the bachelor ▹ dan howell x r...

By reinfalldeer

thirty woman, ten weeks, one man. ❝welcome to this season of the bachelor❞ ❀❀❀ PRAISE FOR THE BACHELOR: ❝thi... More

author's note
playlist
introductions
impressions
dan
real
revenge
betrayal
amore
pretty
wires
tripped
rumors
coke
flee
daniel
fin
epilogue
sequel

roses

1.7K 73 192
By reinfalldeer

"so tell me, do you think you'll get the first impressions rose?" questioned a producer shaded by a camera. i still haven't learned any of the various producers' or crew members' names.

i bit my rosy lip in thought. "i think that i have a decent chance of getting the first impression rose. although i don't know how the others girls are doing so i really don't know."

the producer shook his head in disappointment. "more emotion! you need to make the viewers believe that you have actual feelings for daniel already. you're the girl who is supposed to win everyone over!"

i let out a contemplative sigh before clearing my throat to speak once more. "i truly believe that i have a good chance of getting the first impressions rose. i felt as if daniel and i really connected in a special way that he won't get from some of the other girls. i'm pissed that our conversation got cut short by paisley. honestly, who does that?"

"i can definitely work with that." the producer nodded in approval. he then waved his hand in a gesture to leave.

i entered the living room once again to see a clique of girls huddled by the couch, camera men filming their every word.

"what a hoe!" exclaimed a brunette in a red off-the-shoulder dress, throwing her hands up in the air.

"you got that right victoria." agreed a petite woman with nose piercings.

the brunette, victoria, caught me loitering and shot me daggers. "what are you doing? what's in your hand?"

i glanced down at the crumpled up napkin that i was clutching onto. "it's just a napkin." i lied as i stuffed it in my bra.

victoria gave me a suspicious look as she beckoned me to reside next to her and her posey. "what's your name?"

"(y/n)." i replied confidently. no way in hell am i letting this bitch shake me up.

"so...(y/n), what do you do for a living." she interrogated, staring me down.

i kept eye contact, not faltered by her death stare. "i'm a waitress."

victoria scoffed. "where? hooters?" her posey of girls snickered as she just rolled her eyes. "my daddy owns a multi-million dollar business that i'm about to inherit."

"really?" i asked, pretending to be interested. "what's the business?"

"how am i supposed to know?" she replied, rolling her eyes once more.

our conversation was interrupted by chris harrison entering the living room with a deep rose on a golden plate. he gently set it down on the coffee table. as he was making his was back, he bumped into daniel. they conversed in hushed tones. daniel then sauntered down into the living room and picked up the rose off of the golden plate that once held it. he stared at me for a moment and grinned before he went back outside, leaving me with victoria and her gang.

victoria was infuriated. she stormed over to the doorway just to witness athena get the first impressions rose. she bellowed a series of curse words.

"this is so fucking unfair! that bitch only got the rose because she made out with him!" she roared, pacing up and down the living room. the cameras were loving this. "i knew i should've kissed him when i had the chance! i should've just taken my dress off!"

the blue-eyed redhead from before came rushing into the room, bawling her wide eyes out. a producer immediately pulled her away for an itm.

"vicky, please ca-" a member of her posey started before victoria viciously slammed her fist down upon the coffee table.

"you have no right to call me vicky, chelsea!" victoria exclaimed, over exaggerating hand gestures. chelsea didn't dare to mutter another word.

chris settled the soon-to-be-rumble and called the girls to begin the rose ceremony. the producers and cameramen put us in positions based upon height on the steps. half of the girls were shooting each other daggers. it seemed like everyone stopped breathing when a producer placed about two dozen roses on a small table. daniel sauntered out in front of us, features stone cold.

"ladies," he addressed while glancing calmly at the roses. "i would like you all to know that anything that happens tonight, do not take it personally. i am simply keeping the girls who in which i feel like i made a connection with. it is not because of beauty, personality, or..." daniel cleared his throat, taking a brief look at his sleek black dress shoes, "wealth."

i snuck a peak at the other girls when the cameras weren't watching me. when the cameras were on during a rose ceremony, every single one of us had to be staring contently at daniel. i caught a blonde on the verge of bawling as well as the redhead from before with trails of tears disturbing her foundation. athena, clearly satisfied with herself, smugly watched the process happen, twirling the red rose between her fingers.

one of the crew gave a thumbs up to daniel, queuing for him to state the first name. the entire room fell dead silent. daniel cautiously picked up the rose, being careful not to disarrange the others stacked painstakingly in a pyramid. unlike the other girls, i wasn't absolute terrified. to say that i wasn't in the least bit nervous would be a lie, but daniel would've given me the note if he was prepared to kick me out without going through with it.

"fawn." a name intruded my thoughts. i could hear someone let out a sigh of relief. "would you accept this rose?" fawn mumbled something inaudible to us. most likely something along the lines of "yes, of course" or "absolutely". fawn speed walked back towards her spot with a skip in her step.

then the cameras had to reset. the painstaking process lasted ten minutes. ten between every single rose handed out. that's a hundred and fifty minutes repositioning cameras. with every name called my back grew stiff and my eyelids grew heavy.

"savannah, would you accept this rose?"

"totally."

cameras repositioned.

"vivian, would you accept this rose."

"i would love to. thank you."

cameras repositioned.

"natasha, would you accept this rose?"

"of course."

cameras repositioned.

by the sixth girl called it had already been an hour. i could've passed out right then and there. the only thing keeping me awake is the fact that my name hasn't been called yet.

"emery, would you accept this rose?"

emery bounced up towards daniel, plucking the rose out of his hands. "absolutely." she responded and gave daniel a quick hug before making her way back to her spot.

so many girl's names were called i lost track. it was only until i viewed the dwindling amount of roses on the table did i begin to fret. it seemed like the other girls who names weren't called yet were worrying too. none of them stressing as much as the unknown redhead whose makeup was long gone. black strokes of mascara stained her cheeks.

"(y/n)."

my attention was drawn to daniel who was awaiting my arrival in order to deliver me the rose. a million thoughts ran through my head as i sauntered down to the bachelor. does he actually do have feelings for me is is he just doing this for the show? has anyone ever declined a rose?

"would you please accept this rose?"

i nodded and he leaned down to give me a quick embrace. i maneuvered back to my bedroom place with a rose in hand.

"victori-" daniel began but it got cut off by a loud shriek.

"suck dick bitches!" she yelled as victoria pushed some girl aside to retrieve her rose. she yanked the rose out of daniel's hand and did some sort of twirl.

i could see emery attempting to stifle a laugh. i did the same. daniel couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. i wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing.

"paisley, would you accept this rose?"

"why not?"

it has to be at least four in the morning now. i was about ready to pass out.

"harper, would you accept this rose?"

the bawling redhead snapped her head up from her hands in which she was shielding her makeup stained face with.

"really?" she exclaimed as she sprinted towards him. "ohmygosh, thank you!" she wiped some tears from her cheeks as she grabbed onto the rose.

a girl broke down sobbing. i wondered why until i realized that harper received the final rose. other girls started hugging her as well as two other girls who were on the verge of tears. the trio of eliminated contestants made their ways towards daniel and gave him a hug. he thanked each one of them for coming as they left in tears.

"nice job ladies." a producer announced. "we have assigned you all rooms. take a look at this sheet to find out where you'll be staying." he handed the paper to moxie. probably a bad idea. "that's all the filming for today. tomorrow we will begin dates so be prepared and get lots of rest." he gave us all thumbs up before he exited.

everyone crowded around moxie, searching for their rooms and roommates. chelsea cheered when she saw that she was rooming with victoria.

"looks like we're roomies." emery said as she lightly nudged me in the side with her elbow. a sigh of relief resonated from my lips. i was worried that i'd be stuck with someone horrible, like victoria.

"don't get too happy. there's three people to a room." athena interrupted as she pointed to the third name next to ours on the list.

emery giggled, "we can be like the three musketeers!"

athena shrugged and left the group of contestants to go to our room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.3K 680 11
"I live with Dan, I've been best friends with him for over five years now. I can tell you the ins and outs and shortcuts to win his heart. I'll be th...
87.6K 3K 23
(A completed novel) Warning: mentioning of drug use, swearing, violence + In a world where all high school attendants made it through the years peace...
483 15 16
**COMPLETED** Dan Howell and Phil Lester have been living in their Manchester Apartment for longer than expected. It's 2017, they've been on tour aro...
355K 10.1K 50
daniel howell x reader - So much of this fucking story is a mess, I apologize. It was my first fic, written when I was TWELVE, and it's so cringe wor...