Dorm Mates with Aomine Daiki...

By LittleFictionWriter

(UNDER MAJOR GRAMMAR CONTRUCTION, AND POSSIBLY REARRANGING CHAPTERS AND PARTS) [Aomine Daiki x OC] Sugahara K... More

Dorm Mates with Aomine Daiki
2: Precautions from a Best Friend
3: First Day Dramas
4: Jealousy ensues and the Meeting with Akashi Seijuurou
5: Of Best Friends and Guilty Pleasures
6: Problem Arises
7: Beaten; Bloodied
8: Hospital Visits
10: That Person from the Past
11: A thing that people might call "a mistake"
12: Of tears and Attempted Cheer-ups
13: He remembers; The Untold Secrets
14: Getting to know him better
15: Saved(again) by the Devil in Blue
16: Always expect the Unexpected
17: Soft Spots for the Other
18: Angels in Disguise
19: Challenge Accepted
20: A Stolen First Kiss
21: Beach Dares
22: A Reminiscing Dance
23: Drunk Party
24: It's Kuroko time
25: Visit(s) and Past Memories
26: Comforting Periods
27: Flight back Home
28: An Intimate Moment shared
29: I told you to expect it, didn't I?
30: The Diamond Ring
Epilogue: Seriously?
Announcement for Sequel!
Prologue for TM!

9: The Dangers that held

10.3K 285 49
By LittleFictionWriter

9: The Dangers that held

*-*-*-*

The days with both Aomine and Kise were absolutely fantastic. No sarcasm there. They both cheered me up in every way they can, and to my utter surprise, they got along really well. It was as though they were brothers on a huge fight, but reconciled when they saw their little sister hurt and it was their responsibility to take care of her. My heart swelled with happiness, finally feeling like everything was in the right places.

Or so I thought.

That day, a few days after the incident, Aomine, Kise and I were goofing around; telling jokes to one another. But then, someone I didn't expect, or rather, didn't even think of caring about me, came. In her hands tucked a bouquet of flowers, to which she handed them to me with that sickly sweet smile plastering on her face.

"Here," she said, handing me the bouquet. Many bright yellow flowers are clumped together, and I recognised it immediately. Late mother always lectured about this flower. A begonia. In flower language, it means..

Beware.

I paled slightly, but didn't miss my chance to thank her. Before she could make her next move, I stopped her. "Hey," I asked, "What's your name?"

"Shizuka," she introduced herself. "I'm Shizuka. You're Kaede right? Daughter of Sugahara-san, our principal." She laughed, but to my ears it sounded like she was cackling. She then turned to Aomine.

"Aomine-kun," she called, taking his hand. "Aomine-kun, can you come with me for a second?"

"Uh..." He looked at us both for confirmation, hesitance written all over his face. Kise sort of urged him with his eyes, but I just stared at the flowers, and he sighed in defeat. "Fine," he grumbled, followed her out. My heart clenched to see him go with her, my eyes glued to their laced fingers. Fair and tanned...

They quite matched...

As soon as they were out of earshot, Kise turned to me with a serious expression. "Okay, Kaecchi, what's wrong?"

"Eh?" I snapped out of my thoughts. "What's wrong?" I questioned him back.

Kise gripped my shoulders, looking at me in the eye. "I know you're lying. Ever since Shizuka came in and gave you those flowers you paled. We aren't best friends for nothing."

I sighed. So he did see through me.

"She gave me a Begonia.." I motioned towards the flowers, trembling. "In the flower language, it means, "beware"."

Kise's eyes went wide, as he stared at me. "Are you sure, Kaecchi..?"

I nodded, still trembling. "Mother always lectured me about this, and she always say to be cautious after that. She also made me swore to never give them to anyone. I.." I paused, my tremble becoming worse. "I... I never thought I would receive this. Never in my life, dreams, thoughts. What should I do?" I looked at Kise, searching his eyes for help.

"Calm down, okay?" Kise assured me, pulling me into a hug. I know I'm a scaredy cat, but don't you feel scared when you know that someone holds a grudge onto you? And they don't just hurt you, they have a chance of hurting your loved ones as well. And I certainly do not want that.

I shook, not knowing how to react. Kise held me and rocked me back and forth, whispering words of assurance to my ear. Fortunately, I calmed down and my heart held a serene feeling, but all of that shattered when I saw Aomine getting back in. He had a slightly disheveled look, and a satisfied smile over his lips. His lips.. They were swollen too. Red and swollen.

However, when he saw Kise's and mine current state, the smile faltered.

"What's wrong..?" He asked, his tone a mixture of worried and cautious. Kise just shook his head.

"Aominecchi, do you want to stay here or return? It's already in my shift."

"Oh, really?" He checked the time. "Oh.. Yeah. I better go. See you in a few hours, Kaede, Kise." And then he left.

I was silent by then, with Kise staring at me, wondering what's wrong with me now. I kept looking at the gleaming white floor. The tears threatened to fall, but I know that if I break down, Kise won't ever forgive Aomine. And it's not Aomine's fault, it's mine.

So I did one thing that would hopefully change the tension between us.

I smiled up at him. "Hey Kise, when will I be discharged?"

*-*-*-*

Both of them switched, as promised. Somehow, my time with Kise was more anticipated than Aomine. When he usually has his turn, I'd either be asleep or having a check-up.

"Doctor," I called when Aomine was about to go out for another check-up. "Can Aomine stay? Please?"

Aomine looked at me incredulously, but when he saw the look in my eyes, he stood his ground and stayed. The doctor nodded reluctantly. "Now would you please do the routine, Ms Sugahara?"

I turned around and pulled my shirt over my head. Cuts and bruises littered my back, swollen and purple. Some of the exposed flesh were looking better, others worse. The doctor examined me, and the atmosphere was so tense that I could drop dead in fear.

When he told me to turn around, the same thing happened when it was with the last few checkups. The doctor was staring at my chest, even though the cuts and worse bruises littered at my stomach and shoulders. There was a short cut across my neck too, but it wasn't that bad.

That's when I saw Aomine's expression. He was soaking in fury, seeing the where Doctor's eyes went as well. He was about to get off the bed and punch the doctor, his fist already in position.

"Wait, Aomine don't!" I jumped forward, one hand grabbing his fist, the other around his back. I buried myself onto his chest, hugging him tightly. The fury in eyes wasn't unnoticeable, it was blazing. The doctor, sweating profusely, cleared his throat, grabbed his things wordlessly and walked out.

I was still holding onto Aomine, hugging him tightly until he lowered his hand. I didn't trust him enough. Who knows what would happen if I didn't? He would probably chase after the doctor and punch him square in the face before I could even slip my shirt on. Speaking of which...

I slowly let go of him, stepping back. A sigh of relief was blown out. "Wow," I heard him breathe out, "I didn't know it'll look that bad under the clothes."

I smiled painfully. "You have no idea."

"Uhh..." I heard him say. I looked up and saw him blushing beet, handing me my shirt. I smirked, slipping it back on.

"Blushing, Aomine?"

"Shut up!"

*-*-*-*

"You just need a few more days of rest, and then you're off," the female doctor looked through the papers on her clipboard, and gave me a small smile. I returned it with a smile full gratitude of my own, and she ruffled my hair. It had been a week since the incident of Aomine and The Male Doctor, and he'd requested the staff for me to have a Female Doctor switched with me.

"The only one who can see it is me and me alone," he said. And it still brought me confusion everytime I think about it.

Just as the doctor left, Kise came in, carrying an opaque plastic bag. "Hey, Kaecchi," he greeted, giving me a side hug.

"Hey there Kise," I hugged him back. He set the plastic bag down, and when I crawled to take it, he pulled me back.

"Nu-uh, Kaecchi," he chuckled. "Not now,"

I pouted, "Why?"

He chuckled, ruffling my hair. "Wait until it's fairly empty okay?"

"You owe me Coffee Beans," I squinted my eyes and pointed at him accusingly. He waved it off dismissively, making me glare daggers at him.

Once all of the nurses were gone and Kise felt like it was okay to actually take out the contents in the bag, he did. And I really could not believe my eyes. It was really Coffee Beans. My Guilty Pleasures, Chicago Cheesecake and Caramel Macchiato!

So that's why he shrugged me off dismissively!

"KISE!" I screamed, throwing my arms around him. He chortled lightly, carefully handling my sweet treats. They're heavenly bliss, I tell you. If you got into a fight with me, this is just the thing to make me talk with you again.

"Okay, okay, Kaecchi.." Kise calmed me down. I couldn't. I was fidgety, full of excitement. It was an awesome feeling. Kise then opened the small packaging and handed the piece of cake to me, along with a plastic fork they kept. I wasted no time and broke of the end of the cake, immediately putting in my mouth. It melted inside, and I sighed in pure ecstasy. There are just some things in life that you could never be bored or tired of, yeah?

"Eat up," Kise urged, laughing when I got some of the cake contents on my nose. I pouted, taking it and flicking some towards him. We laughed and played about, until we were given a warning from a nurse because we were noisy and some people needed their rest.

"Oh, Kaecchi!" He suddenly piped up, making me stop from finishing my cake.

"What is it?" I asked, can't help but having my curiosity piqued by his tone.

"My new photobook is out!" Kise announced excitedly, taking out the book from another bag. My expression turned into a gasp of surprise, immediately snatching the book from his hand.

"Oh, my GOD." I squealed, flipping from one page to another. The Kise on the photo was so mature-looking, hot, and professional. Something girls would always fangirl and ogle to. I smiled, grateful that I actually known Kise and interacted with him as a friend. Surely girls would kill to be in my place.

"Oh.. There's a fansign at the Mall next two weeks, are you going to come?" Kise asked, but his eyes were more into pleas than an actual ask. I looked at him disbelievingly.

"Kise," I put down my magazine and started gently. "In our five years of friendship, has there any fansigns?"

He nodded slowly. "Yeah.."

"How many?"

".... Five?"

"Nope. Seven, since they found out you live nearby. And have you ever seen me missing one?"

Slowly, he was deep in thought, then after a while he shook his head. "You were present and one of the first. It still amazes me because usually they sleep at the entrance of the mall the night before."

I gave off a laugh. "Exactly! So you don't have to worry, okay?"

Kise's phone rang, interrupting our little conversation. He excused himself and quickly picked up the phone, talking for about what seem to be a minute. When he was done, he had this huge smile on his face.

"You'll go, right?" Kise asked once more, and I don't know if I should pull him into a hug or rap my knuckles across his head. This blondie.

"Yes, I will, Kise."

"No! Wait. It's because, since you're always one of the first, and this is my big break in the model industry, they rented a limo and told me to bring two friends. I already confirmed one, so there's one spot left. You think we should reserve for Aominecchi?"

"Let's try and ask."

And out of a sudden, I just couldn't wait to be released from the hospital to be back at school. I felt as though I missed a lot. I felt giddy. Hang in there, Kaede. You'll be out in a few more days.

But I can't help but feel something inside me telling me that something is wrong.

*-*-*-*

A/N: This is it. I won't be posting for another two weeks at the minimum, since exams has started. There's someone new in the next chapter, but that won't be revealed until I post it ;D

Next Update: I'm not too sure either, but if I can update early, I will. Probably on the night of February 16th. Trust me guys, if it wasn't for exams, I would be posting a chapter every week.

Until then, loves!

- Lynn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 10K 22
AONE X READER || A short story COMPLETED ! - being rewritten VERY SLOWLY *** The train was packed, filled with people going to work, school and oth...
2.1K 69 19
Y/N just recently went through something and is struggling through it mentally, she hides this from her best friend Bokuto. While in the middle of th...
4K 87 9
After their relationship went on a break. It seems akashi really can't just let him go....because akashi is truly hopeless without him... I mean it w...
387K 9.8K 30
Here you are!! (L/N) (Y/N)... well what can be said, you're the typical girl, like any other girl...ok maybe not! you may look normal on the outside...