." Sleepy Ash glanced back at Mahiru.

"Shut up evil spirit!" Mahiru yelled.

"Vampire...?" Mahiru released Sleepy Ash's coat tails "Are you that street slasher!?" Stepping away from the Servamp Mahiru grabbed the broom again.

"Are you planning on to attack us and drink our blood!?"

'He can try.' Yuna thought discreetly flexing her fingers but she had a feeling Sleepy Ash wouldn't.

Sleepy Ash looked at Mahiru with confusion and looking a little dumbfounded "Huh? Why would I do something so troublesome? What a pain." rubbing the back of his head the Servamp looked away from Mahiru.

"Have you been told you're way too self-conscious? Who'd attack a guy like you?"

Yuna laughed at Mahiru's slightly offended look.

Sleepy Ash glanced at her then at Mahiru. "There's a chance that she could be attacked... but no one would attack you."

Yuna simply shrugged looking nonchalant.

She could defend herself just fine thank you very much.

"You should attack! You're a vampire!"

"Mahiru...do you want to be attacked by a vampire?"

"Don't say that so easily. Doing that's a crime."

"You're a vampire aren't you!?"

"Putting that aside." Sleepy Ash waved him off "I'm thirsty and tired. Can you make me some tea?" He then turned to Yuna.

"Can you pet me again?"

Yuna shrugged and walked towards Sleepy Ash and sat down next to him and began to run her fingers through his hair.

Lawless would ask her to do the same thing no matter what form he was in so Yuna didn't find it weird.

Sleepy Ash sighed in bliss, nuzzling his head into her hand.

"Argh! I don't know where I should start with you!" Mahiru shouted at him.

Sleepy Ash opened his eyes. "Well don't get so angry, I'll leave when it gets dark out." he turned away and focused on Yuna's petting.

"For now, don't say my name while I'm in this form. The both of you." the bluenette informed.

"Huh!? We don't even know what your name is!" Mahiru replied "I thought you were a cat so-"

"Mahiru wait!"

"I named you 'Kuro'...!"

'Oh geeze.' Yuna covered her eyes with her arm.

A flash of blue light appeared, forming a ring and two aura like chains. One circled around a shocked Mahiru's wrist and the other was connected to an annoyed looking Sleepy Ash by the neck like a collar.

Just as quickly as it came the light the vanished.

'And I have just witnessed a contract being formed right before my eyes.' Yuna lowered her arm.

"You're so stupid I could die..." Sleepy Ash sighed.

"You okay Mahiru?" Yuna asked.

"Y-Yeah, just-" Mahiru quickly grabbed Sleepy Ash by the collar and started to vigorously shake him.

"I'd like to know what the hell was that just now!?"

'Poor Sleepy Ash.' Yuna thought 'Actually, I should probably start calling him 'Kuro' from now on.'

"What a pain." lazily replied Kuro not as all bothered by Mahiru's vigorous shaking.

"Stop being so lazy and explain!" Mahiru yelled.

"Explaining is such a pain." Kuro said not affected by Mahiru's yells.

"Do it now! And do it simply!"

"You have so many complaints. Well at the very least, I can tell you this..." Kuro looks at him with a bored expression.

"You, and I would die before getting along."

Yuna laughed at that.

"That's funny, I was just thinking the same thing!" A tick mark appeared on Mahiru's cheek.

That just made Yuna laugh harder, wrapping her arms around her stomach.

"If I knew this would have happened today I would have preferred to make a contract with her." Kuro tilted his head towards Yuna.

"She's way nicer then you."

"What's that suppose to mean!?"

~ooOoo~

"So, what are you now? Some kind of Vampire pet? Pet Vampire?" Mahiru asked vacuuming Kuro's mess.

"How do I explain it... the person I make an contract with gives me their blood, and even though it's a pain in the ass, I do whatever they order me to. I can only have a contract with that person, no one else." Kuro explained.

"We have a name, too, but there's really no point in telling you both." He added munching on some potato chips.

"I don't really get it, but don't roll around like that!" Mahiru yelled, seeing the mess Kuro was making.

They have opposite personalities from each other Yuna couldn't help but notice.

'At least it's not as bad as Licht and Lawless.' she shuddered remembering their fights.

"It can't be that the thing that just happened between us was the contract..." Mahiru frowned.

"No," Kuro told him sitting up "That was just a temporary contract." he explained holding his golden bell.

'That must be his item.' Yuna guessed. It transformed from a collar to a chain connected to the bell.

"Temporary?" Mahiru asked.

"As long as I don't drink your blood in the next 24 hours, it'll automatically get cancelled." Kuro said eating more of his chips.

"Twenty-four hours? Then..." Mahiru grabs chibi Kuro, before he switched into his cat form, and brought him over to the front door.

"Hurry up and go wherever you want." Mahiru sets Kuro outside and closed the door.

Mahiru dusted his hands off before noticing the look on Yuna's face.

"What?"

"If the two of you are temporarily contracted wouldn't that mean you guys-"

The blue light from before appeared again on Mahiru's wrist and yanked him backwards towards the door were Kuro was.

Yuna sweat dropped, stepping over Mahiru's body she made her way to the front door and opened it.

Kuro was still there.

"You could have warned him about the distance limit, you know."

"I didn't think he'd kick an adorable cat like me out." the feline replied walking back inside the apartment.

He stopped by Mahiru who was still groaning in pain.

"There you go. Until the contract is canceled, you and I can only be a certain distance apart." Kuro said before he looked away with an annoyed expression.

"I have to be with a guy like this for 24 hours? What a pain..." he mumbled walking towards Yuna.

"Pet me." the cat childishly demanded pawing at her legs.

~ooOoo~

"Quit making a mess on the floor!" Mahiru pressed the vacuum against Kuro in an attempt to clean him making him cry out.

"You're so abusive towards cute pets! I'd like yo see your parents' face!" Kuro said, a tick mark on his cheek.

Yuna saw Mahiru pull back slightly, face changing.

"Come to think of it, where are your parents?"

Mahiru's pulled away from Kuro eyes narrowed yet his face was blank.

"My mom... died a long time ago in an accident."

Mahiru began to tell the both of them how none of his relatives wanted the trouble of taking him in and kept saying 'how they couldn't' or 'who will?'

'Humans can be unbelievable.' Yuna glared at the floor, ice beginning to form on her fingers before she made it disappear.

"If my Uncle wasn't there, I would have probably..."

Yuna shifted and tugged on her hood.

"Oh that's why you felt sorry and decided to pick up a dirty cat like me." Kuro said.

"Your so stupid it's gotten troublesome now." He sighed.

"The source of my troubles shouldn't talk!" Mahiru yelled.

Then Mahiru checked the time and realized something.

"Crap! I have to go meet up with my friends to shop for things." He said getting ready.

"No way. No way. Turned them down." Kuro waved at him.

"We can't be separate more than certain distance-"

Mahiru ignored his complains "Then you should just come along with me!" He said picking him up.

"Yuna, let's go."

"Me?" Yuna pointed to herself.

"Yeah. I want you to meet my friends."

'But the sun...' Yuna glanced at the window.

The sun was beginning to set so Yuna would be safe outside but she still felt a little uneasy.

"Stop I can't face the sunlight!" Kuro wiggled in Mahiru's arms.

Sighing, Yuna gently plucked him from Mahiru's arms and placed him inside her hood.

"There. Now you won't have to worry about the sun anymore." Yuna smiled scratching his chin.

Kuro snuggled into her hood in relief.

"Don't worry about it." Mahiru waved "It's getting dark soon."

"What a pain." Kuro muttered not liking the fact that he still had to stay out in the sun.

The three of began to walk down the stairs.

Yuna was distracted by Kuro's fur tickling her neck that she didn't hear the sound of glass breaking.

~ooOoo~

"Like I said, it's just like Sakuya said!" Mahiru was saying to his friends, having grabbed Kuro from Yuna's hood.

One was a tall boy with brown hair and brown eyes and the other had blonde hair held back with a red headband and gray eyes.

"That rumors about vampires is true! This thing is a vampire! Right Yuna?!" Yuna jumped in surprise as all their attention turned to her.

"Who is she anyways?" The blonde asked.

"I just recently moved in where Mahiru lives. That's how we met." she said giving a simple explanation.

"Nice to meet you." the tall brunette smiled "I'm Koyuki and this is Ryuu-chan." he said pointing to the blonde.

"I go by Ryusei actually."

"Guys!" Mahiru yelled.

"Sorry!" Koyuki apologized.

"Yuna you agree with me right!? Kuro's a vampire!"

"Well...I-uh..." Yuna looked away tugging on her hood.

What was she suppose to say? 'Yeah Kuro's a vampire and I also happen to be one!?' This is getting difficult.

"Argh! Where's Sakuya!?" Mahiru huffed. "He'd totally be over this!"

'Sakuya...' Yuna thought in suprise.

"Ohhh I know that place. Mahiru lives there too."

'I forgot that Sakuya told me about him.'

"Um... Mahiru..." Koyuki began unsurely.

"That's a cat. You know that, right?" Ryusei finished Koyuki's sentence.

"No! He turns into a human! Kuro!" Mahiru began to shake Kuro.

"Turn into a human! Don't stay silent!" He yelled.

"The sun's still out, he can't." Yuna whispered to him.

~ooOoo~

Mahiru started getting frustrated at Kuro's lack of cooperation.

He then noticed the windows of a nearby shop and remembering Kuro's reflection from before he quickly walk towards it, intent on proving his point to his friends.

Brown eyes widened when they caught sight of a strange looking shadow standing on top of one of the buildings from behind him.

Then the shadow jumped.

~ooOoo~

A stranger dressed in a white suit with pink hair in a ponytail appeared in front of all of them.

Yuna immediately felt herself shudder.

There's something off about him like the time she met Sakuya except it was worse with this man.

"Hello! Hello! Students! If your going to go down the worthless path of youth," the strange man announced with a wide smile.

The man took his hat off and pulled out three swords "Why not see my show?"

People gasped and cheered in awe.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for the applause!"

'I have a bad feeling about this.' Yuna tensed.

"Amazing! Magic? A street performance!?" Koyuki gasped clapping his hands together on excitement.

"Forget about something like magic tricks. Let's go." Ryusei said, walking off.

A hand grabbed his shoulder.

"Hey you!" It was the magician man.

"Huh? What is it?" Ryusei asked.

The man turned back towards the crowed, grin still in place but there was a hint of annoyance in his face.

"Now, here's a question for you! Why do you think I stopped this guy?" He asked the crowd.

A.) Because he ignored me.

B.) Because he cut in front of me.

C.) Because I'm hungry.

D.) Because he ignored me.

His voice suddenly became more sinister.

Yuna's eyes widened and she began to run forwards.

"Ryusei get away!" She reached her hand out.

But she was too late.

"The answer is-" the pink haired man opening his mouth revealing his fangs before plunging them into Ryusei's neck.

Blood immediately spurted out  from the blondes' neck.

Yuna came to an abrupt halt as Ryusei's blood poured into the ground.

This man was a subclass just like her!

Spectators screamed in terror before running away.

"All of the above! Die, idiot! I'll kill you if you ignore me!"

The subclass released Ryusei as he jumped towards the lamp post.

Yuna caught Ryusei and gently lowered him onto the ground. Mahiru and Koyuki came rushing towards them.

"Ryusei!"

"Ryu-chan!"

Mahiru gently held him with Koyuki sitting near.

Ryusei was still alive but unconscious, the blood had stopped leaving behind a large wound.

"The crowd always gets more excited about this than they do magic!" They heard the subclass from above them.

Yuna growled, pupils narrowing into slits.

The subclass was grinning, swinging off the light post with his legs.

"That's because vampires are rarer than magician, right?!" He laughed.

"You're a vampire?!" Mahiru shouted.

"That's right! You picked one up yesterday didn't you? And you also befriended one right?" The subclass asked.

"How did he know?" Yuna mumbled.

"What do you want!?" She demanded.

And which Servamp did he belong to?

Done!

Don't worry Part 2's almost ready.

Yuna's pairing results so far;

Misono: 1

Tetsu: 2

Mystery character (he'll be introduced next chapter): 0

Don't forget to comment~!

Sayonara~!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.6K 2.2K 29
SERVAMP FANFIC ---------- (Y/n)... She takes risks to prevent the likelihood of being thrown back on the unwelcoming, grimy streets with her younger...
1.9K 10 34
After the war between the 7 Servamps and the 8 Servamp, Tsubaki left town everything went peacefully, well not so peaceful. When everythings going w...
7.1K 220 20
(My friend will continue this story for me) The eves have encountered a new enemy but this new threat is beyond their power especially if it can beat...
5.3K 173 60
This is a sequel to my other yyh fanfic book 'A Warm Compassion'. The Next Generation of Team Urameshi's family group. Please read that first before...