Catching Genesis (Completed)

By Nikkireadw

Warning: CG has been published. The last ten chapters of this book have been taken down due to copyright reas... More

"Introduction" ahmm...rambling
Chapter I - Are you excited?
Chapter II - Worst Birthday Ever
Chapter III - Oh Joy, Retail Therapy
Chapter IV - Operation Pay Back
Chapter V - Operation Payback Phase 1
Chapter VI - Operation Payback Phase 2
Chapter VII - Let Me Count the Ways
Chapter VIII - "Let's Talk" Never Ends Well
Chapter IX - Where are the Hotties?
Chapter X - Anyone Ever Died of Embarrassment?
Chapter XI - Lycans Are Confusing
Chapter XII - Here Comes the Human
Chapter XIII - My Date Has Gone to the Wolves
Chapter XIV - Constantine
Chapter XV - My Erasthai
Chapter XVI - Cloud Nine and Crash Landing
Chapter XVII - Of Sweat Pants and Baggy Shirt
Chapter XVIII - Dinner Disaster
Chapter XIX - Call Me Juliet With Mad Ninja Skills
Chapter XX - Chunky Monkey?
Chapter XXI - How to Stay Out of The Spotlight
Chapter XXII - How Not to Piss Off a Lycan
Chapter XXIII - Shower Heads, I Love You
Chapter XXIV - The Birds And The Bees Talk
Chapter XXV - Totally Lickable!
Chapter XXVI - Grandpa is Coming to Town
Chapter XXVII - I'm a Bunny Cuddler, Fuzzy Slipper Wearer
Chapter XXVIII - If I Was a Tiny Hummingbird
Chapter XXIX - I Show You Mine, You Show Me Yours
Chapter XXX - How to Douse a Fire
Chapter XXXI - Will You Pose for Me?
Chapter XXXII - Seduction For Dummies
Chapter XXXIII - Flip Sip or Strip
Chapter XXXIV - Stupid Drunk Boys
Chapter XXXV - Vicious Bedsheet
Chapter XXXVI - Best Way to Wake up Ever
Chapter XXXVII - of Time and Space
Chapter XXXVIII - Not Cowering, Just Pouting
Chapter XXXIX - Stupid Royal Brat
Chapter XL - This One Uses The Front Door
Chapter XLI - The Heart Wants What It Wants
Chapter XLII - Too Much Thinking Hurts My Brain
Chapter XLIII - Miles and Miles of Mountains
Chapter XLIV - Tell Me Where it Hurts
Chapter XLV - The One Who Drives Me Crazy
Chapter XLVI - One Who Catches Her
Chapter XLVII - O Hungry One
Chapter XLVIII - This I Pledge to You
Chapter XLIX - Some Things Money Can't Buy
Chapter L - To Tame The Wild Beast
Chapter LI - All's Fair in Love and War
Chapter LII - Ring With The Heart and Crown
Just Another Rambling, Not A Chapter
Chapter LIII - Mature eyes, Immature Hearts
Chapter LIV - Ring With Hearts and Flowers
Chapter LV - One With the Ninja Power
Chapter LVI - I Can Smell Your Fear
(Fighting Darius) Penny And Darius
(Trapping Quincy) Caspian and Quincy
Bonus Chapters

Chapter LVII - One With The Pack

517K 17.1K 4K
By Nikkireadw

A special shout out to one of my cuddly bunnies @Geek_queen77199 on her birthday, today. Happy Birthday!!!! Have a good one ❤️❤️❤️

*******************

I open my eyes to a dimly lit room. A tiny sliver of sunlight seeps in through a gap between two heavy curtains. It's still very early and I'm already awake, so I'm feeling very proud of myself. I lift Constantine's arm that's resting possessively over my hips carefully and slink out quietly.

After a shower, I put on a pair of ripped black skinny jeans and a green tank top and stand at the foot of the bed brushing my hair while watching him sleep. I'm such a creeper, I know. But hey, when you have a mate with a body of a greek god who is now lying naked on his stomach in bed with the sheet barely covering his tight sexy behind who could blame me? His head is lying sideways on the pillow, so I can see his sharp angular profile with high cheekbone, a strong nose, and chin, and sensual lips. His hair is tousled and his thick dark eyelashes lay across his cheek.

He moves and his breathing changes as he's waking up, and the bedsheet slips even lower. Instantly his hand is searching for me over the bed, his eyes still closed. When his hand can't find me, his frowns. Suddenly he opens his eyes and raises his head up, looking alert. His eyes quickly search the bed then the room until they land on me. He sighs and lay his head back down while his lips slowly curl up into a lazy heart-stopping smile.

"What are you doing over there? You should be in here," his voice is still husky from sleep.

"Nu-uh, I'm early today. I shall not be persuaded by you and your wicked ways to remain in bed till...uh, we're late again."

He turns over, throws his head back and chuckles deliciously. "You enjoy it, though. Come on, admit that you enjoy my wicked ways, way more than standing there."

Cuddly bunny and fuzzy slippers!!! I stubbornly shake my head while brushing my hair, trying to look away from his hard muscled body. He's hard everywhere! I mean everywhere!!! Stay strong! Stay strong!!!

"Get over here," he commands, patting the comfortable looking space on the bed, beside him. "You know you want to," his silver-gray eyes are smoldering. Crazy cow and funny slippers..or whatever!!! My heart does a little pitter patter. Gah!!!!! His smile is growing. I bet he can feel that I'm weakening.

Just as I'm about to give in and jump into bed with him, he gets up. "Very well, have it your way," he sighs deeply. There's a wicked smile playing on his lips that I don't quite trust. He's up to something. I don't know what it is yet, but I know he is up to something. I can feel it.

He slowly saunters across the room in all his naked glory. His body is magnificent and he knows it. He takes his time picking up yesterday's items of clothing off the floor and chucks them into the hamper. His muscles flex as he moves. Just before he steps into the bathroom he turns to me and says, "too bad you've already showered. I could have my wicked ways with you in the shower too."

"You're still welcome to join me and my wicked ways, though," he announces through the open bathroom door as he starts the shower. The water in this house warms up very quickly as soon as you turn on the tap. I can see him clearly through the shower clear glass enclosure. Streams of water running down his face, his naked chest, and flat stomach, and....Gah!!!! Run!!! Run!!! No, stay!!! I'm so weak.

I manage to tear my eyes away and walk out of our bedroom on unsteady legs. Darn that lycan mate of mine!

I'm surprised to see Caspian standing on the landing of the grand staircase as if he's waiting for me as I walk down the stairs.

"Hey Red?" he calls. His bright green eyes look serious though there is a tiny smile playing on his lips. "No matter what people say or what happen after this, remember that the Alpha and his mutt deserved it. I think you totally rock yesterday."

He holds his hand up and I slap it with mine in a high five. We grin at each other and proceed to walk down the stairs together. Caspian can be obnoxious at times, but he's fiercely loyal. Oh, he's charming this morning and that makes me want to go and squish those adorable cheeks of his and give him a big hug.

Then he goes and ruins it by adding, "you totally look hot as a lycan. I'd totally do you if you're not Constantine's mate."

Cuddly bunnies and fuzzy slippers!!! I whack the back of his head with my planner file. Boy, that was satisfying. I had been wanting to whack his head for a very long time.

"Owww...you're a violent woman! I bet my mate isn't going to be this violent," he complains while rubbing the back of his head.

I hope she's even more violent! I bite my lips to stifle my laugh. Oh, I love him like a brother. I know what he meant to say, though. There would be consequences to what I did to Alpha Carrington yesterday, but my pack is behind me, no matter what.

Lazarus and Serena are already at the breakfast table, quietly sipping their coffee. Serena stands up and wraps her arms around me as soon as I walk into the kitchen. I return her warm hug and take my seat. Lazarus squeezes my hand and flashes me his rare smile. I'm glad that my pack has my back.

"Thanks, Duncan," I smile up at Duncan as he places a plate of warm waffles and a mug of coffee in front of me. A little sip and I'm in heaven...Ahhh...just the way I like it, strong, with a dash of French vanilla cream and sugar. I look around the table, feeling baffled. Everybody doesn't seem to be in a hurry to finish their meal to get to school.

An arm slips around my waist. "Sweetheart, we're not going to school today," says Constantine as he kisses the back of my neck. An explosion of heat and a wave of pleasure spread all over my body. He nibbles and licks the skin there and I almost moan aloud. Flying cows and cuddly slippers..or something. Ummm...This is bad. This is bad.

He settles on a seat next to me and his hand slides onto my thigh. His eyes shine with a wicked glint. "You're suspended, remember? That and the Pack Elder Council wants to see you."

He's messing with my brain and senses and he knows it.

I claw my way out of my muddled passion filled haze to think. Right now my senses are filled my hunger for Constantine to even freak out over the news about the Pack Elder Council wanting to see me. I wonder if he did this on purpose when he delivered the news.

I sigh. I attacked an Alpha yesterday, I knew something like this would happen. "Okay...that would explain why I won't be going to school, but why aren't you guys going?"

"We're here because we're a pack," answers Serena. "We're going to face the council with you."

"I know the alpha can't hurt you, but you told me that the Alpha threatened your family and friends. That is very serious," says Constantine.

"Not to mention dangerous," adds Caspian. "What happened yesterday was nothing compared to what would happen if he really hurt any of your family or your friends."

"Yesterday Constantine was able to coax you back very easily. Some human part of you was still in control. You and your lycan wanted to kill the alpha, but you were mainly just playing with him. If he truly hurt any of your loved ones, you would have killed him in a matter of seconds before you blindly move on to your next target and kill without remorse. You will be controlled by your lycan and driven by your fury. It'll be a bloodbath before Constantine would be able to stop you," explains Lazarus.

"The school ground will be littered with dead bodies," remarks Caspian casually.

Whoaa...that thought scares me. I don't want to go on a killing spree. So many innocent people would get killed. "Is that what happen to the lycans whose mates got killed?"

"No, sweetheart, it'll be much worse. There would be no mates to console them and to stop them. The king's enforcer troop would have to be sent in. The lycan would have to be killed." Constantine takes my hand and laces his fingers through mine as he explains this.

I know it's not easy to kill a lycan. You have to sever the spine from his or her body. To do that, you have to manage to get close enough without getting killed brutally and without mercy. A lycan on a killing rampage is almost undefeatable. I guess that is why a troop of enforcers would have to be called in if anything like that were to happen. Silver doesn't have any effect on lycans as it does on werewolves either.

"If the lycan belongs to a pack, the whole pack members would likely have to be eliminated as well," states Lazarus, as matter-of-factly.

"But why???"

"Because honey, we won't stand idly aside if any one of us is going to get killed. Our lycans won't stand for it. We'll protect each other, even from the king's enforcers," answers Serena.

"They would have to go through all of us," Caspian remarks in agreement when I look at him. His eyes look serious for once.

I don't know what that would mean if anything were to happen to any one of us, but I know it wouldn't be pretty, especially with Caspian and Constantine being the royal princes. The first and second in line to the throne. I don't think the king would be keen to slaughter his own son and nephew, but on the other hand, innocent lives would still have to be saved.

"So what's going to happen at the meeting with the Pack Council?" I ask them. I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen today. I have never even been to a council meeting except for that one time when my Grandfather and the Alpha of Red Convel Pack came to claim me.

"To tell you the truth, we have no idea what's going to happen either. It would all depend on what they're planning to do, but I don't imagine they want the Palace's involvement in this matter," answers Constantine.

"It could happen if they insisted on a punishment for you," supplies Lazarus.

"Palace involvement or a fight with a few lycans," mutters Caspian with a grin. His eyes bright with excitement and anticipation. Did I tell you that sometimes I'm worried about him?

I understand now that what happen to me would affect all of my pack members. I know that none of the werewolves would stand a chance against a lycan, let alone a pack of us. I still don't like the idea of any of my lycan pack members getting involved in something like this, or the werewolves died because of me. I can't imagine life without Constantine. I love Serena, Lazarus, and even Caspian, and I would give up my life for them in a heartbeat, but I grew up with these werewolves.
*****

The meeting with the Pack Elder Council is at ten in the morning. By quarter after nine, I'm ready.

I know I should dress formally, but some rebellious part of me decided to wear something more free-spirited and casual. I opt for a black and pink print boho tunic dress that ends mid-thighs. I have black spandex biker shorts that peek out underneath the dress and a pair of knee-length black boots on. The black biker shorts is for just in case I need to kick some asses. I leave my red hair to cascade freely down my back.

Serena looks stunning and elegant yet badass at the same time. She has a simple yet classy short black sheath dress. I think she has the same idea about ass kicking because she has lace trim black stretchable shorts underneath and a pair of black ankle boots. Her blond hair is in a sleek high ponytail.

"Looking good there, sister!" I smile at her.

"You're not looking too shabby yourself there, honey," she drawls playfully and holds my arm as we walk down the stairs together.

The men are already waiting for us in the foyer. They're all looking spectacular in their button-up shirts with dark dress pants and dress shoes, but my eyes seek Constantine right away.

His intense silver-gray eyes are already on me. It's cute that he tries to tame his hair by pushing it back like that. A few locks still fall across his forehead and eyebrows. Oh, so hot!!!

We all decide to go in Lazarus's black Escalade. Lazarus is driving with Serena sitting beside him, Caspian sitting behind them, and Constantine and I sit in the third row. Just like yesterday.

Constantine wraps his arm around me and I rest my head against his shoulder. His smell and his touch calm me.

"Do you have any idea what happen to Logan and Alpha Carrington and how they're doing?" I ask reluctantly. I'd really rather not know.

"Well, last time I heard, Logan had two broken arms. One arm is broken in two places," Caspian informs me with a gleeful look in his eyes. "The Alpha was still in the Pack's hospital with injuries in the chest, a few broken ribs, a dislocated elbow, a sprained ankle and some cuts and bruises."

Oh, Gosh...I feel like hiding my face in shame. I had never physically injured anybody in my life, and now I've injured the pack's Alpha and the future Alpha...all in one day!!! Great going there Genesis.

Constantine squeezes my shoulder and lifts my face up with a finger under my chin. "You know they deserved it, sweetheart."

My lycan Ezra is rejoicing. In fact, I think it's doing a happy dance in my head. Unfortunately, the human part of me still feels some shame.

"The bad news is, they're recovering fast. Both of them are probably out of the hospital by now," says Caspian thumping me on my shoulder. I appreciate that he's trying to make me feel better, but did he really need to thump on my shoulder that hard??? Was that a payback for smacking him upside the head on the landing this morning? I don't know. I eye him suspiciously and he grins charmingly and innocently back.

We arrive at the pack's house twenty minutes later and I'm stunned to see so many pack's best fighters lining up the driveway all the way from the guard post. Strong, tall, big muscled, intimidating looking werewolf warriors in full warrior uniforms. A lot more are standing in formation in front of the pack's house.

I hear Caspian snickers in front of us. Beside me, Constantine smiles, baring his straight white teeth and canines.
***************************************************

Dear Readers,

As I've mentioned earlier, this book has been published on Amazon, so the last ten chapters aren't available on Wattpad due to copywriter reasons.

You'll find the gist of how this story ends at the beginning of Fighting Darius, which is a story about Penny and her lycan Darius.

Much love
Nicole❤️

P/S: The song is Pity Party by Melanie Martinez

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 32 20
"I have a partner, you can't stay in the Power Axis pack." Alpha Oswald smirked "I think that's what rejection stands for." I retorted with a wince...
20.7K 1.5K 12
A mediocre human isn't exactly a likely protagonist, or so he thinks until something decidedly not average happens to him - an alpha werewolf way out...
3.3K 79 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
2.2M 54.1K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...