Choosing My Mate [R]

By brandalynn89

Rated [R] Riley Burk is the daughter of the Alpha. For years the Alpha could only birth daughters, so an agr... More

Choosing My Mate
Chapter 1: Alpha blood
Chapter 2: Mate
Chapter 3: The Begining
Chapter 4: Q & A
Chapter 5: Perfect two
Chapter 6: Day by Day
Chapter 7: Time to play.
Chapter 8: Wolf Control
Chapter 9 The Unthinkable
Chapter 10: The Big Bad Wolf
Chapter 11: Hot & Bothered
Chapter 12: Broken Trust
Chapter 13: First Dace
Chapter 14: Caught Between Two Loves
Chapter 15: New Territory
Chapter 17: "We're not the only ones"
Chapter 18: Defying the Alpha

Chapter 16: Intruder

32K 451 39
By brandalynn89

warning - short Chapter. sorry. ):
didn't want to leave you hanging for too long.
thanks for all the new readers, and the wonderful comments.
my dedication is to ALL OF YOU! (:
<3        <3       <3

Never had she felt so powerful, so desirable and so in control of her own destiny.

Stretching in her humungous bed, Riley had realized she just had the best sleep of her life. She reached out for her mates finding them not in her bed.

Millions of ideas came popping into her head, what if that wasn’t what they wanted, did they think her a slut, is that why they’re not here now?

Her heart started racing, panic took over, as more thoughts rolled in.

Her wolf was clawing to get out.

Run. She needed to run.

As quickly as she could she dressed, scanning the room for the closest item of clothing, memories of last night’s passion running through her head, every touch, and every kiss.

Running down the stairs, as quietly as she could, trying to avoid running into her mates.

“Riley?” crap, they caught her. Riley turned to see Jace, with Ash walking up behind him, both of them with guilt written on their faces, maybe it wasn’t guilt she thought maybe it was regret. “Where are you going?” their look turned into pure concern once they spotted her backpack.

She didn’t want them to worry, not one bit. Placing a smile on her face she pushed her hair out of her eyes.

“I was going to go for a run, my wolf has been begging to get out and stretch.”

They looked to her trying their best to read her, “give us a sec, we’ll go with you.” Ash offered.

“Oh, no it’s ok. I was just hoping to have some me time, you know haven’t had that for a while, and well I think it’s best if I had some time to well think about... everything.”

Honesty was her best shot at getting herself some alone time. Her mates looked to each other, see noted how they took in her explanation. “yeah,” Jace said stepping close to her planting a kiss on her forehead. “I guess we’ve been selfish keeping you all to ourselves.”

“You’re ok Angel, we didn’t hurt you?” Ash followed Jace’s lead and kissed Riley’s forehead.

“No, never.” She reached out taking a hand from each of them. “Really I just need some time to myself.”

Her mates nodded letting Riley walk out the door, into the forest to let her wolf become one with her once again.

In her wolf from she could feel the earth, actually feel it. The beauties you never think of on this planet are so much more clear through the eyes of animals, but was she animal?

If she was smart, she would run and never look back. Letting the animal take over never hurting her best friends, after time they would forget her.

Wouldn’t they.

No. They wouldn’t she knew, they both love her and they would fight for her till they found her. And running from her problems was nothing she would ever do, her pack deserved better from her.

How could she do this, how could she have let them both fall in love with her, she should have chosen the second they found out, but if what they tell her is true, both of them have always loved her. And when she thought about it she’s always loved them, more than what she thought.

Completely lost in her own thoughts Riley didn’t hear the sound of an intruder approaching, until the scent fill the air, a sent that she slightly knew but couldn’t place. Being the Alpha’s daughter meant she had met every single wolf in the pack.

Fear struck Riley as she image of another wolf came to view.

*                         *                        *

Jace had awaken with the weight of a delicate arm draped over him, his heart fluttered as the flash backs of their night together, even though she never told him, he knew she loved him back, just as much as she loved his brother.

He heard Ash whisper it to her during their love making. He was surprised to see that it didn’t hit a jealous bone in his body.

What did that mean he had no idea, he had the feeling he should talk to his brother to see how last night might feel for him.

Pushing his head up to take a look at his mate, he noticed the cute smile she had while she slept, last night meant everything she gave herself to them, and held nothing back.

Nothing will ever be between then, not anymore, and not if he anything to do with it, but first he needed to talk to his brother, he looked past Riley to see Ash wasn’t even there, slowly and reluctantly he crawled out of the bed, put on his brother wasn’t there.

Crap. He needed to find his brother and fast, what if Ash wasn’t on the same page, this could tear him apart.

He found his brother sitting in the office, which was meant for the Alpha, he was just sitting there, starring at the screen of the computer.

Jace knocked on the door frame, grabbing the attention from his brother. “hey.” He nodded when Ash looked up from the computer.

Ash nodded back, “hey, what s up?” he asked sitting up straighter in the chair.

“Well I thought, maybe we should talk, about well…. Um… about last night.”

Jace really wasn’t sure how to say it but that seemed to do the trick, now wasn’t the time to pussy foot around.

He watched his brother nod get to his feet then sit down on the leather sofa across from the desk.

Jace followed sitting next to him, in a way that he was able to face him.

“Ash, we’re brothers we’re always going to be brothers no matter what, if anything felt wrong you should have just said, we could have stopped.

”Ash looked at him in shock, “I didn’t…. that’s not why I’m in here thinking Jace.”

Jace gave his brother a confusing look, “well then why do you look so lost in thought?”

“We were stupid, we should have thought this through, how is she going to feel about this?”

“How do you feel about it?”

Jace watched as his brother looked at him with a smile, “she was a goddess; it was everything I had ever imagined, and well minus you.” Ash chuckled the last part.

“Did it bother you, having me there?” this needed to be done Jace kept telling himself, there should be no awkwardness between them, if not for their brotherhood then for their mate.

Ash looked as if he wanted to find the right words, he could tell it was a struggle. “No, seeing her like that… it was a blessing.”

“I agree, we’ve talked about how it’s not about us, it’s about her but this…” Jace gestured around the room. “I didn’t want anyone to feel like we crossed a line.”

Ash shook his head as an answer, but Jace needed words, just so everything was clear. “No, but that’s what I was thinking about Jace. None of this adds up, she’s our mate we should be fighting over her, but I find comfort knowing that we’re both here to protect her.”

“Maybe it’s because we are her mates that we feel that.”

“Are suggesting what I think you are?”

“Depends, I’m not really sure. All I know is I love her, and I know you do too” Jace wasn’t sure that’s why he came to his brother; they could work this out together.

“I do love her; I’d do anything for her.”

“Even to be with her even if it meant I was with her too?”

“Anything to make her happy, but do you think that’s what she wants?”

“I’m not sure; I wanted to check with you to make sure we should even talk to her about it. So if It’s a possibility?” Jace left the question open.

“do I want to be with her in the end Hell yes, do I want my brother in the room every time I make love to her, no.”

“Yeah I understand, I don’t want you in the room every time either, but when she was in that moment happy as could be it just felt right.”

“So now we just what, talk to her about it?”

“Yeah, let’s get some food started; we’ll talk to her later.”

They talked some more about what it might mean, but came to the conclusion that Riley needed to be part of the ending discussion, it was turning noon and they began to wonder if Riley was ever going to wake up, a click of the door handle to the front door was picked up by their sensitive ears, Jace was the first to stand up to see Riley up and dressed, looking like she was caught stealing a lollypop from a baby.

“Riley?” he asked not sure if she was herself at the moment. That’s when he noticed her back pack obviously empty which only meant that she would be using it to hold her clothing once she shifted. “Where are you going?” he wasn’t sure why he asked, secretly it was his way of making sure she was ok.

She blinked her eyes to him, looking back between him and his brother. “I was going to go for a run, my wolf has been begging to get out and stretch.”

 “Give us a sec, we’ll go with you.” Ash spoke from behind Jace.

“Oh, no it’s ok. I was just hoping to have some me time, you know haven’t had that for a while, and well I think it’s best if I had some time to well think about... everything.”

Of course she was feeling smothered “yeah,” Jace felt a pinch of guilt sting his gut, he knew his brother felt it too when he saw him wince from the corner of his eye. When he took a step to Riley trying to comfort her, with a kiss on her adorable forehead. “I guess we’ve been selfish keeping you all to ourselves.”

Jace heard his brothers steps behind him, before he spoke. “You’re ok Angel, we didn’t hurt you?” thank goodness Ash asked he thought, honestly Jace just might be scared of the answer. But still he listened.

“No, never.” Jace felt her delicate in his giving him a light squeeze, “Really I just need some time to myself.”

Understanding took over Jace, they would give her time to be alone, this one time, and she needed it.

She had been gone for over four hours now; she hadn’t eaten when she left Jace worried. Hopefully she’d give into her animal instincts this once and let her hunt.

A strange feeling started to brew inside Jace, he looked to his brother, seeing the same look he was wearing also on his face.

The feeling so disappeared instantly replaced by fear.

“what’s that?” Ash asked, feeling the same emotion flow through him.

“Riley,” Jace whispered bolting out of his chair, shifting once he hit the outside, not caring if Ash was behind him, but heard the tare of his bothers close as he shifted behind him.

<3   <3   <3

Ut-oh.

 any ideas of who it is this time? if you guess right i'll update sooner and the chapter will be dedicated to you!!! yay.

Also, don't forget to show CMM some love with VOTES/CMMTS and FAN (:

<3 brandalynn89

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7 0 7
Jessica is the Alpha's daughter on vacation with her family and the Beta's family. She finds her mate she may be only 17 years old, but she knows he...
148K 3.4K 24
The newest Alpha is a female. No one has ever heard of this, and the former Alpha is worried for how his daughter, Katie, will handle being the new A...
553K 12.5K 29
Taylor Greenwood only had two friends; the alphas son and her twin brother. When the future alpha turns eighteen, two things will happen: he will be...
179K 6.1K 30
FIX ME ALPHA Emily Presto had a rough start in life. When she gets accepted into Nashmoore University, she can't help but feel hope for a bright futu...