when you smile {philip hamilt...

By cupcakelover4488

In the beginning, everything seemed perfect. (Y/n) Eacker went through her days with jubilance and no regret... More

a c q u a i n t a n c e s
c o r r e s p o n d a n c e s
g r e e t i n g s
e n a m o r s
f r i e n d s h i p s
g a l l e d
lafayeet x reader book
h e l p
i n q u i r i e s
1 7 9 9
s u n s h i n e
s t a r s
s k i e s
s t o r m s
q & a ?
s p i n n i n g pt. 1
s p i n n i n g pt. 2
s i l h o u e t t e s
s i n n e r s
1 8 0 0
j a b s [MID-EDIT]
t r a d e g i e s
k i l l
I'M BACK BABY (announcement)

b r u i s e s

6.9K 238 845
By cupcakelover4488

Angie's Pov

Philips face still held the flustered look it had when (Y/n) turned around and walked down the cobblestone sidewalk.

He looked down, baffled at what had just happened. He wasn't used to her kind of response towards him. I know because I'm always with him when he talks to a different girl each day.

"So, what did it feel like to be rejected for the first time?" I smirked.

He looked up and faced me. But I noticed his eyes were slightly red and puffy. Had been crying this whole time? My smirk turned into a frown. Honestly, I was a little concerned.

"Ha!" He scoffed. "I've been rejected before Angie,"

"Really?!" I said sarcastically. Philip just rolled his eyes. "Wait, so then why were you crying if you've been rejected before. All you do is move onto the next girl that walks by. So what's so different about her that made you cry?"

"First of all, I wasn't crying,"

"Yes, you were." I interrupted him

"No, I wasn't"

"Yes, you were."

"Whatever," Phillip said crossing his arms. We walked in silence for a minute until I decided to exasperate him one last time.

"Yes, you were," I whispered but just loud enough so he could hear.

"Angie!" Phillip exclaimed with a bit of frustration in his voice. I put my hands up in surrender.

"Okay, Okay, I'll stop."

"Finally, thank you," Philip said dramatically.

"I still can't believe I made a friend today," I said smiling at the parchment paper that (Y/n) gave me with her address written in perfect cursive handwriting.

"Ha, yes I can't believe it either," Philip said smirking.

I rolled my eyes and nudged him in the side with my elbow, laughing.

"Wait, did you ever get her name?" Philip asked curiously.

"Yes, I did get her name."

"Then how come I didn't?" Philip asked confused. I shook my head slightly at his dumbfoundedness. Even though Philip was very intelligent, he could be stupid sometimes.

"She's smart and isn't going to fall for you and your flirtatious demeanor as quickly as the other girls are going to." Philip rolled his eyes and hesitantly looked at me.

"Um, what is her name?"

"Hmm," I began sarcastically, tilting my head and looking up. "I don't know if I should tell you. She didn't seem very interested in you."

"But I'm interested in her!" Philip pleaded. I looked at him a giggled. He looked stressed over (Y/n).

"I'll think about it."

"Aw come on Ang, ple-"

"I didn't say no, I said I'll think about it," I said cutting him off.

Philip sighed. "Okay. I'll find out eventually,"

"No, you won't," I scoffed.

"Try me," Philip said.

Philip and I both stopped in the middle of the sidewalk.

Before we knew it, we were home. I couldn't wait to tell mama and papa about today. I ran up the pathway and stepped onto the front porch where I didn't bother to knock. I live here after all.

I opened the door and walked in, Philip followed behind me and shut the door once we were both inside. The smell of tomato soup filled my nose as the warm air welcomed me.

"Mama, guess what!" I exclaimed as I ran through the living room and into the dining room where I saw my mother setting up the dinner table. She looked at me in surprise as I burst into the dining room.

"Angie don't do that. You scared me half to death," Mama said placing a hand on her chest dramatically.

"I'm sorry mama, but it's just that I had a great day today," I said with joy. Mama raised her eyebrow.

"Did you meet a boy?" Mama said smirking playfully. I crinkled my nose and the question, making mama laugh.

"Ew no, mama! But I did make a friend," I said smiling.

Mama's smirk changed into a smile.

"Well, how about you get all of your siblings downstairs and we'll talk about it over dinner," Mama said as she finished setting up the table.

"Okay!" I said as a turned around and raced up the stairs to get my younger siblings.

After I got everyone down, I realized that I forgot someone. Papa.

Even though I knew I would be disturbing him, I still wanted him to come down and eat with us like a real family.

With me being his eldest daughter (and favorite child), I wouldn't need to knock on the door of his study. But, that was before he published The Reynolds Pamphlet. That was before he broke our family name. That was before he put his reputation before his family.

I slowly opened the door and saw my father writing like always. He was too engrossed in his writing that he wasn't able to hear me open the door.

"P-papa?" I asked hesitantly. I know that he would know it was me by how I call him papa. Philip calls him pops, and James, Will, Alex, and John all called him father.

Ever since The Reynolds Pamphlet was published, I haven't seen papa. At first, I was mad at him for destroying our family, especially my mother. As months went on, I learned to forgive him. But he didn't come out of his study to face us, or spend time with us, or even eat dinner with us and Philip would always bring dinner to him. I decided then and there that if he wasn't going to make the effort to spend time and talk with his family, then I wouldn't make the effort to talk to him.

Papa looked up from his writing and I heard his breath hitch. He set down his quill before turning around to see me.

His eyes were wide and started to brim with tears. The dim candle illuminated papa's facial features perfectly. I could clearly see the purple bags under his eyes from spending sleepless nights writing. I looked down at the floor, seeing the cold hardwood floors that I heard papa pace on every night. I looked back up, tears now staring to brim my eyes, and looked at him.

"Angie..." I heard him whisper under his breath.

I looked back down in shame for not speaking to him for almost seven months. I started to cry silently. I hear papa get out of his chair and walk towards me. I still don't look up at him. Then I feel a tight embrace around my shoulders, pulling me closer. I rested my head on his shoulder and hugged him back.

"I-I'm so sorry for avoiding you, papa."

"Shh, shh. I know. I-I'm sorry for avoiding you, and this family." He said holding my head.

I look at him and smile slightly, building up the courage to ask him if he would join us for dinner. I pull away and wipe my eyes on the sleeve of my dress.

"C-could you join us for dinner? Please?" I ask him. His smile turns into a slight frown.

"I'm sorry my darling, but I have wor-" He began to say but I cut him off before he could finish. Something I would never dare do.

"Papa, please. I think it's time that kids know that you're still alive. And plus, I have to tell all of you about the amazing day I had."

Papa let out a slight chuckle and smiled, raising and eyebrow in the process.

"Oh, do you now?"

I nodded my head, "Yes I do. Now come down before mama yells at me for taking to long."

I opened the door and walked out, walking down the hallway before looking back to see if papa had followed suit. He followed behind me, looking around hesitantly.

We walked down the stairs and into the dining room where everyone was already seated. As we opened the dining room door, all eyes were on us as we took out seats.

"Oh. Hello, Alexander," Mama said coldly. He cringed back in fear and shame before regaining the little amount of dignity he had at that moment and sat up straight.

• • •

Dinner was quiet until mama set down her spoon and looked up me.

"So, Angie, would you like to tell us about your day today?"

I shot up in excitement and put down my spoon.

"I made a friend today," I said proudly. Papa cocked his eyebrow and smirked at me like mama did earlier.

"Was it perhaps a boy?" Papa asked. I groaned and Philip basically choked on his soup laughing at what papa said.

"HA, in her dreams!" Philip said. I kicked him from under the table and shot him a glare which shut him up. He looked at me and glared back.

"Philip, don't interrupt," Mama warned.

"Yes, Ma," Philip said still looking at me.

"No, papa it was not a boy."

"Well if it wasn't a boy, then who was it," Mama said.

I looked at Philip straight in the eyes, "Her name is (Y/n)."

"Does this (Y/n) have a last name?" Papa inquired.

" I assume she does, but I don't know it," I said looking down.

"How did you meet her?" asked Mama.

"I met her while in the ribbon shop looking at ribbons for the upcoming Spring's Ball. She helped me pick out this beautiful ribbon that was just perfect."

Mama looked at Philip. "I thought Philip was supposed to help you pick out a ribbon?"

"Oh he was helping me," I said. Philip let out a small sigh of relief. I continued on, "Until he started complaining to me and acting like a complete two-year-old." Philip looked at me with wide eyes and vigorously shook his head.

"He kept on asking if he could go look at other shops and by other shops, I mean other girls to please him and his needs."

I looked at Philip with a devilish smile as he looked back at me wide-eyed and started sweating nervously. Mama and papa's eyes also widened and turned towards Philip.

"Philip Hamilton! What did I tell you about that." Mama exclaimed. Philip shrank back in fear.

"I'm sorry Ma, I couldn't help it. I mean, ribbon shopping is so boring." Philip said. Mama sighed shook her head, continuing to eat.

After dinner was over, Papa helped Mama clean up. I thought I heard them talking in the kitchen but, maybe I was just hearing things. I ran up to my room and put on my nightgown to retire for the night. But before I got into bed, I wrote a letter to (Y/n).

When I finally finished writing, I sealed the letter and put it on my night stand to remind me to mail it out the next morning.

I got into bed and pulled the sheets over me. I blew out the candle on my nightstand. Today was a good day, I thought before I closed my eyes drifted off into sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.6K 787 21
~modern au with philip hamilton & theodosia burr. ~ A story of two childhood best friends separated after an interesting turn of events. The kids are...
454 10 16
Philip Hamilton has been going to school for years with this boy named George Eacker. They have hated each other but in middle school something chang...
358K 9.8K 25
"Hamilton." "Jefferson." ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Y/n and Philip were born to hate each other. She was a Jefferson and he was a Hamilton. Th...
187 21 33
After Thomas' family died, before he left for France during the Revolutionary War, he never allowed himself to grow close with anyone. But living in...