Charlotte

By YoungAndUndefined

After a steamy night of passion with a stranger, Lesra is finally ready to throw away her old carefree habits... More

тaвle oғ conтenтѕ.
01 // нazel green and ѕιlver rιngѕ.
02 // frappes and naps.
03 // apple cinnamon.
04 // warm and windy.
06 // not asking, telling.
07 // crisp bills and table cloth.
08 // a piece of art.
09 // moving day and mini heart-attacks.
10 // black hat.
11 // lipstick and lingerie
12 // a friend named tone.
13 // a confession.
14 // neither was he.
15 // pointing fingers.
16 // out on top.
17 // not so blank disc.
18 // blessing or a curse.
19 // a wren.
20 // stick around.
21 // baby beluga.
22 // beautiful inside and out.
23 // blank canvas
24 // more valuable than van gogh
25 // do anything, be anything.
26 // charlotte
27 // epilogue pt. 1
28 // epilogue pt. 2
00 // trailer.

05 // sticky situations and eerie feelings.

165K 4.1K 292
By YoungAndUndefined

_____________________________

05 // sticky situations and eerie feelings.

Six weeks later was when the side effects of morning sickness began kicking my ass.

I spent the better of my mornings with my head in the toilet with last nights dinner making it's way the same way it had went down. 

Shawna wanted me to keep her posted on any changes I was experiencing. Since it wasn't her carrying the baby, nor going through the actual pregnancy,  she wanted to experience everything as closely as possible.

I hadn't seen Wren since the day he drove me home. Whenever Shawna invited me over, it just so happened that Wren was out.

Good for me I guess. I just wanted to go through this new stage in my life without any trouble or any glares from him. He wanted nothing to do with me, and I him.

Apparently he wasn't pleased with the fact that I was indeed pregnant with his and his wife's baby. No surprise to me. Shawna still thought that his anger was because he wanted to adopt and not go through surrogacy but I knew better. I knew he was angry because I was the one carrying their child.

Everyday Shawna had hoped that one day he'd come to terms with the new arrangement but after the first few weeks even I had began to lose such hope.

It was the day of the fashion show. Of course I was going to go. I had to show my support for Samuel who would be walking down the stage and Shay who would be behind the scenes working on hair and makeup.

Shay picked me up from my apartment. Her silver jeep was cluttered with boxes of what I suppose held beauty products. The front seat was left open for me but I still had to carry a box on my lap. Samuel was stuffed in the back. His cheek pressed against the window.

"Shay, Sam," I said, greeting my friends as I clicked my seat belt into place.

Shay nodded her head and drove off.

"Damn Lesra, you look terrible like you've seen a ghost or something!" Samuel blurted out.

"Thanks, asshole. And next time I feel nauseous, I'll come running to you. How'd you like that for a face mask?"

I turned around in my seat waiting for his reply. Instead, his face displayed pure disgust.

"That's what I thought," I replied with a cheeky smile. "Blame the morning sickness."

"Shesh, pregnancy seems like hard work," Shay commented. Her eyes were focused on the road in front of her.

"Yeah," I sighed. "The constant bathroom breaks, achy breasts and upset stomach.."

"I'm sure Shawna is happy that you're doing this for her, though. It'll be worth it in the end."

"Yeah..," I trailed off. "About that, there's something that I've been meaning to tell you two for a while now. Can you guys keep a secret?"

"Girl what? Do you not know who we are? We are the freaking secret keepers. Tell us. Tell it all!" Samuel said.

"Okay, okay," I paused. "You guys know Wren, right?" 

The two of them nodded and looked at me as if urging me to hurry and get to the important part.

 "And remember back at the cafe a couple of months back when I told you all about that guy I..slept with?"

Shay turned to look at me as we approached a red light. Her eyes were wide and her lipstick stained mouth hung open. "Lesra.."

"I.. don't get it?" Samuel said from the backseat. I hadn't told them about Wren or anything pertaining to him.

"Put two and two together and it looks like Lesra here had sex with a stranger who just so happens to be the same guys baby she is surrogate for."

 I felt ashamed.

"So you didn't know he was married before you two you know...got freaky?" Samuel asked.

"Of course not! If I had known, I wouldn't have agreed to go upstairs with him!"

"Does Shawna know?" Shay asked. "I can't believe he would cheat on her. Seriously she's a freaking model and she's successful!"

I held the box on my lap closer to me, trying not to feel offended. "Shawna doesn't know, and that's how it will stay, okay? Wren already hates me. He thinks i'm going to tell her or something. That part doesn't bother me, I'm just bothered that he dislikes me so much he doesn't want his own child to survive."

Shay sighed deeply. "This is a very sticky situation, Lesra."

"I'm just gonna have this baby, and get the hell out of there."

By now, we had pulled up to a large warehouse. The parking lot was huge yet very empty since the event wouldn't start until a couple of hours from now.

Shay pulled up to the side of the building where crew members in all black began to unload and  bring in the boxes. I got out of the jeep and placed the large box I had on my lap on the car seat. My intention was to carry a box that was much lighter. I noticed a particular crew member who stood back and instead let everyone else carry in the boxes.

His eyes met mine and then it went to the box on the seat. He looked back at me expectantly, waiting for me to carry in the heavy load.

Just in time, Samuel came around, picked up the box and handed it to the crew member. "She's pregnant, lazy ass."

The guy rolled his eyes before turning on his heels and walking inside. I smiled to myself, glad that I had friends who were always there for me. 

"Put this on," Shay murmured as she fumbled around in her purse for an I.D necklace. "And follow behind me."

The warehouse interior was immense and large. A long stage stretched out from a canvas wall with the name of the designer on it. On either sides of the tall canvas were two curtains that hid the entrance way the models would come through.

Pillars reached up to the ceilings of the building and one by one, crew members placed chairs around the stage. It was crowded already with the DJ setting up his little booth and the bartender organizing and restocking the shelves.

Excitement ran through me as I pictured the hair and makeup of the models Shay would work on and Samuel fiercely strutting down the catwalk. I knew he would take the attention to his full advantage. It was so like him and he had been anticipating this moment for a long time.

Backstage was more hectic than up front. Hair and makeup stations were set up and I helped Shay unload the boxes of curling irons and blow dryers. I was amazed as I watched my best friend go to work on the tall and slender male and females.

My eyes caught Samuel so I made my way to him through the crowd of people.

"Lesra, my love!" he said excitedly. He sat in a chair while a male stylist began shaping up his hair lining.

I giggled. "I can't wait to see you strut your stuff down the stage."

He sighed dreamily. "I know. It all still feels surreal! You know I have to pull out my inner Samuela!"

I rolled my eyes in laughter whenever he talked about his alter ego. 

Just then, the stylist began sprinkling gold glitter on Samuels head. At first I was very iffy about the decoration but once the stylist began working on Samuels face and makeup, it all tied together perfectly and I knew the outfit would go just right.

"Show time in eight minutes!" A man called, Signaling the race against time. Everyone began to go rampant applying last touches, pinning last buttons and strapping on shoes. 

I was envious of all the thin people around me. They had flat stomachs and legs up to their finely plucked eyebrows while I still struggled to be comfortable in my current body that would only continue to change.

"You should go grab your seat, Les," Samuel suggested.

"I should, before all the good ones go," I replied, taking in his appearance one last time before he would make his debut on stage. "I would wish you good luck, but you don't need it. I know you will do great."

He placed his hand over his heart. "Give me a hug!" He got out the chair and wrapped his arm around me. 

"Hey! Don't get glitter on me!" I teased, lightly pushing him away. 

I bounced in my seat, anxious for the show to start. The front of the place buzzed with conversation from the mass of people who were dressed in fancy clothing. I decided on a simple but classy long sleeved purple dress.

I was lucky enough to find an open seat in the front row to the side of the stage. The lights dimmed all around the building and a bright spotlight shown on the stage. Conversations all around dimmed to barely a whisper.

Over the loud speaker, a deep voice announced, "Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the John Rocco State of the Art fashion show! This is an exclusive viewing of what's to come for this seasons latest trends. These clothes are each unique and handmade pieces were made with the finest of materials. So without further ado, let's bring out our models!"

The music began to play; fast and upbeat. 

One by one, the first few models began to walk in, each taking their turn to have the stage for themselves. After the seventh model walked out, Samuel swaggered out in a tight gold suit. I tried not to laugh at his serious facial expression. He stopped at the end on the runway and began to pose as the announcer described his outfit. 

The audience clapped as he walked off and when I thought everyone would continue clapping, I began to hooter and holler Samuel's name but as if on cue, everyone stopped clapping at the same time. The only voice was of mine and the background music. 

Everyone turned to face me and shook their heads. When the next model walked out, all was forgotten.  There was no such thing as being over supportive!

Minutes after the little incident, It still felt like people were watching me but as I looked amongst the crowd, every ones attention was on the beautiful models and their flashy outfits.

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up and I could feel the palms of my hands sweating. I swiped the feeling away, immediately associating it with one of the symptoms of pregnancy.

After that, Samuel came out two more times and then the fashion show was finished. It concluded with a final applause and all the models filing out one by one. Behind them, the designer himself came out and waved, causing the applause to become louder. 

Slowly but surely, the place began to thin out. I still had that strange feeling that now reached the pit of my stomach but I was almost positive that I could just eat it off and feel much better afterwards.

My phone binged. 

'How was the fashion show? Sorry I couldn't make it. Send my love to Sam and Shay. x'

It was a text from Noah.

'It was phenomenal,' I typed. 'u rlly missed out. I'll snd them ur love.'

'I'm also sending my love to you. I hope we're okay?'

I half smiled.

'yeah, we're good. u were jst trying to help. I shouldn't hve snapped on u like that.'

'I'm glad you understand. I guess my attempts fell too short... I'll talk to you later, have trial in a bit.'

I locked my phone and dropped it in my purse.

I looked up to a tall body hovering over my own. The dark smell of his cologne wafted off of him. His hazel green eyes and unruly brown hair. I could already hear his deep British accent before he even spoke. Fear coursed through my veins. We hadn't got off on a good start and I couldn't imagine why this wouldn't be any worse.

He smirked, his hands buried deep in the pants pockets of his black suit. He leaned back a bit, taking in my full appearance. His eyes lingered on my abdomen a little longer than any other place.

"I guess a congratulations is due, since you're carrying my child now."

_____________________________

✔ Vote

✔ Comment

✔ Add 2 Your Library

✔ Fan Me ^_^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 638 25
Sperm bank.....Artificial Insemination.....a life without a partner...living a simple life with her kid and later on adopting a dog...baking cakes an...
9.3M 227K 36
One Friday night, Maizie decides to do the unbelievable and hops into bed with a mysterious, sexy stranger. Only thinking it was a one night stand, t...
322K 6.5K 52
Wanting to fulfill her dreams of being somewhat of a mother, Daniella Carlisle signs up to become a surrogate for a private, wealthy man by the name...
49.5K 2.1K 25
After various failed relationships and a marriage, Nonny Asher, a woman at the peak of her medical career decides to go it alone and get some artific...