Life with the Blake Brothers...

By megaannicolee

More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Sequel
A/N: Important
ONE MILLION READS!

Chapter One

198K 2.5K 859
By megaannicolee

Warning!

This story was written during my freshman and sophomore years of high school. I am currently a freshman in college so you can see where I'm going with this.

I have somewhat rewritten it, but not to the extent that I would like. So please keep that in mind. This story is still under some changes.

Please do not advertise any other works in my comments. Please do not curse in my comments. Please do not be extremely rude in my comments. Any of these will be deleted.

If anyone at anytime would like to make me a cover or a banner just let me know (private message me please). Even if I don't use it as a cover I will post it on any chapter you like.

Please comment and vote, they are extremely appreciated.

The cover above, or to the side, was made by @Kutekittycat01 thank you so much for this, I love it.

Enjoy!

*** REWRITTEN ***

Life with the Blake Brothers

Chapter One

"I'm what?" I screeched throwing my hands up and slumping down onto the couch. The maid of honor dress I was wearing crinkled and mother sent me a glare. It was an ugly dress, but then again aren't all bridesmaids dresses ugly.

"You will meet them at the wedding." She says. "There wonderful boys, you used to know them when you were little. Don't you remember the Blake brothers?" she asked kindly, sucking in her stomach as the tailor zips up her wedding dress.Of course I remembered the Blake's they were the boys I grew up with.

"Turn around." The tailor spoke, a tape measure in her hand and needles sticking out of mouth as she looked my mother up and down. "Beautiful fit, it will be perfect for the wedding. Aren't you proud of your mother?" the tailor asked me.

"Yes ma'am." I answered automatically, my mother shooting me a glance and then looking back at the tailor.

"You did a wonderful job Miss Georgia, thank you so much." My mother told the tailor. She stared at herself in the mirror and did a little twirl. A smile lighting up her face, she was glowing.

"Don't thank me, just have a wonderful wedding and beautiful honeymoon with the soon to be husband." She waved goodbye and exited the room without another word said.

"Alexandria Margret Walker that is no way to behave. You will be on your best behavior with the Blake's and treat them as if they are family. Do you understand?" she asked her eyes narrowing as if challenging me to say no. But that wouldn't be hard. The Blake's were more of a family to me than the man my mother was marrying.

"Yes ma'am." There was a silence that filled the room, but it wasn't a comfortable one. My mother and I had always been close, but now it was like I didn't know the woman standing in front of me.

"You won't even be there that long." She says, once again spinning around to look into the full body length mirror, admiring her perfect dress. Although the perfect dress she wore at her and dad's wedding was upstairs in the attic collecting dust. It's old, she had whined when I had brought it down from the attic. New experiences means a new dress, she had told me and began her search for the right dress.

"So you better be on your best behavior." Noticing my silence, she continues speaking. "Mr. and Mrs. Blake were kind enough to let you stay with them for the time being. They are old friends of your father's and mine, it's not like they are strangers honey. So relax and stand up next to mama, I want to see you in that dress."

Todd Simmons - my mother's fiancé - is a nice man with a lot of money and a big house that we are currently staying in, but just because he has a certificate saying he is legally my new father does not me I am ever calling him father. He was not my father and therefore will always be Todd in my eyes. He doesn't even deserve that title Step father.

Entering Todd's house, or mansion, I headed straight to my room and collapsed onto the bed. Tomorrow was the wedding and the first day with the Blake family. I remember the Blake brothers, there were eight of them total. And each of them with a special place in my heart. Some a bigger space than others, but still there none-the-less.

Xavier is 20 and currently attending the local community college for football. Oliver is 18 and a senior in high school. Kyle is 17 and a junior in high school. Mason is 16 and the same age as me and is a sophomore in high school. Michael is 12 and the quiet one of the group. Jayden is 8 and craves attention from anyone who can give it to him, especially of the girl variety. Trevor is 6 and a mommy's boy, always following her around and never leaving her side. Tyler is 4 and the baby of the group and when I last saw him he was one and only being able to speak little words. Michelle was a second mother to me, and was always there for me when my real mother wasn't. Lastly Matthew, the dad of the bunch and my second father, he treats me like his own kid and I treat him like my father.

I had moved away three years ago after my father ... left us. My mother said the town reminded her too much of him and moved us away to California. Now three years later and here I am going back again, for how long, nobody knows. My suitcases sat at the foot of my bed, empty and unopened. Three swift knocks and an opening door signaled my mother as she entered my room, her high heels clicking on the hard wood floor.

"What did I tell you Alexandria? Pack your bags, now." She ordered and sat down on the edge of my bed. My mother had never been this bossy, ever. She was a kind person, never one to raise her voice. But when she met Todd, all that went out the window. He changed her, and not for the better.

"I know you don't approve of Todd, but I love him sweetie. I'm not replacing your father, but I just need to move on. It's been three long years and I'm finally happy again, it is what your father would have wanted."

"Playing the dad card mom, really?" I asked standing from my bed and opening up the walk-in-closet, pulling out random pieces of clothes and beginning to fold them. She didn't say anything before getting up and opening the door.

"It's an important day for me tomorrow Lexi, and you have a very important role in it. I expect it to go flawlessly and to have that, you need a good night sleep. Don't spend all night packing alright, you can do that tomorrow after the reception or before you leave that morning, I don't care but I need my maid of honor fully rested and ready. Do you understand?"

"Yes ma'am." I replied and continued to fold my clothes. Just one more day and I will be away from here and back to my old town. The town where my old friends lived and my father laid, awaiting my return.

**

*

**

"Come on Alexandria! Get up, get ready; it's a big day today! Get up!" my mother's voice rang throughout the house as my eyes snapped open. I groaned but immediately pushed the cover off of me.

"The Blake's are here!" she burst through my room and laid the maid of honor dress on the edge of the bed. "Get dressed in this later, right now just put on something cute and come meet them." She ordered and I silently rummaged through my closet, pulling out a pair of short shorts, a cute tank top, and my favorite pair of heeled wedges. I run a brush and quickly straighten my hair and applied some make up. I hung my hideous dress up on a hanger in my bare closet and exited my room.

Family members were rushing around the house, trying to get everything together and it was only seven o'clock in the morning. I descended the stairs and walked into the foyer where seven familiar people were standing and looking around in amazement.

"It's beautiful huh?" I asked breaking them out of their trance and brought their attention to me. A big smile lit up Michelle's face as she rushed towards me, engulfing me in a hug and telling me how much she missed me. "I miss-" but before I could get anything else out of my mouth my aunt rushed up to me with a list of something.

"Alex!" Aunt Marie called, "The food catering service should be here in a couple of hours. Here is the list of everything that is expected, the tents are already up in the backyard, the preacher won't be here for a few hours, the ice sculpture just arrived and we need to find some place to put it. The groom is still sleeping, hungover from the bachelor party last night so you need to wake him and give him some medicine, the groomsman will be here soon, make sure they know where to go." She paused and began to pace. "What else am I forgetting?" she asked herself. "Oh! Your mother needs to see you as soon as you can. She is in her room with the other bridesmaids." She walked off and I returned to the Blake family.

It was times like these that I wish my mother wouldn't have made me her maid of honor. I wish she would have just put me in the wedding, just not the person who had to organize and make sure everything went right. If something was just slightly off, it was my head on the chopping block. And that alone, made my stomach churn.

"I'm sorry about that." I apologized to Michelle, but she just waved me off. I seemed to have caught the eyes of most of the boys as they looked me up and down. "Well, long time no see huh boys?" I asked. "And Daddy Matt how are you?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around his neck and squeezed tight.

"I'm good baby girl, how are you?" he asked.

"Stressed but that's what I get for agreeing to be the maid of honor, a lot to do is so little time." Michelle gave me a look of sympathy but I looked back at the list and then back at the family.

"I hope you remember the boys." Michelle started but I cut her off.

"How could I forget these boys? Always throwing me in pools, pulling my hair when we were younger, and keeping away all the boys, how could I forget them?" I was enveloped into a massive group hug as the boys attacked and messed with my hair. Time had defnitely been good to these boys, but I would never tell them that. I could see by just looking at them that their egos were already too big.

"We missed you Alex." Oliver said a big smile on his face.

"Yeah finally, how am I supposed to live without my partner in crime?" Kyle asked.

"You're not." I shrugged, "No one can live without their partner in crime, especially when she's as good at her job as I am." I joked and pinched his cheeks. Kyle and I were always the ones pulling pranks on everybody, well that was when they weren't picking on me.

"Okay, that's a little far Lexi." He smiled and stepped back. I was brought into another hug by Mason who held me at an arm's length away and smiled.

"Good to see you again babe." He smirked, earning himself a smack on the arm.

"Don't call me babe." I scolded. "I would love to chat, but we will have enough of that beginning tomorrow. Right now, I need to get to work. Y'all can make yourself at home or help out, I don't care but right now I need to make sure this day is perfect. So if you'll excuse me."

"We'll help, lead the way." Both Kyle and Oliver stood before me.

"I don't know." I was a bit reluctant. They were known to destroy things, and nothing could go wrong or my mother would freak.

"Oh come on Lexi, we won't break anything that's too important." My mouth dropped open and he laughed, "I'm just joking. Just tell us what you want us to do and we'll do it." So with that I put all of the Blake brothers to work, hoping that I did the right thing and that nothing would get broken, no matter how important the thing might be.

"You need to talk to your mother, she's been asking for you for the last three hours. Go talk to the bride, now." Aunt Marie ordered following me up the stairs and pushing me into the room where my mother sat on her window seat and peered out at the working people below as they set up everything and made sure everything was perfect, just how my mother wants it.

"Am I doing the right thing?" she asks suddenly.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Would your father approve of this? Would he really want me to marry someone else?" she asks again, tears forming in her eyes. She didn't tear her eyes away from the window, but I could see the tears threatening to fall. "I can't help but feel guilty, I feel like I'm cheating. Is this cheating Lexi? Am I cheating on your father by getting married again?" The first tear broke through her grasp and the others quickly followed.

"Mom, do you love Todd?" I asked and she simply nodded, not trusting her voice.

"And he loves you?" Once again she nodded.

"Dad's gone mom and he's not coming back. He'll wait for you in heaven, but for right now he would want you to be happy. It isn't cheating mom. He's watching us right now and he's happy that we're happy, that's all he ever wanted right?" she nodded again. These words hurt to say, but I knew that they were what my mother would want to hear, and somewhere deep inside I knew that they were true. No matter how much I didn't want to believe them myself.

"I love you mom and so does dad no matter what you decide to do. If you want to say I do, then say it. If you want to run out in the middle of the ceremony then I will follow right behind you. Do what your heart says mom, not what you think anyone else wants you to do. Do you understand?" I asked using the words she always says to me. She recognizes this and cracks a smile as the tears come to a stop.

"Yes ma'am" she mutters and wipes underneath her eyes. "We have four hours until show time. I'll be down stairs if you need anything. Remember what I said and don't forget, I love you mom."

She kissed my forehead and whispered, "I love you too sweet pea."

II wipe underneath her eyes, getting rid of all the tears. I smiled up at her and went to work on the list of things that need to be done.

**

*

**

"Go upstairs and get ready, it's almost time." Grams said and rushed me upstairs where I hurriedly dressed in the awful maid of honor dress and added a little more make-up, twisting my hair up in an intricate braid and then slipping on my high heels. I stood in front of the mirror and gave a small smile, this dress was hideous but if it made my mom happy I will put up with it for tonight, and then I'm burning it.

As I walked through the rows of people with the best man's arm looped through mine, I couldn't help but smile. I wasn't too fond of the man she was marrying, but if my mother was happy then I would try to be also.

"Do you Todd Simmons, take Chelsea Walker to be your wife?" the preacher asked as family and friends gathered in the backyard, sat in white wooden benches and soaked up the sun as it moved through the cloudless blue sky, the perfect weather for the perfect wedding.

"I do." He said smiling at my mother.

"And do you, Chelsea Walker take Todd Simmons, to be your husband?"

There was a pause and my mother eyes locked with mine, a motion that didn't go unnoticed by the crowd of people gathered in Todd's backyard and I gave an encouraging smile. I looked out into the crowd, locking eyes with familiar blue ones that held concern, until he winked and I rolled my eyes at him.

Still the same old Mason Blake.

"I do." She spoke so quietly I doubt the whole crowd heard her, but as the preacher announced, "You may kiss the bride." the audience rose from their seats and gave them a standing ovation and the newly wed couple walked through the rows of people and over to the dance floor where the reception began and would last all night.

"Care to dance?" A familiar voice sounded. My head snapped to the familiar boy and I nodded. I took his hand as he led me out to the dance floor and placed his hands on my waist. I wrapped my arms loosely around his neck as we swayed back and forth. He definitely looked a lot older than the last time I had seen it. But just like his other brothers, time has been good to him.

"So, how are things since I left?" I asked Xavier.

"Okay. Mom went through kind of a depression after you left though. It took a lot to get her happy again, I think seeing you today was the happiest she's been in three years. She loves you, you know. She considers you her baby girl." He teased.

"Well, I did spend every day at your house." I smiled. "It's was only a matter of time before my good looks and charm captured somebody." I laughed.

"Oh it sure captured somebody alright." He muttered, but I pretended not to hear as we continued to talk and sway to the slow song playing in the back ground.

"We're glad you're coming back with us Lexi." Kyle says and drapes his arm over my shoulder. "We missed you." He said. "All but Tyler he doesn't remember you." He finishes with a laugh and I jab my elbow into his side.

"Shut up."

"What? I'm just telling you the truth, so when he asks who's that, you're not heartbroken." He explains, raising both of his hands up.

I put a hand over my chest and say, "Thank you for caring so much about my feelings Ky." Kyled just rolls his eyes at my use of sarcasm, but as I look around I notice something that I hadn't noticed before. "Where are the little ones anyway?" I ask.

"Staying with grandma, mom and dad didn't want to bring them here with everything going on. And they don't take well to airplanes." He shrugs. I nod and then retreat back to my bedroom, where all the boys were conveniently lying around and rummaging through my things.

**

*

**

The boys and I had left the reception when all the parents had started to really drink. There was an open bar, and a hefty supply of many different kinds of alcohol, all thanks to Todd. He had so much money that he didn't even know what to do with it all.

But now we had resided into my room. "make yourselves at home." I grumbled and face planted into my bed, very aware of the snickers around the room and the dip of the bed on each side of me.

"If you wanted to show us all what is on underneath your dress, all you had to do was ask baby, I could of made the others leave the room." My face heats up and a blush spreads across my cheeks, I slam my face down into a pillow as Mason laughs next to me. "We'll have a bunch of time for that later." He winks.

"Don't worry about him." Oliver says and puts an arm around my neck, "I got your back."

Oliver and I have always been close. I can tell him anything and he can hopefully do the same with me.

Disregarding the fact that I was now surrounded by four shirtless guys, I manage to fight off the blush that was creeping up my cheeks. I was a teenage girl surrounded by four hot boys with rocking abs, sue me. I rested my head on Oliver's shoulder, I faintly remember somebody turning off the lights before I succumbed to the darkness and fell asleep in a room of shirtless teenage boys.

................

Roughly Edited.

This is dedicated to @worldgirlalways for the beautiful cover she made me! It is the current cover for this story. And I absolutely love it.

Please go check out my newest story Sweet Dreams. It would mean very much to me. So please go check it out. Comment and Vote while you're at it.

If you find any mistakes please let me know. This is a rewritten chapter. There wasn't much to change with this, but there will be plenty to change in the upcoming chapters.

What did you think? Let me know.

And can I just say, that I am jealous of Lexi. Who wouldn't want to fall asleep in a room with four shirtless teenage boys?

Comment

Vote

Follow Me

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 1.2K 22
Lynn Jordan is an aspiring ball player, seeking help to make it in the big leagues. She's not doing well at first, so her brother Deandre gets help...
12.1K 590 32
Book Two of the Jubilee and Blake Series Most people have been taught that there are always consequences for their actions. Newton's Third Law said i...
6.8K 191 36
About a 20 year old athlete (April) who goes to UCLA and obsesses over Blake Griffin. She meets Blake Griffin and thinks that that might be the last...