Only One

By EverAfterlover

Josh and Serenity have to try to make things work for their little girls. After Serenity left Josh, he had no... More

Only One
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17

09

129 4 0
By EverAfterlover

Josh was all a buzz with the fact he planned the perfect wedding. He had both families fly, put them up in a different hotel so Serenity had no idea what was going on. It was going to be a shock. He it all planned and knew what he would do to get her to the wedding. Serenity knew that Corlynn and Miles had the girls for a few hours which would make things easier for him. Josh told his soon to be wife he had to go down to the hotel lobby to check on a few work things and took his laptop.

Serenity got out of her relaxing bath as someone knocked on her hotel room door. She shook her head as she tighten her robe and answered it.

"Yes?" She asked as she saw a bell boy.

"I was asked to bring this up." He smiled, handing her a larger box with a smaller box tied to the other box.

"Who sent this?" She laughed as she took the boxes.

"I'm not allowed to say." He smiled as he walked away.

Serenity shook her head as she walked into the hotel room and set the boxes down. She opened the larger box first and saw a note.

"Sere,

I love you with all my heart and I can't wait to see you! Put on what's in the boxes. Then go down to the lobby and wait for your ride.

Josh."

Serenity laughed as she saw Josh's messy handwriting. She pulled the back the paper and pulled out the dress that was inside. She was in awe as she held up the dress. It was exotic gown featuring flowing, soft shimmering satin and a micro-ruched bodice. It had a bejeweled neckline and halter strap with encrusted pearls, rhinestones and crystal beading, which reminded her of a princess dress. She was shocked that the dress was the right size. She quickly slipped into the dress and marveled in how perfect it was. She spun around a few times and laughed when it hit her what the dress reminded her of. She opened the smaller box and found a pair of shoes. The shoes were pointed toe heels, covered in Austrian crystals. She laughed as she slid her feet in, they fit perfectly.

Serenity put her up in a braided bun as she thought about what else Josh might be planning. She grabbed her phone and headed to the lobby. She stepped slowly, taking care not to step on her dress.

"Miss Serenity?" A woman asked, walking up to her.

"Yes?" She laughed, looking at the woman.

"I was asking to help with your hair and make up. I also have a few other gifts from your fiance." She smiled.

"Oh really? Do you know what he's planning?" Serenity laughed as she followed her.

"I'm sorry but no. All I know is I was asked to help get you ready." She smiled.

"Lead the way." She laughed as they walked to the salon.

An hour later, Serenity was allowed to see what was done to her. Her hair was let down but in soft curls with a tiara. The tiara was simple, with a floral design and sparkling rhinestones. Sandy, she had told Serenity her name, handed her 4 velvet boxes.

"What's this?" She asked.

"Presents." Sandy laughed.

Serenity opened the largest box first and held her breath. Inside was a platinum Fleur de lis key with diamonds. She opened the medium box and saw a note.

"For you, something that has been in the family for a while. Corlynn."

Serenity thought it was odd that she was getting something from Corlynn, but opened the box. Inside was a set of dropped heart earrings with small diamonds.

"Those are amazing." Sandy smiled.

"These are.....wow." She laughed as she put them on then the necklace. She opened the first of the small boxes and laughed. In one of them was a silver bracelet made of four leaf clovers. The final box held a heart lock bangle made of platinum. She slid the bangle on her right wrist then stood up.

"If you wait in the lobby, your ride will be here shortly." Sandy smiled as Serenity walked out and went to a couch in the lobby.

As she sat, she wondered what Josh was up too. Everything seemed like he was planning a part or something. It wasn't until a white Cinderella coach pulled up with Raelin sitting in it. She was wearing a tea length dress that had crystal organza, metallic embroidery, crystal beading and sequins. It was a pale blue. Her hair was done in curls and had on a small tiara.

"Mommy! I'm pretty like you!!" She laughed as Serenity was helped into the coach.

"Rae, do you know what your daddy is planning?" She smiled as she hugged her close.

"No. Nana said we had to play dress up. We all look a like." She smiled.

"I see." She laughed.

Serenity and Raelin, enjoyed the ride. Serenity asked where they were going, but the driver wouldn't tell her. He just said it was a surprise.

"Here we are miss." The driver said as they arrived at Disney's Yacht Club Resort.

"Where are we?" She asked as she and Raelin got out.

"Disney's Yacht Club Resort." He smiled.

"Thank you for the ride." She laughed. As they walked up, Raelin laughed when she saw Minnie Mouse.

"We have to follow her!" She laughed as she pulled on her mother's hand.

As they followed Minnie, Serenity was handed flowers and she gasped at the fact she was at her own wedding. She saw her family and friends seated by a gazebo. She felt like crying as she realized Josh planned a private wedding she would love.

"Are you surprised?" Her dad asked as he walked up and took her arm.

"How did he plan this without me knowing?" She laughed.

"It wasn't easy, but he wanted the perfect wedding for you. He knows you love Disney and this would be the perfect wedding. The dress, the shoes, the flowers and the coach." He smiled as he kissed her forehead.

"And you're all here." She said as she felt a tear fall.

"Shhh. It was part of the surprise." He smiled.

As the music started, they began to walk down the aisle. Taelin, Kaelin and Raelin threw flowers as they walked down. Serenity felt her heart sore when she saw Josh in a tux. Her brother stood next to him, alone with Matt and Mike. Her sister was at the alter along with 2 of Josh's sisters. It was a perfect wedding. As she reached the alter, Josh smiled at her and at her dad. She took a deep breath as he took her hand and they looked at the officiate.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join Joshua Ramsay and Serenity Barton in the joy of marriage. Who gives this woman?" He asked.

"Her mother and I do." Adam smiled as he sat down next to his wife.

"We are here to celebrate the love these two share. To show the world their love. Josh has asked they he speak a few words to Serenity." He smiled.

"Sere, there aren't enough words to describe how I feel about you. To explain how much I love you and care for you. Without my life seems empty. Without the girls, everything is boring. Having you and the girls in my life, in our home. I was to spend my life with your and travel around the world with our family. There is nothing in this world I wouldn't do to make you happy. I knew from the moment we met, I wanted to be with you and only you." He watched as she tried no to cry or lose her composer.

"Now Serenity." The officiate smiled.

"Um this is a shock and I love it. This is the best way for someone to tell me they love me. To surprise with me with a dream wedding and telling me how much he loves me and that he wants me to be his only one. I love you so much Josh. We have three amazing little girls and there is no one else I would ever think of being with. You make me feel loved, wanted and needed. I love you more then words can express." She laughed,

"I think they have expressed their love in the most beautiful way. If no one here objects they will now recite their vows." He smiled.

After the ceremony, Josh and Serenity went to have photos taken. They had their girls in a few photos. After the photos they went to the reception at Epcot's Disney Beach Club Resort. It was decorated with an Ariel theme. It was an undersea enchantment theme with pretty pastels, whimsical fish sculptures and floating bubbles that gave the feel of a fairy tale. As they walked in, everyone cheered and clapped. Serenity saw her family and friends excited for her.

"You look amazing! I can't get over this! Josh did an amazing job!! It was so hard not to call you and tell you!" Danielle laughed as she hugged her friend.

The whole venue was full of people. Serenity loved the fact Josh got their friends and family to the reception, but just the close family and friends to the wedding. It was just what she would have planned. The girls were having a blast with the other kids. There was a full bar and a plated meal.

"Sweetie this is amazing." Kimberly smiled as she kissed her cheek.

"I was shocked. This is the best wedding ever." She said as Luna and Eric walked up.

"You look like a princess." Eric smiled as Malissa walked up, looking very happy to be pregnant.

"How happy are you?" She smiled as Luna looked around.

"I'm thrilled! This was the best thing to happen." She laughed. "How's my little niece or nephew?"

"He is going great. Due in a few months. I'm shocked Josh was able to do this." She smiled.

"It was hard not to tell you. Go enjoy yourself!" Malissa smiled.

"Congrats sis. Maybe this one will stick." Luna smirked as she walked off.

Serenity was sitting with her family and Josh's family, waiting for dinner to be served. When the lead singer of the band Josh hired walked out, she gave Corlynn, Miles and her parents a funny look.

"So before dinner is served, our groom asked that he be able to do something for his lovely bride before they eat. So here he is." He laughed as Mike, Matt, Ian and Josh took the stage.

"So I wanna thank you all for coming. I know this is one of Sere's favorite songs and I thought this was fitting since we are at Disney world." He smiled as they started to play Ever Ever After. Serenity let out a small squeal as he started to sing.

Ever ever after

Storybook endings

Fairy tales coming true

Deep down inside

We want to believe they still do

In our secretest heart

It's our favorite part of the story

Let's just admit

We all want to make it to

Ever ever after

If we just don't get it our own way

Ever ever after

It may only be a wish away

Josh hopped off the stage and walked over to his new wife, he motioned to her and she joined him on the floor as Matt took over the song so they could dance.

Start a new fashion

Wear your heart on your sleeve

Sometimes you reach what's realest

By making believe

Unafraid, unashamed

There is joy to be claimed in this world

You even might wind up

Being glad to be you

Ever ever after

Though the world will tell you

It's not smart

Ever ever after

The world can be yours

If you let your heart

Believe in ever after

No wonder your heart

Feels it's flying

Your head feels it's spinning

Each happy ending's

A brand new beginning

Let yourself be enchanted

You just might break through

To ever ever after

Forever could even start today

Ever ever after

Maybe it's just one wish away

Your ever ever after

Ever ever ever after

(I've been dreaming of a true love's kiss)

For ever ever after

"Josh this is the best day ever. Thank you." Serenity said as she kissed him, everyone clinked their glasses and cheered when they kissed.

"I wanted this to be perfect for you. The perfect dress, shoes, hair and perfect wedding day." He smiled as they danced.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 254 24
Ashley is the typical kind of girl. Little beautiful brown hair girl living her own life, dowtown Moncton, not bothering anyone. She can't handle he...
49.3K 1.1K 52
Matt and Josh bump into each other in a coffee shop. Literally. As they talk more, they find that they have more in common than they originally thoug...
440 43 32
"You promise you'll not cry when I leave for Los Angeles?" "I promise." promises are always broken. when a certain blue eyes wonder loses his memory...
9.1K 270 59
What if Taylor Swift was never discovered at the Blue Bird café? What if she had somehow wound up in Vancouver, and became best friends with Josh Ram...