A Criminal's Kiss

By pialikesfood

Skye Moreno's life is pretty different to most other girls her age. For as long as she can remember she's be... More

Chapter 1✓
Chapter 2✓
Chapter 3✓
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue

Chapter 16

131K 2.7K 436
By pialikesfood

Just like I had expected, Blake didn't come back that night, he didn't come back the next day either, or the day after that, or the day after that.

It wasn't like I had expected Blake to come back, he knew what would have happened if he had. But a small part of me wanted to see him and ask him if he had meant what he said at the park, because that part of me still believed that the facade Blake had put up might not have been a lie.

However, unlike most people, instead of moping around in bed, I chose to take the easy way out of showing my anger and hurt. I chose the punching bag.

I must have stayed in our home gym for days, punching, kicking and clawing at the punching bag like I had been possessed by a boxer. My brothers would come in every few hours, begging or bribing me into eating or sleeping. It was obvious that they understood what had triggered my anger in the first place, judging by how many times my brothers had threatened to kill Blake, but what they didn't get was how my desire was not have Blake killed, but to forget him.

It was about the fifth day I had spent in the gym, aggressively attacking the punching bag, when there was a knock on the door and Mac came in.

"Mac?" I stared at him, slightly confused by his sudden appearance, "What are you doing here?"

"I heard about what happened with Blake," Mac scratched the back of his head uncomfortably, "I'm sorry."

I took off my boxing glove, "Why are you apologising to me? If anything I should be apologising to you for not listening when you told me to stay away from Blake."

Mac sighed and leant against the wall, "You okay?"

I shrugged and smiled as realistically as I could have, "Yeah, I'm great."

He raised an eyebrow, folding his arms over his chest, "Judging by how harshly you were attacking that punching bag, I'm going to guess that you are lying or that you've forgotten exactly how bad Blake hurt you."

I snorted, "I'm not hurt."

Mac's face softened, "Are you even going to try to lie to me Skittle?"

"I'm not lying!"

This time, it was Mac that snorted, "Yeah, of course you aren't. If I could beat the shit out of that guy for how badly he hurt you then I would. But since I can't...."

I raised an eyebrow, "Since you can't...?"

Mac pushed himself off the wall, "I've heard some news about Blake."

"You know, you seem to be hearing a lot of news about Blake recently," I pointed out, thinking of his previous warnings about staying away from Blake. Of course, if I had listened to those warnings then I might not be as hurt and angry as I had been feeling ever since our encounter in the park a few days ago.

Mac grinned, "Well, this time I've heard some news that I want you to act on."

"You have?" I asked, suddenly all ears, "What have you heard?"

"It seems Blake's back in business with his gang, I've heard that Blake and a couple of his 'friends,'" Mac paused, making sure to put an emphasis on the word 'friends,' showing that they weren't as much Blake's friends as they were followers. "Are taking a trip to Canada," He continued, "Where they have an important drug order coming in from out of the country," Mac informed me.

"And...?"

"This drug order you see, is big. Tobacco, Stimulants, Antidepressants, Barbiturates, Cannabis, Hallucinogens, Inhalants, Narcotics, Steroids, you name it, he's got every single drug type coming in."

I nodded, "Okay, but why are you telling me this? Are you planning to swap his Cocaine with salt?"

He snorted, "Like that would ever work. Cocaine is nothing like salt. It's-"

"Spare me the drug lesson," I cut in, "And tell me what your plan is."

Mac grinned and held up two fingers, "Two words, my incredibly sexy friend. Rev. Enge."

I shook my head, "No."

Mac pouted, "Why not? It'll be fun, besides I really need to get my hands on some Cannabis."

"Your drug needs aside, I don't think that revenge is a good idea," I gave Mac a stern look. That wasn't the only reason holding me back from going; for one thing I really didn't need to see Blake again.

If it had been anyone else, then I would have been all open to the idea of revenge, but there was something about the glint in Mac's eyes, that told me his 'revenge' would involve harming Blake. And as much as I told myself to hate Blake, I couldn't. Meaning I definitely didn't want to see Blake get harmed, no matter what awful things he had done.

"But-" Mac began to speak but was cut short by the door being thrown open by none other than Elliot.

"Did I hear the words revenge and Blake?" Elliot asked raising an eyebrow. I groaned inwardly, now Elliot knew, this was not going to end well.

"No," I said just as Mac said, "Yes."

"What did you hear Macy boy?" Elliot asked strolling in and leaning against one of the vacant exercise machines

"Shut up," Mac scowled at Elliot before filling him in on what he had just told me.

"We're going," Elliot said after Mac had finished talking.

"No we aren't!" I cried.

"Skye, you may not want to get your revenge but I sure as heck want to get mine," Elliot folded his arms over his chest.

He had me there, when Elliot wanted revenge he would not stop until he got some.

"Please Ellie; can't we just let it go? Forget what happened?"

"No."

I sighed, despairingly, "Please?"

"I'm going," Elliot shrugged, "With or without you."

I narrowed my eyes, scowling, "Fine, but you aren't going without me," I said to him.

Elliot grinned victoriously.

"But I am not - I repeat - not, going to get revenge, you and the rest of our idiot brothers can have your fun."

Elliot's smile don't even waver, he just continued to grin happily at me.

I turned to Mac, "When, where, who, how?"

"Three day's time, at a port near the Canadian borderline, it'll be Blake and a couple of his gang members going to collect the order. A ship will be docking there at exactly noon and the drugs will be on board."

"Easy."

******************************************

(THREE DAYS LATER)

I raised an eyebrow at the sight of the empty port, Mac had told me this place had hundreds of cargo ships coming in everyday, but then again, if Blake was as good at his job, as everyone said he was, then getting rid of a couple hundred ships was easy.

"This is the place?" Elliot asked turning to look at Mac.

Mac nodded, "This is it."

"How long have we got?" Jake turned to Mac.

"Ten minutes," Mac said looking around.

"Do we have to do this?" I asked for the millionth time.

"Yes," all my brothers said simultaneously.

"Why can't we just-" before I could say anymore, Mac put a hand on my mouth to silence me.

"Shut up, they're here," I he said nodding at them.

I frowned at him in confusion before he took his hand away and put a finger to his lips, signalling for me to be quiet.

I heard voices and then footsteps before I heard a familiar voice say, "Why aren't they here yet?"

Blake.

He was here.

I froze and turned to Elliot, who had his fists clenched and was looking around furiously with narrowed eyes.

The footsteps got closer, and before I knew what was happening, Blake and two other people I couldn't recognize were in front of us.

Blake froze, as did I.

"Skye?" he whispered in confusion.

Before I could reply Elliot stepped forwards and punched him in the face. My eyes widened in horror as I saw blood trickled down Blake's nose.

"Blake!" I cried but Mac grabbed my hand and shook his head at me.

I watched as Blake looked up at Elliot and smirked, "Is that all you got?"

That was it. Elliot punched him repeatedly in the stomach causing Blake to double up in pain. Blake's men ran towards Elliot, but Blake shook his head at them, telling them to stay back.

After a moment of catching his breath Blake kicked Elliot but Elliot didn't seem to notice, instead he leapt towards Blake.

"Blake!" I shouted desperately, why wasn't he fighting back?

Blake was momentarily distracted by the sound of my voice and he turned to look at me. Elliot took the opportunity to kick Blake's ankles, throwing him off balance. Blake fell to the ground but before he could try to get up Elliot kicked him his skull repeatedly and I watched in horror as Blake struggled to get up.

"Elliot! Stop!" I cried as tears began making their way down my cheeks. Elliot froze, his foot just inches Blake's ribs.

Elliot's eyes softened and he put his foot on the ground before turning around and walking away.

I broke away from Mac's grip and ran towards Blake who was lying on the ground, groaning in pain.

"Blake?" I whispered crouching down next to him and grabbing his hand, "Oh my god Blake, are you okay?"

Blake's opened his mouth to say something when the sound of police sirens filled the air and I heard Aaron swear loudly.

"Come on Skye we need to get out of here!" Marcus grabbed my hand and pulled me away from Blake.

"Let me go Marcus!" I hissed.

Marcus shook his head, "We need to go Skye. Now!"

I glared at him and tried to yank away my arm but his grip was to strong. Eventually, I stopped struggling and turned my head around and watched Blake struggle to get up, even with the help of his two men, this mere task seemed impossible in his current state.

I shouted out his name, "Blake!"

Blake's head turned and he looked at me before saying something, I frowned in confusion when I couldn't hear his words over the police sirens which seemed to be getting louder and louder, signalling that the cops were very close.

"What?" I shouted desperately, but my words didn't reach his ears because Marcus was already pushing me into the car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 2.1K 35
Seventeen year old Kayla Simmons has always been normal, completely ordinary. So when the new guy in town comes and completely changes everything she...
213K 4.6K 70
Skye Red was born into her family's mafia which just so happens to be the most powerful mafia. She is not a girl to mess with, she's fiery, flirty a...
108K 3.2K 20
"With his death I nearly met mine. Till revenge told me to behead the King." Cameron Martinez, an unnoticed girl who lives in Chicago which seems to...
72K 1.5K 24
She's a fighter He's a cold hearted killer What will happen when their world's collide? ☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘ 17 year old Jennifer has had her f...