Vampire's Pet

By cannoness

The world had gone to hell long ago, taken over by the vampire race. In order to keep some sort of peace in o... More

Copyright Shenanigans
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
~Book 2~
Physical Copies👀
Suprise Epilogue

Chapter 7

757K 29.5K 8.9K
By cannoness

Everyone sat in the same place as they did for dinner.

The room was filled with a variety of sweet scents coming from the variety of breakfast foods from the vampires plates.

The pets were treated with only a half of a grapefruit and a small slice of toast. Even so, I was grateful for it.

Master thankfully looked well rested, and even though I didn't sleep after that little incident, I felt well rested as well.

That small amount of sleep that I got was probably more than my usual amount of sleep at the Pet Shop.

Even the pain on my back had eased.

All in all, I was pretty relieved with how things had turned out so far today.

"So, I've been thinking about getting Doe branded," Xander spoke.

A choked a bit on the last bit of my toast as Doe somehow tensed up even more in his lap.

She already seemed to be pretty shaken before, but that sealed the deal.

"Why?" Master asked like it was the dumbest thing he's heard.

Xander shrugged.

"Why not? The branding company is coming into town soon, so I figured that I could take the opportunity."

My stomach turned a bit.

"That's actually the stupidest idea I've ever heard," Master spoke as he took another bite of his creme-filled crepes.

I let out a soft sigh of relief at his words.

"What would you even get branded on her?"

Xander laughed softly to himself as Doe silently grew more fearful.

"I was thinking of getting my name going right down her back."

I cringed as I imagined what that would feel like.

"Why don't you just tattoo that on her?" Master asked.

"Tattoos are boring and less entertaining to watch," He sipped at his drink that oddly wasn't blood, "Did you know that they actually have to tie the pets down before they brand them? Its fun as hell to watch."

Doe was shaking in absolute fear as she hid her terrified face behind her short, brown hair.

Master seemed to think that the whole thing was stupid, so I relaxed a little.

Even as selfish as that may seem, I'm glad that I wasn't her.

"I guess. Have fun with that." Master sighed.

"You should do it with me." Xander invited.

"I'd rather not."

Xander's shoulders slumped.

"Why?"

"Brands are ugly, and I really don't want my pet to be immobile for a week," Master said as he sipped his glass.

Xander pouted his lips out like a child as his eyes narrowed.

"Well, who else am I gonna get to go with me?" He proclaimed.

Master sighed.

"If you're so persistent ongoing, then I'm sure Layla would be more than happy to go," He presented, "She'd probably want to get some floral shit branded onto her pet's back."

Xander rose a brow.

"You know her pet is dead right?"

Master paused mid-sip, slowly setting his glass back on the table.

"How?" He asked.

Xander leaned back in his seat, linking an arm around Doe so that she was forced to lean back with him.

"Layla sucked her dry a couple nights ago. She told me that she was bored with how her pet acted."

Well, there goes my appetite once again.

Masters' finger tapped against the table a few times before he spoke.

"Ok, so it wasn't my fault," he concluded.

I turned my head towards Master questionably.

They didn't even care that her pet was killed. They just acted as if she was just some stupid pet fish.

Xander shook his head.

"Nah, she probably would have been on your case if it was."

Master scoffed.

"If she was bored of her pet then I don't see why it matters. I should be on her case for wasting my medical supplies on a pet she didn't even want."

Xander laughed a little at that even though Master's voice was completely serious.

Master took the last bite of his crepes.

"She probably knows better than to mess with you anyways," Xander added.

My eyes widened a tad at this.

Master finished off the blood in his glass with a satisfied exhale.

"Probably," He pushed his chair back a bit and stood up, causing me to stand straighter, "Even so, she'd probably still go with you. She'd probably like to watch."

I couldn't help but feel bad for Doe. She just had to sit and listen to all of this.

"Ill ask. Where are you going so soon?"

Master glanced down at him as he fiddled with the fabric of my leash with his thumb.

"I have to review some documents again before tonight," he responded.

"Oh yea, don't you have that meeting with the Lord?"

I nearly missed the quick glare that Master sent to him.

"Yea." is all he said before he walked away.

I followed silently behind him keeping my usual distance.

I've been trying to link together their conversation to find out more about my Master, but not a lot has really been clarified.

I'm just glad that he didn't want to brand me.

"You didn't eat a lot." He said to me as soon as we were out of the dining hall, causing me to flinch.

His voice wasn't necessarily mad, but it wasn't pleased either.

I didn't even get to touch the grapefruit before I lost my appetite.

I hurriedly tried to come up with something to say.

"I-um," I stuttered as I tried to answer him.

Master sighed, making me even more nervous.

"I'm not mad, Khloe," His voice still held that odd tone, "You'll just heal faster if you eat what's given to you."

I shifted my gaze to the floor as we continued walking.

I'm not sure if I even want to heal faster, in fear of what he'll do to me once I do.

"I see, my apologies, Master."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 48.3K 54
❝He has a heart of stone. I have a heart of glass. I just have to pray mine won't shatter...❞ ******** The werewolf world is brutal. From the moment...
19.2M 912K 96
ATTENTION: This is the SECOND book of my Vampire's Pet series and cannot be read as a stand alone book. ~~~ I thought that my life had ended the day...
670 4 46
They say magic breeds consequence but doesn't everything in life, take love for example after everything you did for love was it worth it? I thought...
1.1K 69 63
BOOK ONE: Having enough courage to run through the woods and away from the people who convinced me they were saving me was not how I believed I'd spe...