A Very Unlikely Tale // Loki

By Written_at_Wrandom

Loki, after helping Thor fight against the Dark Elves, is thrown back into his cell. However, peace on Asga... More

Intro: you're gonna get confused if you skip
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue.
Outro: announcements and future plans
Hello Again

Chapter 15

5.6K 323 39
By Written_at_Wrandom

It's been three days. Three days since my arrival on Asgard.  Loki still hasn't woken up but Eir says he should open his eyes soon.  Odin requested my help in one of the gardens surrounding the grand palace.  This is the only reason I'm not at Loki's side.  There at about five separate gardens, each more beautiful than the other,  filled with what is assume are flowers from other realms. 

However,  I am not standing in a beautiful garden.  Instead,  Odin has led me through one of the gardens, through hidden archway, and into a smaller garden.  There are a few stone benches, covered with climbing vines, and a little swing hanging from the branch of a large tree.  A little pool rests in a corner of the small paradise.

It looks like the perfect place to sit and read,  or simply enjoy some silence.

Only,  every plant, every blade of grass, every leaf of every tree or bush, every flower,  is dead. 

Tears automatically spring to my eyes, this place is overwhelmingly sad.

"This," Odin begins slowly, "was Frigga's special garden.  She and Loki alone would spend time here.  This place meant so much to her.  She tended the flowers with such care." He reaches a hand out to caress a dried up flower, which I can only imagine was beyond beautiful in life.

"After she died it was like the garden died with her." he looks at me sadly, "We had our finest gardeners here tending to the plants but nothing would help.  We even let Loki in here momentarily to see if there was anything he could do.  Not even he could bring life back to his mother's beloved garden."

"That is...awful," I take a deep breath, "but why are you showing me?"

"I think, perhaps, you may be able to help." He says gently.  I begin to protest and he holds a hand up to stop me, "I only ask that you try.  It would mean so much to us.  To all of us."

I soften, "I'll do my best."

He nods once and turns to walk away, giving me privacy. 

I once again take in the garden.

This is going to be difficult.

I take off the beautiful slippers Ida had chosen for me this morning and place them gingerly on one of the stone benches.  I move the fabric of my dress behind me so I can walk without fear of tripping.

I take a step forward onto the dried grass and close my eyes.  Immediately,  overwhelming sadness and grief flood my heart and I know that is garden is unlike any I had ever known.  Enchanted.  This place,  once beautiful and peaceful,  was now cold and barren for it had lost the person who gave it life.

The tears once again fall freely down my face.

I've been crying way to much since I've been here.

I open my eyes and walk to the large tree in the center of the garden.

I place my hand against its bark, "I'm so sorry." I whisper. 

I lean my head against its trunk and think of my mother,  willing the garden to see that I understand what it's like to loose the woman who raised you. 

I vaguely feel a shudder deep within the tree.

I remember every tenant, everyone whose ever known my secret and accepted me for it. 

I feel great roots begin to stretch and grow,  encouraging the other plants to wake up.  I smile, knowing the branches above me are mimicking their roots.

I think of John,  who was always there for me,  even when I couldn't be there for him.

The grass around my feet seems to begin to flutter gently.

"You've lost your love." I tell the magic within the garden, "Let me share mine with you."

I close my eyes and finally utilize my gifts,  helping the tree grow its leaves, but there's still something missing.

I think of Loki. 

Loki.

Loki.

I step back as I feel the tree begin to grow once more,  it's ash gray wood turning to a rich brown.  I help it along,  giving it energy.

I am suddenly filled with joy, and I begin to prance about the garden,  noting somewhere in the back of my mind exactly how idiotic I must look.

I don't care.

I brush my hands along the bushes and flowers and shrubs and vines,  encouraging them to wake up.  I do my best to open my soul to whatever magic Frigga let inhabit this place.

Eventually, I still. 

I look about the garden, a smile on my face.  The creeping vines are covered in flowers of varying shades of red.  The tree has golden yellow leaves that glitter in the sun.  The grass is now a bright green.  There are flowers.  The likes of which I've never seen before. 

I pull as much water from the air as I think is safe,  and begin filling the little pond,  which automatically begins to run out into a little stream which I hadn't noticed before.  The stream eventually circles around and dumps back into the pond.

"Lady Flora."

I turn and see Thor,  whose staring at the place in awe. 

"Thor."  I smile.

"I've only ever seen this place in ruin.  I can see why mother and Loki always spent time here."

"It's very beautiful."

"How?" He asks.

"I just thought of the people I love, and let the garden see that I would love it too." I glance at the man, " The garden pretty much did the rest."

He nods and once again looks around the now magnificent garden, "Loki is awake."

I freeze and he smiles.

"He is asking for you."

I immediately push past the god, who chuckles and follows me.

I enter the healing chambers and slow down, spying Odin and Loki staring at eachother.

Odin's mouth is moving hastily and he is gesturing slightly at nothing in particular.

Loki's mouth is open slightly, his brow furrowed in confusion.

I stay where I am, deciding not to interrupt.

Thor however, moves to Odin's side and places a hand on his shoulder, saying something softly to him, earning a nod in response.

Odin says one more thing to his adopted son, who only blinks as a result, and turns away, laying a hand on my arm as he passes me.

Loki's eyes land on me then, and I step forward until I'm at his bedside.

"Loki I-"

"I didn't know if-"

We begin at the same time, and I laugh slightly, "You first."

"I didn't know if I would ever see you again."

I look down and smile, "Well, here I am."

"Indeed." He says quietly.

I look at him, "Loki, talk to me."

He sighs, "Odin apologized. He actually apologized. He admitted he made a mistake."

I nod, unsurprised, "That's a bad thing?"

"No," he shakes his head, "Its what I've always wanted to hear from him. I just never expected to. It's very confusing."

"Well, he did make a mistake. Thanos sent a message not long after you were sent to Earth." I say, and he looks at me questioningly, "Odin and I had a little chat."

He raises an eyebrow, "You talked to Odin?"

I nod.

"And he actually listened."

I laugh, "Apparently."

He shakes his head in disbelief, "Well that's..." he trails off.

"I know right?" I say in response.

"How do you feel?" I inquire.

"Fine really, my neck is sore, but other than that I feel alright."

I nod thoughtfully and wave Eir over, "Is it alright if I take Loki outside for a bit?"

She looks at him, "He's free to go, yes. Nothing strenuous for a while though."

"Of course."

She turns and begins tending another patient. I help Loki out of his bed. And smile at him.

"I'll take you to your room. Get changed, and then I have a surprise for you."

He murmurs something along the lines of, "Yes m'lady." and looks down, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Flora?" He asks oddly.

"Hmmm?"

"Why aren't you wearing any shoes?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 205 40
One year passes since the destruction of the Bifrost and the conflict between Thor and Knight. Most of Asgard believed Thor had died and Knight went...
40.2K 886 11
Life as the Princess of Asgard can be quite challenging, especially when you are expected to behave ladylike.But Tyara has never been the one for suc...
356K 10.4K 55
"Nice to see you again, darling.", he smirked at her, tracing his index finger along her jawline. "Shut up, Laufeyson.", the young lady snapped back...
120 9 9
*:-☆-:*:-☆-:*:-☆-:*:-☆-:*:-☆-:*:-☆-:**:-☆-:*:-☆-:*:-☆-:*:-☆-:*:-☆-:*:-☆-:* Y/n is a girl who mysteriously fell out of the sky. No one knows how, hel...