First Impressions

**Currently sitting in my psychology recitation bored out of my mind, and since I didn't get a chance to upload on Monday, consider this a treat. Also, just a little teaser, the next chapter will make u shit urself. In a good way tho...hopefully. Now, back to learning about Positive and negative reinforcements!**

Troy's POV

"I'm so nervous I can't even think straight." Aurora muttered after we'd made a few hours progress into our trip. She'd been jittery all morning, so much so that it resulted in her spilling the entire cup of green tea I'd brought her for the road all over herself. Not to mention, she had to completely change. I didn't blame her, though. I know for a fact when I the time comes for me to meet her parents, I will be reacting just as she is – if not even worse.

"Calm down, baby. They'll love you. You'll be desperate for my mom and sisters to leave you alone by tomorrow morning." I said with a slight chuckle, my tone even and calm. Reaching over, I rubbed her thigh soothingly. This was going to be a painfully long car ride for her if she was this antsy the entire way. Finally relaxing against her seat, she released a big yawn that caused her eyes to water before fluttering shut for a few seconds.

"Why don't you try and get a little more sleep, yeah? We've still got about another four hours or so to go." I suggested, knowing she'll need all the energy she can get in order to tackle that daunting task that is socializing with my family. She rolled her head to the side in order to look at me, her gaze clouded with sleep. I guess that was my fault for waking her at seven a.m. to leave.

Her eyes closed once again as her head lolled back into place. Reaching forward, I turned the volume of the radio down a few notches. With the quiet lull of the radio, and the subtle hum of my truck whizzing down the interstate, she fell asleep quickly. Checking the clock on my dash, I chuckled quietly when I realized it had only taken her some fifteen minutes to practically pass out.

There was no one else on the interstate except for me, and a little red Jetta that'd been riding my ass for about twenty miles. I was one of the very few individuals who'd actually decided to make a trip home for our very short, unofficial 'Fall Break'. My father had told me that driving home for a few days would be a waste of a 7 hour drive there and back, but he quickly shut his mouth when my mother started crying – apparently she'd accused him of trying to 'rob her of time with her baby'.

I checked my surroundings before turning my attention back to Aurora. I still couldn't believe she'd agreed to go with me after everything that'd happened between us. I watched as her chest rose and fell steadily as her eyes twitched ever so slightly. I was absolutely hypnotized by her beauty – it was impossible not to be. Wanting to avoid getting into any sort of accident, I adverted my attention back to the road ahead of me. Biting my lip, I glanced back over and had to keep from laughing at the way her face scrunched up unhappily, probably from whatever dream she was having. Her toes twitched in sync with her hands as she began to squirm ever so slightly.

A subtle look of distress took over her features, so I removed one of my hands from the wheel and placed it on her golden thigh once again – glad that she wasn't awake to give me a second lecture about driving safely on highways and interstates.

Her twitching stopped as soon as I started massaging her soft skin with my thumb while her peaceful expression returned. She heaved a deep sigh before further cuddling the best she could in her seat and falling into a deeper sleep.

"Gonna be a long four hours." I mumbled to myself under my breath before pressing my foot against the gas pedal and wiping my face roughly with my hand.

**

Pulling up to my parents' house, I eased my truck to a swift stop. Getting out, I rounded the front before stopping at the passenger side. I gently shook Aurora's shoulder, but she wasn't even stirring. Jostling her just a little harder, she gasped and shot up in her seat, fully alert as she frantically scanned her surroundings. Finally realizing where she was, she settling down before shooting me an inquisitive look.