Chapter Four - The carved E

Just to recap- Daphne (Lilly) and Neal just got held at gunpoint and they brought the guy into questioning. I'd also like to apologize I had no idea the spelling of Lilly possibly changed a few times. And just to clarify, hopefully you already knew, but Daphne and Lilly are the same person, Lilly is just Daphne's alias she's currently using. Happy Reading :) 

"You're working for someone?"

"Yes."

"Do you want to tell me who that is?"

He doesn't respond.

"Silence won't get you anywhere."

Still no answer.

"Okay." Peter paces across the table from the man that tried to kill Neal and Daphne. "How about why you wanted something from Lilly?"

He smiles at this. Daphne's stomach jumps, scared of his response. "I was supposed to take her cut from the Paolini museum heist."

"Who's this 'her?'"

He drops his head, chuckling. She bites the inside of her cheek, her face getting hot. He won't tell him who I am. He won't. 

Peter tries again. "I can't make a deal with you if you won't tell me anything."

"I don't want a deal from you."

She quietly exhales, calmer now that they're off the subject of her.

"We have you on attempted murder, I'd talk." He pauses. "You won't be of any use to whoever you work for behind bars."

He leans on the table, clasping his hands together, saying, "look, agent, unlike your friend Neal Caffrey, out there-" He nods to the one way glass that Neal and Daphne were standing behind, watching unseen. "I'm loyal to my boss. I'd go to prison for him."

"Then that's what you'll do." He waves to Jones, standing in the corner, mumbling, "get him out of here."

Jones lifts him from the table, not having to cuff him as he already was. He leads him out of the room.

Neal and Daphne stand outside of the interrogation room, waiting for Jones to take the man outside of view.

"Making that deal was the best thing I've ever done," Neal says. She looks at him.

"He wasn't offering the same deal, was he?"

"No, but something is better than nothing."

Peter walks out of the room, hands in his pockets and head down. "He's not talking. I have nothing but he was trying to get someone's cut from the museum heist, and he thinks it's you." He looks at Daphne with concerned eyes.

"You don't think it was me-"

"No, no I don't. We don't. Right, Neal?"

Neal quickly nods.

She sighs. "Good. I don't know how I'm now involved in any of this," she lies.

"I don't either," Peter reassures.

"Why me, why did he think it was me?"

"I don't know why he thought it was you. I just want to know who he's working for. He's just a small piece of whatever's going on. And now he's serving 10 years."

Neal chimes in. "Was the heist even reported?"

"It wasn't," Peter answers. "Apparently, whatever they stole, the museum wasn't supposed to have. They can't report a theft of something they shouldn't have in the first place." He sighs, looking at Neal. "Unless you have a lead, go home. Rest until I have something." It was almost dark at this point. "Lilly, we have to get you to a safe house. Someone could come back to your home, and we have people there watching the place in case someone does."