Chapter 1✓

Authors note: Hello people of Wattpad, I'm rewriting my authors note about a year after finishing this story and its the weirdest feeling ever, I feel so old.

PLEASE NOTE: A Criminal's Kiss was my first proper story on Wattpad and its far far from perfect. Before you start reading you should know that there are plenty of mistakes and parts that need work and the plot is all over the place, but chances are that everything is being worked on. It is also quite short (which some might like) and therefore might seem rushed (which some might not like). I just wanted to explain this before you start reading so I didn't get the same comments telling me the same thing (although I do appreciate almost every single comment I get, whether it's constructive criticism or praise).

Also, this first chapter does contain violence/killing. Nothing too bad but if you know you don't like that sort of thing then please keep that in mind.

If I haven't put you off already, then I hope you enjoy it! 

**************************************************************

I lit my cigarette and put the lighter back in my pocket, eyeing the man on the floor cautiously. He lay broken and battered; his face swollen, his nose bleeding, his arms and legs broken.

All because of me.

Did I feel the guilt? The pity? The remorse?

The answer was short and harsh.

No.

I took a long drag of smoke from the cigarette in my hands. I was meant to have quit a while back but it calmed me down, especially in situations like this.

I shook my head and turned back to the helpless man before me on the floor. "Please...," he sobbed quietly, "I have a wife and two kids at home. They need me."

I raised an eyebrow at the familiar line and turned to look my brother, Aaron. "What do you think Ary? Does he deserve to be spared?"

Aaron strolled forward and grabbed the man by his tie, yanking him up to stand on his feet. I tried not to roll my eyes at the clichéness of it all. Aaron liked to watch Mafia films. He really liked to watch Mafia films.

"Tell me Mr. Jones, when we came to get our money, why didn't we get it?" Aaron asked menacingly, not letting go.

"B-because I d-didn't have it," Mr. Jones stuttered.

Aaron threw a punch at his stomach, causing Mr. Jones to double up in pain.

Mr. Jones was in his late 40s. He had a balding head which was shining with sweat and his eyes were wide in panic. He wore a suit that would have been fairly nice if it hadn't been for the fact that it was incredibly tight around his rather short and chubby frame. Judging by his physical appearance he really wasn't built to take punches.

"I know that Mr. Jones," Aaron gritted his teeth, "the question is; why did you not have it?"

"M-my wife asked to use the money for a new car," he wheezed.

"Oh how nice. Did your wife like the car?" Another voice filled the empty warehouse and I turned to find my two other brothers, Jake and Marcus, making their way towards us.

"She er... she..."

"Martin, would you care to share with us, what car you bought with our money?" Jake asked folding his arms over his chest and narrowing his eyes at Mr. Jones, who gulped, clearly finding the gesture threatening.

"It was a...a..." Mr. Jones trailed off. The muscle in Marcus' jaw twitched and I smirked, realizing that I wasn't the only one that had noticed the uncertainty in Martin's voice when he had lied.