Baby It's You

By dejtooturnt

Nate's cousin Destiny pays him an unexpected visit after an incident back home. When Derek Luh meets her, he... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
EDITING
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 30

323 5 0
By dejtooturnt

|Destiny|

"Hey." I awkwardly said as I sat down at the restaurant table across from Steven.

This is so fucking awkward already and I just sat down.

"Hey." Steven awkwardly smiled at me.

"Before I say anything, I want you to know that I'm really sorry about everything." I placed my hands on my lap, not knowing where to place them.

My anxiety is through the roof right now and my heart feels like it's going to beat out of my chest.

"Alright." Steven said folding his hands on the table in front of him.

"I had a modeling gig in Italy so Derek came out along with my friend Sage and my cousin Isabelle. Long story short, I came back to our hotel room and found Derek and Isabelle laying in our bed together and I flipped out and  came back to LA." I spoke and he looked confused as to what the hell I was talking about.

"It's part of this whole thing so just keep up." I said.

"When I came back to LA, I cut Derek and everyone off except my cousin Nate and of course my friends that I was living with. I was heartbroken because of what Derek did to me and I wanted to hurt him. I wanted to hurt someone like he hurt me." I sighed at how pathetic I sounded.

"So you wanted to hurt me?" Steven spoke sadly.

"Yeah I did. I thought that it would make me feel better but it didn't. It made me feel like shit and when we were at Nate's house and I left it's because I was in the bathroom crying about how shitty I felt. I realized that I needed to end my plan and that was to get you to leave. I didn't wanna hurt you because I know how bad that hurts and I couldn't do it, I'm not a mean girl." I looked down at my lap so I didn't have to look at Steven.

"Did you ever have feelings for me? Cause when we talked privately at Nate's you said you weren't feeling me anymore but with this story is seems like you never did." Steven now sounded angry but still hurt.

"I didn't. I kept bringing you around because like I said, I wanted to hurt you. I wanted to make you like me or even love me and then I planned on never talking to you again because I thought it would make me feel better. Plus, it was making Derek jealous and I found that as a bonus." I found the courage to look up at Steven. Only because I wanted to see his expression.

"Well, you did hurt me. How does that make you feel? Does it make you feel good? Are you proud of yourself now?" Steven stood up from the table so I quickly stood up to sit him down so we could finish the conversation.

"I feel horrible." I sat Steven back down and made sure he was gonna stay. I didn't wanna leave without some understanding.

"Have you ever dealt with a heartbreak?" I asked.

"Yeah, once." Steven spoke.

"What happened?" I was trying to make a point right now so hopefully this plan works.

"She didn't trust me. She had issues with a past boyfriend so she had trust issues. I wasn't doing anything behind her back but with the way she thinks, she always thought I was which caused us to argue all the time. At the beginning, I accepted it and wanted to fix her but as time went on, I couldn't handle it anymore. I felt like every time I wanted to go out somewhere without her, she would think I'm doing something behind her back. I felt like I couldn't live my life anymore. I was tired of arguing every day with her so we decided to stop talking." Steven said.

"When you go through heartbreak, you do stupid things and you feel angry at the world. You do things out of sadness, like me. I was angry at the world Steven. I want you to know that I'm not that girl and I'm so sorry." I wiped a tear falling from my eye.

I was sorry. I wanted Steven to understand that I wasn't in my right state of mind. All I wanted to do was hurt someone because that's how I was feeling.

I hope he understands.

"I forgive you." Steven half smiled at me which made me feel so much better.

"Can I hug you?" I asked awkwardly.

"Cmon." Steven stood up and hugged me making me laugh.

"Thank you for meeting up with me Destiny. And thank you for being honest and not saying some lame excuse." He smiled at me as we walked out of the restaurant.

"I owed you the truth and thank you for hearing me out." We hugged one last time before we both walked to our cars and left.

Once I sat down in the car and got myself situated, I pulled out my phone to call Derek and tell him how everything went.

I know he said to call him when I got in there so he could hear everything but I wasn't gonna do that. That's crazy.

"Hey baby." Derek answered the phone which put a bigger smile on my face.

"I just met up with Steven." I said.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I told him why I did what I did and he forgave me." I started my car so the air would go on. It was getting hot in the car.

"Can I see you later?" He asked.

"Of course you can." I laughed.

"Let's go ice skating." He said.

"What time do you wanna go?" I asked looking at the time on the phone.

"5." It was only 1 so I had plenty of time to redress for ice skating and then to do whatever I wanted before.

"I'll see you then." I smiled.

"Drive safe baby, I love you." He said.

"I love you too baby." I hung up the phone and started backing out of the parking lot.

---

I arrived home and it was 3:45pm. I decided to go get ready for ice skating because I had no idea what I wanted to wear.

I put on some black leggings and a black long sleeve shirt and a cute green jacket. Some white pumas and a pink Michael Kors backpack.

I touched up my makeup and fixed my hair and then laid in my bed until Derek would text me.

Since it was already 4:32, I had plenty of time to myself.

"Sage watch out!" Naomi yelled at Sage which made me jump up. They're not supposed to be here until later.

They'll totally see Derek come pick me up now that their home.

I quickly texted Derek a spot to meet me instead.

I walked downstairs to see Naomi and Sage still arguing for whatever reason. They always argue over the stupidest shit.

"What's going on?" I huffed as I walked into the kitchen.

"Sage keeps stepping on the back of my shoes and making them dirty." Naomi rolled her eyes at Sage.

"Your shoes are black, I'm sure you can't tell." I laughed and sat down on the couch.

"I bet I can. Where are you going?" Naomi asked.

Shit. I forgot to come up with an idea. I should've thought about this before coming down here. I should've known they were gonna question me.

"Bowling." I lied.

"Oh, with who?" Sage asked.

"Nate." I said. I hope they don't go over his house today because then they'd be suspicious and so will Nate. Plus, Derek would be gone too so they would know we were together.

"I'm gonna go now so I'll see you guys later." I said and quickly walked out of the front door.

I walked down the king street until I got to the end and was out of sight from the house. I wish this could be easier.

It was now 4:56 so Derek could arrive any minute. Just to make sure he was on his way, I called him.

"Hello?" Derek spoke.

"Did you leave yet?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm almost there. Are you that excited to see me that you got there early?" He teased.

"Naomi and Sage came home early so I left. I told them I was going bowling with Nate." I said.

"What happens if they find out you're not with Nate?" Derek asked.

"We'll think of something." I assured him.

"I'm pulling up now." He said and we both hung up the phone.

I looked around me and made sure there was nobody around.

I saw Derek's black Mercedes pull up and I quickly got in and we took off ice skating.

"Gimme a kiss." Derek said as he pulled up to a stop sign.

I leaned over and gave him a kiss and he continued driving.

"Who do you think would be more mad that we're together? Nate or Sage and Naomi?" I asked.

"Sage and Naomi definitely." Derek laughed.

"Why do you think so?" I couldn't blame him for thinking that. I was low key thinking the same.

"Nate would move on from it because he knows that I didn't cheat on you. He knows how I feel about you so I don't think he would be mad that we're back together but it's still not really certain, you know how he is. Girls are different then guys. They hold grudges longer and that's why I think they'll be more mad. They don't hear how I talk about you like Nate and the guys do. So they just think I'm this bad guy." Derek said.

"They're both my best friends and they just want the best for me. So I can see why they would get mad because they don't know what to believe and they don't want to see me get hurt." I stuck up for them on that part.

"I would be the same way if someone did that to them." I spoke up again.

I don't know how much longer this secret relationship is gonna last between Derek and I before we say something or someone finds out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 1.9K 13
"Derek..." I laughed not hesitating to run up to him, I launched myself into his arms, and we stood there holding each other, my feet barely touching...
60.8K 880 25
In which a girl named Teddy falls in love with a boy named Derek Luh.
6.1K 148 30
You decided to dm your idol one day as a joke, until he sees it. disclaimer- my name is not brianna wilson and this story is completely fictional. T...
1.9K 245 46
(COMPLETED) Cassie Logan had everything, she had the looks the grades and even the boy she thought was the one in high school. Everything changed whe...