League of Her Own (Carmichael...

By AuthorrUnknown

SECOND BOOK IN THE CARMICHAEL SERIES Troy is just like his dad in the respect that he goes after whatever he... More

ENTIRE BOOK IS NOW PUBLIC!
Summary
Character List
Pilot
An Offer
Getting Acquainted
What's Your Plan?
Long Awaited Call
Date Gone Wrong
Say Yes
Trouble in Paradise
Frat Attack
First Impressions
Agonizing Love
Confiding
Irresponsible
Trust Me
Calm Before the Storm
New Friend...?
Have We Met Before?
Cannoli's and Distractions
Mia Figlia
Clearing Up Any Confusion
Unleashed
Bonus Chapter (Ellie)
Shattered Glass and Bail Money
Cleaning Up the Mess
How Does the Jury Find?
Bonus Chapter: Knox and Poppy
Change of Heart
A/N - Get to Know Me
Possible New Story???
Sorry for Teasing
Save The Date
Down On One Knee
Epilogue
THE NEW STORY IS UP

Drunk Words, Sober Thoughts

214K 7.6K 1.6K
By AuthorrUnknown

**I won't be able to upload tomorrow due to having a SUPER hectic day ahead of me, so this will be the update for the week. Sorry about the weird switch! I hope you enjoy, let me know what you think!**

Aurora's POV

The girl laughed before nodding and stepping aside so I could squeeze into the bathroom. I expected her to leave, like any normal person would, but instead she shut the door and locked it. She went back to examining her arm wounds, as if this was a totally normal situation.

"Uh...are you gonna...you know, leave?" I pondered out loud, slightly confused by her off behavior. I watched her reaction in the mirror, noting the way she scrunched her brows in confusion before turning to look at me.

"Why? Chicks never go to the bathroom alone. Besides, I'm buzzed enough that I don't care. But you, my friend, have obviously not had enough to drink." She giggled out. It was then that I took note of her glassy eyes and slight uneasy sway of her body. Was this what my brother's girlfriend always told me about? Drunken bathroom girls and how incredibly nice and chill they are?

I shrugged my shoulders before undoing my shorts and sliding them down my legs. I grabbed the counter for support as I hovered over the toilet seat while going about my business. God only knows what's touched this toilet seat. Once finished, I ushered the strange girl out of the way so I could wash my hands.

I got a strange sense of being watched and glanced up in the mirror only to see the girl doing just that.

"What?" I snapped a little too harshly.

"Nothing. It's just, I've never seen any look so on edge before. Do you ever get, like, headaches and shit from being so tense all the time?" She asked randomly. I was caught off guard by the question, that's for sure. I'd always heard people tell me that ever since the accident I wasn't the same, but no one has ever described how I acted. Glancing at myself in the mirror, I could see exactly what she was speaking of, even if she was drunk off her ass.

My eyes were no longer glowing with happiness as they used to. They were just dull and muddy and blue. I didn't have the slight crease around my mouth from my usual smile lines anymore, and I was, indeed, tense. I tried to force myself to relax my shoulders, but it was of no use.

"C'mon. Let's get you something to drink." She slightly slurred as her alcohol high began to hit her.

"No, that's okay. I actually don't drink. I've got some bad memories that have to do with that." I trailed off, not wanting to elaborate any further. She pursed her lips before nodding.

"Whatever. You know yourself better than I do. I also know that I need a glass of water. I'm way too fucked up right now." She finished before swinging the door open and off setting her own balance. I placed my hands against her back to steady her before following her out of the bathroom, letting her lean a bit of weight against me for support.

Making our way down the stairs, I stopped mid step when I thought I heard someone shout my name from across the room. I wasn't sure if I'd actually heard it, or if I was just going crazy, so I shook my head and continued walking. That was until I heard it again. The music was so loud, that I couldn't make out whose voice it belonged to or where it was coming from, but I was one hundred percent sure someone was calling for me now.

Glancing around the room, I finally spotted the culprit. I swallowed deeply before turning to make a clean getaway, but a strong hand clasping onto my shoulder stopped me. I reached up and pushed the meaty hand off of me, but that only resulted in it winding around my waist instead.

"Did you not hear me yelling, baby?" Troy slurred out as he pulled me into his hard chest. Every muscle in my body tensed up. My breathing sped up, coming out in short pants. Black dots began to swarm around the edges of my vision. I was in full panic mode and there was nothing that was going to stop this impending breakdown. Oh god. It's happening all over again. This can't be fucking happening.

"Woah! Calm down, Rora. Breathe baby girl." He spoke, sounded slightly more sober than he had a few moments ago. Surprisingly enough, I was able to listen to his demand through my panicked daze and get my breathing somewhat under control.

"God you are so beautiful." He mumbled while leaning down to place his forehead against my own. I tilted my head away from him, unable to stomach the smell of beer on his breath. I pushed against his chest, needing the space to be able to think clearly. Had he not been intoxicated, I wouldn't have succeeded in distancing myself from him, but because he was, the force I used caused him to stumble backwards a few steps. Hurt flashed across his eyes as my throat tightened with emotion. I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

Tears pricked the corners of my eyes as I shook my head at a total loss. I slowly backed away from him before turning around completely and making a mad dash for the door that led to the backyard - the same door we'd entered earlier in the night.

I could hear his heavy footsteps following close behind me, but I didn't care. I just needed fresh air. I needed to get the fuck out of this stuffy house and away from all the shitty memories it was conjuring up.

"Aurora, please!" Troy begged from behind me. I ignored the probing gazes from everyone at the party that were burning holes in my back. Pushing the door open, I staggered out and down the three little steps. Making my way over to the huge weeping willow in the middle of the yard, I leant all my weight against the large trunk for much needed support. My head spun as my heart pounded rapidly in my chest.

Calm down. Calm down. Calm down. I repeated the mantra over and over in my head, but it was having no effect.

"Aurora-"

"WHAT!" I whipped around to scream in Troy's face. "What do you want from me?" I yelled, pronouncing every word clearly. He looked taken aback by my sudden outburst, but still undeterred.

"Don't you fucking get it!" He yelled, his words suddenly so clear in my muddled brain. "I don't fucking want anything from you! I just want you. I want your loud, obnoxious giggle and your eyebrow raise when you're unimpressed with something stupid I've said. I want your witty comments when I step out of line and I want your red cheeks when you blush at my dirty words. I want your frustrated sighs when you're trying to help me with homework even though I'm helplessly lost. I want it all, Aurora. God, I'm so in love with every little thing that you do, and you don't even realize it do you?" His voice grew quieter and quieter with every word until they were merely whispered out. My breath caught in my throat as a single tear trickled down my cheek.

I had no idea what to say to him. What do you say to someone professing their affection for you when you don't deserve it one bit?

"You shouldn't be." I responded hoarsely. "I'm a mess. My life is a mess." I croaked out, you could hear the imminent onslaught of tears in my voice.

"But you're my mess, Shorty." He responded instantly while stepping closer and resting his hands on my hips. I rested my face in the palm of my hands, just letting the familiarity of his warmth comfort me.

"There's so much you don't know about me. You wouldn't feel this way if you knew. I'll only bring you down. You don't need that kind of destruction in your life." I insisted, making a move to rid his hands from my body for the second time tonight. My actions only caused him to tighten his hold on me.

"Then tell me. Tell me what I don't know. Let me in. Fucking dammit, let me in." He pushed on. He took a few more subtle steps forward, as if I was a deer that could be easily spooked at any moment. Deciding to let myself have a single moment of comfort and safety, I leaned my head against his chest and clutched his soft t-shirt in my hands desperately. His arms completely engulfed my body, securing my entire frame in an intimate embrace.

"You won't like what you see," I rasped out. "If I let you in." I clarified.

He let out a light chuckle before bringing his hand up to run it over my head before tangling his fingers in my hair. "Impossible." He stated quietly. "Stop pushing me away. The harder you push, the harder I will fight for you. This is a battle you won't win. Just let me take care of you." He insisted.

"Okay." I mumbled almost inaudibly. A huge grin broke out on his face. He was so incredibly happy; it was contagious. Swooping down, he captured my lips with his own, immediately deepening it while one hand wandered down to cup my ass cheek. "I owe you an apology. I'm sorry for how I acted." I panted, breathless from his intense kiss.

"I can't get the taste of your lips off my tongue." He growled out, ignoring my previous words. I licked my lips as the huskiness in his voice caused goosebumps to raise on my skin. My panties were already wet from the searing kiss we'd just shared, but his words only proved to make the problem worse. I smirked at him before leaning up on my tiptoes to kiss him soundly once again.

"Better?" I asked. Now, it was his turn to smile.

"I didn't mean those lips baby." He rasped out against the sensitive skin of my ear. I gasped and fought to keep my moan from escaping as the hand that was groping my ass moved to cup me between my thighs. My knees weakened and my hips ground against his hand as if they had a mind of their own.

"I think I know how I want my apology." He growled out as he sucked on the skin of my collarbone.

"Please." I whispered helplessly, although it's not what I'd intended to say.

"Call an uber. Now." He demanded hotly.

**

Slumping back against Troy's bed, I was completely out of breath. I'd also suspected that my voice was going to be gone tomorrow, too. He kissed his way back up my body before planting one final peck on my lips.

"I fucking love it when you scream my name like that." He groaned. I released a tired laugh at his words before cuddling into his large chest, much too sleepy to give him an actual reply. We settled into a comfortable silence, the only sound was our still somewhat labored breathing paired with the occasional creak of the bedsprings as Troy readjusted his huge body on the tiny bed.

Rolling onto his side with me still tucked up against him, he began tracing random patterns into my bare skin. He started out roaming the expanse of my back, and then he languidly moved to my ass, then to my hip, and finally residing on my upper thigh. I hummed out my content, not bothering to open my eyes. There was a niggling feeling in the back of my mind that told me I shouldn't be here, that I shouldn't be with him; that I would only ruin him like I'd done to so many others.

But I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to continue to push him away. He made me feel safe and happy and comfortable in my own skin. He made my stress go away and my laughter come often. I was tired of fighting my own happiness. I could see a future with him. Little kids running around a big, spacious backyard while I cooked dinner and he helped our older kids with homework.

God, I want that so bad.

"What are you thinking so hard about, Rora?" I love when he calls me that.

"You. Me. Our relationship." I mumbled without hesitation. Peeping one eye open, I caught a glimpse of his worried face in the in the moonlight that was seeping through the open window shades.

"Do you mind elaborating on that a bit? You seem tense." He explained.

"Because I want a future with you, and I don't know if that's possible." I rasped out, voice becoming thick with emotion. It was his turn to tense up now, but it only lasted a moment. My eyes shot open as I was forced onto my back with Troy hovering above me.

"Say it again." He growled out. My brow scrunched together in confusion at his demand.

"I want a future with you?" I squeaked out, still confused if that's what he wanted from me.

"Again." He demanded before beginning to suck on my skin for the second time since we arrived back at his room.

"I-I want a future with you." I moaned out, my hips jerking upwards to meet his own.

"Again."

"I want – oh fuck!" I yelled as his fingers found my core. They were thick and long, his pace unrelenting as he brought me to a quick release. My legs shook furiously as I came undone beneath his hulking frame due to his expert fingers.

"Again." He groaned out while pulling his fingers away only to begin gyrating his rock hard length against my center. Due our nakedness, the direct contact caused both of us to hiss out in pleasure.

"I want a future with you." I squeaked out, barely able to form a coherent sentence because of the pleasure he was giving me.

I snapped out of my lust-induced state when I felt him run his tip up and down my slit.

"No! Stop! Wait!" I rushed out anxiously. He pushed himself away from me in an instant, a concerned look adorning his face. I scooted as far away from him on the bed as I could before pulling my legs up to my chest and wrapping my arms around them. Resting my head against my knee, I rocked myself back and forth.

"Aurora, Sweetheart, what's wrong? I won't touch you, I promise. I just need you to tell me what's wrong." He pleaded, desperation in his voice. I shook my head furiously back and forth, unable to speak.

"I can't help unless I know, Rora." He spoke gently, coaxing a reply from me.

"Not now. I don't wanna talk about it now." I choked out between heavy sobs while still hugging myself.

"Okay. We don't have to talk about it." He murmured soothingly before I felt the bed shift. He disappeared for a split second before I felt his hands on my thigh. I tensed up, unsure of what he was doing.

"It's okay, Aurora. I'm just trying to help. Here, put your hands up." He instructed. I did as he said hesitantly and sighed gratefully when one of his huge shirts covered my entire frame.

I found myself tearing up for an entirely new reason. He was so good at taking care of me. He always knew what to say and do to calm me down and make me feel safe. Make me feel loved. He lightly tapped my hip to let me know to scoot over before climbing into bed – fully dressed.

"Can I hold you?" He asked timidly, obviously not trying to set me off once again.

"Please." I rasped out hoarsely. He pulled me closer to his body and I grabbed his t-shirt in a death grip, terrified to let him go. Terrified for the nightmares I was sure were to come tonight.

"I've got you. No one will hurt you ever again. Do you hear me? No one will ever hurt you again." He stated confidently. I nuzzled my head in the crook of his neck and let my tears flow freely as his soothing words lulled me into a deep, deep sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

916K 51.1K 66
How very noble of you, Mr. Lockhart. I don't need your help. I can do just fine." I retorted. "I'm a lot of things, Victoria." Tyler said leaning aga...
92.7K 2.6K 22
Alicia Carroll and Scott Armstrong have the perfect "no-strings attached" relationship. Sizzling sex is always okay, but sleepovers are only for week...
106K 2.6K 41
Nate and Chloe were potential high school sweethearts, but it never seemed to click. After years of no communication, bad relationships, and life cha...
22.5K 1.1K 40
The fourth book in the Bad Things series. This can be read as a stand-alone. I was shackled to a table in an interrogation room. Some part of me was...