DON AMORE (Mafia Romance) 18+

By sultryslxt

Trailer for this book is AVAILABLE NOW! If you're interested in hot, sexy, sensual, fiery and action-filled c... More

DON AMORE
Cast/Character profile & Trailer
Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Author's note
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty four
Chapter thirty five
Chapter thirty six
Chapter thirty seven
Chapter thirty eight
Chapter thirty nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty one
Chapter forty two
Chapter forty three
Chapter forty four
Chapter forty five
Chapter forty six
Chapter forty seven
Chapter forty eight
Chapter forty nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty one
Chapter fifty two
Chapter fifty three
Chapter fifty four
Chapter fifty five
Chapter fifty six
Chapter fifty seven
Chapter fifty eight
Chapter fifty nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter sixty one
Chapter sixty two
Chapter sixty three
Chapter sixty four
Chapter sixty five
Chapter sixty six
Chapter sixty seven
Chapter sixty eight
Chapter sixty nine
Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER #1
BONUS CHAPTER #2
BONUS CHAPTER #3 - FATALÈ
ALDILÀ AMORE / SHORT STORY
Q&A

Chapter seventeen

99.4K 2.7K 835
By sultryslxt

Adriana's POV

What..?

I try to process this; I mean how could I? The man that I have been worried sick about for a few days was now standing in front of me like he was meant to be here. My heart dropped when I watch Matt just give me a small smile, like an assuring one but I wasn't convinced or 'assured' like I should be because something was definitely not right here; Matt shouldn't be here because it's dangerous. My stomach turned as I watch Matt and ignore my surroundings.

"Matt...?"

"You have a friend to be by your side twenty-four-seven therefore, there is no need to worry about being alone. Fiore." I dart my gaze back at Fabio who pulled away from me and walked back to the door. My jaws dropped as I begin to realise what is going on. Fabio looks at Matt when they both share a nod before he turned around and left with all his men that cornered me earlier. Once they left, Matt turned to me and walked to the corner I was sitting at.

"Adriana, I'm here don't worry." He assured me as he reached out to hold my hand however, I pull away from him. I watch him in shock as well as confusion because I had no idea what was going on. I wanted to know his story so I gave him a pleading look.

"Matt, What is going on? Where were you? Why are you here?" I bombard,

"I work with Dante." He revealed and my jaw dropped again,

I felt my eyes pop out their sockets as I watch Matt with a shocked expression. I was completely gobsmacked by this revelation that I needed more time to process this than I thought I would need. I knew something like this would happen but for it to be confirmed was more shocking than ever because how would I have known or guessed correctly? Matt worked for Dante all this time so how didn't I notice?

"What?" My voice shook, "Matt, what are you talking about?"

Matt scooted closer to me after I moved away from him because I didn't think I want to be close to him after finding out how he had lied to me. This was in fact a huge lie and for it to come fork Matt was beyond everything. I thought I could trust him, I thought he was meant to be a therapist and be honest with me. All these years, I thought I was letting out all my emotions on a person that knew nothing about my past but I was completely wrong.

"I'm sorry that it came to this Adriana, I should've told you before but I knew you'd practically cut me off when that's not healthy."

I was lost for words. I had not idea what to say to him because I really did not expect this at all. My body was trembling because the one person I thought that would always be honest with me turned out to be the biggest liar I have met in my life. I was gutted because I realised that whatever I told Matt, he knew everything from before hand.

"I..I don't understand... you've known Dante all this time while I was telling you about him?" I felt tears threatening to spill out because if Matt answered this with a 'yes', I would feel like I have been betrayed for a life time.

"Yes."

I couldn't help but break down after he answered; how could he betray me like this? I didn't know what to say to him because I certainly did not expect this. Though Matt staying with me from now should be something I preferred or feel relieved about, at this moment I wanted to be far away from him because I didn't want to look at him at all or be near him.

"Adriana, please don't cry. I can explain." Matt said as he held my hand. I immediately pull away from him and shake my head, hiding my face.

"I don't want to hear it Matt. Just leave me alone."

"Adriana no-"

"Matt, just go!"

Matt lingered for a few seconds before he stood up and left, leaving me to still think about the events of today. My mind needed more time to get around this because it was a lot to take and on top of that, I wanted to leave this place.

I had so many questions but I don't think I'd get the answers to them because nothing seems to be clear to me and it never will be.

***

I sit on the white couch as I contemplate what the hell to do next. My teeth grind together as I glare at my foot also thinking about all the crap Matt could be.

Is Matt even his name?

My eyes widen at the realisation as I stop grinding my teeth and look up when I felt a stare. Once I look up, I was faced with a person that I haven't encountered before ever since I was captured here. My hands tremble in my lap as I watch her tender face just watch me; her eyes were soft as they trailed to my whole body from my face. I felt like this was not a staring competition I had with everyone else ever since I've come, this one just felt like she gave me a sympathetic expression and here I was, trembling non-stop.

This girl is very young; her honey blonde hair was combed neatly while her shirt was tucked into her trousers. Her small nose twitched a little while a small smile spread across her lips. In her hands, she held a bag and a bottle of water and she made her way towards me. I just curled up against the couch and trembled even more.

"Hey..I've come to give you a few things." She said with a wide smile and situated herself a few seats away from me. "Don't worry, I'm not here to hurt you. I'm Mia."

I look at her with teary eyes and watch her beautiful tiny face through a blurry vision.

"What's your name?" She asked,

"A-Adriana." I whisper as I gather myself and move away from her as she scoots closer. At this moment in time, I didn't care how my behaviour made these people feel like because as far as I know, every person that I've met ever since I've come here don't give a shít about lying, including Matt. My heart still hurt from the shock that I've experienced because of Matt; I still can't believe Matt would do something like that.

"I bought you some clothes and water.." she said and I watch the contents in her hand like as if they were something I've never seen before. I nod my head and feel my breath shaking as the silence filled the room. I glare at the floor and think about what's going to happen next, the next day or even next week because realistically, I can't stay here. I can't stay here if Dante does not want me here. "I'll leave..you to it..."

"No!" I tremble as I try to reach out for her. When she look looked over her shoulders, I return my hands to myself and frown up at her. "Don't leave me."

As much as I wanted to be left alone, I didn't because I felt as though she was the only source of company I would rather be comfortable with while I was here because everyone else here was intimidating. Mia was such a beautiful girl that I didn't appreciate the time I was given to properly examine her features so now that I've requested her to stay, I was going to take this opportunity to do just that.

Her full lips spread out into a smile as she sat back down. Her soft small hands made their way to mine and wrapped it around before they gave me an assuring squeeze.

"I promise you that you are safe here. No one is going to hurt you." She said,

"M-Mia... why am I here?" I ask,

"Adriana," she frowned, "I wish I could tell you why but I can't because I don't know. I have no idea why my brothers have abducted you. I want to apologise on their behalf. Sorry."

She gave me a sympathetic smile while I returned it with wide eyes.
"Your brothers?"

Since when did Dante have a sister?

She laughed as she scooted closer to me,
"Tony, Fabio and Dante are like my brothers. It's a long story." She smiled,

"Long story?" I look at her eagerly, hoping she would just tell me what happened.

"When I was young, my parents gave me away for adoption because they couldn't afford to keep me. They were poor people that were suffering themselves and I appreciate what they did but if only I knew what what future would hold from them, I would've begged my mom not to give me up. My first foster family took me and at first, I liked it. It was when I was six-years-old when I experienced my first assault. I thought it was normal because the person who did it always told me not to worry and that everything would be okay. By the age of fifteen, I realised that none of it was normal and that I needed to get out."

I watch Mia with my jaws on the floor because of how brave she was to even tell me this kind of story without falling apart. I mean, I can't even talk about Antonio without dry eyes.

"I escaped one night from my adopted family and ever since then, I joined the mafia which is where I met Dante." She smiled at me and I instantly look at her. "Dante found me at a very vulnerable state and so took me. He brought me home and raised me like as if I was his sister ever since then and I can't thank him enough. This is the reason why I am telling you not to worry because you're safe here. These boys will not hurt you at all, in fact they'll look after you."

"You've been here since you were...fifteen?"

"Yes," she nods her head, "I've known these boys for a couple of years now, they are my brothers."

I try to remind myself back of the old days when Dante and I were together and try to remember if I had ever seen Mia or could even recall Dante mentioning Mia but nothing came to mind. If I can't remember anything, this must be very recent. Anyway, I was actually quite gobsmacked because I knew deep down how much of a good person Dante is but after witnessing the cold behaviour he displayed few days ago made me think otherwise. In fact, it made me want to run miles away from him.

"Dante is always there for me and to this day, I still have no clue why." She chuckled, "You've met him haven't you?" She directly stares at me and I nod my head slowly; she didn't know anything about us. "I know you're thinking how horrible he is but trust me, he is not. He has a huge heart and I love him for that." Mia was absolutely correct and I couldn't agree more. My throat felt so heavy as I endeavour to keep all my emotions in so I look down to my lap and begin to see all the tears forming. "Dante loves everyone but he doesn't show it. He has a personality but he doesn't show it all because of one night that changed his life." My heart pounded in my chest as I throw my gaze at her, I felt my tears already fall out of my eyes and see that Mia was staring at the wall with a frown on her lips. "Dante never talks about this but he lost someone so close to him and ever since he did, he has changed. He is more quiet, hard-working and more reserved and to be honest with you, I've never seen anyone work this hard for something and still be unsatisfied."

"W-What happened?" I felt my stomach turn,

"Dante lost the woman of his dreams one day and after that day, he lost himself."

I look away from Mia and clench my fists, feeling my nails just sink into my palms. I close my eyes and inhale and then exhale as I process this. Dante lost himself all because of me.

"But don't worry, once you see him often you'll get used to his cold behaviour because slowly, he will be nice and treat you like one of his own. At least that is what happened to me." She smiled immediately getting rid of the dull atmosphere. I was actually glad that she did because if she continued to speak about Dante's past any longer, I would've bursted into tears because I couldn't take it anymore.

"Mia... could you please stay here with me?" I plead as I wipe my eyes to get rid of the blurriness,

"Of course Adriana I would love to." She smiled, "However, I need to get a few things for you which require me to go back into the estate. Would you like to come with me?"

"No." I say,

"Okay," Mia giggled and honestly, it was the cutest thing ever. "I'll be back in a while."

With that, she stood up and left the small house or whatever I was in, all alone for me to sulk in and think about the possibility of my death while I was here. Though I knew who Dante was from years back, it felt as though this was our first encounter and I hated it. Mia said he changed and I do agree that people do change over time especially in eight years but I didn't expect this much of a change!

I knew from the very beginning what kind of a person Dante was. Although he was a mafia man, he still has a very huge kind heart in him that I got the chance to see however, I was unsure now if he still have that in him because I haven't spoken to him in years.

And now, I don't know if I want to know him anymore....

___________

Edited Nov 2019 - okay guys, I'm gonna address the issue only once. The reason why I have taken the whole book down is because my book was on the line of it being taken down, which meant that if it did go down I wouldn't be able to publish any parts of it ever again. When I write the book first, I did not follow content guildlines so I'm here today editing this whole book. However, that is not the only issue. I wanted to edit the whole book because I did not like the way how I wrote this book in the first place. When I read it, my English was absolutely appalling and the storyline was just so confusing.

So please stop messaging me about why I have taken the book down or telling me how I should've kept it up. Honestly guys, if it was up to me I would've left it up because I couldn't give a damn about comments stating how I should write my own book or the fact that they've reported my book...

This isn't a rant so don't bash me in the comments. I love you guys.

ty.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1M 88.4K 60
When running away from her past, twenty two year old Alina runs straight into the arms of Romeo De Luca, twenty six and an Italian Mafia Don, not jus...
1.5M 49.1K 47
Morelli Mafia Series - BOOK 3 | 18+ Passion. Love. Lust. Erotic. Violence. Crime. Strong female lead. After everything, I'm led here. Squeezing my...
2.2M 82.3K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
93.8K 2.4K 28
"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Remember how you felt in this exact moment...