On the 14ths

By MitsukiJunko

RyoSaku moments every 14th of each month. More

Candle Day
White Day
Black Day
Rose Day
Kiss Day
Silver Day
Green Day
Music Day
Wine Day
Movie Day
Hug Day

Valentine's Day

1K 28 0
By MitsukiJunko

I am back. Faster than I can imagine... I thought. Haha, I hope you like it.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the Prince of Tennnis and never will.

Chapter 2: Valentine's Day

Chapter Summary: She decided to make him a homemade chocolate but...

Being happy was considered as an understatement for me. What I was feeling for the past few weeks was beyond emotions. I couldn't actually contain them. Ever since my birthday, Ryoma-kun started noticing my presence. It all started when he asked me out on a date. And it was on my birthday.

He seemed to surprise me ever since. I didn't know but he made me blush most of the time. He even held my hand when he had the chance or to get away from his annoying fangirls.

But... I was also his fangirl.

You aren't annoying.

I remembered him saying those words to me when I told him that I was. Given that his fangirls were really loud and noisy but I wasn't like them. It must have been the reason why I was different than the others. And why Ryoma-kun thought I wasn't annoying to him.

I was glad of that.

It had been almost a month after we dated and I couldn't help but remember how romantic he became that time. It was really rare of him. I chuckled at that thought of Ryoma-kun being romantically-challenged. I didn't mind though because no matter what, he would always looked cool to me.

Tomorrow would be the day of hearts once again. Girls were busy making their masterpiece to give to their loved ones.

Was I to make one as well? I wasn't sure.

I used to give chocolates to my senpais including him and they were obligatory chocolates. I wanted to give Ryoma-kun something different tomorrow.

Something that came from my heart.

I decided that I--

"Itte!" I exclaimed weakly and rubbed my head. I looked behind me to see Ryoma-kun, holding his racket. He must have hit me lightly using that, "Why'd you do that?"

"Because you were not paying attention."

I blinked my eyes at him. And that made me realize something, "What are you doing here?"

"I was looking for you." He looked around us. We were in our classroom and club activities had already started. I decided to volunteer to stay and clean since I didn't have anything to do. The students who were tasked to do the cleaning went early and I told them that it was fine.

"Why?" I asked after several minutes of pondering.

"Are you making chocolates tomorrow?"

I was taken aback when he asked that. Blush crept to my face as I fidgeted with my fingers, "I think I will..."

"Hmm."

"Anou, do you want--"

"No."

"Eh?"

"Don't make me one."

"B-but why?"

"I don't like chocolates."

"But you ate the chocolates I gave you every year."

"That's why I don't want them anymore." He said casually. My eyes widened when I realized what he was saying. He was fed up with my chocolates and he didn't want them anymore.

Somehow, it made me upset.

"Ryoma-kun no baka!" I murmured before walking away from him. He called me but I didn't turn around. If he didn't want my chocolates them he wouldn't get any from me.

xxx

I dropped my head on my desk the moment I got to school and into our classroom this morning. I sighed deeply and felt the tiredness weighing on me.

Why did I do it?

Yeah, it was silly of me. Despite that he didn't want my chocolates anymore, I still made one for him.

I couldn't believe that my body acted on its own... rather my hands acted on its own.

Sighing, I made sure that this chocolate was different than the previous ones I gave him. I hope Ryoma-kun would accept them. They weren't the same, right?

A few minutes later, Ryoma-kun appeared in the classroom. It seemed that he woke up late just like always. My head was still on my desk so I hoped that he would ignore me.

"Ne, Ryuzaki..."

Just when I was wishing of all days to ignore me, why not now?

I bit my lower lip as I lifted my head and looked at him. He looked at me curiously and was about to ask me something when our first period teacher came in, getting all of our attention.

We both looked in front and stared at our teacher. I sighed as she started talking about our lesson for the day.

It was thanks to her that I was actually saved by the bell.

xxx

After the long lessons this morning, lunch finally came up. I was actually lucky when Ryoma-kun's head was slumped on his desk. He was probably sleeping. I immediately gathered my things and quietly walked away from my table.

"Wait!" I stopped short when his hand grabbed my wrist, preventing me from walking away any further. His hand on my wrist brought shivers down my spine.

"I thought you were... sleeping?" I asked the first thing that came to my mind.

He nodded as he looked at me, "But I was aware you were nearby."

My heart skipped a beat suddenly. Was that even possible for a person to be aware of a presence nearby while sleeping? Sleepwalkers didn't even remember what they were doing on their previous nights. Not that I knew one.

"Listen, about the chocolates..." He started speaking taking me back from my reverie. I felt his hand tighten from my wrist that I realized he was still holding, "I--"

"RYOMA-SAMA!!!"

A shoulder bumped me making me stumble forward then another body blocked me with her back, causing for Ryoma-kun to let my hand go. Girls after girls started compiling in front of his desk pushing me backwards until I couldn't see him.

I sighed as I stared at the sight. These girls wanted to give Ryoma-kun their chocolates. These are his fangirls. I was not sure what he wanted to say to me but I doubted if I'd know it anytime soon. Gripping my bag, I turned around and continued walking on my way to meet Tomoka-chan in the cafeteria.

That was my initial plan anyway.

xxx

"Give him then." Tomoka-chan suggested as she took a bite of her own sandwich.

"That's not easy," I said as I placed my cheek on my palm, "It only appears that I am not listening to him."

"Since when did you listen to him?"

"Tomo-chan!"

"Relax, okay," She said looking at me after swallowing her food, "It's not like he always orders you something that you shouldn't do. You said your chocolates are different, right?"

I nodded, "He doesn't want the chocolates I used to give him before."

"Then there's no problem with it."

"What if he still doesn't want them?"

"There's one way for you to find out and you know that." She said biting her food once again ending our conversation.

I sighed dejectedly and murmured, "I knew you would say that."

xxx

Time flew by really fast and it was already the end of school. Club activities weren't over so some players were planning to stay.

I could see some of them were carrying boxes of chocolates probably from the girls who gave them. Some girls were still carrying some boxes in their hands, running to find their inspirations. I could hear some girls passing me by that they were looking for Ryoma-kun and they couldn't find him in the court. I chuckled at that as I walked my way to the court, planning to give mine to the senpais.

The court was indeed crowded. It seemed that some of them were interrupted by the girls. I looked at the time on my watch and it seemed that practice would start thirty minutes later. I spotted Momo-chan-senpai together with Kaidoh-senpai and Kikumaru-senpai hiding from a pole.

It wasn't like they were not easily spotted. I made my way to them.

"What are doing there, senpai-tachi?"

The three of them jumped out of surprise. I chuckled as I couldn't stop myself. Kaidoh-senpai blushed a little and it made me blush a little too. Kikumaru-senpai sighed of relief as he faced me;

"You scared us, Ryuzaki-chan."

"Yeah, I thought you were one of the girls out there," Momo-chan-senpai said turning his head to the court where some girls were giving chocolates to Tezuka-buchou and Oishi-senpai, "They just won't stop."

"Wait, are you also giving us?" Kikumaru-senpai leaned closer to me, excitement filled his face. I blushed as I bit my lower lip.

"I-if senpai-tachi don't mind them."

Momo-chan-senpai placed his hands on my shoulder to make me look at him straight to his eyes, "Of course we do. Yours are exceptionally acceptable."

"We cannot miss your chocolates. I love them." Kikumaru-senpai agreed.

"Fsssssh."

I was able to chuckle despite the blush I had on my face. I was glad that they liked my chocolates. My hands searched for them in my bag and gave each of them a box of chocolate, "It wasn't much but I hope you love them."

"It will never be much," Momo-chan-senpai grinned at me, "because we want more."

"Mou, senpai."

He laughed before he started speaking, "We cannot be greedy about it. Thank you for the chocolates, Ryuzaki-san."

Kikumaru-senpai nodded at me as he was already chewing some chocolates I gave him. Kaidoh-senpai uttered thanks to me. He still had the slight blush on his face.

"I need to go, senpai," I told them as I started walking away from them, "See you later."

They also waved goodbye to me and I started walking away. I looked for the other senpais and gave my gifts to them when I got the chance. It was fortunate that I was able to give them my chocolates before they started playing.

There was only one person left that I haven't given my chocolates yet.

I guessed that I had to wait until their practice was over.

xxx

I sat on the floor of the rooftop while looking at the court below.

They were still playing so I decided to wait here and watch them play. I didn't know why I was waiting here but I could see them from below if they would start to leave. If that happened, I'd chase Ryoma-kun and gave him the chocolates.

Yes, I was stubborn so that was what I was going to do.

I leaned back on the wall that I was leaning in and stared at the sky. Blinking at it, the sky was miraculously clear of clouds. It was blue and cool. It felt refreshing staring at it. I closed my eyes when the wind blew around me. It felt really nice.

A slight pain hit my head all of the sudden. Rubbing it, I looked up just to see Ryoma-kun leaning over towards me. He was holding a can of ponta, probably the one he used for hitting me.

"Mou! Why do you keep hitting me, Ryoma-kun?" I said complaining at him. If it wasn't his tennis racket hitting me, his can of ponta would. Seriously? I'd start worrying about my head for this.

"That's for keep disappearing from me." He said walking in front of me. That was when I realized it. I moved behind where his legs were and looked down below. The others were still there and he was already up here. I didn't see him leaving the court.

"H-how did you get here?"

He looked at me like I had grown another head, "Through that door?" He said questioning his own words as he pointed the door to my side.

"I mean, why are you here? Isn't the practice over?"

He moved and sat beside me, "I was avoiding them."

"Them?"

Ryoma-kun nodded not elaborating his words. It took a few seconds before I understood what he was telling me. That was how I remembered the box. I fumbled inside my bag and yanked the last box from there. I gave it to him.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Ryoma-kun." I greeted, blush appeared on my cheek as I stared at the red box in front of me, not him.

"But I told you--"

"This is special!" I interrupted closing my eyes shut this time, "If you don't like it, I'll never give you chocolates anymore."

Silence erupted between us before he grabbed the box from my hand. I slowly opened my eyes just to see him staring at the box.

"This is not like the last time?"

"It isn't." I observed him as I looked at him, biting my lips. My heart started to pound when I saw the smirk that was slowly forming to his lips.

"What do you call it then?"

I stared at him, thinking of the question he was asking. Remembering all the chocolates I gave him and to the others, I realized they were obligatory. Now that I told him that this one was special, the chocolates could only mean...

"...H-honmei..." My eyes widened before I could stop what I was saying. His smirk spread wider.

"I'll gladly accept them." He said stuffing the box to his bag and stood up. He turned around and walked away leaving me behind.

"E?" Everything was really fast. So, Ryoma-kun wanted my...

"Aren't you coming?"

His voice made me look at him. He waited for me in front of the door, which was already opened. I looked at him for a few seconds before getting up and followed him.

I didn't know but the box did make my heart really beat so fast and the one who was holding it was making it crazily pounding like it never had before.

Done!!! How was it. This is getting cliche to me. Hahaah, please bear with me... I am having the typical events so wait until a couple of months.

Reviews please. Help me with this... Thank you... :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 54 11
𝘈 𝘳𝘦π˜₯ 𝘴𝘡𝘳π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘒𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘒𝘳𝘴, 𝘣𝘢𝘡 𝘯𝘰 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨𝘴, 𝘩𝘒𝘡𝘦 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘀𝘒𝘳𝘦 𝘡𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘢𝘨𝘩 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘒𝘳𝘴, 𝘒 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘡𝘩𝘒𝘡...
11K 411 23
Oneshot book for SakuAtsu stan just like yours truly. 😁
3.7K 101 4
Just when he realized his feelings on his 16th birthday, he had so many ridiculous rivals and he couldn't even beat them, especially they weren't eve...
5.5K 160 3
Date A Live x Male Hantengu Reader. Hope you enjoy 😊