Heaven's Lost Guardian

By KillerKieranQ

Synapsians forever created Angeloids to do their bidding and to grant their wishes, but that life eventually... More

Prologue
The Arrival
Daybreak
Mind Games
Deadly Weapons
Dead End
Reborn
Fight or Flight
Suffering Fire
Flowing Notes

Awoken Souls

469 13 0
By KillerKieranQ

I kicked Tomoki's bedroom door open and leaned both Nymph and Ikaros against the back wall. Tomoki rushed upstairs to help.

"Are they going to be okay?" Tomoki was very worried.

"They will be fine. I simply need a few hours to restart their systems." I lied.

"Sure. Thank you, Guardian." Tomoki was sincere as he shut the door.

I grabbed both Angeloids foreheads again and woke them instantly. Both Ikaros and Nymph looked at me with a sort of wonder.

"I am sorry I had to do that to you two." I felt guilty.

"We were dreaming!" Nymph was excited but she yelled quietly.

I must have forgotten that they could not dream on normal means. I wanted to cry for them. Ikaros instantly sensed this and hugged me tightly but it did not help. Nymph hugged me on the opposite side. A single tear came from each of my eyes and rushed down my cheeks. I felt... happy.

"Rise and shine, you freakin' idiots! It's time for school!" Tomoki broke his bedroom door down.

I opened my eyes to see that Ikaros slept directly below where I hung. I stared at her for a short while. She looked up at me once Tomoki walked back downstairs.

"Good morning, master." Ikaros said in a different tone than normal.

I smiled the best I could and dropped down. I walked downstairs with her to see Tomoki and Sohara sitting at their table eating some eggs and bacon.

"Yours are right here. Sit." Sohara gestured lightly.

I walked up and sat down to eat. I ate my eggs and bacon and noticed Tomoki and Sohara were smiling as I did.

"What is it?" I was confused.

"Tomoki made those for you." Sohara smiled.

I looked to Tomoki and he started to laugh but I thought nothing of it.

"You have my thanks, Tomoki." I simply said.

Tomoki snapped out of his laughter. He looked at me confused. He must have expected more of a reaction out of me. I stood up and leaned against a wall, waiting for Ikaros and Nymph to come down and eat.

"So Guardian, You've become quite popular at school." Sohara was about to continue before Tomoki interrupted her.

"Oh, shut up about that!" Tomoki was feeling brave.

"Don't be a dick, Tomo. You're just jealous the girls look at him like that and not you." Sohara made a valid point.

"Am not!" Tomoki yelled making it obvious that it was true.

I sat in second period staring out the window scanning through my thoughts when Mikako suddenly came over the PA.

"Good morning, everyone! Are you all ready to see something you've never seen before? Then come outside to see the big show at lunch today!" The bell rang as Mikako finished.

"That's our queue." Sugata got up and told Tomoki, to get up too.

"You too, Guardian." Sugata tapped my shoulder.

"Whatever it is I do not wish to see it." I looked back out the window.

"You won't be seeing it." Sugata assured me.

I looked back at him confused.

Sugata lead us all outside to Mikako.

"What is it now?" Tomoki was annoyed.

"We are going to put on a show for the school. Figured it would give our club some credit." Mikako explained as a covered object was rolled in behind her.

"And what are we doing?" Tomoki was very concerned.

"Flying of course!" The object was uncovered and revealed to be a giant cannon.

"Oh, hell no!" Tomoki yelled.

"Tomoki will be shot out of this cannon and Guardian will be waiting in the air to kick him into the right direction towards this." Mikako gestured to a target board.

"There is no way I am going to be shot out of a cannon." Tomoki crossed his arms.

"You did sign a waver, Tomoki." Sugata adjusted his glasses.

"I am not getting shot out of a cannon!" Tomoki yelled once more.

"Then it's settled! Gear up, we start in five. First Angeloid to hit the bulls eye three times wins." Mikako walked off with the cannon being pushed by suited men behind her.

As we set up, I looked up to the school and noticed the windows were covered with girls watching from inside. I wasn't sure how to react so I slowly stretched my wings to prepare them for the performance. I could just barely hear the giddy screaming of the girls inside. I closed my wings and walked off to help with the rest of the set up awkwardly. I noticed Tomoki walking away and talking to himself so I decided to glide close to listen in.

"Yeah, Eff that noise. I'm not getting shot out of a damn cannon." Tomoki put his hand on the back of his head.

I grabbed underneath his arms and flew him back towards the setup. Tomoki flailed and screamed as I flew him back.

"Hey! Put me down! I don't wanna be shot out of a cannon! No!" I dropped Tomoki beside Mikako and flew off.

I did a couple laps in the air around the setup checking that everything was in order. The school bell rang and people started rushing out of the doors. I landed in my set position and waited for the event to start.

"Alright everyone! Please make your way to the bleachers on the other side of the field." Mikako told over a mic hooked up to speakers all along the setup.

A whole flood of girls and boys walked across the field. Some of the girls parted off to get closer to me. I adjusted my wings every few seconds to keep them ready. The girls must have liked that because they giggled and blushed every time I moved. After all of the people made it to the bleachers Mikako came over the mic again.

"Put your hands together for our grand event: Target of Tomoki! And after that the winged pretties will perform a flight show! Ready? Go!" Tomoki was shot out of the cannon towards me.

I spun and kicked him into the bulls eye of the target. The crowd roared.

"Incredible! Guardian's precision is phenomenal on the first shot!" Sugata spoke as a co announcer.

Tomoki was carried by Mikako's men back into the cannon.

"To make things interesting, Guardian will have to use his fists." Sugata instructed.

"Gladly." I said under my breath.

Tomoki was shot out of the cannon once again. I used the back of my fist to shoot him into the bulls eye again.

"Amazing! Guardian used an effortless backhand to send Tomoki right into the bulls eye!" Sugata narrated.

Tomoki was carried back to the cannon.

"Now to make it challenging, Guardian can't touch Tomoki with his hands or feet." Mikako was devious but she knew what I would do.

I ignited my hands in my purple fire. Tomoki shot out of the cannon at me. I threw two fire balls at Tomoki and sent him just beside the bulls eye for my final turn.

"It looks like Guardian didn't come out on top this time, but that is his three turns. Now, we will have Ikaros up next." Sugata watched intently.

Ikaros walked up to me for her turn. I pet her forehead.

"Do your best." I walked off.

I flew up to the announcer platform and took the empty mic seat.

"That was quite a performance by you, Guardian. What would you say your technique is?" Sugata looked at me and asked me for the crowd.

"Don't miss." I responded.

"Wise words from Guardian." Sugata turned his head back to the action.

Tomoki was shot out of the cannon. Ikaros performed a straight punch, sending Tomoki into the target.

"Tomoki is taking quite the beating." I commented in the mic.

"That he is, Guardian. Ikaros just barely hit the bulls eye. Luck seems to be on her side today." Sugata responded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131 32 21
Have you ever thought that if your life is boring why not reborn in a world of magic and sword where you can have unimaginable adventures like killin...
21.6K 866 26
After the death of his closest friend and love of his life. Akashi seijuro was at a loss of life. Trying to get through each day hoping the pain woul...
5.9K 216 10
You are a normal human being, living a normal human life. You have two loving parents, friends, decent grades and everything is nice. What else could...
149K 4.9K 100
You're a purple light-skinned Na'vi with white hair. (Ik Ik literally Also you got them (star galaxy purple eyes) No culture or any of that cause tha...