Just a Girl (girlxgirl) (Book...

By AndrewHeard8

Dawn sets her sights on self-discovery and Faith decides to go along with her. They both discover something t... More

Back Alleys and Bar Stools
High School Times
Fun with Faith
Ghost Touches
Decisions
In The Doorway
Make Out Movie
The Goodnight Kiss
Figuring Things Out
Family Favours
The Red Eye
Fighting Back
Declarations
Mending Fences and Broken Promises
Hearts and Roses
Finding Middle Ground
The Teddy Bear Dances
Honest Conversations
Young and In Love
Planning with Lingerie
A Night of Memories

Sudden Impulses

646 19 0
By AndrewHeard8

Wow, that was cool.

We break our way into the bathroom, laughing.

I guess last time wasn't a fluke. We really do have a lot of fun together. We've been dancing all night and every moment has been a lot of fun. Faith is a great person to spend time with. She knows exactly how to have the best fun. Being around her makes me feel so free, so alive. It's a really great feeling. I just hope that she feels the same way. She said she had a lot of fun last night, but is she having the same kind of fun tonight? I mean, she's laughing. We played that joke on a guy a second ago. He was totally checking us both out.

He wasn't that great looking, but he sure had confidence. He went right up to us and asked if we wanted to dance, both of us at the same time. So I had an idea. And I think Faith had the same idea because she totally went along with what I was doing. I went right up to him and played it cool, turned on the charm. Then Faith started doing the same thing, making him think that we both wanted him so bad. He fell for it like a ton of bricks.

He actually thought we were both really into him. Then again, who wouldn't with Faith draped all over him like she was? I had the idea that we'd give him a dance to remember and then leave him high and dry. But Faith had other ideas. She leaned into him and whispered in his ear. To hear what she said, I pressed my body right up against his. Her words had him all but squirming in his jeans. She said...

'Why don't we skip the dance, go out into the alley and the three of us can have a REAL good time?'

It took everything I had not to crack up laughing right then and there. Any guy with half a brain would know that there was no way that was going to happen, but we had him so worked up he would've believed anything we said. We could've told him the sky was yellow and he would believe us. So it worked, and he might as well have run for the back exit. We followed him to the door and he pretty much did our work for us. He went out into the back alley and only turned around once the door was closed, and we were nowhere in sight. The second the door closed we cracked up laughing.

Neither of us could believe that he actually fell for that. It was the funniest thing I'd ever seen, or been a part of. Then some of the people around us started looking at us like we had two heads or something, so we put a lid on it until we got here. And now I think I'm gonna fall over I'm laughing so hard. That was hilarious.

Trying to look at Faith, I notice my eyes are all blurry. I wipe away the tears in my eyes with my fingers and try to stop laughing. It's hard though because that was so much fun and really funny. We both start to calm down a little. Faith is the first to almost speak. Thankfully, it doesn't look like anyone else is in here right now.

"That was..."

"Funny as hell..."

She nods with her head when her laughing gets to a manageable level.

"Yeah..."

It's still a little hard to believe.

"Can you believe he fell for that?"

"Actually... yeah..."

She can?

I look at her slightly confused but with a big grin on my face since I'm still trying to stop laughing.

"Really?"

Again she nods her head.

"Yeah, I used to see it all the time. It was a trick I used to use on a lot of guys back in SunnyD."

Both of our laughing slowly dies off as we start talking.

"How come?"

"Well, I used to have a pretty big rep back in that town. I'm sure I don't have to tell you what kind. Some guys even got it into their heads that I was a complete slut who'd sleep with anything with a pulse. So they'd come on to me just like that guy did. Figuring I'd just give it up if they asked. I came up with a way to show them differently."

"Oh... they didn't get mad?"

"Course they got mad. But it's not like any of them could do anything about it you know?"

She flexes her right bicep at me like she's a body builder.

Right...

"Some of them I had to fend off, but most of them were high school guys who had friends still in the club. If they came back in they'd get ridiculed to death. So it wasn't like I had much to worry about. It's been a while since I've done it though. In prison I was pretty much handing out beatings on a daily basis."

Faith looks into the nearby mirror and begins fixing herself up. I look in the mirror myself.

All that laughing and sweating on the dance floor must've messed up our make up.

I start to fix my own make up as best I can.

"That bad eh...?"

She looks my way with an 'are you kidding?' look on her face.

"It was prison."

"Right, well, I've never been."

"And you should thank your lucky stars for that. It's not a place I'd want anyone to go. Plus, I'm sure the girls in D block wouldn't mind getting a piece of you."

She did NOT just say that.

"Gee, thanks."

"I only speak the truth. But anyway, it was fun to go back to the basics, have a little fun."

I smile at her as I do all I can with my make up.

"I may have to use it. Sounds like a good system."

"I thought so. But then that was back in my wild days. Things have changed."

"And so have you."

She stops checking her make up and smiles at me.

"Thanks..."

"No problem..."

There are a few moments of silence between us when our eyes meet. Taking a deep breath, I look around the bathroom.

"So what kind of system do you have now?"

"Sorry?"

"For guys and stuff..."

She moves away from the mirror and kinda half paces.

"Honestly, I couldn't tell you. It's been so long since I've been on the market. I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I don't think anyway."

"I know what you mean. I have no idea what I'm looking for. I don't think I'm even looking at all. Like I said before, I'm just more interested in having fun."

Our eyes meet again and she smiles.

"Then you and I have something in common kid."

The sound of her calling me kid kinda kills the happy mood.

"Faith, could you not do that?"

Her face gets a confused look.

"Do what?"

"Call me kid. I'm not a kid anymore. It's taken me a whole year to get Buffy to stop calling me Dawnie, and she still does it sometimes. I really don't need another kiddy nickname."

"Sure k... sure thing, no problem."

A grin comes over my face when she agrees.

"Thanks."

A long moment of silence hits the room and I feel strangely uncomfortable by the fact that we're not talking.

This is a totally weird feeling. I don't remember feeling this kind of uncomfortable with anyone before, which is even weirder because I've felt all kinds of uncomfortable with a lot of people. I think I'm a little nervous too, totally strange.

Just as the room full of silence gets a little too much, the song playing in the rest of the club changes and Faith breaks the silence.

"So, you ready to go back out there and tear up the dance floor?"

That's probably a good idea.

"Sure, I don't think I'm ready to go home just yet."

"Then let's get to it."

Faith shoves my shoulder playfully and I use the momentum to turn back towards the door. We leave the bathroom together, dodging the first girl to come through the doors since us who's followed by a couple of friends. Instantly we head to the dance floor where a bunch of guys and girls are already dancing to what sounds like a pretty good song.

I don't think I know this song, but I can't say I hate it.

Faith and I find an empty spot on the dance floor and start to move. The beat starts to flow through me like it always does and I let it tell me how to dance. My hips are the first to move, slowly swaying to the music more and more. Then the beat spreads its way from my hips to my legs and stomach and they start to move too. I can't help but look over at Faith next to me as I dance and I can see she likes the song just as much as I am. It isn't long before my whole body is into the music.

That fun calm feeling comes over me as I dance. The rest of the dancers start to crowd around us and I move a little closer to Faith. She does the same and we smile at each other as our eyes meet while we dance. With the music picking up into what I think is supposed to be the chorus, Faith turns her back to me and gets even closer. Our bodies are inches from each other and she bends over slightly, shaking her ass into my crotch. Something about that makes me wanna dance even harder as she moves away from me.

My hands slowly move their way up my body and run themselves through my hair as I raise them above my head, swaying harder to the music. As my hands drop to my sides again, I turn on the dance floor ever so slowly 360 degrees. When I make it the whole way around, Faith is there next to me dancing her heart out.

There's not a thing in the world I'd rather be doing right now then having fun with Faith. It's just the greatest feeling in the world to be on the dance floor with her. Nowhere else I want to be. I don't think I could be even if I wanted to. I almost feel like I'm drawn to her somehow. Like when she's around I just have to be near her. And every moment I'm around her I feel great. It's like nothing I've ever felt before.

We turn our backs to each other and press them together, dancing together that way. I turn my head and I can see her face out of the corner of her eye, a huge smile on it. Much like the one I know I'm wearing now.

* * *

The door to mine and my sister's place quickly comes up on us as Faith and I step off the elevator, starting towards it. I see it and for some reason I hate the fact that it's there. I have no idea why, but I do.

Does it have to be so close to the elevator? Why can't we live in one of the apartments that's farther away from it? It would just be so much better. I'm not sure why exactly, but it would.

"So Dawn..."

I look at Faith next to me. We stop in front of the door to talk.

"Did you have an absolutely horrible time?"

The question she asks makes me chuckle. Trying to put on my most serious face, I answer.

"Yes, it was terrible and I never wanna do it again."

Silence fills the hallway as we both struggle to maintain the serious act. It doesn't last long though because we both crack up laughing.

"I loved every second of it. Going clubbing with you is fun."

She nods her head to agree.

"I could say the same about you."

Something about her saying that puts a smile on my face.

"Thanks..."

Faith smiles back and I'm kinda at a loss as to what I should say next. Thankfully, she's not having my same problem.

"We should do it again. Some time soon."

"Sure, how about Saturday? That way Buffy can't nag me about having school in the morning."

"Sounds good."

Suddenly we're hit with another brick wall of that uncomfortable silence I felt earlier.

Wow, this feels totally awkward.

Again Faith puts a stop to it.

"So, see ya then?"

"You can bet on it."

"Okay..."

I can feel another silence coming on as neither of us seems to go anywhere. Then, for no particular reason, I lean forward and kiss her on the cheek before moving back. All of the sudden I panic as I see Faith avoid eye contact with me.

"All right, see ya."

Faith turns and starts walking back towards the elevator at her words. Reaching into my pocket, I pull out my keys and unlock the door. Some feeling in me, forces my eyes in Faith's direction as she keeps walking. She almost catches my gaze as she looks my way and I open my door, going inside. I close the door behind me and lean against it as I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding in.

What the heck was that? I kissed her on the cheek. I gave Faith a kiss on the cheek. Why did I do that? There was that whole uncomfortable silence thing that was going to happen and then I kissed her. We were standing there and I gave her a kiss. On the cheek, I gave her a kiss on the cheek. I don't understand. Where did that come from?

"Hey Dawn..."

My eyes shoot up to my sister standing there looking at me.

"Did you have fun tonight?"

"Uh, yeah, I did."

She smiles at me.

"I'm glad. I heard laughing outside. Were you with someone?"

For some reason I feel like she's accusing me of something.

"Yeah... Faith. She, she walked me home to keep me safe from vampires."

"That was nice of her."

"Umm, yeah..."

Her face gets serious and I feel another wave of panic wondering what she's gonna ask next.

"Well, you should get to bed."

"Right... school... yeah... I'm going."

I head off in the direction of my room. When I'm a matter of steps from my door, she calls to me again.

"Dawn?"

Turning around, I face her.

"You okay?"

I nod to her and it feels strange since I'm not really sure if I'm telling the truth.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"All right, good night then."

"Night..."

I almost jump into my room and close the door behind me, heading for my bed and dropping like a rock face first.

It must've been the silence. That whole uncomfortable silence thing. That must be it. I could feel it coming and I was looking for something to fill it with.Plus, we've been having so much fun together lately, I wanted to thank her. So I gave her a kiss on the cheek. That's what it was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 227 34
The Chosen Two attempt to deal with the fall out of She Who Was My Love. They've been torn apart, and neither knows where to go from there.
495K 18.3K 48
Hate, lust, and two very large egos create nothing but issues, especially for these two women who are forced to work together. With their two comple...
1.2K 31 6
Faith finds out about Buffy's moment with Satsu a little earlier than she did and how they both reacted. This was written shortly after the issue whe...
93.5K 1.5K 17
enemies to lovers arc