A Single Kiss (UNDER REVISION)

By BarbzzyBooks

"He'll never embrace you the way I do." he murmured into my ear, his voice trailing away. I tensed as his war... More

~ Summer of 2002 ~
Chapter one - High School
Chapter two ~ Mixed Emotions.
Chapter three ~ Party.
Chapter four ~ Blood Shed Tears.
Chapter five ~ Hospital
Chapter six ~ Confusion
Chapter seven ~ Missing
Chapter eight ~ Bleeding Heart
Chapter nine ~ Perfectly Destroyed
Note from Author!!!! ^_^
Part Two of Kismet Affection....
Chapter ten ~ Fresh Start
Chapter eleven ~ New Feelings
Chapter twelve ~ Secret Ocean.
Chapter thirteen ~ Like the wind
Chapter fifteen ~ Rebirth
Chapter sixteen ~ Melody (part one)
Chapter sixteen ~ Melody (part 2)
Chapter seventeen ~ Sunrise
Comment Love...
Chapter eighteen ~ Race Me
Chapter nineteen ~ Fully Alive.
Chapter twenty ~ Night out (Part One)
Chapter 20 - Night out (Part 2)
Chapter 21 ~ Farewell
Chapter 22 ~ Mother's Return
Chapter 23 ~ Uninvited
Chapter 24 ~ Old Times
Chapter 25 - Proof
Story update.
Chapter 26 - A single Kiss
Chapter 27 ~ Dreams of Long Ago

Chapter fourteen - Confrontation

252 3 1
By BarbzzyBooks

  SORRY FOR THE WAIT. THIS IS THE COMPLETE CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

ENJOY.

xoxo - Barbzzy

_____________________________________________________________________________ 

   I watched as she threw her head back and laughed with humor. “I’m passable.” She joked of herself

   I couldn’t help and join her with laughter. I loved how she wasn’t afraid to admit she wasn’t a Picasso. I sighed when the bell rung, stating that our time was up. My eyes shifted to the music room doors and in popped Nate and Jerry. She followed my gaze and then stood with a woeful expression.

   “Hello again,” Nate greeted, looking at Suri.

   I saw her shake her head and say, “Why hello,” she spoke in a playful voice.

   “I’ve come to take your future husband away.” Nate joked and gave her reassured wink. I hissed under my breath, giving Nate a death glare. It quickly disappeared when Suri look back at me, chuckling.

   I touched her shoulder and an instant shock pulse through my body. I felt her hand light touch mine before I walked towards Nate. “We will be going now.” I said and gave Nate a push. I sudden turned around, catching one more glimpse of her face. Then I remember she never agree to join me Saturday. “Are you coming Saturday with us?” I asked hopeful.

   “Of course Greg,” She said and then she did what no other girl could, she smiled a smile that held me in place. Some many words and saying could describe her right this second. Beautiful, lovely, and angel, a man’s dream, sparks, treasure, a sun rise that was rising in my heart and I couldn’t let her go. I didn’t want this moment to fade. Not ever and if we could stand here forever and she wore that alluring smile, I’d be complete.

   The corner of my lips curved into a smile when she made the shape of a heart with her hands. With out thought, I did it in return.

   “Bye Suri.”

   “Bye Greg.”

   “Bye Suri,” Nate and Jerry said in high pitch voice. I rolled my eyes and left.

   They laughed as we left the music room. I am not going to complain, there my friends. I joined the laughter when we began to horse around. They began to hoot when they saw Rachel and Nick kissing. They instantly pulled away when we approached them.

   “Shut up,” Nick hissed pressing Rachel to his body. It was the first time I ever saw what Nick’s girlfriend looked like. She had long strawberry blond hair, bright blue eyes, a creamy skin colour and a body of a super model. She was almost the height of Suri just a tab bit short.

“Rachel, this is Gregory, Greg this is my girlfriend Rachel.” Nick introduced like a real man.

   I watched as she rotated around to face us all and extended out her hand to me, smiling. “It’s nice to meet you.” She said in a sweet voice.

   “As well,” I said shaking her hand.

   “I’ve heard a lot about you.”

   “Oh yeah,” I smirked looking at Nate and Jerry who were both wearing a sly grin.

   “Yep! Oh, I hope you don’t mind my older brothers tagging along Saturday, they have a few bikes and quads their own.”

   “That sounds awesome. Let Nick know if they need a lift for their bikes or quads.”

   “I will.”

   Suddenly, I was shoved to the side. I turned quickly, looking for the source. Derek stood with his arms crossed and five of his friends behind him. I raised an eye brow in disbelief. I instantly felt Jerry and Nate stand behind me. Nick shifted so he was beside me and Rachel behind him and Nate. My expression grew hard as Derek’s glared grew deadly.

   “You good bro,” Jerry said, buffing his shoulder and flexing his muscles.

   “This doesn’t concern you.” One of Derek’s friends said in an English accent. I recognized him. He was with Audrey on my first day of school.

   “And it doesn’t concern any of you either.” Nick firmly said. “What do you want Derek?”

   Derek’s eyes not once left my face when he spoke. “I heard your friend here has his eye on Suri.”

   I took a step closer. Derek didn’t scare me one bit. If I could say it in another language for he can understand, I’d be glad too. “What if I do? What are you going to do?”

   He stepped closer so we were nearly toe to toe. “Stay away from her! She’s off limits especially from low life scum like you.”

   “She is not your concern or your property. Call me whatever you want spoil little rich boy but I do whatever I want.”

   “I’m not joking, Gregory, she’s mine, touch her and your going wish you never step foot in this school.” Derek threatened.

   I let out a humorless laugh. “Okay.”

   “If you’re smart,” he said, making his voice sound deadly. “Stay away from her.”

   “Will see about that,” I said icily

   A laugh escaped his lips, pointing his finger in my face and walked away. I’ll let that slid. Next time I’m going have to beat him up for that. I watched as they disappeared around the corner.

   “You still want to talk to her?” Nick said, turning to face me. I just stood there, fighting the urge to smash Derek’s face. How dare he? Who the fuck does he think he is?

   “Earth to Gregory,” Nick said punching my arm.

   “With out a doubt, Suri doesn’t belong to him.”

   Nick sighed. “Well just be careful and know we got your back. But Derek is not one to play with.” He warned me.

   “Yeah, play it smart.” Nate said.

   “I thought he didn’t want her anymore.” Rachel said from behind us.

   “He’s just a selfish punk, that’s all.” I mumbled.

   “Oh shit, we’re late for gym.” Jerry exclaimed nudging at my sweater. I nodded turning for the stairs.

   “I’ll meet you there. I’m going to walk Rachel.” Nick said already pulling her away.

   “Alight, meet you there.” Nate said pushing me forward.

   All through gym, I couldn’t focus. My mind continued to return to the confrontation. Derek sure had a lot of nerves to try and tell me what I should do. He couldn’t stand the fact that Suri was actually happy. He saw the pain she wore on her face everyday but yet he didn’t comfort her. It’s like he almost enjoys her misery. But I got news for him, I don’t and as long as I am here, she is going to be happy. Even if she isn’t with me, I promise Suri will have a reason to smile every morning.

                                                 *         *          *          *

   I was excited when Friday hit. I was ready to enjoy my weekend with my friends and most of I got to spend some time with Suri. She seemed thrilled as well. I had to laugh when she would tell me she was going to race me. I accepted the challenged and now I was more eager for Saturday to come. I just wanted to let the despair of the week vanish. Derek was a subject that didn’t matter so I begged Rachel not to say anything to Suri. She didn’t have to know or go through more pain because of him.

   I rather focus my energy on the question I wanted to ask her. I was hoping she say yes. I wanted to take her to the winter ball. I wanted her feel like she was the only queen in my eyes.

   I popped my locker open as Nate came to my side, bumping my shoulder. “Are you ready for tomorrow?” He laughed as I shoved him back.

   “Hell yeah I am. Can it come any sooner?”

   “Ha-ha, patient dude.” Nate teased bouncing a basket ball in the hall.

   I froze when small warm hands covered my eyes. I knew her touch and recognized her dazzling scent that filled my head and clouded my mind to visualize a garden of roses. Her hands were baby soft and I was tempted to kiss them. I carefully pealed them away and turned to find the beautiful owner of the baby soft hands. I smiled down at her, lightly squeezing her hands.

   “Hello handsome.” She smiled.

   “Hey there gorgeous,” I shot back.

   “Hey guys,” Nick said, joining us with Rachel by his side.

   “What’s up?” Nate said over the dribbling.

   “Rach this is Suri, Suri this is my girlfriend Rachel.” Nick introduced.

   “Babe we know each other.” She smirked.

   “You do?” Nick wondered surprised.

   “Of course, we sit next to each other in art.” Suri winked at him.

   “Hmm,” Nick glanced over at me, his eyes wide with astonishment. Though I could tell he was please just as much as I was.

   “Are we going?” Rachel asked wrapping her arm around Nick’s neck. His hand slipped around her waist as he pointed for us to go with a cheesy smile. They were both defiantly up to something.

   We started to walk but I felt a small hands grasp mine and pull me behind. I heard Nate asking for Jerry as they walked away. I looked back at her.

   “I need a ride home. The person who was supposed to pick me up couldn’t make it.” She told me.

   “Don’t worry, you don’t have to walk.”

   “Thank you.” She smiled my favorite smile, never letting my hand go.

   “You’re welcome.” I said returning the smile.

   We caught up to the boys and Rachel walking towards my car. They were laughing at something Nate had said. Nick eyes widen when Suri was perched by my side. He gave me a smirk with a sort of approval mixed with it.

   “Hey, heyyy,” Nate said noticing Suri’s hand. “Did someone tie the knot and forgot to invite us to the wedding.” Nate joked.

   “Shut up,” Suri said punching arm playfully

   “Ahh,” he laughed, pretending to rub his arm in pain. “That’s the best you got pixie.” Nate teased. She rolled her eyes with a smile perch on her lips. 

   “Be careful Nate, I know what’s capable of.” Rachel shot at him with a grin.

   “She can’t beat me up like she beat Stacy’s up.” Nate said.

   What did he mean by that? “You physical fought Stacy?” I asked appalled. Such a small figure fought a tall, semi, thick girl.

   “Yes,” She confessed shameless.

   “Why and When?” I questioned in a disbelief tone.

   “It was freshman year and because she deserved it.” Suri shrugged.

   “I heard you broke her nose.” Nick said.

   “I did.” She laughed but it quickly faded as if she remembered something she never wanted to remember.

   “Wow,” Nate said with his eyebrows raised. “She is feisty Greg, you better buckle down.” Nate began to chuckle when Suri stepped on his toe. “You see,” He said pointing at her.

   I pulled her back, holding her at my side. She snickered softly, giving my hand a squeeze.

   “Well I have business to attend too.” Nick proclaimed heading to Rachel’s car.

   “Hey Nate, my cousin Sky is in town, she asked for ya.” Rachel sneered handing Nick the keys.

   “Oh yeah, I’ll be leaving with ya then.” He slammed my car door and jogged towards Rachel’s car. “Pick me up in the morning.” Nate shouted before he got in.

   “You better be ready.” I shouted back.

   “You bet,” he saluted goodbye out the window.

   Suri waved goodbye as they drove off. “I like them.” She said looking up at me.

   “I do too,” I agreed. “Shall we?”

   “We shall,” she smiled as I held the car door open for her.

   The ride home was quiet. I didn’t even dare to play the music. She just started out the window for a moment until she looked over at me.

   “So Greg, tell me more about your self.”

   “How about we do question for question?” I said.

   I waited for a long second until she consider it. “I go first.” She said.

   “Rock, paper, scissors?” I grinned.

   She cocked an eyebrow when I said that, then giggled. “But you’re driving . . .” She said looking ahead then back to me.

   “Okay,” I said and pulled over. “How about now?” I ask when she started laughing.

   “You’re going to lose.”

   “Oh yeah . . . rock, paper, scissor, shoot . . .” We both threw and I was surprised that she was right. I was a loser.

   “See,” she said.

   I just smiled, putting the car in drive. “Okay, Suri. You may go first.”

   “What’s your favorite colour?”

   I half laughed. How cute of her. “Honestly, I don’t have one. I like them all.”

   “I do too.” She smiled. I couldn’t help it, I smiled too.

   “What was the biggest wonderful surprise in your life?” I asked her.

   She sat back and looked ahead. She was quiet for a minute. I sneak a glanced at her as the happiness of a few seconds ago disappeared.

   Then she looked at me. “When I found out my sister was pregnant. They were the best months of my life.” She smiled halfheartedly. She glanced out the window but when she returned her gaze to me, she seemed happy once more.

   “What was your most embarrassing moment?”

   I purged my lips together. I had so many she could laugh a lifetime.

   “Come on, I’ll tell you one if you tell me one.”

   “Alright, deal. I got shoved into a locker when I was in middle school.”

   “How is that embarrassing, that’s terrible.” She said with her mouth open in a perfect o.

   “I got laughed at for weeks, worst year of my life.”

   “I’m sorry.” She frowned.

   “Oh it’s okay.”

   She bit her lip and still frowning.

   “It’s your turn.” I told her.

   “Oh yeah,” she giggled. “Um . . . it was in the eighth grade, we were on a hiking fieldtrip. I wanted to be miss adventurous but instead I was miss clown. I tripped on a branch and rolled down the hill. I was the laughing stock of the week.” She half giggled remembering. “I have the scar to prove it.” I watched as she removed her jacket and slid her shirt off her shoulder. I noticed a long scar tracing down her arm.

   “Now how is that finny? That sounds like it hurts.”

   “It did. I remember the pain like it happened yesterday.”

   “Ouch, at least you didn’t damage your beautiful face.”

   From the corner of my eye I saw her give me a sideways glance. “What if I did? What if I wore a horrendous scare of my face; would you still speak to me?” She questioned as she toyed with her fingers on her lap.

   “I would absolutely still talk to you.” I answered with a promise around it.

   She remained quiet, staring out the window. If that was the case and she would have a scar right this second, I would look beyond that. I would look into her soul and feel the love that sings for me.

   “Oh Greg, turn here,” She blurred out. I swiftly turned the car onto Park Avenue. From far I could see a large estate. “Sorry,” she mumbled.

   “It’s okay.” I smiled as I headed towards her house.

   We were silent as we pulled up to her house. Her drive way seemed empty just as the big house the sat in front of my car. I put the car in park and shut it off.

   “Um, yeah . . . This is where I live. It’s a pretty pointless house.”

   “Don’t say that.”

   “Really it is. Since . . . Since my sister, it’s only been my house keeper and I. My father is barely here and my mom is in Japan. She’s been there for a year already.” I watched they way she spoke about her family. Like she was upset, crushed. The anger was rolling off her tongue in waves of bitterness mixed with sadness.

   “It’s okay to be angry, Suri.”

   “I’ve been angry since the day she left.” She mumbled then signed. I was taken back when she looked up at me. Her eyes were wide and reflecting as if I can see my soul through her eyes.

   “Lets go for a walk.” She said opening the car door.

   “Where?”

   “There is a trail behind my house. Come.” She said before she shut the door.

    I though about it. Mom probably wouldn’t be home because of work. Why not it’s better then being home alone waiting for tomorrow to come. I took the keys off the ignition and jumped out the car. She held her hand out for me to take and I did as she lead the way. My heart was singing with joy. Here I was the most beautiful girl on earth. Just her and I  finally alone. I couldn’t complain. There was no where I rather be then here with Suri.

   Maybe I should man up and ask her to the Winter Ball. Tomorrow would be difficult and now seemed perfectly because we were alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 2.9K 37
He pushed me back so my back was now pressed against the wall and we were only a few inches a part. "You aren't leaving me." He said, brushing his l...
94K 3.2K 28
"Anyways, without further ado, are you in or are you out." "Are you joking?" "It's left to you babe." "You're kidding." I affirm, throwing my hand...
859 154 49
He slams me into the wall and I can feel his heavy breath on my neck. "What's wrong-" I ask but he cuts me off by putting his finger on my lips. He p...
2.8M 49.9K 19
"You know you can't resist me much longer." He continued to trail kisses down my neck and jaw. I bit my lip to keep a moan from escaping. "I am yo...