Fairy Tail: Legend of Roxas

By SonicBlade40

Lucy's childhood friend Roxas Eragon, A powerful slayer arrives in hopes of finding something worth protectin... More

Chapter 1 - Arrival
Chapter 2 - Welcome to Fairy Tail!
Chapter 3 - Daybreak
Chapter 4 - Enter the Water Dragon Slayer
Chapter 6 - Lullaby!
Chapter 7 - The Cursed Island
Chapter 8 - Brawl on Galuna Island!
Chapter 9 - Just do Whatever!
Chapter 10 - Galuna Island: The Final Battle
Chapter 11 - Mission: Destroy The Moon!
Chapter 12 - Changeling
Chapter 13 - This Means War!
Chapter 14 - Lucy Heartfilia
Chapter 15 - Showdown Between Water and Ice!
Chapter 16 - Fairies vs Phantoms
Chapter 17 - Fairies vs Phantoms Part 2
Chapter 18 - Lucy's Resolve
Chapter 19 - The Darkness Within
Chapter 20 - The Onibus Town Players
Chapter 21 - The Truth About Leo
Chapter 22 - Tower of Heaven
Chapter 23 - Heaven's Bitter Path
Chapter 24 - Jellal's Game
Chapter 25 - Race Against Etherion
Chapter 26 - The Power Within
Chapter 27 - Return to Magnolia
Chapter 28 - First Kiss
Chapter 29 - Fighting Festival
Chapter 30 - Melee in Magnolia
Chapter 31 - Thunder Palace
Chapter 32 - Final Clash
Chapter 33 - Final Clash Part 2
Chapter 34 - Fantaisa
Chapter 35 - The Fateful Encounter
Chapter 36 - Power Unleashed
Chapter 37 - Rampage
Chapter 38 - Natsu vs Roxas
Chapter 39 - Light vs Dark: The Final Battle Part 1
Chapter 40 - Light vs. Dark: The Final Battle Part 2

Chapter 5 - Wizard in Armor

1.2K 31 8
By SonicBlade40

Disclaimer: Hey guys! Firestorm40 here with a whole new chapter of Fairy Tail's Fox Slayer for you all. Let me know what you guys think. So without further ado, Enjoy!

------------------------

Roxas and Lucy were now at the Fairy Tail guild looking at the job request board to find a good job.

Roxas then asked, "So, what's our next mission Lu?"

"I don't know." Said Lucy. "I'm having trouble finding a job."

"You too, huh?" Said a member of the guild named Nab as he stood next to Lucy looking at the mission board. Lucy and Roxas nodded as the Fairy Tail member continued to look for a job.

"Roxas! Lucy!" Said a voice behind Roxas and Lucy, making them look behind them to see Airel, who was now wearing the same outfit that she came to Magnolia in. "Hey guys."

"Oh, hey Airel." Roxas said with a smile, while Lucy continued to look at the board. "How your stay at Fairy Hills?"

"Other than the price range, It was pretty good, actually." Airel said, rubbing her head. "So, what are you guys up today?"

"Well, we're looking for a good job right now for rent. Otherwise, Lu's going to into one of her mood swings." Roxas joked at the last part, causing Lucy to turn and smack his on the arm.

"I don't have mood swings!" Lucy denied, folding her arms with a pout. "Besides, if we had taken that 2 million reward, we'd be sitting pretty."

"Do you mind if I tag along too?" Airel asked. "I'm curious about what types of jobs there are."

"Sure thing." Roxas nodded, before the three of began to look for a decent job.

"How about this one?" Roxas asked, holding up a job offer. "It's asking for a babysitter. 500 Jewels."

"Mmm...Payment isn't good enough. How about this one?" Lucy grabbed one. "Escorting livestock. 10,000 Jewels."

"I didn't know picking jobs would be this hard..." Airel sighed as she searched the board.

Mirajane noticed the trio looking at the request board and walked towards them, "If you find anything that interest you, just let me know since Master's not here."

A confused Lucy looked over at Mirajane, "What are you talking about?"

"Is he out today?" Misty asked.

"Master is at a meeting where guild masters from different provinces come to report about their guild. They come together once in a while to meet with each other and catch up." Mirajane answered.

"Like a board's meeting?" Roxas asked, getting a nod in return.

Mira then began to explain the Magic Council and dark guilds to the two when Natsu chose this time to appear. He had his hands behind his head, "So, what's our next mission? You two get to pick this time."

Happy was floating next to Natsu, "Aye! We chose without consoling you last time, so it's either Roxas' turn or yours to pick Lucy."

Turning her back on both of them, "Don't joke around! We're splitting up."

Widening his eyes Natsu stared at her, "Why?"

"You just needed me because I fit the description of Everlue's maid request."

Natsu scratched the back of his head looking confused, "What are you talking about? You are right though." See she was right after all. They didn't need her. "Though we choose you two to be in our team because you're a nice person and Roxas is a cool guy."

Roxas decided to get in the conversation, "Come on Lu, you're valuable members of the team. It wouldn't be a team without you." He gave her a toothy grin.

Looking at him she seemed to think about her decision a little. Maybe it wasn't so bad. Natsu wasn't so bad and Roxas was her best friend, who she really enjoyed being around.

"Wait, you guys are all on a team?" Airel asked, surprised at this.

"Aye, we became a team two days ago." Happy told her. Natsu thought about something before a huge grin appeared on his face.

"I just had a great idea! Airel, would you like to Team Chaotic! Come on, since you're a dragon slayer too, we could use someone with your skill!" Natsu said excitedly.

"Team Chaotic?" Airel inquired. Happy soon floated atop his head and rested himself on it, yawning.

"It's one of the teams at the guild. A lot of the members take solo jobs, but some of them form teams to tackle the harder ones. Like the old saying goes, two fishes are better than one," Happy said sagely.

"Pretty sure it's two dragons are better than one, Happy. Get with the program," Natsu said smugly.

"It's actually two heads are better than one." Roxas laughed.

"Everyone knows that." Lucy shook her head.

Airel giggled at that before speaking. "Right, but back to the teams for a second. I guess I'm interested. Who else is on the team, though?" She wondered.

"Well, that'd be me! Natsu Dragneel, Dragon Slayer extraordinaire. There's also Lucy. She's the blonde chick you met. She's a Celestial Mage, which means that she can summon a bunch of spirits with her keys. There's Roxas. He's awesome guy and he's a Nine-Tailed Fox Slayer. Oh yeah, and my pal Happy. SO?! YOU WANNA JOIN?!" Natsu asked excitedly.

"You'll get lots of fish!" Happy said, adding the irresistible cherry on top.

"It would be great to have another female on board." Lucy said with a smile.

"So, what do you say Airel?" Roxas asked her.

"Sure. Sounds like it could be fun." Airel said with a smile.

"ALRIGHT! TEAM CHAOTIC JUST ADDED ANOTHER MEMBER! LOOK OUT WORLD, HERE WE COME!" Natsu cackled, spraying fire everywhere.

"You know you don't have to force yourself to team with anyone, you three."

Turning around they saw Gray sitting not too far from them. The most interesting thing that she realized is that he was half naked. He only had a pair of boxers on. He was sitting there like it was the most normal thing in the world.

With a smile on her face and a mug in and, Cana took it upon herself to announce Gray's wardrobe malfunction, "Gray... Your clothes."

Feeling a breeze over his body he looked down and noticed that his clothing had disappeared, "AAARGH! I forgot them again!"

"How do you forget? Aren't clothes the first thing that you're supposed to think about?" Roxas sweatdropped, earning a giggle from Lucy.

"Why is he naked anyway?" Airel wondered.

Natsu stared at Gray with a disgust look, "What a pain in the ass."

"Who you calling a pain in the ass."

"Who do you think, you perverted punk."

They started to fight each other while the other member just watched in amusement. It was always fun watching those two fight. They always fought over stupid things.

Meanwhile, all that was happening, Loke took it upon himself to start flirting with Lucy, "You're really beautiful. If I were to take off my shades and look at you with my naked eyes, they'd probably shatter into pieces." Roxas was looking on with a watchful eye. He didn't know the guy very well, but Loke was known for being a 'Lady's Man'. For some reason, Roxas didn't like Loke hitting on Lucy.

Lucy knew the kind of guy that Loke was, so she wasn't fooled at all, "Then please take them off." She didn't need a guy like him flirting with her.

Putting his both arms on her shoulders he stared at her and his face sparkled. Hearing the sounds of keys jingling, his eyes say Lucy's keys hanging from her waist and his face began to pale, "You're a Celestial wizard!" He then turned around and ran for his life, "Sorry, but this is the end of us!"

With a sweat drop she looked at his retreating form, 'When was there an 'us'?'

Looking back at Mirajane, "What just happened?" Airel asked. Was Lucy being a Celestial wizard really such a scary thing?

Mirajane smiled, "Loke isn't very good at dealing with Celestial wizards." Maybe he had a fear of keys, but that would be pretty stupid. "Not only that, but rumor has it he dated one and it didn't exactly end well". After a few seconds, they saw Loke running back for some strange reason. Maybe he forgot something?

Loke came over and stopped for a few seconds to catch his breath, "Bad news! Erza is back!" Everyone's faces paled and both looked like they had seen a ghost.

"Why did it get so quiet?" Roxas wondered as he looked around. Everyone was either sitting properly shaking in terror.

"Because Erza's returning. She's the most powerful female wizard in Fairy Tail." Mira replied.

" 'The' Erza!?" Lucy exclaimed.

"Who's Erza?" Airel asked.

"You'll see in a minute." Happy smiled as the front door opened. Everyone stopped whatever they were doing and stared at the newcomer.

Roxas, Lucy and Airel looked to see who the newcomer was and was surprised by her striking appearance. She wore a silver, armor top with a gold outline, a simple navy-blue skirt, and brown ankle boots. The teen had a beautiful face, chocolate brown eyes, and fiery red hair. On her shoulder she had a huge horn. 

"So, we finally get to meet her." Roxas said.

"I can't believe she's here!" Lucy said in excitement.

"From the way everyone was acting, I thought she was some type of demon." Airel said.

Dropping the horn next to her she looked around, "I'm back. Is master present at the moment?"

Mirajane was the first to answer, "Masters attending his the regular meeting"

Erza looked around the guild, "I see..."

A random guild member decided to ask what was on everyone's mind, "E-Erza... What is that... Humongous thing?"

Closing her eyes, "The local townspeople decorated the horn of a demon that I subdued... it was pretty so I brought it back as a souvenir." Looking at the member that had asked, "Is it a problem?"

"N...N...N...No ma'am." The man replied.

Erza then said in a tone that was loud enough for the whole guild to hear, "Listen up, I got word that some of you have caused some damages during your missions. Master Makarov might not care, but I most certainly do. Wakaba!" The smoking man then froze in fear when she said his name, "You need to put that thing out already. It's a very dirty habit."

"Yes, ma'am." Wakaba said as he slowly put his cigarette out.

"Cana!" Erza said, making the drinking beauty stop what she was doing. "You also need to control your habit of drinking so much. Vijeeter!" The brown haired man who was dancing in a tight black suit with some silver designs on it stopped what he was doing. "Take you're dancing somewhere else, please, it's too distracting. Nab!"

Nab then looked behind him to look at Erza and asked, "Yes, ma'am?"

"You have been staring at that board none stop for as long as I can remember." Said Erza. "Just pick a job already. Macao!" As the blue haired man stopped to look at Erza, she sighed in disappointment.

"Just say something." Macao begged.

"I just don't know where to begin with you." Erza said as she placed her right hand on her face and shook her head.

"Wow, she is really laying in on people." Lucy said.

"No kidding." Airel agreed.

"Are Natsu and Gray here?" Erza asked, looking around for said two.

Natsu and Gray had arms around each other and where shaking each other's hand like they were the best of friends. They were sweating and shaking with fear, "Hey Erza... W-Were... B-Being G-G-Good to each other."

"Aye!"

Lucy stared at them both in shock, "Natsu became like Happy!" She's never seen Natsu so scared in her life. He's always the type to accept any challenge.

Smiling at them, "I see... Best friends do fight once in a while... But I rather see you two being good to each other like that all the time." She was happy that they were being nice to each other. Friends must always get along.

"Natsu's really shaking, what's wrong with him?" Airel asked.

"Oh. Natsu challenged Erza to a match and got beaten badly. Because of that, he is really scared of her!" Mira answered cheerfully. "Gray was caught naked so Erza beat him too. Loki tried to flirt so it almost escalated to violence but luckily for him, Erza didn't punish him badly as Natsu or Gray."

"Wow, really?" Airel asked in shock.

"No surprise there." Lucy muttered.

Roxas then walked up to Natsu and Gray. "Wow, it must've been one hell of an ass kicking."

Erza then turned her attention to Roxas. "Are you the one of the new members I've been hearing about? Roxas, was it?"

Roxas grinned and extended his hand. "Yeah, Roxas Eragon. Fox Slayer. Nice to meet you Erza."

"Likewise." Erza said, grabbing his hand.

After announcing the reason she had returned, she turned to Natsu and Gray, "I heard some troubling things at work. I need your help. You'll come with me right?" The whole room gasped. Erza actually needed help. She never needed help before in any of her missions.

"Fine! But if I have to go with Gray, then we gotta take my team too!" Natsu shouted and pointed at Roxas, Lucy and Airel.

"Huh?"

Erza looked at the trio for a second before she nodded in approval. "Very well. They shall come too."

Roxas shrugged. "Sure, I'm gamed."

Airel smiled. "Sounds great to me.

Lucy just sat there with a dumb look on her face. "EH!?"

Erza turned around to getting ready to leave, "We'll leave tomorrow. Be prepared."

------------------------

The Next Day, Magnolia Station

At the station both Natsu and Gray continued with their feud that they had going on for each other. It was causing a disturbance for everyone else in the station. Roxas, Lucy, Airel and Happy looked on from a safe distance.

 "Teaming up with you is the worst idea ever!" Natsu angrily shouted as he butted heads with Gray.

"Yeah, Erza made a huge mistake asking a loser like you to come along!" Gray shouted back.

"Team Chaotic can handle this job right?" Natsu asked the others.

"Yup!" Airel gave him a victory sign. "No problem."

"Yeah...no problem." Lucy joined in with an unenthusiastic manner.

Roxas placed his hands behind his head and grinned.

"Aye sir, we'll get the job done!" Happy happily stated.

"See?!" Natsu turned his attention back to Gray. "We don't need your help."

"What was THAT?!" Gray countered angrily and the two of them butted heads again, their temper flared up. "In case you forgot, ERZA asked me to come. Do you want to get beaten again, Cotton-candy head?"

"If it's Erza who is going to fight me, I'll consider running away. If I have to fight you then bring it on! I'll wipe your ass on the floor!" Natsu replied.

"This is getting out of hand...!" Lucy muttered.

Airel then got a great idea. "Hey, Erza! Over here!" The boys tensed up right then and there.

"Let's show Erza how friendly we are today!" Gray said with a forced smile, sweat glistened on his forehead.

"Aye sir!" Natsu joined in with a forced smile.

"AHAHAHAHA this is just hilarious!" Roxas laughed, as he, Lucy, Happy and Airel held their sides laughing at the silly antics.

"You tricked us!" Natsu and Gray exclaimed in unison.

"Sorry I'm late." The real Erza's voice reached their ears and they saw her walking over with a cart full of luggage.

"That's A LOT of luggage!" Lucy exclaimed, her eyes bugging out.

"Hmmm? You were at the Fairy Tail guild yesterday with Roxas, weren't you?" Erza looked at her closely.

"My name's Lucy." She bowed politely. "I'm new to Fairy Tail and I'll do my best on this mission."

"I'm Erza Scarlet. Nice to meet you." She smiled. "You're one of the people in the guild that were being talked about. I heard you defeated a Mercenary Gorilla...you're very promising. What magic do you use?"

"Celestial magic and that was Natsu who took down the gorilla...those facts are slightly twisted..." Lucy said since she tried to tell every member that Natsu was the one who beat the gorilla.

"Interesting. And you?" Erza looked at Airel.

"My name is Airel Vallière and I use Dragon Slayer Magic."

"You are the same as Natsu...hmmmm...another person that the guild was buzzing about. I can't wait to see your powers at work..." Erza looked as though she wanted to say more but the train whistled for departure.

"Let's go. I'll fill you in on the way to our destination." Everyone piled in and the train pulled out of Magnolia Station.

---------------------

"Haa. Haa. Haa. Haa..." Natsu made this weird sound as the group sat in the train. Lucy, Erza and Airel sat on one side while the boys and Happy sat on the other.

"You're so hopeless, Natsu..." Gray stated irritably. "Go somewhere else if you're gonna be annoying. Even better, don't ride on the train! Just run or let Happy carry you!"

"Ugh..." Natsu complained.

"What's wrong with Natsu? He doesn't look too well." Airel gave him a confused look.

"Natsu gets motion sickness whenever he is on any type of transportation; cars, trains etc. etc. Technically anything that moves and has wheels. He is such a useless person." Gray informed her.

"If Misty is also a Dragon Slayer like Natsu, then why doesn't she get motion sickness?"

"I'm use to transportation of any kind." Airel replied simply, looking out of the window for a bit.

"I know it happens every time...but it still looks really painful..." Erza looked forgiving so she pats the seat next to her. "Come sit next to me."

"Aye..." Natsu mumbles as he changed sides. Erza quickly puts him out of his misery, knocking him unconscious before laying his head on her lap.

"That should ease his pain a bit..." She smiled at the rest of the crew who looked at her with their jaws dropped.

"Wow, that's one way to do it..." Roxas muttered.

"Now that I think about it, I've never seen any other magic than Natsu's in Fairy Tail. What kind of magic do you use?" Lucy asked her.

"Erza's magic is beautiful." Happy said excitedly. "Plenty of blood came out in the end. Her opponent's blood."

"How is that beautiful?" Lucy gave the cat a look.

"It's nothing special...I think Gray's magic is more beautiful." Erza said.

"It is?" Gray asked before using his Ice Maker magic to produce the Fairy Tail brand out of ice.

"WAH!" Lucy exclaimed at the tiny sculpture.

"It's ice magic!" Gray informed her.

"That's pretty cool." Roxas said in awe.

"Ice doesn't really fit you, though." Erza commented.

"Who cares." was Gray's response.

Lucy thought for a minute. She looks at Gray. "Ice!" She looks at Natsu. " Flame! AH! No wonder you two don't get along! You guys are so straight-forward and cute."

"Is that so?" Erza asked.

"Who cares about that!?" Gray muttered, looking uneasy. "Anyway...Erza what's really going on? Can you explain why we're on this job with Team Chaotic?"

"Let me explain." Erza started her tale. "I was on my way back from another job offer. When I stopped by at a bar in Onibas, where mages gather, some folks there caught my attention..."

---------------------

In Onibas Bar (Erza's flashback memory)...

She was sitting at a table with her drink when a voice caught her attention.

"RAWR! WHERE"S MY BOOZE!" She looks over at the table who was causing a commotion. One of the men was yelling at the waitress.

"WHY ARE YOU SO SLOW!?"

"I...I'm sorry." The waitress apologized.

"Beard..." One of his comrades spoke, "Don't get so angry."

"HOW CAN I NOT BE IRRITATED BY THIS!? " The man named Beard used his magic to transfer Booze to his empty cup. "WE FINALLY FOUND THE HIDDEN 'LULLABY,' BUT IT WAS ALL SEALED UP! HOW'D THEY DO THAT!? WE CAN'T BREAK THE SEAL AT ALL!"

"Idiot! You're too loud." His college snapped.

"Yup. Noisy." Chubby guy said.

"SHIT!" Board drank his booze quickly.

"It's not like we can break the seal, even with more people." The calm guy spoke. "I'll take care of the rest, so you guys just go on and head back to the guild. Please let Eligor-san know. I will definitely come back with the Lullaby in three days."

"For real!? Did you figure out how to break the seal?"

"OOH! GOOD JOB, KAGE-CHAN!"

End of flashback...

-----------------------

"Lullaby?" Gray asked.

"The Lullaby...Is it some sort of magic that can put people to sleep?" Lucy also looked confused.

"I don't know...but since it is sealed, it probably contains some powerful magic." Erza explained.

"I don't get it." Lucy spoke. "So you came across some folks who wanted to break the seal of some unknown magic... Maybe that's all it was, their job...nothing special."

"Yeah...that's what I told myself, too, and didn't give it any more thought..." Erza's facial features darkened. "Until I remembered the name Eligor. The ace of mage guild Eisenwald, Eligor the Reaper."

"Reaper!?" Lucy shuttered as she pictured Death.

"So, this guys kills for money." Roxas said.

"Yes, The name 'Reaper' is a nickname people gave him because he kept taking up assassination requests. The council prohibits mages from taking assassination requests, but Eisenwald chose money." Erza assured her. "So then , six years ago... the guild was ousted from the mage guild league...and is now categorized as a Dark Guild."

"DARK GUILD!?" Lucy exclaimed, sweating like cray.

"Lucy, your skin is producing juice!" Happy stared wide-eyed at this interesting thing.

"IT"S SWEAT!"

"They were punished. Eisenwald's master was arrested and the guild was ordered to disband themselves. Thought, most of the "Dark" Guilds keep on functioning regardless and ignore the order." Erza looked really scary when she mentioned how she was going to put every single member in a blood offering.

Erza slammed her fist onto Natsu's head in anger. "I made a mistake. If I had recognized the name Erigor earlier I could have beaten their plans out of them."

"I see. You want to stop Eisenwald from doing something evil with Lullaby, but you can't handle the entire guild by yourself. So you asked us for help." Gray summarized.

"Yes, the plan is to head straight to Eisenwald."

"Sounds interesting." Roxas said with a smirk.

Next to him Lucy had broken out into a cold sweat at the mention of fighting a dark guild and had continued to get more terrified as the conversation went on and she grasped the full implications of what she had gotten into. "I should have stayed at the guild!" She moaned.

"Lucy, your skin is making juice again." Happy innocently pointed out.

"I told you it's sweat!" Lucy said. She knew he was messing with her, but was too dejected to care. Roxas then wrapped his arm around Lucy's shoulder.

"Don't worry, Lu. I'll protect you." He told her with a toothy grin that made him resemble a fox.

Lucy looked at her childhood friend. She never doubted him in her life, so why would she do so now? She blushed at the closeness before smiling and nodding. "Thanks."

------------------------

Onibus Station

Roxas, Lucy, Gray, Erza, and Happy walked through the station with Erza trailing behind them pulling her luggage. Lucy turned to the redhead and asked her a question that had been bothering her. "Where is Eisenwald's guild at?"

"I don't know. We are here to look for clues." Erza informed her.

Happy looked up from his fish to ask Erza a question of his own. "Where's Natsu and Airel?" All of the team members froze in shock.

"Huh?" Lucy looked around with horror. "No way!? Natsu and Airel aren't here!" Both Gray and Erza had horrified looks on their face. Roxas looked out at the departing train.

------------------

On the train...

"Haa...Haa...Haa..." Natsu was making that breathing again. Airel dozed off during the conversation and was sleeping against the window sill.

"Sir, is this seat taken?" A male's voice asked. "My, my, my...you seem to be in pain. Are you okay?" Natsu didn't seem to hear him. Airel stirred a bit but she didn't seem to notice.

"Fairy Tail..." The stranger saw the duo's Fairy Tail marks. "A regular guild, huh...I envy you."

------------------

Done with this chapter.  Hope you enjoyed it!

Next Time: Lullaby!

Once the team arrives at the train the station, the come face to face with Erigor and his men. Can the group of Fairies bring down the Reaper and get Lullaby? Find out in the next chapter of Fairy Tail: Legend of Roxas!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 279 17
Akari Ryu continues her Fairy Tail journey, but this time she has bigger challenges to face. S-Class trials are around the corner and Akari is one of...
41.2K 886 22
Book 1 of Dragon Series: MIRAXUS Fairy Tail FanFic --- "MINE!" He growled possessively pulling me close to him. I trembled at his touch and the heat...
1.2K 58 23
In the vibrant world of Fiore, where magic reigns supreme and adventure awaits at every turn, a new hero emerges from the shadows of his brother's le...
131 18 18
Laxus Dreyar goes down a different path than anyone expected. Lucy meets someone that she calls sister. Happy meets someone that really cares for him...