Full Of Fame

By kitkat_TMI

Clary finally graduated high school and has a great start in her acting career. Clary's best friend, AKA a Vi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 34

2.2K 96 12
By kitkat_TMI

Clary P.O.V

"And where the hell have you been." Was the first thing I heard when I closed the pale door that belonged to me and Izzy's house, or as Simon calls it, 'the mansion liar', behind me. Honestly I would have been happy with a four-bedroom house, but no Izzy wanted something that fitted her personality more; Bubbly and sparkly, which I don't get how getting a mansion describes her personality. "It's almost 9:30 at night!"

I didn't have to turn around to see who the voice belonged to. I sighed and replied a simple, "Out." To Jace. I took off my coat and placed it on the long beige couch, before I head to the kitchen, with the others on my tail.

"Can you at least tell us where out was?" Izzy asked me. Out was just me sitting on a bench next to an abandon park for hours. I looked at her and decide to not answer her because if I did I would have to tell them about Valentine. I'm  actually debating if I should tell them. But the real question is, will they believe me?

I head over to the fridge and lazily do a once over. "Do we have leftovers from Taki's." I asked curiously because the conversation with my father made me hungry.

"Are you seriously going to leave us hanging, Clary?" Magnus asked with a grin plastered on his face. I gave him a withering look, for the fact that he finds this amusing.

I closed the fridge and sat down on a bar stool. "Leave you hanging on what, exactly?" I asked them, innocently. I kicked out my feet like a five year old and swayed my body around, since the seat of the bar stool can turn around. I looked around and saw an annoyed Isabelle and Jace, an amused Magnus, and a worried Simon.

I met Simon's gaze. 'Are you alright' he said with his familiar brown eyes. I try to form a genuine smile, but failed miserably. I give up with a defeating sigh. Simon walked beside me and put his arm around my shoulders. I instinctively leaned in to his touch, yearning for some comfort. Only Simon knows when something is bothering me. He could see through every facade that I ever built. The same with me, I can see through him like glass.

"I . . . . don't think that Valentine . . ." I started and buried my head on Simon's chest. He tighten his hold on me, encouraging me to go on. With a deep breath, I finish my sentence. "killed your father Jace." Simon released me and looked at me, slightly shocked.

Disbelief laced Jace's voice, "How can you say that if you accused him just days ago!" He took a step closer to me with an enraged look in his eyes and almost instantly Simon blocked him, separating him from me. Something flashed in Jace's eyes, almost as if he woke up from a trance. He parted his lips and stepped back, in surprise.

I released a breath that I didn't even know I was holding. I grip the stool as I thought about the look that was on Jace's eyes. I knew that look; I am familiar with the look. He would always get it when he was mad or whenever he is ready to pounce at something or someone.

"I'm just saying. . . I didn't find anything in his office." I look at them, never breaking eye contact with Jace. I kept my voice firm and strong, so they know that I'm telling them the truth.

"Clary when you texted me, you didn't. . . . did you?" Simon said gently as he turned around facing me. My eyes glossed over and I slowly nodded. I heard an intake of breath and a groan. I looked down in shame.

"I talked to him for a few hours and found out some things about Helen and—"

"Clary did you ever thought that he could be lying to you! He could've manipulated you into believing him! Clary he is just leading you on to save his own ass!" Jace shouted at me. I shook my head and tears threatened to escape.

My father wouldn't lie to me. Would he? My mind replayed the conversation between my father, Valentine, and me. The sincerity that filled his voice and the regretful tone he used when he talked about my mother. Then my mind went to Helen. The hesitation in her eyes and the waver in her voice as she spoke, afraid of being caught. My father couldn't be pretending, nor Helen.

I clench my hands into fists. "No, I believe my father." I held my head high and clenched my jaw. I was rewarded by stunned silence. I couldn't blame them. I only called him by his first name every time I talked about him. Well before I knew the truth.

"Clary do you actually think—?"

"Look. I don't think, I know so." I cut Jace off in the middle of his rant. "I know you all won't believe me, so that is why I'm going to prove it to you guys." I looked at them with determination in my eyes, but then it flattered once I thought thoroughly at what I just said.

I shake my head and jump off the stool. I ignore everyone ones protests and run upstairs and into my room.

Once I entered my room, I head over to the bay window and close the curtains shut. I turn on my blacklight lamp, a bright blueish streak appeared on the ceiling , and watch in amazement as my room turned bioluminescent. The blacklight lights up the bright colors and turns off the darker colors.

My once orange walls are now splattered with glowing swirls created by me. I grabbed my brushes and my expensive paint that laid under my bed. I popped the top of my invisible paint or as people call it, security paint and dipped the brush onto the can and started decorating my walls with whatever comes to mind.

Once I finished my painting, I lean back to my knees to inspect it. I see five detailed stars falling towards the ground. I put a hand beside the biggest out of  the five and glide it downwards. I drew my family crest.

I look down and gripped the hem of my white blouse, and since my blouse is white, its glowing. I look around my room and giggle at the sight. It looks like a glow in the dark miniature golf. I stop my fit of giggles and look at my family crest, seriously.

I was about to get up and get something out of my drawer, but halt to a stop when I heard a knock on my door. "Come in." I simply said.

"Hey—woah!" Jace exclaimed as he saw my glowing room. I suppress the urge to giggle. I'm still mad at him for not believing in me.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"Look I'm sorry for earlier." He said as he wandered around my room, still memorized by my paintings.

I looked at him with an amused expression on my face. Back in high school he would always try to snatch my drawings away from me to make an unnecessary comment, but I didn't let him near my art work. He already made myself feel bad, but there was no way in hell he will take my art away from me. Drawing was my rock back then along with Simon.

"About what? Not believing me or . . . .?" I asked him. He sighed and jammed his hands in his pockets. He still wouldn't meet my eye, which wasn't hard to tell in the glowing fest. Either he's too distracted by my paintings or he is just trying to get my attention. Wait, He's Jace for goodness sake! Well that won't work I'm just going to keep on sitting on the floor and continue painting.

Not even five minutes later I let out an exasperated sigh. I drop my brush, not even caring that it would stain my carpet, but after all it is invisible ink so It won't be noticeable anyways and head over to the door and turn off my blacklight lamp and turn on the normal lights.

Almost instantly Jace turns around blinking, so his eyes can adjust. I smile innocently and head over to my bed. I hesitate at first but then pat the spot beside me. He glumly drags his feet over to my bed and sits down beside me.

I take his hand and speak, "Look I'm not saying that you have to believe me. . . . just give me a chance to prove my father's innocence." He grips my hand and meets my gaze. He nods and cups my face. I instantly lean towards his touch.

"It should be me. . . not you." He whispered gently as he leaned closer to me. My breath hitches and my heart starts pounding. I instinctively close my eye lids shut and raise my head. I met his warm lips with mine and start moving them with his, in sync. I pick my self up, without breaking our embrace and position myself onto his lap, wanting his body to touch mine. I raise my hands to his hair and pulled at the ends of his curls. He groaned lowly and brought his hands to my waist.

"About what?" I said between kisses. He gripped my waist tighter and parted my lips. The sweet and slow kiss is becoming more ferocious and hungrier by the second. But before the kiss can become more deeper, I break the kiss and say, "Jace answer me—oh!"

Jace's lips started trailing kisses on my throat. I started panting and making sounds I never heard before. I arched my head backwards, wanting more. My eyes flutter shut. He nibbled my ear and kissed his way to my lips. It was a slow and toxic kiss.

He broke our kiss and looked at me. "About giving me a chance, Clary." He grabbed both of my hands. "I want you, Clary and only you. I want to belong to you and you to me. . . well if you want me." He asked me nervously. "Just give me a chance, Clary."

Oh my angel! He's asking me out or asking me to be his girlfriend. Wait? Aren't they the same thing? I start to sweat and find it hard to breathe. I don't know what to do. Isn't there a saying that says to never date your bully? My mind races back to the incident and to earlier when the enraged look held his eyes.

Almost as noticing my discomfort Jace gripped my hands tighter and said, "Hey, hey, you don't have to answer right away. . . just think about it." I sighed in relief and gave him a small smile for his gentleness.

"I will and. . . it's not that. . . I want to be with you its just that. . . you—you. . ."  I pursed my lips before continuing and tried to look for a word that could replace the specific words that I want to say, but how do you say you got issues in a nice way because he does have some anger issues he needs to sort out.

"I'll get better, I promise." Jace said almost as if reading my mind. He brought my hand up to his lips and gently kissed it. Although it was a small gesture it made my cheeks blush. He then cracked a crooked grin and looked down. At first I was confused, but then noticed he was looking at the position we are in.

I cleared my throat and start getting off him, betting to myself that my cheeks are flaming red, but before I could swing my legs off him, he grabbed a hold of my waist and push me down back where I was. He smirked at me and said, "I think I like this certain position, but. . . " He paused and smiled mischievously "I could show you some more right here. If you want to."

I look at him, confusingly. It took me about a minute to understand what he said and when I did I could've sworn that my eyes are bulging out of their sockets and my cheeks scarlet red. "Jace!" I squeaked out and playfully hit him on the shoulder, twice.

"Ok, I'm kidding! Yeez woman, you hit hard." He said as he rubbed his shoulder. We both locked gazes and burst out laughing. I loved seeing Jace like this. Whenever he sets himself free of his personal wall that he built over the years. Granted, it did took time for me to find a crack in his wall and chisel my way through, but it was worth it. It's always worth seeing the real you.

And this, right in front of me is the real Jace. The Jace I fell in love with. The Jace I can't help but to fall in love with him all over again. I love seeing the sparkle in his eye every time he laughs or smiles, like an actual genuine smile that reaches his ears. I love seeing him so carefree, but you know what they say: beautiful things don't last long.

I place the palm of my hand against his face. He instantly tenses, but then relaxes into my touch. We're both quiet and lock gazes. I rub my thumb over his cheekbone. "You should smile more." I whisper as I focus on my movements.

"And you should be less—stubborn." He said in mid yawn. "But that's never going to happen." He smiled at me playfully while his eyes are fluttering close. I chuckle and get off him. He abandons his sitting position and lays on his back on my bed. Well would you look at that? I didn't even had to say make yourself comfortable. I roll my eyes and get off my bed. I then head over to my drawers and pick out my pajamas. I head towards my bathroom to change.

Once I'm change and out of the bathroom, I look at Jace's sleeping face. He looks so peaceful and vulnerable. I smiled and took off his shoes, like a mother would do with her child. I turn off the lights and head over to the space that Jace left me. I lay down and stare at my celling, which is only darkness and nothingness.

I had to admit having a boy sleeping next to me that wasn't Simon was a bit awkward. I laid still with both of my arms beside me and my legs parallel to each other. I heard as Jace shifted his weight creating a sound—the springs of the bed—and turned around to face me. He then swung his arm over me and brought me closer to his chest. It was hard to not lean in—mainly because of his warmth—but once I did, the tension in my muscles disappeared in a flash.

Jace was a much more comfortable pillow, which means I can go to sleep easier but as soon as try to reach for it, it slips through my hands like water.
"Go to sleep, Clary." Jace mumbles next to my ear, which startled me. I thought he was asleep. Sometimes I forget he's an actor, a really hot actor.

I sigh and try to go to sleep but it still won't come to me, so instead I think I about today. Today was full of umm. . . surprises I guess? I was wrong about my father and mother. That reminds me I have to talk to her about Luke and her baby. I still don't know if what my father told me is true. I mean some part of me does believe him, but the other part keeps on repeating what Jace said to me earlier: ''Clary did you ever thought that he could be lying to you! He could've manipulated you into believing him! Clary he is just leading you on to save his own ass!"

Relax Clary, just go to sleep. Alec is going to come back tomorrow and hopefully he brought some things from the Morgenstern manor that will support my father's innocence.

I yawn, sleep taking over me. Why can't I live a normal life. With a normal family. With a brother whose alive and parents madly in love, but who said life is easy? My eyes flutter shut as I cuddle in the arms of my broken boy.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hope you enjoyed!
Comment And Vote for more!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 5 29
"𝙸 𝚍𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚜𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚝....𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐." "ɪꜰ ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪᴇꜱᴛ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ᴇᴠᴇ...
2.5K 181 43
After defeating Lilith and escaping Edom, the TMI gang finally returns to their common lifes in New York, ready to figure out different issues from d...
2.7M 73.6K 187
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
10.1K 301 11
A 'Mortal Instruments' Fanfiction - Takes place after City of Bones and is set in a world where Valentine had died in the first book. After this Clar...