Fits and Starts

By cat_aclysm

A collection of short stories and bits and pieces of longer stories I haven't finished yet. Part one will be... More

The Crossroads (Undergoing a very messy edit)
Fates and Fortune
Hope's Remains
Carter and the Baby Sitter
Lost and Found
The Drowned City

Fits and Starts

141 5 0
By cat_aclysm

This is a collection of short stories and bits of longer stories I haven't finished yet.

Contents:

Part 1: Table of Contents with descriptions

Part 2: The Crossroads

(Dark Fantasy)

Mary is a skeptic. When her three year old son, Carter, is diagnosed with a terminal illness, she finds that there is nowhere left to turn for help except the stories she grew up on.

This was originally intended as a prologue to a novel, but I'm not sure I want to write the whole thing.

Part 3: Fates and Fortune

(Light-Hearted Fantasy)

Anne is a nursing assistant at St. Benedict's Home for the Elderly and Infirm. When a patient dies, she recieves a mysterious inheritance.

This grew into a larger story than I intended. It started as a writing exercise. I was experimenting with first person, present tense. It's a little rough.

Part 4: Hope's Remains

(Fantasy)

Marcus, Brandon, and Jane seek a way to defeat a deadly kitsune. A peek into the future of the characters from my novels.

Part 5: Carter and the Baby Sitter

(Fantasy)

A follow up to The Crossroads. A glimpse into the life of Carter, a little boy with Lucifer as his guardian angel.

Part 6: Lost and Found

(Dark Drama)

A story about a family dealing with addiction.

Part 7: The Drowned City

(Dystopian Future)

Claire was always a good, law-abiding citizen, until her lover was accused of political crimes and taken away permanently. Her association with him destroyed her status and left her scarred and alone. Forced into a hopeless existence, she makes a desperate choice that leads to an unexpected discovery.

Part of an ongoing tale that isn't long enough to be a novel just yet.

In The Works:
Wings
Two Muses and a Monkey
Scents From a Dream
Death In Absentia
Stuff I haven't even thought of yet

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.2K 857 5
عائله مباح فيها كل شي حتى النيك و الجنس مباح بين بعض 🫦👅
63.1K 3.1K 65
Well, this is my first attempt of trying short stories. It is the collection of love stories.
Fate By v xxxiri v

Short Story

9.7K 752 9
A story of a young boy Vishnu who lives along with his cold brothers in India, wishing to be taken care and loved by them
80.8K 241 23
fetish ဖြစ်တာတွေ ချက်ဖြစ်ခဲ့တဲ့ roleplay တွေ တကယ်ဖြစ်ဖူးခဲ့တာလေးတွေ တချို့က ကိ စိတ်ကူးယဉ်တာဖြစ်သလို တချို့က ကိ တကယ်လုပ်ချင်တာ တချို့က ကိဖြစ်ခဲ့တာလ...