Egyptian Timewave(Old Short-S...

By booklover241014

Egyptian girl Abayomi goes back in time to Ancient Thebes, Egypt. What happens when she finds the sibling of... More

Chapter 1: A Strange Dream
Chapter 2: The Marketplace
Chapter 3: Library
Cover Contest
Chapter 5: Ancient Market
Chapter 6: Annipe
Chapter 7: Kahotep
Chapter 8: Imenand
Chapter 9: Prison
Chapter 10-Escape
Chapter 11: The Tomb
Bonus Chapter!: The Trial
Rewritten Version Coming!
The rewritten version is on its way!

Chapter 4: Aftermath

436 18 5
By booklover241014

After the light had faded, I saw a brief glimpse of what looked like an ancient library filled with dusty papyrus scrolls and elaborate carvings, before I jumped in surprise and the necklace slid off my neck. As soon as it slid off, I was back in my own time and in front of the dull, spotted, and cracked old library bathroom mirror. I carefully shoved both the necklace and the tiny papyrus scroll into their bag and then into my purse before racing back to the hotel room. I slammed the door behind me and stood there panting for a moment before stumbling over to my bed and collapsing onto it. What had just happened? "It's just a figment of my imagination" I told myself. "It's not real." I slowly got up after convincing myself of that fact.

I put on the long silky gossamer white dress I had bought at the market that had reminded me of the outfits in my dream. Then, I walked into the bathroom and stood before the mirror. I pulled the beautiful necklace out of its' bag and fastened it around my neck.

"Whew!" I sighed in relief, smiling. Nothing had happened, which meant that what I had seen was just a silly figment of my overactive imagination. Then, I looked in the mirror and saw that I looked exactly like an ancient Egyptian girl. I had my shoulder-length silky black hair hanging down my back and the dress and necklace made it look like I had just popped out of ancient Egypt. I looked like the girl in my dream! The only thing that was missing from the image was the snake headdress and the beads in my hair. I pulled the papyrus scroll out of the bag and smoothed it out to examine it while being careful not to wrinkle or tear it. It looked the same as before, I just realized I had been reading hieroglyphics! That was strange because I had never been able to read them before. I had never even seen them before, even though I am Egyptian. So how could I understand an ancient writing that I had never seen or heard before? Maybe it is in my blood? I doubt it though, there are lots of Egyptians in modern times who can't read hieroglyphics. Well it doesn't really matter how I can read it, what matters is what it says.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think will happen next chapter? And no peeking, then commenting. Above is a picture of the scroll. below is a picture of Abayomi in her outfit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 368 6
After the fight against Glaciator Cat Noir gives Ladybug the rose. The very special rose which can be the beginning of a story. If you're curious wha...
Ice Cold By m

General Fiction

2.3M 86.2K 50
[boyxboy] Wren Ridley is always two steps ahead of everyone, or so he thinks. His life seems out of his control when he starts having feelings for so...
266K 16.9K 47
The feeling of being abandoned by one's own family was not unknown to Aadhira. She hates her family for abandoning her when she was only a newborn, l...
505K 32.2K 41
Let's see how different personalities mends with each other to form a beautifull bond together. Where the Eldest is calm and cold, Second is aggress...