The Secret Admirer

Von Sandie_Nikkie

Sidney's world was full of perfection but all that perfection comes tumbling down when she finds herself tang... Mehr

AUTHORS NOTE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 11

CHAPTER 10

18 4 14
Von Sandie_Nikkie

Days went by quickly. Morning of the farewell party Sidney woke up feeling grumpy. Devin had been so busy with his new position that they had time to meet. They occasionally talked on phone but things were different.

She had to tell him she was pregnant. He was her fiancé and father of her unborn child. He deserved to be told. Now she would know if he truly loved her as he claimed, she looked at her engagement ring and got all the courage. Her phone rang.

"How is your morning?" she heard Sean's brisk voice.

"Not that bad" she responded.

"I know my cousin is a little bit busy and might not come to pick you so I will do him the favor and come take you to the party"

"I totally understand his situation, don't trouble yourself I will ride with one of my friends" she told him

"On the contrary it will be such a pleasure, I will come pick you at five pm no debate about that"

Sidney smiled and agreed before hanging up.

A few minutes to five she was not yet ready. She had been having feeling nauseous and kept on going to the toilet to vomit. Sean was punctual but waited for her. They ended up leaving around six thirty she knew they would be late but he managed to convince her it was worth it. She looked beautiful in a white Italian evening dress and sapphire tear drop earrings to match her ring. Her makeup was done to perfection with a touch of red lipstick.

Twenty minutes later they arrived at the outskirts of town where Devin's parents owned a huge mansion. Sean held her hand and led her inside. The grand entertainment hall had been converted to host the party.

"We thought you would never come" Tanya spoke as Sidney joined them.

"Yeah you kept us waiting" complained Dina staring at her perfectly manicured nails.

They had agreed to meet at earlier so that they could catch up before the party started. Everyone had showed up on time other than her.

"What is the big deal? She is here isn't she? " said Lavina coming to her defense.

Sidney looked at them helplessly and tried to smile apologetically. She was still feeling a little bit off.

Sensing her distress Sean signaled the waiters to bring them refreshments. She had been behaving awkwardly. He felt sorry for her. He knew she was sad about Devin going away.  At least the drinks would distract the girls.

They sipped their drinks as they looked around at the guests gathered. Devin spotted them and walked over.

"You look beautiful" he said kissing Sidney on the cheek.

"And how is my future daughter in law"

Sidney turned and saw Devin's mom flamboyantly dressed, arms open welcoming her in an embrace.

"It is such a lovely party Mrs Kitet" she said hugging her future mother in law.

"Thank you dear. Anything but the best for my son" she replied looking lovingly at Devin.

"Sidney, I have to steal your friends, there are too many young bachelors lurking in this place and I need to introduce these lovely ladies to them" she winked as she walked away with Tanya, Dina and Lavina. Sean had vanished into the crowd. Tanya and Lavina left excitedly with Devin's mom.

"How is the man of the hour" she gently poked him.

"He is feeling lucky to have you by his side, what about my favorite girl"

"She is proud of her man" she whispered.

Devin gave her a light peck as their attention was drawn to the podium. The music had stopped and a speech was about to be made.

"Ladies and gentlemen, today is a day of celebration" Devin's father spoke on the microphone. His deep voice taking over the hall his dominant male aura evident in his posture. He was a symbol of strength and wealth. She could understand why Devin wanted to please him.

"My son has done me proud. He has worked tirelessly, brought new ideas, and contributed to the success of my company. A company that I started more than fifty years ago. When you get old you hope for someone to fill your shoes and continue building your legacy, my son has fit these shoes perfectly. As he goes away for his training course may he shine. Let us raise our glasses in honor of Devin Kitet, soon to be CEO of Kitet oil company"

He walked to where his father was and shook his hand before taking the microphone to give a short thank you speech.

Sidney had never seen him so happy in his life. Her hand moved to caress her tummy she hoped Devin will also be a good father to their child. Guests moved around Devin to congratulate him, Sidney left him for a moment and went to see her friends.

*******************************************************************************************

After several congratulations and celebrating a few hours later people began to leave and soon the grand hall was empty. His parents had retired to bed. Dina, Tanya and Lavina had left together. The last she had seen of Sean he was talking to one of the guests.

As she strolled outside with Devin she was glad to finally have some alone time with him. The last couple of weeks had been busy for both of them. Devin poured her a glass of wine as they sat by one of the pool chairs overlooking the moons reflection on the calm water. She pushed her glass aside and stared at him.

"I have something to tell you" they both said at the same time.

"You go first" Devin suggested.

"No, you go first after all it is your day" she insisted.

"Lately I have been super busy, but that doesn't mean I love you any less, you are still my number one girl" he knew he had not been giving her much attention lately but that was only because of the few changes in his career.

He held her hands and pulled her closer. He finally felt like her was worthy of her. Actually for the first time in like forever he felt he was doing things right.

"What did you want to tell me" he asked.

She took a deep breath.

"Devin I'm pregnant. No, we are pregnant" she spoke trying to be a little enthusiastic. She was disappointed in the way he hadn't mentioned anything about their engagement night other than the fact he was honored she had said Yes.

He had a blank expression. She wasn't sure what was running through his mind until he laughed. Maybe he was joyous.

"For a minute you almost got me" he scratched his head as he tried to come into reality with the terms.

"I wish it was a joke but I am pregnant" she told him quietly.

"Sid come on now jokes aside. What is it you wanted to tell me?"

She pulled her hands away from his. Irritated by his casual behavior.

"Devin Kitet I am pregnant" she spoke more confidently.

He also moved away from her and got up. He paced about as she sat back in her chair and watched him. This was not the reaction she had hoped for. Until now she was content with carrying his child but this moment made her realize she was not so sure about it.

He felt like someone was playing a rude prank on him. He shook his head as if trying to rub away what was he had been told. He had played by the book and taken things slow with her. He had never laid a finger on her no matter how tempted he had felt. He had become a different man because of her. Surely this couldn't be possible. He paced back to her and knelt beside her chair.

"For goodness sake Sidney tell me this is not true" he begging clutching her.

She could not understand the over reaction. Surely they had gotten intimate and none of them had bothered to remember protection. This was his responsibility as much as it was hers.

"Is this true" he asked touching her tummy

"Yes" she whispered.

He stared at her eyes and knew she was not lying. He clenched his teeth in anger and stood up. Banging the table. Sidney got up from her chair getting angry at his showdown.

He grabbed her elbow she was going nowhere until she gave him an explanation.

"Who is the father? Who is the coward you have been fooling around with" he asked furiously.

"Devin that coward and fool is you. You are the father of this baby! Our baby" she shouted.

Devin let go of her. Too stunned to speak. He took the wine bottle and carelessly drank from it, paced about before turning to look at her. This lady was trying to pull a classic move on him.

He laughed sarcastically.

"Sidney the moment you walked in late and with Sean I knew you had been deceiving me. You were supposed to be the first to show up. To support me, your fiancé" he tapped his chest. "But instead you come last and ofcos in the arms of my cousin."

He laughed again and drank from the bottle. "I may not be as bright as he is but this situation of yours is too lame. Conveniently when I am about to leave the country you become pregnant? Sid, me going does away for a year does not mean its over between us"

He put the bottle down and moved over to hold her. Maybe she was just feeling insecure.

"Devin I have your baby" she spoke chocking back several sobs.

"I cannot believe you would come up with a lie just to make me stay. As far as memory is concerned I have never made love to you! I treated you as a queen and I chose to wait until we were married."

"I have been faithful, this is our baby" she retorted tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I always remember making love to my women, and trust me I make no mistakes such as unwanted babies. Tell the father of that child I will send him a cheque for nailing down my fiancée before I had a chance" he replied harshly and let go of her.

"Devin!" a tear ran down her cheek.

"That night at our engagement you were very drunk. I took you home. Ask Lavina and Tanya they dropped us at your place! Sean drove your car. I took you to your room and helped you prepare for bed, it was then that we made love" she was talking quickly, anger was burning her up.

"I am not telling you about this baby to prevent you from achieving your dreams. I am also not prepared for this but it has happened! Devin I want you to love this baby and be proud of it like your father is proud of you" she was cried.

"I do not want this baby you are carrying Sidney. We could have you terminate the pregnancy then go together to Moscow come back after a year marry and begin a family" he spoke softly moving towards her.

"I love you enough to forgive you"

He tried to hold her but she stepped back. She could not believe what she heard. Terminate the pregnancy and go with him? How could he ask her to terminate the pregnancy? She looked at him and could not believe she had loved such a selfish man.

"Devin what has the unborn child done to you for it to be terminated" she asked almost in a whisper half hurt, half angry.

"Like I said it's not my child"

She felt like a million daggers were being pushed through her. The person talking was not the man she knew, the man she loved.

"You are the one who took my virginity how dare you pretend you cannot remember" she screamed at him.

"How dare you deny me and this baby? I gave you the best of me and you dare pretend? All this time you were a fraud...I will never forgive you!" She took off her engagement ring and threw it into the pool.

"Thank you for a beautiful lie" she shouted as she angrily left his presence.

Devin was too confused and angry to run after her. He held his head in frustration as he realized she might have been telling the truth. Jogging his memory to that night he remembered entering the house with Sidney. He had been too drunk and she helped him walk up to his room and put him in bed.

That all he could remember. He must have blacked out because he couldn't remember anything else. Realizing he had been a jerk he sat down by the edge of the pool. He had lost his fiancée, he caught sight of the ring she had thrown and dived into the pool to search for it.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

13.4K 278 16
She knows that he'll never love her back, yet she chooses the path which would lead her to him. For her, he is her dream, but his dream is someone el...
12.6K 281 31
She fall for the guy without knowing it was a TRAP!! First Chapter finished...Second Chapter will be out soon...
966 18 30
Everyone' s first love is special one for them... And it's a story about how a girl found her first love but because of that she have to face lots of...
3K 175 15
A story about how love is, in reality, can be more complicated than anything else. This is a story about two people, tangled with a red string called...