Wanted (White Collar)

By _MIDGE

If you want more white collar, you've come to the right place. Daphne Ryan is a convicted criminal. She's 28... More

Chapter One - The beginning
Chapter Two - Stakeout
Chapter Three - Inside the taxi
Chapter Five - Ran
Chapter Six - Don't turn back
Chapter Seven - Mutual foe
Chapter Eight - Known intruder
Chapter Nine - Serving Time
Chapter Ten - The pen
Chapter Eleven - Creating the Plan
Chapter Twelve - Exchange
Chapter Thirteen - Alden
Chapter Fourteen - Two Million
Chapter Fifteen - Arrest
Chapter Sixteen - Her Past

Chapter Four - The carved E

3.1K 69 5
By _MIDGE

Just to recap- Daphne (Lilly) and Neal just got held at gunpoint and they brought the guy into questioning. I'd also like to apologize I had no idea the spelling of Lilly possibly changed a few times. And just to clarify, hopefully you already knew, but Daphne and Lilly are the same person, Lilly is just Daphne's alias she's currently using. Happy Reading :) 

"You're working for someone?"

"Yes."

"Do you want to tell me who that is?"

He doesn't respond.

"Silence won't get you anywhere."

Still no answer.

"Okay." Peter paces across the table from the man that tried to kill Neal and Daphne. "How about why you wanted something from Lilly?"

He smiles at this. Daphne's stomach jumps, scared of his response. "I was supposed to take her cut from the Paolini museum heist."

"Who's this 'her?'"

He drops his head, chuckling. She bites the inside of her cheek, her face getting hot. He won't tell him who I am. He won't. 

Peter tries again. "I can't make a deal with you if you won't tell me anything."

"I don't want a deal from you."

She quietly exhales, calmer now that they're off the subject of her.

"We have you on attempted murder, I'd talk." He pauses. "You won't be of any use to whoever you work for behind bars."

He leans on the table, clasping his hands together, saying, "look, agent, unlike your friend Neal Caffrey, out there-" He nods to the one way glass that Neal and Daphne were standing behind, watching unseen. "I'm loyal to my boss. I'd go to prison for him."

"Then that's what you'll do." He waves to Jones, standing in the corner, mumbling, "get him out of here."

Jones lifts him from the table, not having to cuff him as he already was. He leads him out of the room.

Neal and Daphne stand outside of the interrogation room, waiting for Jones to take the man outside of view.

"Making that deal was the best thing I've ever done," Neal says. She looks at him.

"He wasn't offering the same deal, was he?"

"No, but something is better than nothing."

Peter walks out of the room, hands in his pockets and head down. "He's not talking. I have nothing but he was trying to get someone's cut from the museum heist, and he thinks it's you." He looks at Daphne with concerned eyes.

"You don't think it was me-"

"No, no I don't. We don't. Right, Neal?"

Neal quickly nods.

She sighs. "Good. I don't know how I'm now involved in any of this," she lies.

"I don't either," Peter reassures.

"Why me, why did he think it was me?"

"I don't know why he thought it was you. I just want to know who he's working for. He's just a small piece of whatever's going on. And now he's serving 10 years."

Neal chimes in. "Was the heist even reported?"

"It wasn't," Peter answers. "Apparently, whatever they stole, the museum wasn't supposed to have. They can't report a theft of something they shouldn't have in the first place." He sighs, looking at Neal. "Unless you have a lead, go home. Rest until I have something." It was almost dark at this point. "Lilly, we have to get you to a safe house. Someone could come back to your home, and we have people there watching the place in case someone does."

She looks worried. "A safe house?"

"She can stay with me," Neal bursts. "At June's." He smirks.

Peter hesitates. He looks at Daphne. "Is- is that okay with you?"

She slightly stutters. "Yeah, I guess I'd rather be with someone."

"It's settled then. We'll know when you can leave."

...............................................

Daphne drops her bag on the ground near the door. Alden runs past her, calmly sniffing around. Neal stands next to her.

"Nice place for a convict," she says, looking around in awe. "Are you sure you want me up here? I can sleep on the couch downstairs-"

"Lilly, it's fine, I feel better that you're up here," he says.

"Alright," she agrees, still reluctant. She tosses a pillow on the couch.

"Take the bed, I insist."

She looks at him. "Neal, seriously. I'm okay."

He nods.

"Hey, Neal, word of advice- never try to store TNT in an apartment with faulty wiring." Mozzie enters the room. "Oh." He stops, seeing her. "Hi."

Daphne looks at Neal, Neal looks at Mozzie and Mozzie looks at both of them.

"Hi," Daphne says. "Who are you?"

"I'd- rather not say..." He shifts, offering an awkward smile.

"Oh," she responds, walking to the couch. Neal hasn't taken his eyes off of Mozzie. He points to Daphne with his eyes, mouthing "tell her."

Mozzie opens his mouth to argue, but stops, sighing. "I'm Mozzie."

She looks up from leaning over her bag on the couch, adjusting her hair. "I'm Lilly," she says, unphased. "This is Alden." She pats her dog's head as he sits down next to her.

"Oh great," he says, "a dog."

Neal shakes his head. "You don't live here, Moz." Daphne smiles to herself.

"Still-"

"Don't worry," she reassures. "He's a sweetheart. Well, when he's not ordered to be otherwise." 

This didn't seem to comfort him.

Moz gives a slightly panicked look. "Neal, can I have a word with you?" He motions him to the terrace.

"Uh- sure." He follows.

Once they're out of earshot, Mozzie says, "Neal, care to explain?"

Neal subtly nods toward Daphne. "Lilly and I were held at gunpoint the other day. Someone's after her and they've been to her house- I didn't want her to be trapped in one of your hovels."

"Hey- Tuesday has a great view."

"Beside the point, Moz. She's here until everything blows over, okay? You don't see me complaining."

"Well no shit you're not complaining. But I am. What about Sara? Kate?"

"What about them?"

"You know what about them."

"Kate's gone, Moz. I'm over it. And Sara, she... I don't know. We aren't anything. But neither are me and Lilly, or are going to be, for that matter. Okay? Don't worry, Moz."

"Okay fine. Answer me this, how did she react at gunpoint?"

"Calm, smart, and uh..."

"Experienced?"

"I guess, yeah."

"Does that not worry you at all, Neal?"

"Maybe she's just experienced it before, so what?"

"Whatevers okay with you, Neal. All I'm saying is I'm not here to catch your broken heart when she turns out to be some mass murderer with a rabid dog." He eyes Alden through the glass.

"Mozzie. You're a conspiracist."

"I am not, I'm just worried you'll fall so fast again your heart will lose enough pieces it can't be fixed again."

"Pulling out the deep stuff, are we?"

"I need some Merlot." He walks past Neal, going to the door. Before he exits he looks at Daphne, quickly saying "good day," and leaving. She waves, missing his sight of it. She turns to Neal, confused.

"Did I do something?"

"No... No..." he says softly. "That's just Moz."

She nods, spreading an old blanket on the floor and patting it. Alden trots over and lays down. Neal sighs. "Y'know Lilly..." he starts, before being interrupted by a loud knocking on the door. Neal frowns, calling, "Moz?"

"It's Peter," Peter calls from behind the door. Neal strides over, opening it. He walks in, looking around to see Daphne, who joins them.

"Just coming to see how you're settling in." He walks over and pats Alden on his head. His tail wags in response.

"Don't worry Peter. Neal's been very kind," she says politely.

Peter whispers, "that's because you're female." He stands up from petting the dog. "Where's your friend?" Peter turns to Neal.

"Just left."

"Good. Okay the real reason I was here-" He pulls out a folded white paper from his suit pocket. "This."

He unfolds the paper, and hands it to Neal. Neal takes it, examining it. It was a picture of a gun.

"That's an A4 Magnum."

"Not just any A4 Magnum, the one that almost killed both of you the other day."

Daphne steps closer. She stares at it for a minute, then stopping. She holds her breath, biting the inside of her cheek. That's my gun.

Neal looks up to Peter. "Seriously?"

"Yup. We're getting the prints from it sometime tomorrow."

"Don't we know who this guy is? Why do we need the prints?"

"We're hoping it will indicate whoever he's working for."

Wait. Daphne thinks. He's not working for me. How the hell did he get my gun?

"Look a little closer, by the trigger," Peter suggests.

Daphne pretends to look closely at it, knowing already what was there.

"Is that.. An E?"

"Yup," Peter smiles. "Whoever owned this gun engraved an E by the trigger. If the fingerprints come out inconclusive, at least we have that."

How did they find that gun, that's not even the one that I use. Hence why I engraved an E on it. I'm not that stupid to have an indicator like that and then use it.

Neal hands the paper back to Peter.

"Any thoughts, Lilly?"

"I just hope you catch whoever he's working for." She slightly smiles, holding back her emotion.

Peter nods. He glances around the apartment as he stuffs the paper back into his pocket.

Impatient, Neal asks, "is that all, Peter?"

"Oh- did you two want to chat?" He smiles, pleased with himself. Neal drops his head. "Okay then, I'll catch up with you kids later." He waves goodbye, leaving a smile with Daphne and a glare with Neal. The door closes and Daphne looks at him.

"He's not so bad, Neal, he's just trying to help."

"I know, he's just-"

She decides to change the subject. "We still on for tomorrow?"

This gets him to smile. "I am if you are." 

____________________________________

So to me, this was literally the biggest anti-climax ever recorded in human history. 

This chapter kind of really sucks and I apologize BUT

GUESS WHAT

I am ahead. AHEAD. (No this is not a joke)  I finished writing the physical copy of BOTH Chapter 5 and 6 today, (meaning I haven't typed them yet) and yeah, both those chapters are somewhat at the same level of boring as this one, maybe a little better, but at least they'll come out soon. I can promise that :) 

(sorry I seem annoyingly happy rn I'm just overly excited to finally release this chapter.) 

I hope all you beautiful people have a lovely day and I'll see you at LEAST by Friday, hopefully sooner. 

Bye lovies :) 

::side-note, if the swearing bothers you let me know.::

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 47 21
This is the story of the tv series as a novel. The dialog follows the series, but there are also new scenes filling the gaps in the story. I wanted t...
629 45 22
This is the tv show White Collar as a novel. It is written from the point of view of Neal Caffrey or Peter Burke. The dialog follows the episodes, bu...
62.7K 1.1K 35
Neal Caffery, sarcastic, childish and post master con artist criminal, now FBI agent. Girls swoon, and men clench their jaws. But Neal is still shook...
932K 26.5K 189
I'll be doing a series of imagines for celebrities or characters that you ask for. Let me know what you want it to be about and who. Also only doing...