His Last Choice

By LoveScripter

[BOOK 1] NOTE FROM AUTHOR: "I wrote this book in High school, so if you don't like it and find it poorly wri... More

Before Reading
His Last Choice
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 4

137K 3.7K 205
By LoveScripter

*BEFORE READING* please note that this story is my copyright! Plagiarism in intolerable and is punishable by law.*PLEASE report if you find my work is copyrighted. Your help will be rewarded.

Enjoy reading....

[Peyton]

"Mom, how'd you get all the food to disappear?" I asked shocked. All 6 trays of my pastries I created within four hours all gone, the only thing left was the empty plates. "Mom, I told you, you could have half to distribute to the pack, not all of them!" I ground. Great, now what was I going to present to my cooking teacher! My first big assignment and it was eaten by a bunch of dogs-literally!

"I'm sorry dear but it slipped my mind" She said innocently. "Your cakes were SO good, we gobbled it all up!" She wiped the dining table clean, removing the mess that was just there before I had arrived. I peeked into the kitchen and saw the new stack of dirty plates.

Guess who's going to clean that later? ME obviously.

"Where is everyone?" I ask.

"Getting to know our guests" Mom answered, walking around the kitchen. She grabbed a couple plates and placed it in the dishwasher.

"I'll do it." Because no one else was going to do it and I didn't want my mom to do more work than she already has.

"It's alright Peyton. Go on and 'hangout' with everyone. I think most of them are in the living room playing games on the plasma screen. I have nothing else to do tonight So I'll take the chores tonight."

"But mom, I don't like playing with video games."

Mom rolled her eyes. "Peyton sometimes I worry for you. Be a teenager for once, you only have two years before it's over." She sighed.

I don't want to be a teenager, I want to grow up! Never once in my life had I been treated the mature and dignified daughter like Alex or the spoiled baby like Ash. It sucked being the middle child, because My parents never concerned over me like the rest. I am dependable and never the trouble maker.

I was the silent one. Not that I wanted attention or anything-it's just, I didn't feel significant enough. And that's usually what a mate is for: to point out all the unique and good things about you when you really need it. I picture him, telling me how important I was to him. He wouldn't compare me to my sisters or poke at my faults.

For a split second my brain focused on an image of Soren smiling at me with a wolfy grin. I shook my head, what was I thinking!

"Are you ok Hun?" mom frowned in concern.

"Uh...nothing," I lied.

Mom snorted. What the heck...

"You can't fool me young lady, I see what you're trying to do?" She grinned.

"Care to explain, because I have no idea what you're talking about mom"

"You're pretending to be sleepy, then sneak up to your room and hide yourself up their again until your night rounds" She exclaimed, looking as if she solved the greatest mystery in the world and bloated in accomplishment.

I wanted to sigh in frustration but she might misinterpret that too.

"You read me like a book!" I didn't want to rain on her parade so I pretended she was right. "Alright...fine. I'll hang with them, but I won't stay for long" I groaned.

"Glad to hear!" She smiled, clapping her hands together in glee.

If it makes you stop worrying..."Yeah"

"That's great sweetie! Don't you think those guys look absolutely scrumptious?" She whispered.

"MOM!" I yelled. "Don't even go there!" Gross.

"Oh stop, I was thinking of how nice it would have been if I had a son. I wish I had a handsome son. He would look just like your father." She pouted. "I guess I'll just have to do without. At least I have son-in-laws! Then eventually grandsons!."

"You know!" She knew about Matt proposing to Alex!

"Know what"

"What I know, I'm assuming"

"Yup"

"How'd you know Matt was proposing?" I said excitedly.

"OH MY GOSH, HE IS! WHEN...?" Mom's eyes bulged in excitement; she was bouncing on her feet.

Opps, she fooled me!

"That wasn't cool mom" I frowned. She didn't care less; she was bouncing like a girl in her fifth birthday.

"I was talking about Derrick being like a son to me but Matt! Oh, that boy is so sweet! Alex is getting married-my big little girl getting married!" Tears began falling down her face. Her legs quivered and the next thing I knew she falls to a weeping heap on the floor.

"Mom, shhh...!" I whispered. "A girl from Redwood pack told me and Alex has no clue about it. No one's supposed to know about it actually, except for the Redwood Pack. Their Alpha announced his recognition. Please, stop crying! People will here you and ask what's going on. It will ruin the surprise!"

She immediately silenced, minus a few muffled whimpers.

She nodded. "My lips are sealed. I can't wait to tell your father!" She squealed. Hopefully Matt will propose soon, cause knowing my mom she will have a hard time staying quiet for long.

"I'll be 'hanging out' now" I quoted in the air.

"Have fun dear and play nice" She blew me a kiss.

To my relief, everyone was too distracted with the game that no one noticed I entered the room. The lights were off and the only light was coming from the flashing screen. Everyone was either settled on the couch or on the floor cheering and laughing. I thought it was all a waste of time. Didn't we have school the next morning?

"Get the upgrade! Get the upgrade" A voice rang. It came from Phil, one of a few male wolves in my pack. He was my dad's cousin's son; he's a year older than Ash, 16 and he's at the age were a small stubble of hair on his chin makes him feel like a man.

"I'm kinda occupied at the moment" One of our guests's said. I forgot his name, I only remembered two and that was Luca and Soren. The guy was holding the game control and from what it looks like on the screen, he was shooting at aliens from all directions.

"Dude you suck" A husky voice said chuckling. I realized right away where it came from and my stomach fluttered. I'm not around guys very often and I get kind of nervous around them.

I saw Sam, sitting right beside him a pillow wrapped between her legs. She sat too close in my opinion, but at least she didn't curl her arms around him like she did with Ryan. That was a good sign, I noted.

"You know, I got the high score in this game" Sam said matter-of-factly.

"Nuh-uh! You couldn't have done it without me!" Tay argued, pulling her pillow over her head ready to hit Sam in the head if she denied.

"Chil-ax Tay, you don't want to give a bad first impression on our guests" Sam said wiggling her brows. "No one like's a whiner" Tay sat back down silently frowning. Without the lights to prove it, I could tell she was extremely embarrassed.

"Peyton!"

Ash, on the floor looking up at the screen TV, hoped up and jumped over the couch avoiding the people in her way. I had no time to step back and she full on body slammed me backward. I painfully landed on my butt with a girly scream.

Shit, now all attention was on me.

The sound of the game was still exploding throughout the room. Everyone talking silenced and my intuition told me everyone was staring at my despicable situation.

"Opps, sorry sis, I couldn't resist. The game was making me hyper" Ash said, her mouth muffled between my boobs.

"Can you please get off" I ought not to sound aggravated.

Sam's annoying laughter killed the silence. "Where's a camera when you need it? This is a perfect Kodak moment!" I heard her steps coming closer with another pair following behind her.

I placed my arm over my eyes, wishing that I were invisible. This was why I hated hanging out with people; I always get myself in awkward situations.

"Are you okay" An alluring voice asked. I removed my arm from my eyes and was welcomed to a beautiful set of yellow ones. It was him--Soren.

His extended his hand to me to offer his help.

Ash got off of me and took hold of my other arm trying to pull me up leaving Soren's hand abandoned. Realizing his help was not needed he dropped his hand back to his side.

"God your heavy" Ash said furthering my embarrassment.

"Here"

Before I knew it, Soren reached underneath my arms and pulled me up. I was shocked to say the least and stayed motionless as he decided to pull me by my waist to my feet. His touch had me turning red all over.

"She's actually as light as a feather" he chuckled.

"I think she weighs a ton" Ash said jokingly and I glared at her.

Soren's hand was still firmly settled on my waist now and I was still frozen like a statue waiting for him to let go. "Umm, thanks...can you remove your hand please?" I said barely a whisper.

Oh my god, he's touching me!

"It's not like he has coodies" Tay said from behind the sofa.

"You're such a child," Sam rolled her eyes at Tay.

"And you're not?" Ash said under her breath.

"What did you say" Sam glared.

"Can we please get back to the game, I can't concentrate with you people talking" Phil whined.

"Shut up, you're not even playing" Jackie nudged him in the shoulder. She was curled in her snuggie staring the open book in her hand.

Finally Soren let me go and my lungs began functioning.

"Dude, you've reached the highscore!" It looked to be Luca who cheered. He was on the single sofa right near the TV. A bright smile on his face watching as his friend sweated in concentration with the useless game. He wasn't even paying attention to anything but the video game.

"I'm going to go now" I said. No one heard, they were back to their activities and I was glad to be able to leave without any comments from my sisters or anyone else.

"Where are you going?" I turned my head and saw a blue bulky wall. I looked up and saw it was him, not a wall.

"Back to the kitchen, I need to help my mom out and make a couple cakes before I sleep because some people ate my homework." I said looking down avoiding his magnetic yellow eyes. Though it was hard to keep control of my voice as my gaze trailed to the sculpt of his muscled chest. I wonder if it felt like stone.

"Oh. I didn't realize those...You're cakes were delicious, thank you for them" He said. "I'm sorry, I didn't know--

"It's not your fault. it's okay and I'm glad you liked them." I blushed. My head felt like it was going to blow. My legs told me I needed to run; his presence terrifying me. I felt feelings I was foreign to and my body told me to run the heck to the safety of my room.

"Some of the cakes were for my assignment for home Economics class tomorrow" I said.

"Oh man, I'm sorry" He said again, running his hands through his hair.

"Hey" I was about to tell him it wasn't a big deal. Without thinking I looked him directly in the eyes.

"Hey. Can we reintroduce ourselves. I feel like we didn't properly get to do it earlier with so many people in the room." Like I had seen before, the boy was utterly breathtakingly handsome. It was hard to speak a word without stuttering. He offered me his hand and said, "my name is Soren."

I took his hand and it engulfed mine. His hand was larger than mine and it held me so tight and warm. All I could think about was that we were making physical contact and my heart was giving off strong alarms.

Heart be still!

"My name is Peyton."
He smiled. "Peyton...I'd like to get to know you more, might as well, since we're living together for a while." He smiled. His teeth so perfect, straight and bleach white. He looked like he belonged in a gum commercial.

"Sure...if I have time to hang out" I barely say.

A boy had never asked to get to know be before! My heart was pounding like a jackhammer; I think I was going to vomit from anxiety. Keeping my face blank and emotionless I looked at him like I had no interest.

Was this flirting? I wish boys came with instructions, this was nerve-wracking! How do Sam or any of my sisters deal with men. They are so confusing!

"You don't have to make time for me, I know you'll have time-for me" He said cockily. Immediately i thought about all the arrogant guys I've encountered throughout the years and they sounded so much like how he did now.

Was Soren just like them?

He probably was. And I'd be really disappointed. Actually I already am. He was more than a pretty face; he was just another arrogant male wolf that-like the rest, wanted to find out how to concur a girl's heart like some video game. He was probably like all the other male wolves who thought it would be fun dating an ISTAS pack female. And what bigger prize would it be if he dated a daughter of the Alpha!

The jerk!

I frowned at him.

His smile fell. "What's wrong."

"Nothing. I got to go." I said rather bitterly.

Turning around I walked away without saying goodbye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3M 156K 40
Lucas Walters has a beautiful girlfriend that he loves and cherishes who he is sure is his mate. So what happens when she isn't his mate? And what ha...
3.1M 132K 35
Ronan Morrissey is Alpha of his loup-garou pack and as Alpha the laws of Feral demand he take a mate, but a chance encounter with the beautiful and h...
11.4K 205 6
Ushijima Takeo, Karasuno's Volleyball Assistant Coach had taken too many attention from Karasuno, Nekoma, Aoba Johsai, Fukurodani and Shiratorizawa...
568K 17.7K 33
Juliet Veil daughter of Brandon and Beverly. She is a werewolf and part demon. A new pack moves in and the son, Ethan snow is her mate, upon having t...