A Tale of Romans and Slaves |...

Door AuthoritarianMeerkat

This is not a happy story. Let's take Percy, for example. He was a poor fisherman's son who was perfectly h... Meer

Chapter 1: Percy
Chapter 2: Reyna
Chapter 3: Annabeth
Chapter 4: Jason
Chapter 5: Piper
Chapter 6: Frank
Chapter 7: Leo
Chapter 8: Hazel
Chapter 9: Percy
Chapter 10: Piper
Chapter 11: Reyna
Chapter 12: Annabeth
Chapter 13: Leo
Chapter 14: Jason
Chapter 15: Frank
Chapter 16: Hazel
Chapter 17: Leo
Chapter 18: Reyna
Chapter 19: Percy
Chapter 20: Annabeth
Chapter 21: Piper
Chapter 22: Frank
Chapter 23: Jason
Chapter 24: Hazel
Chapter 25: Leo
Chapter 26: Frank
Chapter 27: Percy
Chapter 28: Piper
Chapter 29: Jason
Chapter 30: Hazel
Chapter 31: Annabeth
Chapter 32: Reyna
Chapter 33: Leo
Chapter 34: Jason
Chapter 35: Annabeth
Chapter 37: Piper
Chapter 38: Reyna
Chapter 39: Hazel
Chapter 40: Frank
Chapter 41: Percy
Chapter 42: Annabeth
Chapter 43: Piper
Chapter 44: Jason
Chapter 45: Leo
Chapter 46: Hazel
Chapter 47: Frank
Chapter 48: Reyna
Chapter 49: Annabeth
Chapter 50: Leo
Chapter 51: Hazel
Chapter 52: Jason
Chapter 53: Piper
Chapter 54: Reyna
Chapter 55: Frank
Chapter 56: Percy
Chapter 57: Reyna
Chapter 58: Piper
Chapter 59: Percy
Chapter 60: Jason
Chapter 61: Reyna
Chapter 62: Percy
Chapter 63: Annabeth
Chapter 64: Hazel
Chapter 65: Leo
Chapter 66: Piper
Chapter 67: Percy
Chapter 68: Frank
Chapter 69: Piper
Chapter 70: Reyna
Chapter 71: Annabeth
Chapter 72: Percy
Chapter 73: Jason
Chapter 74: Annabeth
Chapter 75: Leo
Chapter 76: Hazel
Chapter 77: Percy
Chapter 78: Leo
Chapter 79: Frank
Chapter 80: Jason
Chapter 81: Leo
Chapter 82: Annabeth
The End

Chapter 36: Percy

2.1K 63 33
Door AuthoritarianMeerkat

I was not in a good mood.

I mean, how would you feel if you were practically dragged out of the woman you love's arms, thrown in a cart, and shipped towards your upcoming doom?

If you would be happy there is something seriously wrong with you.

"Listen everyone!" Luke said, clapping his hands together as much as he could with the chains. "If you want to survive the arena, listen to me."

Luke was one of the only people here who'd been in, and survived, the arena. In fact, he was a favorite among the Romans, seeing as in his first match someone practically sliced open his face, giving him that scar, and he went on to win anyway.

"Lesson number one," Luke said. "You can't think of any of your opponents as people. Let the guilt sink in later: if you let it sink in in the arena, you're dead."

He kept going on like this. It was good advice, and I listened intently.

The next day, we got to the colosseum.

It was huge, and beautifully built. I could tell that it could contain thousands of people.

Thousands of people who will be cheering for your blood tommorow, I thought. The thought made me shiver.

We were herded into the building, and into some cells underneath it. They were practically identical to the cells back in the ludus.

I tried to fall asleep, but I couldn't. I was a bundle of nerves, and my thoughts kept going back to Annabeth, who was waiting for me back at the ludus.

Eventually, I drifted into sleep.

•🐠•

I woke up to a slave girl bringing me breakfast. I gobbled it down

After we finished breakfast, slaves started fitting us in our armour, which was much fancier than the ones we trained in.

Then they took us to what I assumed was the waiting room, and chained our hands to the wall.

We waited for hours. We were the closing event, so we had to listen to all the other events that happened before us. I was pretty sure I heard someone get ripped apart by a lion at some point.

I wished I was Travis. His companion had 'accidently' slammed his arm so hard into the bedpost it broke, leaving him unable to participate. I wished that Annabeth and I had thought of that.

But, we had been occupied with other things.

Eventually, it was time. I took deep breaths as a guard unchained my arms, and then I followed the others into the arena.

There were thousands of people, occupying every row. I noticed a grey-haired man who I assumed was the king sitting on a podium, with a blond-haired boy who I assumed was his son sitting next to him.

I gripped my sword in my hand, waiting for the king to drop the handkerchief that would indicate the start of the fight.

Luke's advice rang in my ears. Don't think of them as people.

Then the king dropped the handkerchief.

I turned to the boy closest to me, and raised my sword up to meet his. The boy was good, but not good enough. My sword was in his neck in no time.

Then I turned to the next closest available boy near me, and started the process again.

After awhile, I started to get exhausted. But my adrenaline kept me going.

Soon, there was only me and two others left. The others were fighting, so I waited for them to finish.

I looked up at the king's podium. I could see their faces clearly now. Besides the king and his son, there was a boy with sand-coloured hair, a girl with jet-black hair, and the princess. There was also a slave girl attending them, but she was too far away for me to properly see her face. Yet, I felt like I knew her.

Just then, I heard one of the others gurgle on his own blood. I turned to my last opponent, the last person I would have to kill before I could keep my promise to Annabeth.

He was on the other side of the arena, but I already could tell who he was. My heart dropped like a stone falling down a well.

Luke.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

17.3K 281 15
{u·to·pi·a ~ yo͞oˈtōpēə ~ an imagined place or state of things in which everything is perfect} *** After the great war of the world, Earth's remainin...
27.9K 980 84
Under the rule of Emperor Zeus, the Roman Empire has become wealthier and larger than ever, but not everyone benefits from the increased riches. Perc...
28.7K 345 10
Ok, so heads up, this is going to be a Pipercy story I'm going to merge two of my favorite types of stories; demigods in high school, and a Percy Jac...
142K 1.2K 32
This is a story where the heroes of Olympus go back in time. I know that many people do this, but I just love reading them. So I decided to make one...