I Love To Hate You

By Robyn-Jay

Elyon Baker has it tough. She lives alone in a crappy apartment for reasons even she doesn't like to think ab... More

Chapter 1: "Is it national 'hate' day?"
Chapter 2: "Sometimes, I really do love this job."
Chapter 3: "It's gonna cost him."
Chapter 4: "Whatever, the punch was good."
Chapter 5: "Is he killing her in there?"
Chapter 6: "Glad u didn't have to break some poor guys balls Little E."
Chapter 7: "They have some issues in the bedroom department."
Chapter 8: "What is with everyone going all 'Hulk' on my ass lately?"
Chapter 9: "Little annoying freak of a man boob!"
Chapter 10:"They were enacting a Cinderella porno."
Chapter 11: "I feel like something really bad is about to happen."
Chapter 12: "In your face muscle man!"
Chapter 13: "A way to shave every hair from his body and sell it all on EBay!"
Chapter 14: "Whoever this guy is, he must be related to the exorcist."
Chapter 15: "I was in the bad boys den."
Chapter 16:"I'm all for the clown! He could do some crazy shit in the sack."
Chapter 17: "Swap his shampoo for hair removal cream."
Chapter 18: "Did you just compare me to mouldy cheese?"
Chapter 19: "Every Fucker for themselves."
Chapter 20: "He's on his period right now."
Chapter 21: "I guess it's herpes roulette now."
Chapter 22: "You look like you just got into a fight with a twister mat."
Chapter 23: "Why is there a Gremlin casually lying on me?"
Chapter 25: "Dude! Stop feeling me up under the table!"
Chapter 26: "If you're a girl, you should only eat dust."
Chapter 27: "I'm channelling my inner Jaden."
Chapter 28: "Don't be fooled, she could have hidden the body in the lift."
Chapter 29: "I am Jack! Captain Jack Sparrow!"
Extra Chapter: "A banging headache and a weird craving for cheese." (Noah.)
Chapter 30: "Drops her underwear so fast they would hit China."
Chapter 31: "She was looking at me like I was her next kill."
Chapter 32: "That knee deep instinct to boot him in the balls."
Chapter 33: "I'm not talking about a hooker dress and giving you a pole."
Chapter 34: "These fucking jeans are giving me a killer rash."
Chapter 35: "I'll make sure you have small children!"
Chapter 36: "I look like I'm a prostitute on a bender!"
Chapter 37: "You may have no reproductive organs."
Chapter 38: "Don't make me do the airplane noises."
Chapter 39: "Seriously, the girl snores like a horny bear."
Chapter 40: "Grate her face off with a cheese grater."
Chapter 41: "God chose me to repopulate the world with my awesomeness."
Chapter 42: "Everyone has their own scapegoat."
Chapter 43: "The level of awkwardness is enough to shrink my balls."
Chapter 45: "I will shove this very high heel up your whorey ass."
Chapter 46: "I still hate him. I just love doing it."
Chapter 47: "My mouth feels like a piece of sandpaper."
Epilogue: "Ha fucking ha."
Extra Chapter.

Chapter 44: "You smile like a five year old meeting Barney."

11.4K 439 96
By Robyn-Jay

And just like that the weeks drew in. A silent routine was developed that we followed unknowingly each day. Noah had started to stay over at Lily’s throughout the week and I slept in his room, at the weekends he and Lily would return to the apartment and I would sleep on the couch. Well, I was supposed to sleep on the couch. I almost always ended up in Jaden’s bed with him on those days.

The next morning no one would speak about it.

All we did was sleep, but it was still something none of us felt needed to be brought up: yet. There were more important things going on.

Like school.

No more ditching; I put my foot down. Exams were also drawing nearer and I absolutely would not allow myself to get anything below a B. And since Jaden didn’t want me to be alone for more than was necessary the guys stayed in school too.

I felt a little smug about that. 

Dave still hadn’t contacted me and my worry about him was near my boiling point, I called Tim every day to ask if he had heard from him yet. I always got the same answer.

Cassidy also hadn’t been in school lately, I took that as both a good sign and I dangerous one. Something felt wrong about not seeing her damaging glare each day.

Then there was my latest worry.

The stupid ass wedding I was forced into agreeing to go to. Lily was excited though, she was dying to get her hands on my hair again apparently.

In fact, that’s what she was rattling on about a moment ago when I tuned her out. We were in the living room of the apartment, the two of us tucked on the couch a half-eaten pizza box on the coffee table between us.

The guys were all out for a change, family stuff or something. Again, I tuned out.

“Elyon? Sheesh, are you even listening? This wedding is tomorrow and you haven’t even decided on what colour of nail varnish to wear.” Lily whined tugging on the sleeve of my t-shirt to get my wavering attention.

Oh God, did she just say nail varnish?

“Lil, listen to me. I am not wearing nail varnish, nor am I wearing fake eyelashes!” I said turning in my seat to give her a determined stare. She pursed her lips in return.

“Fine, but when you meet one of his ex’s at this party and she is a complete babe you better not complain.” Lily said crossing her arms over her chest and I had to glare at her.

She wasn’t even subtle in her sly comments anymore.

“Good, I’d hope he had some taste in woman. Exactly why he wouldn’t go for me and I for him.” I said this, but inside I was picturing some super model with her hands touching Jaden in ways that I never would. My stomach knotted uncomfortably.

Lily gave me a knowing look, again this had become too common for my liking.

“The two of you are so stubborn.” She muttered shaking her head. I chose to ignore her, instead choosing to look at my phone. My brand new, state of the art, smart phone that Jaden gave me exactly two hours after smashing mine to smithereens. The smarmy asshole could do nothing but grin when he handed it to me.  

I had a new text message:

The man of the house will be home in 10 minutes woman, I expect that sandwich to be awesome when I get there.

Two guesses who sent that.

I quickly typed my reply:

Of course it will! Just expect extra knuckle you moron.

I hit send and placed the phone onto the glass table, a smirk at the corner of my lips.

Lily laughed and I looked at her expectantly.

“Oh nothing, just amusing how you say nothing is going on yet you smile like a five year old meeting Barney when Jaden texts you.” She commented not looking at me but at the T.V that was playing some RomCom. I glared at the side of her blonde head and fought with myself not to say anything, knowing it would only make my matter worse.

So I done the mature thing. I flicked her ear and ran away to the kitchen before she could hit me back. Ha.

“Hey! Anyone home?” Nicolas shouted from the front room. I was currently in the kitchen raiding the cupboards for some chocolate and Lily was in the toilet.

“Yeah! In here,” I called out stretching on my tiptoes to reach Noah’s hidden stash.

Sure, it was only hidden from me and any of the guys could reach it no problem, but that just made me want it even more.

“Where is everyone?”

I looked over my shoulder when Nicolas entered the kitchen and he smiled at me.

Shocker I know, but lately we have almost bonded over our teasing of Noah and Lily. Good times.

“Ugh, well Lily is in the bathroom and the guys all cleared out after you. Jaden should be back soon though, he said he was only ten minutes away.” I said before turning back to my endeavour of the short people.

“Really? They left the two of you alone here?” He said almost disbelievingly. I rolled my eyes into the cupboard and shrugged.

“Yes they left us alone Nicolas, we are not children.”

He laughed and I heard him move behind me, reaching over my outstretched hands he pulled down the chocolate for me and sat it on the counter in front of me.

“Not Lily, just you.”  He laughed again as I turned around ready to punch his face in. Lucky for him, the sound of the front door closing stopped me.

“In here!” I called out moving away from Nicolas, grabbing the chocolate bar from the counter as I did.

“Making my sandwich Elly?” I heard him say as he arrived in the doorway, he was smirking; his hair wind swept and a little crazy looking from being outside. He looked as if he was going to say something else but his eyes fell on Nicolas and he stopped, his smirk falling away with whatever it was.

“Oh, hey Nick. Never saw you there.” He ran a hand through his hair and smiled slightly at Nicolas who rolled his eyes at me.

“You never see anyone but her lately, you get used to it.” Nicolas said smirking slightly. I smacked the back of his head, hard, and walked towards Jaden. The both of us otherwise ignoring him.

“Hey,” he said smiling that smile, the one with the dimples. The heart breaking one.

“Miss me?” I grinned moving past him to get to the living room.

Lily was just coming in from the other hallway, her hair wet and a pair of pyjamas on. I guess she went for a shower.

“Please, you missed me,” Jaden replied following behind me.

“Dude, you were gone half an hour.” I deadpanned dropping onto the sofa my knees tucked under me.

Lily laughed and sat down on the armchair, allowing Jaden to slide in beside me. Nicolas was still in the kitchen, by the sounds of the clattering and shuffling her was getting something to eat.

“So?” Was his simple reply, his eyes staring me down, getting ready for the long haul. And for once all I could do was stare back.

Uh-Oh.

Stop it!

Just look away!

Shit.

“I do believe I won this one Elly.” Jaden whispered still smiling, his voice releasing me from his stupid eyes spell.

“Ugh, I hate you.” I grumbled throwing my head back to look at the boring white ceiling instead of his perfect face.

“Ah, you shouldn’t tell lies.” He laughed his smile still in place. No more flinching or going cold when I said those words, they didn’t affect him anymore. I guess it’s because he knows it’s a lie.

Damn.

“Shut up.” I mumbled sighing. He only laughed in return.

“Looking forward to tomorrow Jaden?” Lily asked, trying to save me from my increasingly embarrassing predicament.

“Not really,” he said growing cold at the question.

As the wedding drew nearer Jaden began to stop talking about it. I don’t think he wants to meet his family again. I asked him about it a couple of days ago, and he said it was because of his Dad. He hadn’t spoken to him since the Alice deal.

“Then you don’t want to see Elyon all dressed up? Just for you?” She asked slyly, her eyebrows darting upwards.

Oh she is so dead.

“You’re kidding right? If she wasn’t going then neither was I.” He flashed a quick grin at my bewildered look and continued on; “so you had better make her look good.”

Even Lily was dumbfounded.

“What happened?” Nicolas interrupted the awkward moment and pot noodle in his hands.

“Nothing Nick, Lily was just being an idiot.”

I breathed out a wobbly laugh and Lily called him some very imaginative names.

Their bickering gave me enough time to calm the swelling in my chest, the swelling that was growing day by day.

~*~

“Remember Elyon! You’re getting up at half eight, the wedding started at eleven, the two of your leave here at ten. That’s only two hours to get ready. So you had better be up.” Lily ranted as Noah stood by the hallway door impatiently waiting for him to follow her so they could go to bed.

It was a Friday, usually they spent the night at Lily’s but since the wedding was tomorrow Lily wanted to be here to dress me up.

I groaned and looked at Jaden pleadingly to help me out here. He just smirked and pretended to clean out his nails.

Bastard.

“I will Lily, I promise. Now go to bed, it’s late.” I agreed nodding to Noah.

We had all spent the night playing the Xbox we stole from Noah’s room, arguing over random stuff and laughing. It had been a good night, as has most nights been since I decided to basically live here. I was going to miss it when I had to leave.

Luke had even showed up for half an hour but he got a phone call and had to leave again in a mad rush.

I missed him. We hardly ever see him now a days.

“Then you go to bed too, sleep. I am not dealing with puffy eyes tomorrow.” She warned and I laughed.

“Yes boss.” I saluted her and she rolled her eyes before, finally, bidding us goodnight and leaving with Noah.

“She was right you know. It’s time to sleep.” Jaden said standing from the sofa and offering me his hand as help.

I sighed and took it silently.

He lead me to his room, wordlessly. Neither one of us feeling the need to speak.

He slid into the large bed first, pulling me in after him his arm wrapping around my waist and dragging me into place by his side.

I sighed again, realising how tired I was.  

I had gotten changed into my pyjamas, jogging bottoms and a vest top, ages ago and I was glad I didn’t have to go through that now that I was too tired.

“Night,” I heard Jaden whisper at the back of my neck, his warm breath fanning my cheek slightly.

“Uh-huh.” I mumbled.

Sleep was instant in his protective arms.  

The next morning was hectic. I was dragged from bed by Lily when I didn’t wake up at exactly 08:00am, her shrill screaming enough to kill a freaking bird. Jaden eventually just pushed me out of bed and told me to go and get dressed since he still wanted to sleep.

Asshole.

Then, the next two hours of my life were spent being, prodded, patted and pulled until I looked as I did just now.

Not like me.

I was stood in front of the full length mirror in Noah’s room my mouth hanging open slightly.

No longer did my skin look pale and blotchy, the foundation covering it up in a light tan. My cheeks looked defined with the pale blusher and my lips glossy and perfectly lined. My eyes almost glowed golden, the eyeliner and mascara outlining their usual dull brown colour.

My hair was curled once more, but this time the top of my hair was twisted into a crown of curls as well as the loose ones that spiralled down my back.

Then there was the dress. The white contrasting with my dark hair and features, the blue making everything pop.

I felt like a different person.

“And the shoes,” Lily said returning with a pair a white satin heels that she helped me slip on.

“Thanks,” I  mumbled looking back into the mirror again.

“Don’t mention it. You look amazing by the way, did I tell you that?” She said looking at me through the mirrors reflection. I laughed brightly back at her.

Just as I was about to thank her again Jaden barged into the room.

And dayum! He looked pretty damn fine in his black suit, white shirt; the top bottom undone and his tie hanging loosely around his neck: untied.

“What the hell is taking so…” He stopped dead as he caught sight of me, his eyes roaming every inch of my body.

“Ugh...You look. Well, you look...Ready to go?” He half stuttered scratching the back of his neck and I couldn’t help but laugh. Jaden Blake! Lost for words; a national holiday ladies and gentlemen.

“Yeah, but don’t you need that done first?” I asked ignoring Lily’s guffaws and pointed to the untied tie around his neck.

“Could you? I can never get the bloody things right.” He pulled the tie a frown on his face and I grinned again.

“C’mere,” I tugged the two ends of the tie and pulled him close enough for the tie to be done.

His eyes followed my hands movements, a small smile on his own lips then, when the tie was done, he took my right hand in his and began to lead the way out of the house.

Nicolas and Noah were waiting in the living room for us, I could hear them bickering about some football match.

“I brought a cream jacket you can wear Elyon, Noah has it.” Lily said from behind us.

“Thanks again Lil,” I said over my shoulder.

“Nah, I had fun don’t worry.” She waved me off and I nodded.

When we entered the living room the guys stopped bickering long enough to stare at me. Here we go.

“Jesus Christ, makeup is scary.” Nicolas muttered standing up and grinning down at me.

“Fuck off you twat.” I warned.

“Good to know it doesn’t affect personality.” He replied. I flipped him off.

“Look at you, Little E, all grown up.” Noah said handing me the cream jacket. I let go of Jaden’s hand and pulled it on, leaving it open.

“You are all absolute arseholes.” I huffed slipping my hand back into Jaden’s automatically.

“And we all love you too, now go. Or you will be late.” Noah said laughing and pushing us off to the door.

“Wait! I want a picture, that way Luke can see the two of you too.” Lily said running off back to the rooms to get her phone.

I groaned and resisted the urge to run a nervous hand through my hair.

“This is going to happen all night you know?” Jaden said catching me off guard.

“What?” I looked up at him confusedly.

“Pictures, you’re going to be in a lot of them tonight.”

I groaned again.

“Okay, move closer together, Jaden put your arm around her waist...Great. Elyon don’t look so pissed off.” Lily instructed raising her phone her face stern when I refused to smile.

Jaden laughed and pulled me into his side by my waist tickling me just enough to make me laugh.

Cacha.

With a flash the photo was took and Jaden was heading for the door again.

“Have fun you two!” Lily called after us as we made our way into the elevator.

“Not too much though!” Noah shouted after her.

“Don’t get her pregnant man!” Nicolas yelled followed by a shout of pain.

“Shut up Nick.” We heard Lily and Noah shout as the elevator doors closed.

Jaden cocks an eyebrow at me, his lips twitching into a smile.

“I really do love our friends,” I muttered and finally we both laughed.

This is going to be one hell of a weekend.

A/N

I actually updated pretty quickly, considering! Be proud!

Okay guys, I have something kind of sad to tell you...there are going to be three more chapters and that will be the end of ILTHY.

I know! I can’t believe I’m actually going to finish it either.

Anyways, next chapter will have a cliff hanger, just a little warning and expectation rising ;)

Hope you enjoyed this little filler chapter.

Thanks for reading,

Comment and Vote (If you will)

Robyn x 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 3.5K 25
"I'm done, cupcake. I can't anymore," he mumbled, wiping his eyes. I turned to look at him and took his head into my hands. Both my hands were on eit...
1.1K 55 7
Welcome to Mackenzie Court high school.Where there are jocks, cheerleaders, geeks and then there's just her. Veronique Clarke the girl who has only t...
290 19 37
Because Jaden Grey is Intoxicating and addictive. Once you've had a little bit, you keep coming for more. Too bad nobody warned me in that moment, i...
Rois By S

Romance

211K 3.5K 46
Ashton is the bad guy at college, everyone fears of him. If he even glares at you, it's time to run. April has a harsh past and it's trying to get o...