𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞

By cosmixcs

「 just a game • liskook • under revision 」 ―it only started out as a game, but after further advances, it see... More

「 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 」
「 𝐨𝐧𝐞 」
「 𝐭𝐰𝐨 」
「 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 」
「 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 」

「 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 」

10.7K 466 35
By cosmixcs

"here's the last of the notes you missed, by the way," rosé said with a smile. "if you were meeting with the chairman, i'm sure our professor would have gotten hold of that from the office and marked you present."

"thanks!" lisa said cheerfully.

jisoo and rosé were standing at the entrance, getting ready to leave. jennie was in her car, waiting for them as well.

"by the way," rosé started as jisoo began to walk towards their ride, "i don't know if i'm the right person to say this to you but, jisoo... she's right, you know.

"what do you mean by that?" lisa asked, tilting her head to the side.

rosé grabbed both lisa's hand gently. "about jeon jungkook. he and his group of guys aren't good to be around with," she said, a look of worry glinted in her eyes. "if he ever comes to you, remember to act with caution."

and with that, rosé walked away after saying their goodbyes.

with a final wave to jennie, who honked her horn to lisa, she walked to the front desk of the condo.

"minyoung," she said to the woman at the desk. "call for irene."

minyoung nodded silently before picking up the telephone to call for her while lisa took a seat in the waiting room, making herself comfortable.

it was only after a few minutes later that a woman appeared from the elevator, wearing tight, black jeans with a white top that couldn't properly cover her thin waist. her perfectly brown long hair flowed down below her shoulders as she carried herself elegantly towards lisa.

"oh, you're here," lisa said with a smile while the girl in front of her took a seat in front of her. "irene, do you have any past documents about the jeon family, more specifically about jungkook?"

irene looked around carefully before responding. "i admire your ability to approach people with your unbelievably angel-like personality, lisa, but you do know i can't provide you with any of that information, right? your mother made it clear to me that touching any file of the jeons is prohibited."

frowning slightly, the blond sighed. "i just don't get it," she spoke, "why is everyone telling me to steer clear of him? is he that bad of a person?"

"yet why do you continue to talk to him despite your friends telling you not to?" irene asked.

"because apparently we—" lisa stopped in ger tracks and looked at irene up and down. "don't tell me you've been following after me again," she grumbled, crossing her arms.

"sorry, lisa. it's my job to be following after you this closely. your mother asked us to take you in during your stay in korea, and since we've been business partners for more than a century, we obviously couldn't say no," irene calmly said.

the blond sighed. "does this mean you know what happened while i was in the office?" she asked.

irene nodded. "mrs. manoban had already told us that this would happen... though, it really is a funny coincidence," she quietly chuckled, her red lips forming into a smile.

"what is?"

irene shrugged. "this is your first time meeting jeon jungkook? a day after you've transferred?"

"well, yes," lisa answered.

the woman smiled yet again. "haha, it really is funny."

groaning, lisa stood from her seat. "i hate it when you speak in some kind of code and kep it to yourself," she mumbled. "if you don't have what i need, then i guess i'll be leaving."

"wait, lisa," irene called for her in a rather surprised tone. curious, lisa looked back to find that a few men were gathered around the front desk. irene had already stood up from her seat and headed towards them right after she called for lisa.

she was, after all, this luxurious condominium's owner despite also having to be lisa apparent substitute mother slash older sister.

as lisa was interested in the situation, she slowly began to walk in an inconspicuous way towards them.

"ah, yes," lisa heard a familiar voice in the conversation. unfortunately, she couldn't see who it belonged to as there were multiple men around irene and the person she was talking to. "yes, i'm looking for my daughter-in-law. i heard from her mother that she's residing here during her stay. lalisa manoban."

the blond froze and began slowly backing away.

nope, nope, nope, nope, nope—

"lisa!" irene had called for her. it was too late. she had already been caught.

"hey do you guys know someone named lisa?" taehyung asked plainly, looking around at the guys. all of them shrugged or gave a straight answer of no.

he looked back at jungkook, who had fallen asleep.

"what, did a girl text him or something?" jin sarcastically asked.

the six of them chuckled at the joke. they've known jungkook since they were little, meaning they knew every single thing about their 'adorable' youngest.

he wasn't the type to screw around like jin, or be unbearable kind to the female species, like hoseok or jimin.

out of everyone, his personality was the range of taehyung—the type that disliked women.

extremely.

taehyung attracted women wherever he went, yet he doesn't spare a glance towards them. it made the other guys think that he instead liked the same gender, but taehyung denied it.

the only time he ever did give attention to any girl was when he wanted something from them, or when he thought they would be of use to him.

except for the woman-hating part of taehyung, jungkook was seemingly close to that. he had an attractive face, not to mention a magnificent physique—no one could deny that.

but he avoided girls. not that he didn't like them, but instead, he had no idea how to act when he was around them. he didn't understand the way females interacted. he found it confusing.

and if he ever did need to talk to unimportant females, he would respond in an annoyed manner, or act in a way that could turn them off.

for example, acting like an asshole.

when he does need to, though, he could communicate properly with them. especially if he were to be told by his father to consult with a female business partner in his stead, or when he would attend social gatherings.

apart from that, he felt no need to get close to them.

hoseok gave out a painfully dramatic gasp.  "has our cranky little boy find someone to play with?"

"oh no! our jungkookie's going to leave us!" jin continued, his face warping into that of a pout.

"disgusting. never do that again," yoongi grumbled from the other couch. he was in the middle of trying to go to sleep, but listening to their discussion made him forget why he went through all the trouble to claim one couch as his napping station while they watched their movie.

jungkook grumbled as his eyelids slowly opened. "you guys do know that i can hear you, right?" he said, swiping his phone away from tae's hands.

"oh look, our baby kook's awake," namjoon joked as the others continued to laugh.

sighing, jungkook opened his phone to find that another text from lisa had popped out.

lisa: i have a situation at my place
lisa: [location]
lisa: i need you to come right now

he raised a brow and scoffed at his screen. jungkook swiped it from his notifications and got up to get some water. noticing this, taehyung watched him undetected.

feeling another buzz from his pocket, jungkook grumbled yet again.

lisa: your father is here
lisa: hurry

suddenly, his eyes went wide. he dashed towards the exit without notifying anyone.

surprised, jimin blinked twice. "just now... that was jungkook, right?"

as if it was an automatic impulse, taehyung ran after jungkook, grabbing his keys as he went.

this caused a slight pause from the rest of the guys before they all stood and grabbed their jackets.

"something's bound to be happening—i can feel it," jin said, pulling the blanket off of an annoyed yoongi.

hoseok turned off the television as the rest of them began making their way to jimin's car.

jimin sighed. "i just hope they aren't making any more ruckus."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 5.5K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
852K 19.4K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
990K 61.2K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.2M 54.4K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC