Smile - Cedric Diggory

By UnknownStar7

Cedric Diggory has just started his sixth year at Hogwarts with his best friend by his side. He's excited for... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Part Two
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Epilogue

Thirty

12.4K 344 61
By UnknownStar7

(Cedric's P.O.V.)

Snatchers became a daily fear for him and Iris. Each time they tented somewhere they had to put up protective spells.

He knew that You-Know-Who would be after him, because he had basically cheated death. Someone as proud as him wouldn't want anyone to escape death he had attempted to inflict.

A few weeks passed in anxiety and fear of being discovered. Snatchers were everywhere in Britain, excited to catch anyone they could get money for.

Early spring came and things started to warm up. Cedric listened to Potterwatch everyday for any news he could find, but it was all just death after death after death. Harry Potter hadn't been heard from in months, and some were starting to fear that he was dead.

And then someone robbed Gringotts, and Cedric knew that it had to be Potter. No one else would be such an idiot as to rob a bank that had never been successfully robbed before.

One morning midway through March, Cedric woke to a loud scream. Iris had been on watch for the last part of the night, and he immediately jumped out of bed. His wand was already in his hand as he dashed out of the tent.

She was being dragged away by a group of Snatchers, and he saw her wand on the ground a ways away from the tent, snapped in half.

For a split second, she looked back, silently shook her head, eyes wide, and then the man who had a tight hold of her Apparated, and she was gone.

"NO!" He yelled, punching the nearest tree and then falling to his knees. Sobs replaced his anger, but he soon stiffened up and straightened his back. It was necessary to be strong now, he couldn't let Iris down.

He had no idea where they would take her, or how they had even found her. Had she accidentally gone beyond the safety of the spells he had put up yesterday when they arrived here?

The next few days stretched out. He knew that he was no good to her dead, so he had moved the tent to a different woods altogether and set it up there. Now that there weren't enough people to take watch, he slept lightly and hoped for the best.

Most days he spent thinking of ways he could save Iris, but he didn't even know where she would be held. Would they take her to Malfoy Manor, where he knew the important prisoners were taken? Or did they have somewhere else where they would take the less important?

There were days when he couldn't eat, even though he tried to remind himself that he needed his strength. He had loved this girl since the moment he had stepped onto the Hogwarts grounds, how was he supposed to live without her?

They had been together for three years now and he had known that the world they lived in was dangerous, but he couldn't accept that she was gone.

Everyday he listened to Potterwatch, desperate for any news he could find, but he didn't hear even a whisper of her name.

"Hello, nation. This is River from Potterwatch, back with another message to all of you. If anyone is in the area, we heard of a possible injured witch just south of London somewhere. Rapier and Renegade have gone to check it out, and we'll keep you updated on any news we receive." Lee Jordan sounded grave today, more than usual.

Some hours later, after a few songs and some hours of silence, a frantic message started playing. "Rapier has just sent me word that the ten forty-one was indeed happening, and he currently has the injured witch in hiding. Flower is being tended to, and once she is safer we will release her name to the public."

Flower? His heart beat faster at the possibility of it being his Iris. He desperately grabbed the radio, but Lee had already put it on some Weird Sisters song. He sighed in frustration and waited beside it impatiently.

"Flower is stable, and she has agreed to come on the show tomorrow to tell her family and friends that she is alright, and to tell her story."

Finally. But they still hadn't released her name.

"The password for tuning in tomorrow is Padfoot."

~~~

The next morning he used the given password and waited impatiently for the so called 'special guest.' Around noon, Lee Jordan began to introduce her, and he listened attentively.

"Hello Potterwatchers. This is River, and today we have a special guest, Flower, who has agreed to come on the show and tell us what happened to her."

"Hello." The voice was shy and quiet, but his heart leaped as he heard it.

"So, how did you get captured by Snatchers?"

"Well, I was on watch during the night and accidentally stepped beyond the bounds of the protective spells I had put up. Before I knew it, the Snatchers were there. They took me to Malfoy Manor, where I was identified and they snapped my wand in half. I was connected to the Order of the Phoenix and a known blood traitor, so they sent me to a trial."

It was Iris. His Iris. She was safe.

"The trial, of course, was hugely unfair. I was not allowed to speak at any point during the hearing. It was just witches and wizards who had never come in contact with me before then condemning me."

"What did they decide to do to you, Flower?" Lee asked to keep the conversation flowing.

"For a while I was afraid they would send me to Azkaban, but they finally decided to send me to a different prison, where other means besides Dementors were used. I managed to escape a week ago, but in the process I was heavily injured."

"How are you doing now?"

"I need some time to recuperate, but I should be ready to help fight this damn war in a few weeks." Iris answered confidently.

"Well there you have it folks. Those damn Death Eaters are going to be sorry when Flower is up and going and kicking their asses. Here's Rapier with our daily list."

She was safe, and he let out a whoop, looking around nervously directly after.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.3K 1.3K 14
Finally returning back to Hogwarts after leaving during her second year, but not because she'll be attending school there, but because of the Tri Wiz...
37.6K 1.2K 28
Love is difficult to explain as one likes to say. But (Y/n)(L/n) falling for her professor, Severus Snape? That was hard to believe. The girl always...
173K 6.4K 47
~ Year four ~ Warning: This is the fourth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read...
1.9K 291 30
"Does that mean you are no longer in love with Draco?" Cedric asks softly. "No." you say "No, I don't think I'll ever stop being in love with him, j...