Awakened (manxman)**Hallowee...

By ladydianna01

Betrayed, beaten, and left for dead, Seth Forsyth truly believed he was going to die like an abandoned animal... More

Awakened Blurb
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20...Part 1
Chapter 20... Part 2
Chapter 21

Chapter 12

51.9K 2.7K 373
By ladydianna01

Chapter 12

(Sebastian's as a cat...lol)

Seth

Every sound but the one I wanted to hear just moved me closer to the edge than I already was. It's been hours since I left Etienne standing in the hallway staring at me as if I had two heads on my shoulders. I'd thrown down the gauntlet so to speak and he has of yet to pick it up. I had a right to be upset, although he'd saved my life. He was the one who has brought me into a world I had no idea it even existed. A place where mythical creatures like vampires and warlocks existed. According to him, I'm his fated mate, the one person made my the fates or whomever to be his other half, his lover, and his mate. Yet he hasn't claimed me other than verbally.

Ever since I laid my eyes on the beautiful vampire, I felt drawn to him in ways I never knew a person could feel about the other. Every touch, every look, and even the scent of him sent my body into a state of total awareness. Even now, with the things I've witnessed, it still seems so unreal. I want nothing more than to cement myself in my new found reality. I want to learn who and what I am.

All my life, all I've ever done is try to fit in, with my parents, whom I now know aren't really my parents, but maybe my magical missing in action grandmother. Then there were my peers. The recent bunch of them tried to kill me for who I am and the fact that I am attracted to men. Which one they held more important, I have no clue.

Now there is Etienne, who saw me at my lowest, but managed to make me feel like I am the most important person in his life. He convinced me that the connection I feel towards him is that of being destined to belong to him, but yet he hesitates to take the step I so desperately want him to take. Like any other lover or mate, I want to be acknowledged as such, not only in private but in public too. I can't take a step outside of this room without being accosted by his coven like I'm some kind of outsider looking to dig up coven secrets. It makes me feel like I don't belong here, and I tried to get Etienne to understand that, but he is too worried about my safety and my ability or lack thereof of handling the mating ritual.

A sigh left my lips as I leaned forward to pull the throw blanket off the end of the bed and threw it over my legs. I truly understood the fact that for Etienne, there were too many unanswered questions about my life, my relation to a very powerful witch, and my spasdoric magic. But being mated to him wouldn't change any of it, we would just continue to unravel the puzzle together. I mean whatever the outcome, we're still destined to be together no matter what from what he has explained to me. So why the delay? That's what I want to know.

While reaching for my water glass, my bedroom door slammed against the wall and my head snapped around in surprise. I almost knocked the glass off the side table, a flurry of blonde curls whirled into the room and the door slammed closed again. My mouth dropped open when I found my lap full of a disgruntled, pouting Remy. He looked so upset, I had no choice but to wrap my slender arms around him and give his stiff body and comforting squeeze.

"What's the matter? Where have you been?" The questions tumbled out of my mouth as the little imp huffed out an annoyed breath, at least some the tension seemed to deflate out of his body and he slumped against the arm of the chair.

"Master got tired of me and my so called mate fighting all the time. He thought it was high time that we got over ourselves and claimed each other. So he locked me in a room with that over inflated, egotistical dick head and let nature take it's course. Now I'm claimed and mated to the idiot and I desperately wish that I could kill him but then I'll slowly follow him in death." Remy wailed and dramtically threw his hands up and covered his distraught face.

"So I take it you don't want to be mated?" I quietly asked. I was curious but at the same time, I didn't want to upset him any more than he already was.

"Not to him." Remy bitterly spat and folded his short arms across his tiny chest, his little plump, pink bottom lip protruded even more.

He looked so adorable, but I didn't dare say it out loud. I was about to open my mouth to offer some sort of platitude, but once again my bedroom door was thrown wide open and Sebastian's muscular form filled the doorway. Yeesh, I mean, it seemed like everyone but the one person I wanted to join me tonight was just barging into my room.

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving our rooms?" The big vampire snapped at Remy.

Remy's frame stiffened up all over again and he sat up straight as a board and glared daggers at his mate. "Just because we are mated doesn't mean you are the boss of me. I come and go as I please. I don't have to report to you or anyone else other than Master Etienne." He huffed from his perch my lap.

Sebastian advanced further into the room, his face mottled red with anger as he barked out his response. "I am your mate and you will show me the proper respect now that you wear my mark and belong to me."

Oh snap. Those were fighting words if I've ever heard them. I know my volatile little imp wasn't going to take too kindly to his mate's attempted domineering ways. I was going to attempt an intervention on the escalating confrontation, but quick as a flash Remy slid from my lap and went flying across the room. Sebastian had no idea what hit him when he slammed into the wall next to the door. Remy was full on out, his fingertips were razor sharp claws, and his fangs has descended. His eyes glowed blood red and he crouched into his fighting stance ready to go to war with his mate.

"How dare you!" He screeched. "To get respect you have to show respect. I'm mated to you so therefore, you should show me that I'm the most cherished, and the most important person in your life. But you treat like I'm some second hand property, only there for your amusement."

Oh Sookie, Sookie now. This was turning into some real live reality drama. I got up just as Sebastian got to his feet to square off with his little hellion. I could clearly see that he was going to say the wrong thing and to stave off any more physical damage, I closed my eyes and did the only thing I could. I pictured the most docile creature I could in my head and waved my hand towards Sebastian. Opening one eye, I peeked through my lashes to see of it worked, and there sitting on the floor lazily waving it's big fluffy tail was a pristine white Persian cat with Sebastian's ice blue eyes.

"Thank you, now maybe I should lock you in a cage for all eternity." Remy huffed as the cat hissed at him. Sebastian went to shoot out the open door, but he tumbled head first right into Etienne's shins.

"Hmm... I see Sebastian once again lost the fight." He said as he picked up the hissing feline and stared his coven member into silence before cradling the now calmed cat in his powerful arms. "What's going on here?" He asked as he leaned against the door frame and looked from Remy to me and back again.

"Um, they were having a few words and it looked like it was getting out of hand so I..." I finished my waving my fingers towards Sebastian indicating what I'd done without having to verbally spell it out.

"I see. Well, can you change him back please?" Etienne politely intoned, but his words brooked no argument.

"Oh no, leave him like that until I get far enough away so that I'm not convinced I'll prefer death and murder him rather than live mated to him." Remy stated before regally exiting my room. His blond curls bouncing indignantly the whole way.

Again closing my eyes and doing what I did before, instead this time, I pictured Sebastian's human form in my head. I waved my hand and opened my eyes.

"You have got to stop doing that." The big vampire snapped at me while he straightened his shirt.

Shrugging one shoulder, I responded. "Just be glad I didn't turn you into the asshole you were being to Remy. Would it kill you to tone down the testosterone a little bit? A little romance will go a long way, you know. He wants to be loved like anyone else and now that you have mated him there is no one else for either of you from what I understand. Not that my own fated has even tried to claim me." I finished with having to throw that little barb in there at the end towards my own unclaimed mate.

"Um... Yeah." Sebastian responded clearly picking up on the tension between Etienne and I. Sebastian's uncertain gaze swung between Etienne and I. "I'll keep that in mind. I just go..." He pointed towards the hall and made quick work of scooting around Etienne's hulking frame and out of sight.

We just stood there at an impasse and staring at one another as the minutes ticked by. I refused to break eye contact, but I eventually looked away and turned to pick up my neglected glass of water. Suddenly my mouth was a dry as the Sahara. Now that Etienne was standing in front of me like I've wished for practically half the night, I had no clue what else I had to say to the man. I sipped the cool water and I had to choke it down past the lump of trepidation in my throat. What if he came here to tell me he doesn't want me? What if he sends me away? Where will I go? I can't go back to school. I'm not even sure if I can go home. Oh god. My breaths started to accelerate and I vision swam in swirls around me. Panic was setting in and I could hear my blood rushing through my ears.

The glass slipped from my sweaty fingers, but before it could hit the plush carpet, Etienne was there to catch it and place it on the side table. He quickly turned and gathered me against his wide chest before he sat down and pulled me into his lap. "Calm down and breathe slowly" He instructed as his used his huge palm to rub soothing circles on my back.

He inhaled and exhaled deeply a few times and I found myself following his breathing pattern. Soon my befuddled brain was receiving the oxygen it needed for coherent thoughts, and all I could do was turn my face into his neck and buried myself underneath his strong chin.

Another few minutes passed as we sat there in silence, me hiding my flushed face, and Etienne trying his best to soothe my frayed nerves by offering comfort that was doing things to my body other than quieting my pulse. My pajama's tented and with every swipe of his hand against my back, my swollen cock twitched as if it wanted to come out and play. I was all for it, but we had to get past this stalemate we were in.

"You were right. Absolutely nothing will change the fact that you are my fated mate, and nothing that may possibly come our way in our future will ever change the way I am beginning to feel for you. I am blessed to have found you. You could have been taken away from me on that horrid night I found you at death's door without me even knowing that you ever existed. It's just that your safety and sanity will always come first for me." He quietly explained his reticence to me and I just tried to burrow even deeper into his warmth.

"Look at me little one." He demanded as he pushed his wide shoulder forward and effectively dislodged me from under his throat.

I took my time sitting back, and I took even longer to raise my gaze up to his intensely burning silver orbs. They glowed as bright and as mesmerizing as the full moon outside my bedroom window.

"If you think you are ready and if you understand that once I take you and make you mine, there is no leaving my side for the remainder of our existence. I will turn you into what I am, a creature of the night. You will still be you but you will need my blood to survive just as I will need yours. There will be no other for either of us. Do you understand this? Do you accept the changes that this will bring not only to your life but your body, your mind, and down to your very soul?" He asked me with all seriousness burning in his silvery eyes.

The lump of anxiety in my throat threatened to make it's presence known again, but I bravely swallowed it into submission and stared right back into my mate's gorgeous gaze and answered him with certainty. "Yes, I understand and yes, I'm ready."

The last thing I recalled was the spine tingling growl that Etienne released and the wind rushing through my hair as he propelled us towards his suite of rooms. Desire and a ton load of excitement raced through my veins. Etienne was finally going to make me his and I was equal parts scared out of my mind and exhilarated at the same time. By this time tomorrow night, I was going to be his claimed mate. Oh gosh. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.8K 1.7K 10
Cooper Morris's boyfriend ran off, his father died, and today he is attending a friend's funeral. His life is in a downward spiral until he finds an...
1.3K 83 45
{BOOK ii OF THE 'Scars I Hide'} Octaveus and Drew's relationship is getting serious. Every time they are together alone at least one of them wans to...
80.5K 5.7K 44
Book One of the Haunted Lover's Duo "People in the real world always say, when something terrible happens, that the sadness and loss and aching pain...
358K 20.3K 27
Sam hasn't seen Cooper Blackwood in five years. Not since the "incident". And now that he's back, Sam wants answers and he doesn't plan to let him ge...