He Deserves Better (Katekyo H...

By AliceVermillion27

Summary: First they ignored me, then they hurt me, then bullied me, abused me, and finally snapping at being... More

Prologue: The 14 Years of my Life
Chapter 1: Another Accident?
Chapter 2: My New Family?
Chapter 3: My Last and First Time
Chapter 4: The Humble House That is Now Dubbed as the Craziest
Omake: Family Bonding Time: Varia Style!
Chapter 6: Calming The Raging Storm
Chapter 7: The Rain That Must Be Saved
Chapter 8: Searching For The Rain
Chapter 9: Spring, Moon, and the Extreme sun
Chapter 10: Helping the EXTREME Sun with a bit of Thunder
Chapter 11: The Mists After the Sun
Chapter 12: The Time at the Hospital and the Sun Arcobaleno's plan
Chapter 13: The Trip to the Mist Duo
Chapter 14: Varia's Comeback
Chapter 15: Twins Reunited
Chapter 16: The Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 17: Half Vongola Rings
Chapter 18: Their Little Reunion
Omake: Birthday Special
Chapter 18.5 Cosplay Week Varia Style
Chapter 19: Two Sides Conflicted
Chapter 20: Before the Match
Chapter 21: Encounter
Chapter 22 Until the Last: Goodbye
Extra Chapter: Art

Chapter 5: That Faithful Day

8.9K 316 41
By AliceVermillion27

Chapter 5: That Faithful Day

“What will you do when we’re gone? You can’t always rely on us little trash.”

Tsuna is disappointed. Ever since they went to Italy, all they ever do is train. Though he’s already an expert when it comes to different weapons, he still has problems with his flames. And Xanxus reverts back on calling him ‘Little Trash’. ‘I miss the times when all we ever do is have fun. Come to think of it, what are they rushing for? It’s not my fault that I can’t really control my cloud flames that well’.

Tsuna always see them in the meeting room without him. If not, busy with some papers. He is very lonely. All alone in his room when he had a free time. And when training, they were always desperate, well no that desperate, to have Tsuna control his flames. Well, it’s not that he’s really having difficulty using it, it’s because he feels that cloud flames and him does not suit together. He always feels really exhausted after using it only for a limited period of time. He feels that there’s something inside him waiting to be awaken so he closed his eyes and concentrated.

“We only have 4 months left, little trash”. Tsuna frowned after hearing this. They are always saying something about 4 months left until something big will happen. What exactly will happen? No one is explaining to him. His head is always aching when hearing that. But whatever will happen, he will join and never back out. No matter what happens, whether it’s dangerous or not, he WILL protect them. Not the other way around.

He felt heat bubbling throughout his body. It’s calm and in harmony. It’s like it’s in sync with him. And now, he feels that the warm feeling is joining at a certain point in his forehead. When he opened his eyes, Xanxus smirked. Their efforts haven’t gone to waste. There, at the center of the training room, stands Tsuna with a blazing orange eyes and sky flames, purer than any other, dancing on his forehead.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You only said that I have cloud flames. Now what just happen the other day, Xanxus-nii? It’s no doubt that it’s sky flames. Why did you lie?” Tsuna asked after witnessing his own sky flames the other day. He can’t believe he had it because from what he knows, sky flames are mostly only for the boss or head of a family. He’s not a boss, and never will be.

“I did not lie. You still have cloud flames. It’s your secondary flame. I only kept a secret.” Xanxus calmly said. He knew this is going to happen once Tsuna knows about his own sky flames.

“But still, Xanxus-nii, keeping a secret is also the same as lying. Besides, is a family supposed to keep the truth away from a member? You all know but me.” Tsuna thought up a bit before continuing. “Or maybe you didn’t tell me because you’re afraid that once I found out about this, I would take your beloved position away from you.”

There was a moment of silence before Xanxus let out his flame of wrath and destroyed the nearby object and slapped Tsuna. “You are not in the position to talk to me like that, Tsunayoshi. Who knows, maybe you’re also hiding a lot of thing from us. And remember this; I’m not afraid that someday you would take the position. You’re a part of the family, a part of me. If taking the position is what you want, then I will support you.”

Tsuna is guilty. He just accused Xanxus-nii for something that's not even true. He is also keeping secrets yet he got angry at him. During his stay with the Varia, he learned all about Vongola, including the CEDEF with the stupid man leading this. He also learned about his eligibility to be the Vongola Decimo because of his bloodline with primo or basically the man from his dreams. Did he consult any of them about this? No, he kept it to himself. He is a pathetic little brother.

He lowered his head and starts crying "I'm really sorry Xanxus-nii. I never meant it that way. It is a misunderstanding. I'm just shock about me having sky flames like you."

Xanxus sighed and patted Tsuna's head. "It's okay. It's not your fault. It's just a natural reaction from seeing the unexpected. Anyways, I'm also wrong for keeping important information from you"

Tsuna looked at him and sobbed. He's got the best big brother. "Thank you Xanxus-nii. But please, I'll ask you one last time. What will happen in 4 months?" There's sadness in Tsuna's tone so what all Xanxus did was sigh. He didn't want to see a sad brunet. There's also no way to keep it a secret now.

"Go to the meeting room later. We're not telling you this because it's for your own good but you're still part of the family. My family"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the meeting room, everyone's head turned to a certain brunet at the door, with shocked faces. They didn't expect him to come. Lussuria, who had just overcome his shock, asked Xanxus.

"Boss, I thought you don't want Tsuna to be endangered. Why is he here?"

"I changed my mind. You got a problem?"

Lussuria lowered his head. He can't argue with him. Golden rule no. 1 states that the leader is always right. "Nothing, Boss..."

"Good. Now since Tsuna is already here, I have to start from the beginning"

Everyone became serious and looked at their boss.

"We're having a coup d’état in 4 months"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"VOOII!! Levi, Belphegor, Fran, you're on the west wing. Mammon, Lussuria, east Wing. Me and Tsuna will accompany Boss to Nono. Got it?" Squalo ordered. They are now in front of the Vongola headquarters, ready to commence their attack.

"Hn"

"Ushishishi~ it’s been a long time since I've seen blood"

"Bel-senpai, just don't rush things"

"I'm gonna have another set of my collection~"

"VOOIII! Tsuna?"

"I'll do my best"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Squalo-nii!! To your right!!" Tsuna warned Squalo. Since they entered, Tsuna, by the use of his intuition, was the one who always warns them about the unseen attacks from the enemy.

"VOOII! Thanks Tsuna. We're here" They are in front of the where Vongola Nono is. Xanxus is beside them with fierce eyes. He is more than ready to attack his foster father.

"Tsuna." Xanxus called.

"Yes?"

"Stay here and don't go in" He ordered.

"But... Xanxus-nii-"

Xanxus gave Tsuna a sad smile and held him on the shoulders. "Just guard the door for us, okay?"

Tsuna slowly nodded. Tears are already forming in the corner of his eyes. By the look on Xanxus smile and the tone of his voice, and also his intuition, he knew that definitely is going to happen. Something bad will happen to his Xanxus-nii.

"VOOII! Let's go!" Then Squalo kicked the door, revealing Vongola Nono who is peacefully signing all his paperwork. Nono looked at two, unfazed by the broken door.

"What's the matter, you two?" Nono calmly said.

The two then became irritated. Doesn't Vongola Nono know about what they are doing?

"Of course, I know" Nono answered as if reading their minds.

Squalo immediately attacked Nono with his sword. "VOOOIII!!"

Nono blocked the attack with his cane and sky flames and Squalo was blown away by the impact.

"Now what brings you here Xanxus?"

"Don't mess with me scum. You're the reason she died."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tsuna was already crying outside the door. Every word and sound he heard inside from Xanxus and Squalo is hurting him. Even from the earpiece to communicate with the other members. Luckily for him, no enemy is roaming around or else he'd be dead. With nothing to do, he continued to eavesdrop at his older brothers (and sisters).

'Ushishishi~ you think you can beat me peasants?'

'Bel-senpai, I think you killed everyone'

'I did not'

'Levi Volta! Hey you two! Don't rest yet!'

"I guess everything is okay with Levi, Bel, and Fran’s side. How about Luss-nee and Mammon-nee's?" Tsuna said as he switched the channel on his earpiece.

'I can't believe that all of you are actually down with just some simple illusions. And you call yourselves Vongola'

'Oh come on Mammon-chan~ don’t ruin my collections'

"Everything's okay too. Now, Xanxus-nii and Squalo-nii" He leaned at the door only to hear some crashing and a muffled 'Vooii'. His eyes widen. His Squalo-nii got injured. As much as he wants to go in, he can't. He promised. 'Squalo-nii... I'm sorry I can't help you'

'You lied to me. And you are supposed to be my father? How pathetic' 

'What are you talking about son? I did not lie'

'Scum.'

Bang!

Tsuna is shivering but it's not because of cold. Sadness, anger, and fear are the emotions dwelling inside him. He doesn't know what to do. He’s sad because many people are injured in the process. He’s angry because of Vongola Nono. And he’s scared because of Xanxus' rapidly use of his flame of wrath. He never felt such an overwhelming power.

'A few years ago, I learned about the existence of my mother. That I really came from a poor family. THAT YOU ARE NOT MY FATHER!'

Tsuna clenched his fists and shadowed his eyes with his bangs. It really hurts when it comes to problems with family especially fathers. He knew it from experience. He's not going to let them fight alone. He's gonna go inside there and help them.

A few seconds later, when Tsuna already got his resolve, his sky flames are already visible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So you found out... But remember this Xanxus; I still treated you like my own son, didn't I?" Nono sadly asked. He did not expect that Xanxus knew. For how many years, he's taking care of the child; it never bothers him that Xanxus is not from him.

Xanxus, on the other hand, was about to reply until he sensed some sky flames outside. ‘Oh Shit. Tsuna!’

Nono was stunned as well. Never in his life had he sensed sky flames this pure. Even his own is not that pure. There is one question in his mind. Who?

"Don't take your eyes off the enemy." Xanxus said as he attacked Nono. He's got to keep him busy to forget Tsuna. He doesn't want him to find out.

Squalo, with his little consciousness left and having left his previous shock about Xanxus being Nono's not real son, called the remaining Varia members. "Get... Tsuna... away... from... here...-"

'We're still not done'

Crash

"-NOW!"

'What's happening? Okay, we're coming!'

"Nono, fight me not Xanxus-nii"

Everyone looked at the brunet. Squalo 'tched' and is hoping that they will arrive soon before anything happens. Xanxus gritted his teeth. He didn't expect Tsuna to barge in and break their promise. And Nono frowned. He recognized him as one of Iemitsu's son. And come to think of it, Iemitsu had one son missing. But he will not assume unless he had some evidence.

"You are Sawada Tsunayoshi, correct?" Nono suddenly asked and everyone in the room, including the newly arrived tensed. Tsuna can become really violent when hearing his accursed surname.

And Tsuna knitted his brows and raised his fist, ready to attack. "No. I am not Sawada Tsunayoshi. And can you please stop calling me that. I despise that name"

He then attacked Nono but Xanxus blocked it. "Oi little trash, he's my enemy not yours."

"But Xanxus-nii, an enemy of one is an enemy of all. I can't just stand there and watch" Tsuna calmly said, well, he's in hyper dying will mode so it's natural.

Xanxus kneeled in front of Tsuna to match his height and looked at him in the eyes. "Listen Tsuna, you can't involve yourself with him now that he knows you. What if he get hold of you and return you back to your old family? You don't want that, right?" He quietly asked to prevent someone to listen and Tsuna just nodded in reply and got out of the mode. Finally getting an answer, Xanxus stood up and turned to face Nono. "Let's get this done with.

Nono shakes his head slowly. He doesn't want to do this but "I guess I have no choice". He said as he tap his cane to the ground and his sky flames flickered.

Squalo, knowing fully well what would happen if the flames are flickering, shouted at group standing at the entrance of the door. "VOOIII!! Get... Tsuna... away or else he would... get caught!!!"

Everyone nodded and ran towards Tsuna to drag him away. But Tsuna struggled out of their hold. "NO!! I DON'T WANT TO GO!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN SQUALO-NII!! I WON'T LEAVE XANXUS-NII!!" As if on cue, they felt the place getting colder by the minute. Tsuna stopped struggling for a moment to see what happened, but then he saw ice on Xanxus' feet. Tsuna widen his eyes.

"NO!! XANXUS-NII!!! LET ME GO!!"

"Tsu-chan, you can't. Let them handle this" Lussuria sadly said. He can't bear to see Tsuna hurt.

"But Luss-nee-chan!! Xanxus-nii is going to be trapped in ice!"

"We can't do anything about it."

Tsuna took a second glance at Xanxus and saw that the ice is already halfway on his body. He became stunned and eventually stopped struggling. It became easier for the group to take him away. They are already at the door when Tsuna shouted. "XANXUS-NII!!!!"

Xanxus looked at him with a sad smile and eyes and ordered Bel, Levi, Mammon, Fran, Lussuria to "Take him back to Japan"

Instantly, Tsuna had no power and stamina to spare. He just let them dragged him away. When they are out of the door, he heard the ice has successfully trapped Xanxus inside. 'Xanxus-nii, even though you will send me back to Japan, I will help you with my own way. I will fight my own brother to take the position and give it to you when you come back'

Nono, after trapping Xanxus inside the ice, immediately called the medical team to treat all the injured. After that, he recalled all his memories of the brunet he saw earlier. He's going to have a talk with Iemitsu about it. 'Iemitsu, your son had grown up. Too bad you chose the wrong heir'

This event was known in the whole underworld as the Cradle Affair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tsuna is now walking in the streets of Namimori, Japan. He remembered the day when he was walking in the same streets with his things. That's when he saw Squalo fighting some men. That's also when he found a new family. But now, he's not finding a new home. He's walking to find his home.

"Tsu-chan, this is the key to our house in Japan. Please take care of it while we're gone. Just believe in us. We'll come back here together with Xanxus. Until then, try to find some new friends"

It was the last thing Lussuria said to Tsuna before sending him here in japan. 'The only possible thing to do now is believe in you guys. It's impossible to find new friends. Without you, I reverted back to being mute' He thought as he stepped around the corner to find their house. 'Well, I guess I have to start anew'

He started to unlock the door and stepped inside the house. 'I'm home'. He looked around to see some strange things but found none. It's still the same as they left it. He goes to the kitchen, only to find an envelope just like the first time they went here. He quickly grabbed it and opened it.

Inside it was some money for him to use and a letter. And so, he read it.

Tsuna,

I hope you are not mad for leaving you behind like that. I already knew this is gonna happen, so I left some money here and this letter. I guess you can say that this is all planned. I'm sorry. But please wait. We're gonna be there before you knew it. Don't clam yourself up. Be brave and confident. If you had nothing to do then go to school.

Believe in us, little trash.

Xanxus

'Idiot Xanxus-nii.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'First thing first... school. How can I go to school without talking?' It was the first problem for clamming up. He can't start a conversation. He thinks for a bit before realizing something. 'How can I forget?! Hibari!!!'

He quickly stepped outside the house and ran towards where he knows Hibari is, Namimori Middle!. But then again, he stopped on his tracks and realized something... again. 'It's already one year since I left school. Of course I'm supposed to be in high school now and probably him too'.

He continued to run to Namimori High until he sensed someone suspicious at the top of a tree. He quickly concealed his sky flames with his cloud flames and looked at the tree. But he didn't expect to see him this early. He knew he was here to train Ieyasu but to meet him now is certainly not right. 'Reborn, the greatest hitman in the world'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reborn was just spying his student, Dame-yasu, in his usual spot until he saw a certain brunet who looks like him running towards Namimori High. If Reborn is confused, he really hid it well with his fedora. Who wouldn't be confused? It states in Iemitsu's report that he only had one son and now you find someone identical.

'Damn that Iemitsu. I'm gonna burn him to pieces if I saw him again'

With no other choice, he continued to spy on his student look alike until it stopped and looked at him. Reborn was somewhat shocked. Well, not that he would show it. First, he felt a sudden change of flames in the brunet. Too bad he wasn't aware of the first flames. Second, he looked at him even though he hid his whole presence well. He is the greatest after all. And third, he heard something from the brunet even though he's not moving his mouth.

'So he knew me huh? He's really interesting... He can also be one of Dame-yasu's guardian' Reborn smirked. 'But first, I've got to investigate him. If ever he really is a Sawada, Iemitsu's gonna pay'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Tsuna saw the glint in Reborn's eyes and smirk, he shivered and run away. Even though he is trained by professional assassins, to be able to meet the greatest hitman is really scary. He also has to be wary of him. He has to be careful or else he will blow his cover. He is an enemy. And without Varia, he would be nothing but a normal citizen. 'Don't let them see what you are made of, Tsuna'

Nearing the school, he can see a blur, leaning on the gates. He squinted his eyes to verify that it is Hibari. But what he saw was something shiny flying towards him. 'HIIEEE!!'

"Herbivore, I hope you are ready to be bitten to death for leaving me for 1 year"

Tsuna looked around to see if Reborn followed him. But found no one and sighed in relief before talking to Hibari.

"It's nice to meet you again too, Hibari" Tsuna smiled.

"Hn. So what brings you here herbivore?" Asked Hibari.

"I have a favor to ask. I'm going to enroll in this school but don't put my real surname"

Hibari stared at Tsuna before closing his eyes. He knew fully well that Tsuna despise his surname. "Hn. But you owe me a fight. I take it that you're stronger now, omnivore"

Tsuna smiled at his friend. He missed the times when they are in the rooftop eating lunch and it's going to happen again. "Of course Hibari. But not now"

They continued to talk, unaware of the presence beside them thinking about something. A fedora hat wearing baby, who is known as the greatest hitman. 'If he is friends with the bloodlust prefect, that even Dame-yasu can’t handle, then he really is something else. I have to call Nono and that Stupid Iemitsu about this. He is more than what meets the eye'.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We have a new transfer student!" The teacher announced inside the room. And you can now hear murmurs and gossips about what he will look like or what its gender. The teacher continued. "You can come in now"

Tsuna took it as a cue to come inside. He lowered his head and hid his eyes behind his bangs. He fidgeted for a good minute before taking up his courage to say something. "M-my n-name i-is Cielo T-tsunayoshi. I-it's n-nice to m-meet y-you" He bowed and when he looked at his new classmates he didn't expect to find them.

A glaring silverette who was known as smoking bomb Hayato, a smiling raven haired boy who was great at baseball and his classmate then, and finally him. His twin brother, Sawada Ieyasu.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

825K 35K 130
When Reborn, the world's greatest hitman, came all the way to Namimori from Italy, he was expecting a model student with a silent older twin... Unfor...
221K 6.2K 39
Sawada Tsunayoshi is not known as 'Dame Tsuna' like usually known but 'Soulless Tsuna' or 'Speechless Tsuna'. He acts different more than anyone, nev...
57K 1.7K 23
[Discontinued] A New Change (KHR + AssClass Crossover) Sawada Tsunayoshi always had a fuzzy feeling in his head when he was around his friends, his f...
45.2K 1.9K 25
*SEQUEL TO MASKED TRUTH On a fateful day Tsuna had met an unconscious boy who looked exactly like him. It was found out that this boy was Sawada Tsun...