The Triangle of Hearts

By Pentsy

Fifteen year old Rebecca moves to New York with her terrible foster parent. She hoped to find some excitement... More

The Triangle of Hearts
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 11

1K 67 16
By Pentsy

"Are you kidding me?!" Rebecca almost screamed.The turtles and Splinter sat in the living room.

"You must stay here," Splinter continued. "Your not safe up on the surface now that Karai knows your location." She was already shaking her head and then stopped.

"Well I wouldn't mind getting away from my foster parent...or school..." She smiled a little.

Mikey whispered to Donnie "She's a complete opposite of April." He received a smack to the head from his brother.

"You'll go to school after it dies down up there," Raph said. "Of course we'll be watching from a distance just in case." Her smile faded.

"Well maybe..." She looked at their faces seeing there was no choice. "I guess it could be fun," Rebecca shrugged.

"You can sleep in April's old room. She once had a similar problem so she had to stay with us," Leo stated.

Rebecca took a breathe and slumped on the couch. "I need my stuff from home..." She grumbled.

"That's why we'll accompany you tonight and collect your necessities," Donnie answered.

"You have the answer to everything don't you..." Rebecca turned her head away.

"All but one," Master Splinter said calmly. "Would you be willing to learn the ancient art of ninjitsu?" She stood up in excitement.

"Of course! I could kick butt if I learned that! It would be a big upgrade from gang fights!" She gave a few blows to the air.

"It is for defense unless of course you are meant to do harm then do lots of harm," Splinter quickly said. She looked at him confused.

"He'll do that a lot," Mikey said patting her back. Splinter smiled and nodded his head.

"I guess we'll all be training together," Rebecca looked at the turtles.

"Well we've been training for fifteen years... good luck catching up," Raph laughed. "Unless you want me to beat you at a spar." Leo gave him an annoyed look at his juvenile comment.

"Get yourself comfortable and be prepared to head out tonight." Leo ordered and she nodded her head.

The group disbanded. Rebecca lounged on the couch touching her face where Fongs knife had cut her cheek. Her eye throbbed.

"Pssssst," Someone whispered. Rebecca turned her head and looked at Mikey's crouched figure.

"What?" She whispered back.

"I know something that'll make you feel better," He held up two balloons filled with pink paint.

Rebecca smiled as Mikey pointed to Raph reading his comic. Containing their giggles she was handed one of the balloons. They silently crept up behind him. Raph scratched his head. Mikey handed her a balloon filled with glitter. She almost laughed. He put up his fingures for countdown.

One...two....three! Mikey and her let loose the pink paint. It splattered onto him. He froze as he took in what happened. He stared at the pink paint dripping off of him.

He was about to blow his top when Rebecca threw the glitter balloon exploding sparkles all over him. They burst out laughing even Leo laughed at his brothers appearance.

"Its a good look on you Raph," Leo laughed.

"I'm going to kill you Mikey!" He jumped over the couch aiming to pounce on his brother.

Little did he know Rebecca was with him. Mikey ran from years of experience sadly she was to busy laughing. Raph jumped and forced her to the ground. They both opened their eyes as Raph lay on top of her.

"Uh..." He stuttered as he took in what he had just done. Rebecca merely laughed.

"Whats the matter Raph? You don't hit girls?" He looked away.

"Just injured ones," He replied glancing at her black eye. There was an awkward silence.

"Um... could you get off of me now? Your kinda heavy...." She wheezed.

"Right of course..." Raph said awkwardly as he quickly scrambled off.

"Looks like this is going to be a long stay...." Rebecca smiled and walked over to Mikey.

"You didn't get pummeled!" Mikey declared in surprise. "Well mostly." He indicated her wounds from before.

Mikey had become Rebecca's prank friend and Donnie had soon become her study buddy for school.

"Hey do you guys have any movies?" She asked.

"We have some in that bin over there," Leo replied. She slid it out.

"Hey Leo what's Space Hero's?" She turned her head to him. Leos eyes widened.

"You've never heard of Space Heros!?" He practically ran to Rebecca and pulled out all the discs on it. "Its only the most amazing sci fi show ever!" He gave a nerdy laugh.

"Its a stupid show that only dorks watch," Raph said exited the bathroom and drying his head off with a towel.

"Your just jealous that Captain Ryan is better then you in every possible way," Leo snapped. Raph just shook his head.

"I'm so jealous of a fictional cartoon character," He replied sarcastically. Leo looked at Rebecca with an excited smile.

"I guess I could try it out," She said and was immediately dragged away.

She was plopped down on the couch as he bustled around setting up the T.V. He threw a blanket down and he started up the first episode. Leo's face was filled with excitement. The first episode rolled by and Rebecca had a poker face.

"So what do you think?" Leo asked eagerly.

"I think..." Raph looked over at her. "Its an awesome show!" Raphs jaw dropped and Leo almost squealed in excitement. "Play the next one!"

They both turned back to the T.V. and began their marathon.

"I'm outta here," Raph stood up and exited the room. About an hour before it was time to head to her apartment to collect her things they stopped the show. They both began to fangirl and fanboy about it.

"Captain Ryans the best!" Rebecca grinned.

"I'm so happy I found someone who also likes Space Heros!" Leo said excitedly.

"I've always had a thing for aliens and Sci fi! This is so perfect! Hey I think I saw they made a new movie with them with real actors!" Leonardos eyes grew wide.

"Oh look its the two nerds," Raph commented as he passed by.

"Do you want more glitter on you Raph?" Rebecca almost spat.

"You don't have any more," He turned to look at her. She tossed a balloon up and down menacingly. He put his hands up in defense. "How did you...." He was interrupted.

"I have my ways," Rebecca smirked. He slowly left the room.

Rebecca had something in common with Leo. It brought out a different side of him and she liked it, it was soon time to leave. She practically limped to the lair exit. The turtles looked at one another.

"One of us could carry you if we need to," Donnie suggested.

"No no I'm fine," She leaned against the wall and made her way over to them. The boys didn't want to go against her wish but she needed help. Raph wouldn't put up with it.

"Stop being so stubborn!" He walked over to her and scooped her up in his arms. She looked at him in surprise. He turned his head away slightly embarrassed.

"Thanks Raph." Rebecca grumbled not wishing to admit it.

"What was that?" He said with a smug grin.

"Thanks..." She mumbled.

"I didn't hear you," He turned his head so his ear could listen.

"Thank you!" She screamed making his head ring. It was her turn to wear a smug smile as he shuddered from the sound.

The group of turtles jumped to roof to roof. The moon cascaded it's glow on the roof tops. The group had a hard time staying in the shadows. Eventually they reached the apartment. They slid open the window and silently crept inside.

"Alright let's get what we need and get out," Leo ordered. Raph put Rebecca down.

"Okay. Can one of you guys pull some clothes out from my dresser? I need to grab something," Rebecca walked over to her desk and began to grab some things.

Donnie opened one of her drawers and quickly shut it with an embarrassed look on his face.

"What is it?" Raph whispered. Don slowly slid it open to reveal her under clothing drawer. Leo, Raph, and Donnie's face grew red.

"Watch ya guys looking at?" Mikey popped up.

"Mikey!" They all said. Raph covered his face and Leo and Donnie slammed the drawer shut. Rebecca approached them.

"Quiet down! And you call yourselves ninjas," She shook her head unaware of what had happened.

They quickly gathered up her belongings. Rebecca stopped.

"What's wrong?" Mikey asked at her suddenly strange behavior.

"I almost forgot..." She whispered and walked over to her side table.

She slid open a drawer and removed a wooden part revealing a secret compartment. The turtles watched in interest as she pulled out a golden chain with a heart at the end of it. It was a locket.

Rebecca snapped open the heart to reveal a small picture. A man and a girl wearing matching vacationing outfits smiled holding a four year old girl with crazy pig tails.

"Is that...." Mikey stopped.

"Ya... My mom and dad..." She finished. It was silent for a moment. Rebecca turned to them and smiled. "Anyways let's get going."

Leo looked at her sadly. She hid her pain behind a smile. As the boys picked up some of her items she tried to slip on the necklace.

"Let me help you with that," Leo said and gently grabbed hold of the golden chain. He brushed aside her short hair and slowly connected the two chains together. Rebecca smiled and turned to him.

"Thank you..." She said. Leo smiled.

The strange group of teens packed up and jumped back to the sewers.

"So how do you think your foster parent will act to your sudden disappearance?" Donnie asked as the trudged through the sewer tunnels.

"I bet she'll totally flip out like Raph always does." Mikey added. Raph growled at his younger brother. Rebecca giggled.

"She won't care... Kate will be okay for the first few day but then she'll start calling me. If I don't answer then she will flip but I doubt she'll do any real action." The turtles exchanged glances. They soon made it back to the lair.

"Welcome home my sons how was the little trip?" Splinter greeted.

"It was great." Mikey replied as Raph lowered Rebecca down.

"She has everything she needs," Donnie stated.

"Thank you for your hospitality Master Splinter," She bowed down. He smiled at her polite behavior. He gave a small bow to her.

"It's a pleasure to have you here," he replied. He then turned to the turtles. "Goodnight boys," he turned and walked into his room.

The others helped move Rebecca's stuff into her room. They departed into their rooms and wished her a goodnight. She unpacked her main items and was in deep thought.

"Well this place seems cool," she thought as she folded a piece of clothing. "Mikey seems like an awesome prankster... Donnie's very helpful and nice... Leo and me have gotten along well," her mind drifted to Raph. "I don't know about him... He's probably still mad about the prank or...." She stopped folding. "He just doesn't like me." Just then she heard her door creak open.

"Knock knock." Raphs voice said with a hint of humor. Rebecca swore her heart stopped and when she heard his voice. She turned and looked at him. He leaned against the door frame and had his head turned.

"So I was wondering if..." He put his hand behind his head and stuttered out the words. "If you'd like to train together sometime." His face had a hint of red. Rebecca's face lit up.

"Of course I would love to train with you." A smile touched Raphs face.

"G-goodnight..." He closed the door. Rebecca turned back to her clothes.

"I think this'll be a nice stay." She thought.

What do you guys think? Should I continue?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.9K 2.5K 167
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
1.7K 86 12
❛❛𝑰𝒕 π’˜π’‚π’” 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒕, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰'π’Ž π’ˆπ’π’‚π’… 𝑰 π’ˆπ’π’• 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒅 π’†π’—π’†π’“π’š π’Žπ’π’Žπ’†π’π’• π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰ π’šπ’οΏ½...
895K 20.5K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
149K 5.3K 60
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...