CHAPTER 11

Sidney breathed heavily as she walked. From the residence to the main road it was quite a distance and she had no means of transport.She had left in a rush,too hurt and confused to think straight. The night was becoming chilly a few drops of rain touched her head. She still had to walk a few kilometers before she reached somewhere she could hail a bus or cab.

After walking a few more steps it began raining heavily. Her heels were already killing her now being rained on while in a white dress made everything worse. She cursed loudly and as she cried out all her welled up emotions. At this moment she hated the universe, she couldn't understand how her perfect quiet life had turned into a nightmare. Despite the heavy downpour she did not run. She simply removed her heels and slowly dragged her legs to walk. Being rained on was her punishment for giving her heart to someone who did not deserve her. Suddenly a car passed by. Few seconds later it stopped made a U turn and drove towards her. It stopped right beside her and the door was pushed open.

One look at the driver and her heart fell to her knees. She burst out crying some more too emotional to do anything.

"Come in Sid" he shouted over the rain.

"Please leave me" she sobbed

Sean jumped out of the drivers seat. Sidney was insane if she thought he would leave her stranded. She was not the glowing swan he had seen earlier in the evening. Now she resembled a drenched hen. She looked wounded. Without a second thought he carried her and placed her on the passenger seat not caring that he was being rained on.

Her whole body shaking was shaking uncontrollably. Fearing she might catch pneumonia he turned on the central heating system and handed her a box of tissue.

He had been on his way to the Kitet residence. He was going to pick an important architecture design sketch that he had been carrying for a client but had forgotten at the house. Looking at Sidney he figured that could wait, she was traumatized about something and he had to take her home and find out what happened.

"Sid you can talk to me," he broke the silence as she tried to muffle her sobs.

He stole a quick glance at her as she dried her tears. He immediately noticed she was not wearing her ring.

"What did Devin do to you" he demanded bringing the car to an abrupt stop making the brakes screech.

Sidney burst into fresh tears.

"Sid, I need to know what has happened to you. Take a deep breath and talk to me" he spoke calmly yet with authority.

His mind was running wild. Had his cousin beaten her? Had they broken up. Was she hurt? Did she find him with another girl...

Sidney stopped crying and looked at him.

"I am pregnant with Devin's child and he does not want it. Its over! Everything is over"

Sean was clutched the steering wheel furiously. He felt like someone had poured a bucket of ice water on him. The thought of her pregnant had not crossed his mind. He felt jealous of his cousin for being the father of the unborn baby but furious at him for not wanting it and letting her leave the premises alone and in the rain. Especially considering the fact she was a pregnant lady.

He started the car. Inside he was boiling with anger. It was Devin's nature to behave so coldly and take advantage of girls. He had tolerated his cousin stealing Sidney away from him. Devin knew how much he loved her but that hadn't stopped him.  All he wanted to do was lay his hands on Devin. How dare he do this to the woman he loved.

"He will pay for it, I promise you he will"

"No, don't do anything he is not worth the effort, Sean take me home" she said