Remembering the Forgotten [2]...

Turtlii द्वारा

After the event at Canary Wharf as well as losing Rose, the Doctor has finally figured out who the mysterious... अधिक

Remembering the Forgotten
Prologue
The Runaway Bride
The Runaway Bride - Two
The Runaway Bride - Three
Smith, Stone and Jones
Smith, Stone and Jones - Two
Smith, Stone and Jones - Three
The Shakespeare Code
The Shakespeare Code - Two
The Shakespeare Code - Three
Gridlocked
Gridlocked - Two
Daleks in Manhatten
Daleks in Manhattan - Two
Evolution of the Daleks
Evolution of the Daleks - Two
The Lazarus Experiment
The Lazarus Experiment - Two
The Lazarus Experiment - Three
42
42 - Two
Human Nature
Human Nature - Two
The Family of Blood
Family of Blood - Two
Blink
Utopia
Utopia - Two
The Sound of Drums
The Sound of Drums - Two
Last of the Time Lords
Last of the Time Lords - Two
Time Crash

Blink - Two

3K 139 34
Turtlii द्वारा

Just like the first chapter of 'Blink' it is quite different from the original episode, obviously it would be pretty boring if I just followed the episode directly so I decided to write up what the Time Lords along with Martha did during their time in 1969. I think this episode as a whole is actually a big plot point in the journey of the Time Lords; that might just be me though, who knows ;)

-----

Rita and Martha sighed after another long day of working. It had now been a total of seven weeks since they first arrived in 1969, the Doctor was still trying to finish his 'timey-wimey.' detector. "I'm starving" Martha muttered opening the door before gasping at the mess in the flat.

"Okay, what has he done now." Rita groaned knowing this was only the possible doing of one person, only one man could make a mess like this, the Doctor. They walked inside and gagged at the smell holding a hand to their mouths and noses while looking around seeing what looked like blood stains and feathers scattered on the floor. Rita removed her hand and sniffed the air her face turning to disgust. "It's chicken blood."

"Chicken blood?" Martha muffled through her hand. Rita hummed and stepped further into the room before the Doctor walked into the room from the kitchen ruffling a towel through his hair with a different suit to the one the girls saw him wearing this morning.

"What did you do?" Rita asked causing the Doctor to jump, dropping the mop he had picked up after dropping his towel "I will clean it up." he protested holding his hands up letting the towel fall to the floor.

"Doctor what did you do?" She repeated again crossing her arms.

"I learned that the timey-wimey detector can also boil eggs, and cause hens to explode." He sighed looking down.

"Why were there chickens in the flat?" Martha asked then shook her head. "Actually don't answer that." She walked into the kitchen to collect supplies to clean up.

"Why were there chickens in the flat?" Rita asked crossing her arms again. The Doctor scratched the back of his head.

"I was going to make us dinner." He mumbled looking down.

"But it's my turn to cook?" She raised a brow.

"No." He chuckled stepping closer to her and taking her hands. "I was going to make us dinner." Her eyes widened realising what he meant, her cheeks flushed pink as she chuckled.

"Oh, Doctor you didn't have to do that." She reached for his cheek cupping it with her hand before stroking the soft skin with her thumb.

"But I wanted to." He protested smiling.

"Your such a sweetheart." She murmured softly kissing him for a moment. "You really didn't have to cook alone Doctor, I could have helped."

"I wanted to show you that I could without the TARDIS assisting me in it." He chuckled.

"You remember the comment I made?" She raised a brow giggling. "Oh, Doctor." She fondly shook her head. "Now, is it bad to say that I don't want to see a chicken for a month." She laughed removing her hand from his cheek allowing it to rest beside her.

The Doctor nodded in agreement. "I don't want to see one in two months."

"Now," She gave him a pointed look knowing that if she didn't say anything now he would mostly run off and hide somewhere. "I hope you don't expect me and Martha to clear your mess away for you." She raised her brows at him making it explicitly clear that it was indeed his mess and not hers or Marthas. "Come on you made this mess you can help tidy it up." She walked into the kitchen where Martha was moping the floor, she then picked up a pair of gloves and a cloth before tossing them to the Doctor. He rolled his eyes and began to help them clean the flat.

After they finished cleaning the flat the three sighed sitting on the sofa and decided to choose a movie to watch on their small TV however, 30 minutes into the film the Doctor jumped up hearing a ding causing the Time Lady to jump at the sudden movement and fall to the floor with a groan as she glared up at the Doctor who sheepishly looked at her before helping her up and rushing into the kitchen. Martha frowned pausing the film then joined them. "What is it?" She frowned watching the Doctor pick up his 'timey wimey detector'

"Someone has travelled to 1969, I'm guessing by Weeping Angel." He answered.

"How do you know that?" She asked watching him throw on his coat and then help the brunette with her jacket even though she protested against it before grumbling when he won and managed to get it on her.

"We just do." Rita shrugged following the Doctor out of the flat. Martha followed and they both looked at the timey wimey detector and followed its signal until they noticed a man sitting against a wall looking confused and distressed.

"Welcome." The Doctor walked holding the timey wimey detector out.

"Where am I?" Billy asked touching his head in pain.

"1969. Not bad, as it goes. You've got the moon landing to look forward to." The Doctor shrugged.

"Oh, the moon landing's brilliant." Martha beamed. "We went four times, back when we had transport." She glared at the Time Lords.

"Working on it!" The Time Lords both exclaimed then moved under the railing.

"How did I get here?"

"The same way we did. The touch of an angel." The Doctor informed him sitting beside Billy leaning against the wall with Rita beside him. "Same one, probably, since you ended up in the same year." Billy went to stand up however the Doctor shook his head pushing him back down. "No, no. No, no, no, don't get up. Time travel without a capsule. Nasty. Catch your breath. Don't go swimming for half an hour."

"I wonder how you know that," Rita muttered rolling her eyes.

"Not now." He glared at her playfully.

"I don't." He looked at them confused. "I can't."

"Fascinating race, the Weeping Angels." The Doctor continued not noticing the confused and slightly panicked look in the man's eyes. "The only psychopaths in the universe to kill you nicely. No mess, no fuss, they just zap you into the past and let you live to death. The rest of your life used up and blown away in the blink of an eye."

"Yes lovely, wish the bloody pepperpots did it like that." She shivered. The Doctor shook his head at her before continuing on with his explanation.

"You die in the past, and in the present, they consume the energy of all the days you might have had." He shrugged.

"They're creatures of the abstract. They live off potential energy."

"What in God's name are you talking about?" Billy looked at them very confused.

"Trust me. Just nod when they stop for breath."

"I'm not that bad!" Rita protested her voice rising in pitch. The Doctor and Martha looked over at her raising a brow. "Okay fine but I'm not as bad as you are Doctor!"

"You love it really." He smirked at her. The brunette hit his arm lightly, the Doctor then turned back to Billy. "Tracked you down with this." He held up the device. "This is my timey-wimey detector." Rita glared at him and coughed. "Our timey-wimey detector." He corrected himself. "It goes ding when there's stuff. Also, it can boil an egg at thirty paces, whether you want it to or not, actually, so I've learned to stay away from hens. It's not pretty when they blow."

"The flat wasn't pretty either, I'm still finding feathers in the sofa." Rita cheekily grinned

"I don't understand. Where am I?" Billy interrupted looking between them.

"1969, like he said," Martha spoke up

"Normally, we'd offer you a lift home, but somebody nicked our motor. So I need you to take a message to Sally Sparrow." His voice then grew softer. "And I'm sorry, Billy. I am very, very sorry. It's going to take you a while."

A few more weeks after Billy's arrival the Time Lords decided they best make the DVD recording for Sally, they wanted to get out of 1969 and back in the TARDIS freely able to travel anywhere and everywhere again, Martha was also growing slightly cranky having to grin and bare the Doctor blowing up objects around the flat. Rita wasn't so bad due to knowing the Doctors habits for centuries however even she was getting slightly annoyed about it and repeatedly had to remind him to not try and 'improve' anything when she wasn't there to stop him from destroying the place.

Rita sighed and hit the Doctors hands away from his tie as he started to mess with it. "I just fixed that stop acting like a child Doctor."

"I'm older than you!" He glared at her as she fixed his tie.

"Then prove it." She glared back moving and checking the autocue was ready.

"Martha, do you remember your lines?" The Time Lady asked the woman standing behind the camera.

Martha nodded in reply checking it. "Yeah, do you?"

"Martha we're Time Lords, of course, we remember them. The autocue is just in case."

"She thinks that you will forget your lines." the Doctor hummed.

"I do not." Rita huffed in protest hitting his arm before sitting down. "Can we please start now?" She groaned. "The sooner this gets done the sooner we can get back to the TARDIS."

"Someone not liking carpets now?" The Doctor cheekily asked.

"Not since you decided to make the flat have a new scent of chicken." She remarked. The Doctor pursed his lips and scratched the back of his head.

"Right let's start." He gestured to Martha who pressed record and started the autocue.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"The Doctor and the Stone." Sally looked from Larry her friend to his laptop screen where the Doctor and Rita sat, the Doctor placed on his glasses causing Rita to roll her eyes.

"Who's the Doctor?" Larry frowned.

"He's the Doctor." Sally nodded to him. "And she's the Stone."

"Yup." The Doctor nodded. "That's us."

Sally stepped back a little in fright. "Okay, that was scary."

"No, it sounds like he's replying, but he always says that."

"Yes, I do." The Doctor nodded.

"And that," Larry said taking out the transcript himself.

"And this," Rita added smirking a little.

"They can hear us. Oh, my God, you can really hear us?" Sally stepped closer to the screen intrigued as to how it was possible.

"Of course they can't hear us." Larry scoffed "Look, I've got a transcript." He held up the sheets of paper. "See? Everything they say. Yup, that's me. Yes, I do. Yup, and this." He explained reading it. "Next it's..."

"Are you going to read out the whole thing?" The Doctor asked as Larry read it off of the transcript.

"Sorry." he then chuckled.

"Who are you?" Sally frowned leaning closer to the screen.

"We're time travellers. Or we were." He muttered.

"We're stuck in 1969."

Martha walked over leaning into the shot, snapping while looking at the camera. "We're stuck. All of space and time, they promised me. Now I've got a job in a shop. We've got to support him!"

"Yeah, he's useless at getting a job." Rita patted his arm in sympathy. The Doctor gave her a look. "Oh right." She nodded, the Doctor then looked over to Martha who stood there not understanding.

"Martha." The Doctor nodded to the camera.

She looked at him then the camera before muttering: "Sorry." and moving out of the frame.

"I've seen this bit before," Sally muttered.

"Quite possibly."

"1969, that's where you're talking from?" She asked the Doctor nodded.

"Afraid so."

Sally frowned in protest. "But you're replying to me. You can't know exactly what I'm going to say, forty years before I say it."

"Thirty-eight." Both Time Lords corrected then high fived grinning.

"I'm getting this down," Larry stated hastily scribbling on the page. "I'm writing in your bits."

"How?" Sally asked aloud. "How is this possible? Tell me."

"Not so fast," Larry said writing as fast as humanly possible.

"People don't understand time. It's not what you think it is."

"Then what is it?"

Rita thought for a moment before replying. "Complicated."

"Tell me."

"Very complicated." The Doctor added.

"I'm clever and I'm listening."

"It's not that we don't think you're clever, it's that it's hard to understand," Rita added, the Doctor nodded in agreement.

"Don't patronise me because people have died, and I'm not happy. Tell me." She demanded.

The Doctor looked at Rita raising a brow as she nodded at him. "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly, timey-wimey stuff."

"I wish you would use proper words sweetheart." Rita shook her head.

"Yeah, I've seen this bit before," Sally said. "You said that sentence got away from you." She looked at the Doctor on the screen.

"It got away from me, yeah."

"Next thing you're going to say is, well I can hear you."

"Well, I can hear you."

"This isn't possible." Sally looked over at Larry in disbelief.

"No. It's brilliant!" He then exclaimed continuing to write down the conversation.

"Well, not hear you, exactly, but we know everything you're going to say." Rita corrected.

"Always gives me the shivers, that bit." Larry looked up at Sally.

"How can you know what I'm going to say?" She asked frowning now having a conversation with the thirty-eight-year-old recording.

"Look to your left." The Doctor stated, Sally then slowly looked over to see Larry continuing to scribble down the conversation on the piece of paper under what the Doctor and Rita had said.

"What does he mean by look to your left? I've written tons about that on the forums. I think it's a political statement." He said in thought continuing to write.

"He means you. What are you doing?" Sally asked.

Larry looked up replying. "I'm writing in your bits. That way I've got a complete transcript of the whole conversation. Wait until this hits the net. This will explode the egg forums."

"We've got a copy of the finished transcript. It's on our autocue." The Doctor pointed behind the camera at it showing the transcript.

"How can you have a copy of the finished transcript? It's still being written."

"I told you. We're time travellers. We got it in the future." The Doctor answered.

"Okay, let me get my head round this." Sally stood up pacing around holding her head. "You're reading aloud from a transcript of a conversation you're still having."

"Yeah. Wibbly wobbly, timey-wimey"

"Never mind that." Sally shook her head. "You can do shorthand?"

"So?"

"What matters is, we can communicate." The Doctor interrupted. " We have got big problems now. They have taken the blue box, haven't they? The angels have the phone box."

"The angels have the phone box. That's my favourite, I've got it on a t-shirt." Larry gestured to his shirt.

"What do you mean, angels? You mean those statue things?"

"Creatures from another world."

"But they're just statues."

"Only when you see them." The Doctor explained.

"What does that mean?"

The Doctor thought for a moment. "The Lonely assassins, they used to be called. No one quite knows where they came from, but they're as old as the universe, or very nearly, and they have survived this long because they have the most perfect defence system ever evolved."

"They're quantum-locked. They don't exist when they're being observed. The moment they are seen by any other living creature, they freeze into stone, sadly they don't turn into me." Rita joked. "It's a fact of their biology. In the sight of any living thing, they literally turn to stone. And you can't kill a stone. Of course, a stone can't kill you either. But then you turn your head away, then you blink, and oh yes it can." She spoke seriously into the camera.

"Don't take your eyes off that." Sally looked up glancing at the angel outside.

"That's why they cover their eyes. They're not weeping. They can't risk looking at each other." The Doctor explained. "Their greatest asset is their greatest curse. They can never be seen. The loneliest creatures in the universe. And I'm sorry. I am very, very sorry. It's up to you now."

"What am I supposed to do?" Sally asked worryingly.

"The blue box, it's our time machine. There is a world of time energy in there they could feast on forever, but the damage they could do could switch off the sun. You have got to send it back to us."

"How? How?"

The Doctor sadly sighed looking into the camera. "And that's it, I'm afraid. There's no more from you on the transcript, that's the last we've got. I don't know what stopped you talking, but I can guess. They're coming. The angels are coming for you. But listen, your life could depend on this." He looked into the camera and spoke in the most serious tone possible. "Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck." The picture then froze as Martha ended the recording.

----------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of days after giving Billy the finished DVD's the Doctor, Rita and Martha rushed around collecting the little belongings they wanted to bring with them after the 'timey-wimey' detector dinged signalling the TARDIS was in 1969.

"Finally!" Rita exclaimed running up to the blue box laughing and widely opening her arms hugging the doors. "You have no idea how sick I am off these dresses" she commented then moved out the way for the Doctor. Who then frowned when the door of the TARDIS didn't open when he tried to unlock it. "Someone is angry with you Doctor."

"I know, I know I'm sorry." The Doctor patted the side of the TARDIS.

"What's wrong?" Martha asked.

"The TARDIS wasn't too happy with the weeping angels stealing her. She blames him." Rita looked over to the Doctor who continued to pat the door.

"So we're stuck out here?" Martha asked groaning.

"No." she smiled. "The TARDIS will let me in." She chuckled taking out her own key and placing it in the door turning it then smirking as the Doctor groaned watching the amusing look on the Time Lady's face as she stepping into the console room.

The Doctor sighed walking to the door as they slammed shut in front of him and groaned gently placing his head on the door. "Please." He begged. Rita chuckled hearing his pleade. She then slowly walked over to the door stepped to the side and suddenly opened it causing the Doctor to loose his balance and almost fall face first on the ramp.

"Careful Doctor." Rita joked. "You might damage your head as well as your ego. We wouldn't want that now do we?" He groaned again rolling his eyes ignoring her cheeky remark walking over to the console which hummed in amusement seeing that he was sulking. "Almost 903 years old and you still sulk like a child." Rita shook her head at him.

"Because she won't listen to me." He groaned again.

"While you two sort this out with... her." Martha looked at the rotor. "I'm going to take a shower and then head to bed."

"Goodnight Martha." Rita smiled before turning to the Doctor. "Are you done sulking now?"

"I'm not sulking." He snapped glaring at her.

"Now sweetheart." She walked over to him shaking her head and placing a hand on his on the console. "There isn't a need to suddenly snap or hiss at me, she just is a little angry."

"Women." He muttered.

"Doctor that won't help." Rita rubbed a thumb over the back of his hand. "Just say sorry and say it meaningfully.

He sighed looking into her kind hazel eyes before looking at the rotor. "I'm sorry." The TARDIS then hummed in response. Rita smiled and kissed his cheek. "Now that wasn't so hard was it?"

"No, it wasn't." He smiled softly kissing her lips for a moment. "Want to go and read in the library with me?"

"Of course my sweetheart." She took his hand walking towards the library with him.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

8.9K 154 22
(ORIGINAL VERSION) Losing the person you love is hard enough but losing your whole family, that's enough for a person to want blood on their hands. *...
46.5K 1.3K 43
The Doctor and the Stone are back in their Universe with the crack in time gone and their companions married the first problem on their list is over...
27.4K 927 24
He'll say, "We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" And boy did we. . . This is the story of how a creative and fiery red-headed...
2.8K 142 34
Its been over two decades since the doctor dropped sarah jane back onto earth...