A Very Unlikely Tale // Loki

By Written_at_Wrandom

Loki, after helping Thor fight against the Dark Elves, is thrown back into his cell. However, peace on Asga... More

Intro: you're gonna get confused if you skip
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue.
Outro: announcements and future plans
Hello Again

Chapter 20

6K 345 241
By Written_at_Wrandom

   I open my eyes and stretch, my leg brushing whoever is sleeping next to me.  My eyes widen and I look over at the still-sleeping Loki, whose arm is draped lazily over my stomach. 

I hold my breath as I slowly climb out of bed, laying his arm gently down on the mattress.  He stirs slightly but does not wake and I let out a quiet sigh of relief.

I recall the events of last night and immediately the blood creeps up to my cheeks, settling in pools of scarlet.  That kiss was something else.  I'd been kissed before of course, but never like that. His lips were full of Thank You's and of apologies, of questions and answers. He put everything he wanted to say to me into that one gentle moment, and I made sure to include my response. After we broke apart we just looked at each other for a while, him taking a curled strand of my hair in between his fingers. I jokingly returned the gesture, twirling a ebony section of his own hair around my knuckles.

He read to me, and I recited a fairytale to him. We talked until I fell asleep, my last memory one of Loki humming what I assume is an Asgardian lullaby. I never knew he had such a lovely voice.

It was so simple, so easy. There was no push to go any further, and that made it more intimate than I could have imagined.

The door creaks open and Thor steps in about to say something. He changes his mind as he sees me in Loki's clothes, his brother asleep on the bed, and my dress in a crumpled heap on the floor.

He eyes me and smiles suggestively, one eyebrow raised in a question both silent and as loud as if he had shouted it.

I stammer, "W-We didn't-"

He laughs boisterously, "No? I had hoped you had, Lady Flora. My brother can be quite persuasive. How did you resist him?"

My mouth opens and closes like a fish out of water.

"I did not ask her, Thor." Loki sits up, groaning, apparently woken up by the intrusion. "Exactly what are you doing here, you big oaf."

Thor laughs once again, "The Lady Flora was not in her chambers. I thought she may be here."

I am finally able to speak, "Welp. Here I am. What do you want."

"Father asked me to tell you that your official job as Loki's handler begins today. From now on your duties include escorting him around the grounds of the palace, attending meetings, and making sure he stays out of trouble." Thor smiles at me and I see Loki roll his eyes.

I salute him mockingly and return the grin, "Sir, yes sir!"

Thor chuckles once again and makes his way out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

"Good-morning, Flower." Loki addresses me quietly.

"Good-morning, Sunshine." I respond. "I'm going to go get changed, Ida must be wondering where I've gotten off to."

He nods, "I shall also get dressed. Keep the clothes. They look good on you."

I turn and leave before he can see me blush again.

Damn him. With his words and his face.

I enter my own chambers to see Ida pulling a lavender day-dress from the wardrobe.

"Flora! There you are! The Prince Thor just told me you were with Prince Loki!" She says hurriedly.

I roll my eyes, "Yes, I was. We didn't do anything."

Her eyes widen, a hint of a smile playing on her lips, "Of course not!"

Great.

She helps me change out of the clothes Loki gave to me and draws a bath, filling it with warm water and something that smells like roses.  After she's satisfied she helps me into the lovely dress she's chosen and ties my hair back in a neat and simple style.  I thank her and exit the room, pausing at the door.

"Ida, whenever you'd like a day or two off, let me know.  You work so hard and you're here so often.  I want you to be able to enjoy yourself." I smile at the girl, who is stunned by the offer.

"T-Thank you, Flora." She curtsies smiles back at me timidly, "Would tomorrow be acceptable? It is my mother's birthday and I-"

"Of course, Ida.  Enjoy yourself." I say encouragingly.

She smiles once again and I step out into the hall, knocking on Loki's door to let him know I'm ready. 

"About time." He says as he opens the door, "Girls take so long to get ready."

I roll my eyes, "We also bathe regularly."

"As I've told you before, dear Flower, my cleanliness is perfectly adequate." He retorts.

I laugh and ask him where he wants to go.

"Well, I'm practically starving.  Let's go to breakfast." Loki says smartly.

"Oh yeah. Breakfast." I had completely forgotten that food was a thing that existed.

My stomach rumbles.

I hear the man beside me laugh.  He extends his arm, "Shall we, Lady Flora?"

I wrap my arm around his, "Sure, Sunshine.  Whatever you say."

We make our way arm-in-arm to the throne room.  The walk itself was pretty uneventful.  I tried to make Loki skip with me 'Wizard of Oz' style, and he only resulted in making the all too familiar facial expression where he's suppressing a laugh and is glaring at me at the same time.  You know, the constipated looking one. 

We end up picking a topic to debate and are arguing at the proper pronunciation of 'pecan' as we enter through the large golden doors.

"Ugh. Loki you disgust me. It's pronounced 'PEE-CAN.'" I say seriously.

"No, Flower.  It is pronounced 'Peh-Cahn.'" He argues back.

Odin eyes us, an amused expression on his face.

Thor, who I'm not even sure knows what a pecan is, says, "I agree with the Lady Flora."

Hogun nods in agreement.

I acknowledge the warriors and Sif with a smile. 

"I side with Loki." Fandral chimes in, patting a seat beside him for Loki to take.

I sit across from the two, "You're both deranged then." I say jokingly.

"Perhaps you are both wrong." I hear Volstagg say to my right, "Perhaps it should be 'Pee-Cahn."

Sif laughs from my left, "'Peh-Can.' Perhaps?"

We all laugh and continue mock-arguing until the food is brought,  Loki and I continue the argument by kicking each other under the table and random intervals.

"How was your night, Loki." Odom inquires.

"I slept very w- OW!" Loki yelps as he receives a well placed kick to the shin.

Odin raises an eyebrow and I can not help but laugh, "I apologize, your Majesty, I couldn't help myself."

Thor laughs along, "Loki started it, Father."

Loki rolls his eyes and glares at me sarcastically, "Why are you so childish, Flower?"

Odin turns to look at me, "Flower?"

I grin at him, "You should hear my nickname for Loki."

Loki interjects before I can say anymore, "I call her Flower because that's what her name means in another language.  Her name for me is nothing but a demeaning insult."

I fight the impulse to stick out my tongue, "Not at all, Loki!" I widen my eyes in an attempt to look innocent in all of this, "I call you Sunshine because you brighten up my day!"

There is boisterous laughter from the table and Fandral nearly chokes on his drink. Odin chuckles along, surprising me a little.

Thor claps Loki on the shoulder, nearly making him buckle under the force, "I shall have to remember that term of endearment, brother."

Loki glares at me, "You are in so much trouble, Flower."

I smirk, "If you would rather I stick to translations I would be happy to oblige."

He eyes me warily, "What exactly do you mean?"

I grin so widely it feels as though my mouth may get stuck that way, "Well, how about I make a list?" I begin to count on my fingers, "In Finnish, your name means 'log,' or 'seagull' if you add an extra 'k,' in Icelandic, it means 'valve,' in Basque, 'binder,' in Polish, 'curls,'..." I go on, listing as many translations as I can, earning a chuckle or two here and there, "...but my favorite, dear Loki, is what your name means in Latvian."

He sighs, "Do tell."

"In Latvian, 'loki' means 'spring onions.'"

My statement is met with uproarious laughter.

Loki arches an eyebrow and stares at me until he has to blink, a small smile playing around the corners of his mouth.

"...I do believe I prefer Sunshine, Flower."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.6K 1.6K 11
LOKI X READER - A SLOW-BURN ROMANCE & DARK FANTASY CHARACTER-DRIVEN STORY - COMPLETED You and your family are unexpectedly invited to a celebratory f...
355K 10.4K 55
"Nice to see you again, darling.", he smirked at her, tracing his index finger along her jawline. "Shut up, Laufeyson.", the young lady snapped back...
544K 24.5K 42
' She breathed in deeply, picking up on a faint and fresh scent of mint on him. "Even if it's only me, is that enough for you?" Loki purred with a kn...
40.2K 886 11
Life as the Princess of Asgard can be quite challenging, especially when you are expected to behave ladylike.But Tyara has never been the one for suc...